blood blister in the incision scar/wound

Hello,
My daughter is having a rough time after her mastectomy, with a very swollen wound, leakage and now she has a very painful thing there that looks like a blood blister.
The nurse practioner says that it is a granuloma, but I searched online and it has nothing to do with what my daughter has.
When the nurse pressed it, it went down like a blister, and then bounced being filled with dark blood again, and then leaks.
She says she will apply silver nitrate, but I have serious doubts: silver nitrate on a mastectomy wound?
Still not healed?
Anyone here had this kind of experience?
I am agonizing here without knowing what to do to help.
Thank you

By nurse practioner do you mean at GP
? If so would seek advice from breast clinic - if this is at the clinic ask if you (your daughter ) can have a review with the surgeon to look at wound if you are not happy with the advice given .

Hi Sandra,
As Jill says.
I didn’t think silver nitrate was used any more, let alone on a surgical wound, so you’re right to query this.

Just to add, it may also be an idea to give the helpline here a ring.

I had silver nitrate put on a wounder after my 2nd surgery because it would heal properly. The surgeon did it.

Hi everybody, thank you so much for all your replies, it helped a lot, and in the end she just had her dressing changedby the nurse practitioner and she will have an appointment with the breast cancer nurse. 

We were at the clinic and she had a sudden call basically telling her that her oncotype results were back, and the situation required an urgent appointment in two days.

Just like that! We turn grey.

I just do not know what to say, because everything seems disrespecteful! How may I dare saying that everything is going to be fine if I am not the one going through her treatments and pain?

I just keep saying that she is an amazing, brave, courageous person.