Blood results/having Zometa

Hello everyone, 

I am currently having Zometa infusions every 6 months.I had Breast cancer/chemotherapy and Radiotherapy in 2017/2018.

I’ve just been for my latest infusion this afternoon and when I got to the day ward,the Nurse told me that my Oncologist wants me to have a ct scan as my last lot of bloods were slightly out.Of course,that was me panicking and worrying that something horrendous was going on,the cancer has come back,etc.

I then spoke to the Oncologist on the phone,he said he was querying my protein and calcium levels and needed the scan to make sure all was well but now I am in that vortex again of panicking and worrying and feeling like I’m holding my breath,

I am 48 and I have not had a period for 3 years,I have hot flushes,so am wondering if it could be a menopausal bone problem? Someone else mentioned that gall stones can affect bloods? Of course I am thinking the worse!!!

It helps just to talk to people on here,

Any help or reassurance would be gratefully received 

Thankyou and big hugs to you all xxxx

Hi Bolly

As someone also going through the zometa infusions (such a sweet name for what the treatment actually is!) I couldn’t ignore your post. I’m not surprised all the original fears are resurfacing and I can’t reassure you because I don’t know the details. What I do know is that oncologists are ultra-cautious (I’ve been referred to neurology and rheumatology, as well as a second MRI in 6 months!) and he did actually say “to make sure all is well.” Try to focus on that. To use the old cliché, better to be safe than sorry. I regarded my second MRI as an additional health check that gave me extra confidence that all is well.

I hope it does go well for you and you manage to find some perspective and relax in the waiting time x