Waiting for her2 test result but had the lump for 2 months

4 REPLIES 4
pippi1969

Re: Waiting for her2 test result but had the lump for 2 months

Thank you Ann it means a lot to me what you are saying, thank you!!! Xxx
ann-m
Community Champion

It will settle down, Pippi, when you know what you’re dealing with & what your treatment plan is.
The early days of diagnosis tends to be the most difficult as the mind is all over the place with the uncertainty & anxiety of it all.
It does move on.
ann x
pippi1969

Thank you for easing my mind a bit by saying it's unlikely to make any difference a bit of delay. I'm just an emotional mess at the moment but keeping busy with work and keeping over water with medication x
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Pippi,
Sorry to hear that you had to persist in getting a diagnosis & it’s always worrying if there’s a delay, but now you have a diagnosis, the timescales are highly unlikely to make any difference.
ann x
pippi1969

Waiting for her2 test result but had the lump for 2 months

Hi finally they are having a MDT meeting to find out hopefully what treatment I'm going to have. At first they sent me home after an U/S as they said it's just grissle but I persisted and it is cancer that's why it's taken a few weeks longer than it should have been. Anyway I have asked my BCN if I'm save to wait for test result to come back as it's been 2 months since I discovered my lump (MRI CT FNA all clear btw) and she said I'm save. I feel up in the air until this HER2 result comes back as they can't start treatment til this is back, hopefully tomorrow 🙁🙁🙁