Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

melt downs!!

7 REPLIES 7
Gracie1703

Re: melt downs!!

Hi 

Glad you are not too bad.

My side effects were much less this time , I think I managed it better, drank loads of water, took anti sickness before nausea started and wore anti nausea wrist bands.Who knows , just get through each one as best we can.

My next is 24th , day after your second.

Good luck x 

eeyore58

Hi @Gracie1703thank you for thinking of me, im not to bad thank you, next chemo is weds 23rd feb, not looking forward to it but...  glad your 2nd chemo went well, hope mine is the same, were your side effects the same as last time? i take it they follow the same pattern xx

Gracie1703

Hi Eeyore

How are you doing my lovely ?

Have you spoken to the doctor about feelings of anxiety if you need to ?

My second chemo was much better side effect size x

eeyore58

Hi Tweenie, thank you so much for your reply, you have reassured me a bit. X

tweenie

Hi girls, 

I had a similar diagnosis idc grade 3 with one positive node,I had surgery first & I have one more chemo to go my last one should be 4th feb, you will get plenty of support from the chemo team and any side effects are managed for you, it’s manageable I have a 10 year old son who has carried on going to school I was anxious at first about picking up germs etc, I have also  had covid whilst on chemo & again managed ok and did not get any worse side effects than anyone else in my family with it. 
I can also vouch for the McMillan counselling I had 6 sessions quite early on as I too was struggling with panic and worry, I also take a low dose citalopram which I find has been helpful, in the early days my dr also prescribed me something to help me sleep too which was a massive help. 

wishing you lots of luck, it’s just a big thing to get your head around but you will & you will get there xx 

eeyore58

Hi Gracie, thank you for the reply, hope i can get through it all, good luck with your chemo!, its nice to know i'm not alone in this awful journey xx

Gracie1703

Hi eeyore

I think we all feel overwhelmed at times , I have one lymph node positive like you and due to start chemo in next couple of weeks.

If the anxiety is getting too much , maybe talk to your GP about getting some more help with this.I am on citalopram a low dose and I think this has helped.You could also ask Macmillan about some counselling, or try sharing  with friends or family how you are feeling. 

I don't think they would suggest chemo if they thought it was too risky for you and will closely monitor us.

Sending hugs x

eeyore58

melt downs!!

hi all, one min i'm ok next i'm close to panicking, this is so awful, still keep thinking im not going to survive this, so blooming scared about having to face chemo, then surgery it is just so daunting, ive had anxiety disorder for years and i cant even take antibiotics with out panicking about side effects ect.... used to get awful panic attacks years ago, they have calmed down, don't get so many now but they are starting up again, was close to having one last night but stopped it, im really trying to think positive but that little niggle is telling me im not going to survive chemo let alone this monster thats inside me, sorry im such a mess, i hope everyone is doing well xx