Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diagnosised a week today

9 REPLIES 9
Mai7
Community Champion

Re: diagnosised a week today

Hi Leza, my lymph nodes were all removed from the armpit (auxiliary nodes) and I had radiotherapy to the chest wall, supra clavicular fossa and intra mammary nodes. It's fingers crossed time for me now as there is an unknown risk of residual disease in lymph but I'm taking loads of supplements and CBD oil, keeping a low BMI and exercise regularly. Xx

leza

lol i love your discription "sounds like a dalek", yea am not stressing much just the waiting after, so is it in your lymph nodes ? Im sure you are very worried, what did the say the can do then. xx
Mai7
Community Champion

Hi Leza, I had to have an MRI scan which involves dropping your boobs into a couple of cups and being whizzed through a machine which sounds like a dalek.  Try not to worry too much (I know, easier said than done), I'm still here after having gone through all of that and having had a very large tumour and 9/12 lymph nodes positive so let that give you a ray hope.  The diagnosis period really is a stressful time but once your treatment plan is in place it gets easier as you feel something is being done.  The idle mind rarely looks for positives so try and busy it with other thoughts if you can.  xxx

leza

Hi Gina, Am sure your glad to get your date, I had all them tests done all together which was good, but now it seems a bit of a stand still.  xo

leza

Hi Ma17,

Yes it is confirmed to me cancer, I had my biopsys done along with momo and scans, and was brought bk to be told it was bc. Now am waiting on mri 2moro but have to wait til 3rd sept for them results, am ever so glad you have came out the other side thats great and hopfully mine will be the same xoxo

Leza

leza

Hi Bre,

I rang the bc nurse twice to see if I could get seen quicker and it does nt seem to be happening, so I think that I will just have to wait, I dont want to be the one that is being the annoying person making phone calls all the time xo

Leza

BRE

Hi leza, I couldn’t even feel my 2.5cm lump before my biopsy, neither could my GP or my consultant (everyone had a good go, everyone said it was nothing, and then I had a mamo & scan and there it was). After the biopsy it was plain as day - the swelling afterwards was quite prominent and didn’t go down. Consultant off? Can you ask for another consultant or another hospital? You are entitled to a second opinion.
Mai7
Community Champion

Hi Leza,  sorry you find yourself here.  Has your lump been confirmed as cancer or are you still awaiting confirmation from the MRI?  Have you been biopsied? A cancerous lump shouldn't grow rapidly so try not to worry that it is cancerous growth.  Here's my story  http://lifeafterlola.com  Mine was a big lump and I've survived and now getting back on with life again.  Sending hugs. xxx

gina_46uk

Everything first is very slow going I was told  on the 2nd of August and I’ve only just had my CT scan and a pre-Op blood test and tomorrow I’m going for the bone scan  ,,, it most probably not  getting bigger  it’s most probably because of your  biopsy it does get a bit swollen  i’m going to have a the lumps out  on the 5th of September   

leza

diagnosised a week today

Hi,

Im new to all this, am hopefully i will get some info on here, I was diagnoised on 14th August and have a lump above the nipple was 3 cms but is now 6 cms, which I was told its maybe due to the swelling.Goin for an mri on 23rd, but wont get the results until the 3rd sept as conslutant is off next week