Surgery tomorrow

I have a sentinel node location, wire and lumpectomy scheduled for tomorrow, recently diagnosed with ductal breast cancer, and I’m really anxious about it. Could do with some positive experiences as I’m thinking all sorts!

It is a surprisingly straightforward operation and in my experience I was more uncomfortable than in pain afterwards - I was home in my own bed by 8.30 pm same day -a bit groggy but ok .Get someone to bring a pillow for return journey as seat belt goes across your chest and just think this time tomorrow hopefully cancer will be gone which is a good feeling !!

Thank you so much, that’s a really helpful thing to read just before I try to get some sleep. Just cleaned the whole house! Thank you again x

Good luck for today xxx
I stupidly had a cup of tea with milk the morning of my surgery!!! But they did me last and I was home by 7:30 that evening. It was a long old day and felt a bit like going here there and everywhere to get to different departments but I had my boyfriend with me the wholetime and he listened to instructions as I was just in another time zone!!
After surgery I was discharged after 2 hours and apart from feeling numb in the area operated on I was fine. Very sleepy and feeling sorry for myself but otherwise just glad it was all out of me.
The district nurse came the next day to check me over and leave me my exercises to do and after that it was a case of just slowly getting on with stuff again.
All very uneventful really.
Just take it easy and good luck xxx

Hi BRE

I wanted to wish you good luck for your surgery today…as I write this I guess you will be well on your way.

I had this procedure although I had my sentinel lymph node located and scan the day before surgery.

As the other ladies have said, it is painless and just a little discomfort for a couple of days after. I had my treatment in France, where we live;  I was a day patient and returned home a few hours after when my lovely husband made me scrambled eggs for supper. (They tasted really good and I have to mention his cooking skills)!

I was prescribed some painkillers which I didn’t really need and was able to remove the dressing myself about 48 hours after surgery!!! The scar is neat from the WLE and I’ve since had radiotherapy.

Sending you good wishes and positive thoughts…I hope these posts help you through.

Love Rosie xx

Thank you all for your very positive words! I’ve had the radioactive bit and the wire and I’m now waiting to go to theatre. Your comments have really helped me through a tough morning and everything you have said was true, the worst part was the dye injection but that wasn’t too bad. See you on the other side! X

Hey Bre, wishing you a speedy recovery too. x

Hope alls gone well and you’re home and tucked up in bed.
The dye was the bit that got me as well!
Take care and be gentle with yourself xx

Thank you so so much ladies. Your kind words really helped me. Slept like a log, a little sore this morning but will be ok. :heart: Xx