cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery cancelled

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Re: Surgery cancelled

Dear stay zen and Mel , I saw oncologist yesterday going to start my radiotherapy in August only having 5 sessions so in the meantime I’m going back to work . I wish you both well x like you both a lot has happened in the last 3 months I seem to have gone through this in a bubble feel like I’m wAtching somebody else not me x anywAy we r all on the right side of this , good luck lAdies xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Not sure 🤔 what the spoiler alert is for 😂

Highlighted

🎉🎉🍾🍾

Best spoiler ever and fabulous news, in 2020 each day felt like a month 😂 

I’m a quarter of the way through radiotherapy now, 5 down and 15 to go. Mine will be three months from diagnosis to active treatment over too. 
Definitely avoid Google🤣

wishing you the very best 

Mel xx 

Highlighted

Spoiler
Hi Nannyval, Mel71

Well ladies I made it through. Finished radiotherapy yesterday. From discovering lump to final treatment session was 3 months, which I know in the scheme of things is quick but has felt a long long time as soon much has happened. Especially as all in lock down. Good to be finished and to be looking forward beyond the next results/treatment. Lots to be thankful for, and feeling positive (as long as keep off Dr Google). Wishing you both well in completing your treatment and moving forward. X 

Highlighted

Well we r almost there final step . I can’t wait to be back to work but I’m also kinda glad I had the summer off .good luck girls we r survivors xx

Highlighted

Hi Nannyval,

Brilliant news, you will sleep well tonight. I had my first radiotherapy session today and it was absolutely fine. Everyone has been so kind and the cancer centre feels safe, not like a hospital. 
By the end of the summer we will be on the home straight 🎉

best wishes 

Mel xx 

Highlighted

Hi Stayzen, 

wow you’re almost finished 🎉Today was great, not sure what I was expecting but you’re right it was just like having an X-ray. I’m having 20 sessions, 15 normal and 5 boost. Will be done by the end of July. I see the oncologist at the end of radiotherapy for medication planning. They are talking about monthly Zoladex injections ( to make me menopausal) then letrozole and six monthly Zometa infusion.  
good luck with your final treatments 

Mel xx 

Highlighted

I started hormone treatment before surgery , I’m on letrozole because I’m post menopausal. I’m DefinAtly suffering from hot flushes mainly at night . But compared to having cancer I’m happy with that.so glad your radiotherapy going well .

Highlighted

Hope you are well Mel and that the radiotherapy went well today. X 

Highlighted

Hi Nannyval

Great to hear your results were positive, it’s such a relief isn’t it. In the end I am doing 10 sessions of radiotherpay and I only have three more to go. Luckily I live fairly close to the hospital so in total it’s taking about 1 hr 15min everyday inc travel time. The treatment itself is really just like having an X-ray - although I was still nervous the first time I went in. So far so good with minimal side effects. Skin is hot but not Irratated and some tightness. I started moisturising well 2 weeks before and have been moisturising for England during treatment and drinking plenty of water. Can’t wait to finish on Monday and start to move on from treatment. Are you also having hormone treatment ? I have started my tomoxifen - quite hard in this heat to know if I’ve triggered hot flushes or not as I am so hot all the time. Let me know how you get on. X 

Highlighted

Hi stayzen I had my results today , all good the cancer has all gone .im going to have radiotherapy . Have you started yours I hope its all ok x

Highlighted

Hi mel71

good luck with the planning session tomorrow. I found it okay, there was a lot of measuring and marker pens out (they do love to draw on you with this diagnosis and treatment). I’m waiting to hear if I need the booster sessions. Will definitely have 5 (due to covid 5 days rather than 15) and then potentially 3 more. Starting next week so will let you know how I get on. Take care 

Highlighted

Hi Mel glad you’ve got your start date for radiotherapy , I feel I’ve been lucky with op as not very sore at all . Will be so happy to get results out of the way . And how precious those family moments will be .hope to hear from you after your first session , I will let you know how my results go x

Highlighted

Hi Nannyval,

Great that the surgery part is done and hope you aren’t too sore.  My radiotherapy starts on your results day! Those hugs from your family will be even more precious when you’ve waited so long. 

best wishes

Mel 

Highlighted

Hi Stayzen, 

We’re at a very similar stage. I have radiotherapy planning tomorrow and start on July 1st, 15+ 5 boost sessions. See oncologist two weeks after it finishes to sort out medication. 

wishing you the best of luck... happy moisturising! 
Mel 

Highlighted

hi stay zen  glad your having some down time and all is ok , I look forward to hearing from you when your radiotherapy starts x

Highlighted

Hi nannyval

glad the surgery went well and that you’re recovering okay. It’s difficult not having family being able to visit currently, but hopefully soon. I’m now 5 weeks post surgery and everything is settling down and thankfully my arm movement is fine. I’ve had my radiotherapy planning session (so now have three small dot tattoos!) which was fine - lots of being drawn on and measured, and start the sessions next week. It’s nice this week not too have any appointments / be waiting for results. I’ve also started my tamoxifen - week one and all okay, but recognise it’s early days. Hope you continue to recover well from surgery. 

Highlighted

Hi stayzen I had my surgery on Friday ,went down at 1.30 and home by 7.30 pm off the painkillers doing my exercises so far so good. Got results on 1 st July so that’s next step . I’m missing my family so much self isolating for another fortnight .its a horrible thing to go through but without your family by your side is so hard , thank god for social media lol but not the same as a hug. Hope you are ok have you started your radiotherapy yet. Hope your enjoying the sunshine xxxxx

Highlighted

Dear sandpiper , thankyou for your good wishes xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nannyval,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope your surgery goes smoothly. It's a big day - the beginning of your recovery.

Wishing you well.

Sandpiper

x

Highlighted

Good luck with your surgery, hope it all goes well. Another step forward. Xxx 

Highlighted

Hi Mel , well surgery is tomorrow so I am eager to get on with it . Hope you are ok and I will report bk on here when I am able xxx

Highlighted

Hi stayzen , surgery is tomorrow yay . Hope you are going ok on your journey , I will catch up with you when I’m back with it lol

Highlighted

Hi nannyval, been thinking about you and hoping everything is still on schedule for your new date. Hopefully not much longer to wait. Take care 

Highlighted

Hi Nannyval,

how disappointing😢

At diagnosis I was told to self isolate for two weeks. At the two week point I was admitted to hospital for Covid test and had to stay there for 24 hrs Pre op. Covid text results came back in about eight hours.  
Cancer truly is a test of patience and just when you think you know what the plan is it throws you another curved ball!! 

Hopefully you can sit in the garden and enjoy the lovely weather we’re having. 
best wishes 

Mel xx 

Highlighted

Spoiler
So sorry to hear that this has happened, it can’t be easy. The guidelines seem to be changing all the time which are for everybody’s protection but it doesn’t make it any easier. Fingers crossed for you going forward. 
Highlighted

Surgery cancelled

I was due to have a lumpectomy on Monday 1 st of June , went for pre op on Wednesday , covid test booked for sAturday now got phone call today theguidelines have changed. My surgery is cancelled for a fortnight as I have to have been shielding prior to op and going for pre op on Wednesday broke my shielding as the breast centre wasn’t a green area.so now another fortnight of shielding but will be alright for covid test to be done 48 hours before surgery as it will be done in a green area. Annoyed got myself ready for this now waiting again. Oh well onwards and upwards . Wonder if anyone else been affected by this