Sugary during lockdown

Hi all, I’ve recently been diagnosed with primary breast cancer and

I’m due to undergo a mastectomy this week. Feeling really scared 

Don’t know how I’m supposed to feel. Hopeful that the Cancer will be removed, but dreading how I will look & feel about myself afterwards.

Terrified that my diagnosis is will be worse than first thought & that I might not be around for my family.

Is anyone else going through this right now?

Hi there, 

Thank you for sharing how things are for you at the moment. 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week, and I’m having a mastectomy of my left breast later this month. 

It’s such a strange time isn’t it, especially having to go through it all during lockdown. I know it’s not easy, but believe me, you’re not alone and I’m thinking of you and here if you need someone to talk to. 

Have you had much contact with your breast cancer nurse? Mine is calling me for the first time tomorrow, hoping he or she will be able to answer any questions I may have. 

Take care and much love x 

Hi 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 25 March they put me on Letrozole and said they will review me in 12 weeks time due to Covid. I’m finding a lot of newly diagnosed women are having surgery even in lockdown I’m starting to feel very nervous  

I wish you all the best luck for your surgery and hope it goes well.

Hi

i know it’s a scary time and I know how u feel.  I was diagnosed in March 2020 and have been give Letrozole until June and they will review me again due to Covid and was told it will be surgery then but I’m feeling very nervous due to the wait.  I wish you all the best for your surgery and hope it goes well

Hi ladies,

I was diagnosed in April and had wide local excision and node biopsies last week. Lockdown makes a bad situation worse! I found the online shopping bit for surgery difficult as delivery times are so messed up. Ordinarily I would have popped to M&S and got fitted properly for sports bras but I’m afraid it was more a guessing game

This forum is so amazing and supportive as unfortunately everyone has been there! It’s shocking to see how many people have joined with new diagnosis since I did two weeks ago! What I have taken from it is that you do get through it. Posts from people saying “two years ago this was me” have certainly encouraged me. 
take care 

Mel 

Xxx 

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed 3rd March and immediately put on Letrozole. Following an MRI scan, I was told on 31 March that I will be having a mastectomy but on hold because of Covid and my next appointment is early July!

The surgeon is confident it’s safe to delay as tumour is Stage 2 and I’m tolerating Letrozole well. I’ve contacted the hospital and they’re reviewing the postponed and cancelled surgeries every day and things are starting to move so I’m hoping my surgery will move forward. Strange thing to wish for, isn’t it? Ideally I’d like an immediate reconstruction but I’m not sure that’s an option in these strange times.

I’m putting my trust in the medical team as they know so much more than I do but can’t help feeling nervous about the delay.