Trekking holiday

So. I’m recently diagnosed and getting excellent care. I have a WLE and SNB due this Friday - and hoping that will be it for surgery, then hormone treatment only (though I obviously realise this can’t be decided for sure until the results are all back). I have a fantastic trekking holiday in the Himalayas booked for early October: I’m going to have to cancel aren’t I (if only because it will be too late by the time I get the full results)? Guess I just want to be reassured I’m not passing on this holiday unnecessarily.

Also, any advice on trekking/ using a backpack after boob ops?

I had surgery last August, same as yours and certainly wouldn’t have wanted to carry a back pack so soon. It also depends where your scars are, but having trekked in Nepal 3 times I wouldn’t have done it for about 6 months post lumpectomy. I do carry backpacks alot now, but not as heavy as before. Good luck with your op this week. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel. On Sunday I’m cycling 100 miles in the Ride London! So many people have been very generous sponsoring me and I now have £800 for Breast Cancer Care and the same amount for the hospital I had all my treatment. For several months I thought I wouldn’t be able to do things like this again.