Did you mean: 

Targeted Radiotherapy

4 REPLIES 4
Katitkins

Re: Targeted Radiotherapy

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggested. X

scientistamafier

I did a quick Google search for Targit Iort. Although the technique has been around for many years it has only relatively recently been approved in the U.K. (2018). It maybe that not many hospital have the capability for using this technique yet. It sounds very good, as the radiotherapy apparently happens as part of your lumpectomy operation.

There is a separate Radiotherapy area on here. You could ask on there in case anybody had this technique. Or perhaps in the Surgery section. Both of these are in the Going through breast cancer treatment section

https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Going-through-breast-cancer/ct-p/going_through_treatment

Katitkins

I can’t seem to find anyone having this type of radiotherapy.

Shareena_BCN
Community Manager

Hi @Katitkins

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling scared and are constantly worried about lymphoedema. If you have any questions or just want to talk things through, our Breast Care Nurses are available on our free phone Helpline 0808 800 6000. 

You may also find our Someone Like Me service useful which can put you in touch with a volunteer who has been trained to help, whether you’d like to speak to someone who has personal experience of the challenges you are facing or someone who can simply offer a listening ear. 

Sending my warmest wishes, 
Shareena
Forum Moderation Team

Katitkins

Targeted Radiotherapy

Hi I have been recently diagnosed with Right Breast 12mm Grade 2 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma ER 8/8 PR 8/8 HER2 negative E cadherin positive .

I am having magseed & magtrace then a lumpectomy and Targit iort (Targeted Radiotherapy) on 29th March. Would be great to hear from anyone who has had this procedure.

Realy scared about the anaesthetic as I have Severe COPD and mild Bronchiectasis also have fungal lung disease Aspergillosis.

Also constantly worried about Lymphoedema.

I am 61