cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anastrozole

3 REPLIES 3
Kitkat23

Re: Anastrozole

Hi Geranium....I’m actually on letrozole...but kinda the same.   I had a recurrence after 2 years on tamoxifen...so it didn’t really do me much good 🙄.  I too was fine on tamoxifen. I will post again after my next blood test.

take good care.

Geranium

Hi Kit Kat

Thanks for replying. Sorry to hear about your cholesterol.  Mine is 5 on Tamoxifen. Quite worried what will happen when start taking Anastrozole.  Hopefully the GP will do blood tests to keep an eye on it.  Have you been ok on Anastrozole?  I have taken Tamoxifen for 6 years and so far have been fine. Reluctant to change over but apparently the chances of recurrence is lower on A.I.  

Kitkat23

Hi Geranium

sorry I can’t answer your questions but I’m worried about my cholesterol too.

my cholesterol has always been around 4 .....even when taking tamoxifen.....fast forward 2 years and I’ve been on letrozole for only 2 months and my cholesterol was 5.38 last week.  GP and Onc both said raised cholesterol can be a side effect🙄.... will have repeat blood tests at 2 months and 6 months.....if it’s lower or no higher then no treatment.....if it’s raised again then to look at taking statins.   
hope someone has some answers for you

Geranium

Anastrozole

Hi I am just starting Anastrozle after 6 years of Tamoxifen. I was wondering if its OK to take magnesium supplements and baby aspirin with Anastrozle. I was also concerned it may effect my cholesterol which is quite high already. Many thanks