What a shock!

Hi everyone, to say my diagnosis was a shock is an understatement!  After the eight years that I have been looking after my husband who has Bowel Cancer, he is on his third round of Cancer.  He is still having treatement so we are trying to work around each others hospital visits.  It’s like a not so funny farce, although we have a very warped humour, which has helped us enormously! 

When I found my ‘lump’, I could hardly believe it!  I am having a lumpectomy on the 2nd of October, that will be six weeks since my discovery.  I discovered the lump just before the Bank Holiday!  I cannot fault my medical team, they have been very helpful and kind.  I think they have been especially rapid because of our situation!

Like many of you I have been calm, in fact possibly too calm.  I don’t seem to have any feelings at the moment, perhaps it’s the way the body protects itself?  Perhaps I will feel different after my operation and when I find out if my Lymph glands are affected. I feel as if I am holding it all together until we know what happens next.  I hope after my lumpectomy and radiotherapy my cancer will have been removed.  

My best wishes to everyone on here. Good luck to you all. 

Regards

Lynne71

Hi Lynne71

yes it is a shock! You have certainly been through the mill as a family. Good job you have a warped sense of humour as it will certainly help.

Keep using the forum as I found it invaluable. I am 5 months post surgery and back at work this week which was a huge shock to the system. 

Once you you have had your surgery then the next part of the plan kicks in. You will feel a bit better once you have a plan and know what you are dealing with. You sound like you are doing well but at times it can be bravado!

Good luck with the rest of your journey. The lovely ladies on here are very supportive 

Hugs x

I was where you are now, back in May…finished rads at the beiginning of Sept. wishing you all the best Lynne71…it’s a rollercoaster ride for sure but there is so much love and support for you here to get you through to the end x