diagnosis and really scared

Hi all i have just got my diagnosis and i have grade 3 invasive ductal cancer ER positive and HER2 negative its also in my lymph nodes, im not sure what stage yet until i get results of pet/ct …dr said chemo and mastecomy but if its spread then they will talk about treatment, now im thinking its spread of course and im literally going to die, im so fricking scared, i cant think straight! she also said its aggressiv,e i also had a skin punch biopsy to rule out IBC too, she said that inflamation is prob caused by the cancer thats in my breast rather than IBC, god i hope she correct. anyone else have the same as me? x

@eeyore58  - I’m so sorry that the verbal diagnosis was confirmed today. You will be feeling as if you have been hit hard by that truck that came out of nowhere. It’s a massive shock, so take some time to get your head around things, this really is the time for lots of self kindness.

I had similar to you, invasive ductal with node involvement, ER positive and HER negative, chemo, mastectomy and radiotherapy and now Tamoxifen. So if I can help with any explanations please ask any questions.

Really try to take one day at a time, or even one hour at a time if things get really tough. Use this forum to chat and get support anytime you need it.

I don’t know if you have seen the service “Someone like Me” - where you get teamed up with someone specially trained who has/had what you have? You might find that helpful. And of course the lovely nurses are always there to advise and support.

Sending you really big hugs and I hope others will be along soon too. Evie xx

@eeyore58  @Evie-S  

Try to keep your feet on the ground and take one step at a time.  It’s not easy but there’s lots of listening ears on this forum and @Evie-S  @gives really good advice.

I‘m not sure what else to say…… it’s a horrid process to have to go through.   Sending you loads of good wishes, positive vibes and energy.  Try to focus on facts and not what ifs.  Keep talking - it helps!

Hi eeyore58, for me the initial diagnosis and first few weeks were the worst. So much so that the stress and anxiety manifested itself into physical aches and pains all over my body and I convinced myself and my family that it had spread to my bones! I couldn’t eat or sleep it was horrid. 
Fortunately the scans showed it hadn’t spread beyond the breast and one lymph node. 
As soon as my treatment started I felt better and more in control the weird aches and pains went and I could focus on getting through the chemo. 
Take one day at a time, ask friends and family for help. If you’re not able to sleep then go to your gp… sleep and rest is important. 
I also found watching some ladies who have posted their cancer journeys on YouTube very helpful. 
Dee Doherty is a good one. 

youtu.be/sOBVVeyV4tE

Xxx