Did you mean: 

Breast infection

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Breast infection

Please consult the doctor.

Highlighted

Thanks Aneeebel. I’m hopeful the antibiotics will work. I’ll leave it until Monday and call my GP, who is ace, ref contacting the hospital.

Highlighted

Thanks for trying to put my mind at rest Michele, but mine is 2 years after treatment hence my worry! 

Highlighted

Hello Soobee. I had two infections going through treatment. One after surgery from the drain tube and the second, just like you, two weeks after radiotherapy. My breast was very pink and hot to touch and I was prescribed antibiotics to clear it up. Try to "air" your breast as much as possible as this should help. Like someone else suggested I would try ringing the nurses this morning. The infection cleared up pretty quickly after taking antibiotics. Regards. Michele

Highlighted
Community Champion

SooBee.... 

How frustrating that you haven't had a call back from your BCN! 

I've just had a quick look on the Ask a Nurse section...it says the helpline is open on a Saturday until 1 o'clock but if you post a question over the w/end they'll respond on a Monday!

Why don't you give them a ring...it may put your mind at rest! 

Hope everything goes well for you x

💗

Highlighted

Thanks Shi. Do the nurses on here respond at the weekend?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Soobee, sorry you’ve not had response from your bc nurse, please try the ask the nurse facility on here, they might be able to help too ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

I left two messages on their answer service but no response yet so it’s going to be a very long weekend!

Thanks Aneeebel. Comforting that someone is listening 

Highlighted
Community Champion

SooBee... 

No wonder you're worried! 

Why don't you ring your Breast Care Nurse for advice! 

She might suggest you go and see her! 

💗💗

Highlighted

Breast infection

I finished my Radiotherapy just over 2 years ago following WLE and SNB. I’m taking Anastrozole. Yesterday I woke up to find my breast is bright red and the skin sore in one area. I saw my GP today and he’s put me on 7 days of antibiotics for an infection. I’m really worried about it! Is it back?? Has anyone else had this problem so long after surgery and rads? Thanks