Surgery cancelled

I was due to have a lumpectomy on Monday 1 st of June , went for pre op on Wednesday , covid test booked for sAturday now got phone call today theguidelines have changed. My surgery is cancelled for a fortnight as I have to have been shielding prior to op and going for pre op on Wednesday broke my shielding as the breast centre wasn’t a green area.so now another fortnight of shielding but will be alright for covid test to be done 48 hours before surgery as it will be done in a green area. Annoyed got myself ready for this now waiting again. Oh well onwards and upwards . Wonder if anyone else been affected by this

<li-spoiler>So sorry to hear that this has happened, it can’t be easy. The guidelines seem to be changing all the time which are for everybody’s protection but it doesn’t make it any easier. Fingers crossed for you going forward. </li-spoiler>

Hi Nannyval,

how disappointing

At diagnosis I was told to self isolate for two weeks. At the two week point I was admitted to hospital for Covid test and had to stay there for 24 hrs Pre op. Covid text results came back in about eight hours.  
Cancer truly is a test of patience and just when you think you know what the plan is it throws you another curved ball!! 

Hopefully you can sit in the garden and enjoy the lovely weather we’re having. 
best wishes 

Mel xx 

Hi nannyval, been thinking about you and hoping everything is still on schedule for your new date. Hopefully not much longer to wait. Take care