This waiting is awful

I am waiting for results for HER2 test and am finding this wait unbearable.  I have been diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Cancer Grade 3 and needing a mastectomy.   Consultant has told me if this test is positive will need chemo first.   Is also oestrogen and progesterone positive.  I am having difficulty in accepting this diagnosis and can’t stop worrying and petrified of it spreading as the mass is taking up half of my breast.  Only good thing is consultant said my axilla looks healthy.  I know there are people on here in a worse situation than me but still finding this extremely hard

Jaynie 

Hi @Jaynie23  ,

Yes, waiting is awful and we feel like time is running away from us. I am now waiting for a mastectomy that I wish could happen today (booked for 12/10), my tumour is growing, it’s tender to touch and in the way too, I also am scared of it spreading whilst I’m waiting. The BCN knows about this but I still have to wait. I wanted the mastectomy first but was told chemo first, so had 3 rounds until I said no the next 3 with a different drug. WAIT is a four-letter word!

I hope you will get your results as soon as possible and that your treatment can start. Take care x