cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Looking forward to joining you all in a few days time, 3 more rads to go! x

Ha ha Mishy18, great post! Loved the Kylie at 50 programme. Really hit a note for me when she said she was open about it, I always take the time to explain to people what’s happened (if they are interested) as it could mean thto difference between getting something odd checked out sooner rather than later. 

To Alibobs and Jobey, I  hope you have/had fantastic birthdays 💃🥂🎉💐

Lots of typos haha in that post 😶

Oops meant birds not burds 😂🐦

Hey ladies a beautiful day yesterday wasn't it spent in the Garden listening to the burds in the morning and loving all my plants starting to come to life again, bit like me in many respects a slow start but really starting to feel alive atm 💖 loving life the summer helos loads
Songs for the Jukebox this week has to be a kylie compilation mash up of all her greatest hits to celebrate her 50th birthday she is a great supporter of BCCare and has dedicated a tweet to all her fans wishing her well that they could donate to tge charity she mentioned her own bc journey and how she had met a 10 year milestone, and how BCCare supports so many women going through it, we know only to well how fantastic this forum is and kong may it continue 💖
Community Champion

Otter

I would definitely have a word with your manager, I am assuming you are on a phased return to work at least, you are covered by the Equality Act 2010 and they have to make reasonable measures to look after your health and wellbeing.

Helena xxx

Thanks for your reply otter65. Sorry you are having a tough time at work. Are you having regular reviews with your manager? They really must make adjustments and allowances for you when you have been through something like we have! Must admit I am dreading it! Have pre warned my hubby if i cannot settle when i return I may even reduce my working days down to 2 a week until I retire!!! Wish I could win the lottery!!🤞🤞 hope things improve for you Otter65 xx❤❤
Highlighted

Hi Alibobs

I would agree stay off work as long as you can I've been back morning only for 3 weeks and I wish I hadn't as just getting so tired and stressed out with all the changes that have happened but also that they are already expecting me to be back to full strength and already drowning in work but don't really know what to do as going back off seems to be defective😞😞😞😱😱

Hello ladies....sorry I’ve not been on here for ages...been a busy time moving out of the pub and then had a short break in Majorca and then back home to sort the very small house with too many people in it ! But finally I think we are sorted...just need my summer house to be finished so I can get Unicorn Nails up and running...electrics are in just need it to be insulated and boarded out!!

Sending you all big sparkly love 😘😘✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, 😂🤣😂🤣😂your granddaughter has good taste, that was brilliant 😁😁😁😁❤️❤️❤️❤️ Can’t believe she’s 8 months already, Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs sorry that’s great news for you that all 👍👍👍and yearly mammos. Spiderwoman, blooming heck you had quite a year with all that. Have a beautiful birthday on Wednesday and jobey happy birthday for Thursday too. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Akibobs 👍 lovely weekend so far this is one for the jukebox courtesy of my 8 month old Grandaughter who absolutely goes for it when she hears it on Cbebbies.... stick stick sticky stick its so funny everytime she hears it she literally goes crazy baby dancing https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fIY80HLB2vOGibu/giphy.gif
Community Champion

Alibobs I will raise a glass with you! 🍾🍷It's my birthday on Thursday and we are off to Majorca on Saturday to celebrate in our favourite way.... horizontal on a sunbed! ☀️😎😂

Very much appreciate everyday since diagnosis and yes life is too short to work although I do as I need to pay for these holidays! 😉 Have a great time Xx Jo 

Thank you Helena and Kaz for your lovely messages. I am looking forward to relaxing abroad with the hubby and friends and will consider if I should also get another sick note towards the end of June. At the moment I can't think of anything worse than being chained to my desk at work again!! Maybe if the good weather up I may feel differently. Just too busy walking, gardening and at the gym!! Wish I could get paid for those😂😂. Wishing you both and everyone else a happy and healthy bank hol. Its my birthday on Wednesday so I may have to raise a glass of bubbly and give thanks for being Here!!!❤❤❤❤
Community Champion

Alibobs

Good to hear that all went well with your review, and absolutely YES to not returning to work until your sick note is up, you have been through so much, you have your lovely holiday and birthday to look forward to, a dose of relaxing in the sun will do you the world of good, then you can think about your return at the end of June.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Hi Ali, 

Glad the appointment with your surgeon went well. I have been back at work for two weeks now doing short shifts and I am absolutely shattered so don't rush back! Got two more weeks to do then I am off to Mexico for two weeks.

Kaz xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy bank holiday ladies 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Bit on n-trance - set you free on the old jukebox for the weekend, get those gold hotpants on girls and twirl and ✨✨✨✨💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Yes it is a relief. Can't quite believe the year as have had as you say and I can't believe how quickly it's going too!! 7 months since I was dxd. It's my birthday at the end of the month and we are going to Rhodes for a week the day after. Last October I seriously thought I wouldn't see anymore birthdays! I feel so thankful for everything and everyone around me and for this wonderful site!!

Glad all is ok for you too, it’s such a relief to hear that all’s well when you go for these appointments x

Don’t blame you, I would stay off in the lovely sunshine ☀️. Onc said they would test my bloods for indicators to check that cancer hadn’t returned - I’m guessing they are just being cautious, I had surgery to remove pre cancerous lumps in March 2017 and then found cancerous lump in Dec 2017 - last year was quite the year!  Like you, I’m also on yearly mammograms. Your husband is right, it is really painful....and itches like mad! 

Also sorry to hear you had shingles!! My hubby once had them he said they hurt like hell!! 😢

Hi spiderwoman back home sunning myself in my garden!! Surgeon said all ok. Will have yearly mammo for 10 years, keep taking tablets and keep active!! Why are you having a blood test. Sorry if I missed something but that was not mentioned to me today. He said up to me if I want to go back to work but my sicknote doesn't run out till back end of June. So that's a NO from me!!l Lol!! 😉

Hi Ali, our appointments must be in sync! Had appointment with Onc today - all good, back there in Sept and will be given a blood test to check for signs of re-occrance, I can imaging the run up to that will be stressful. Appointment with surgeon next month. Did see him at the beginning of May after lymph nodes went up and I went into panic mode (it was shingles! - relieved but very painful 😣) - I feel for you on the being tired still, I find some days I get up shattered. Hope your appointment goes well

Hi all hope you are all keeping well. Got my review with my surgeon tomorrow! Presume this is where be will check his handiwork? Had my op last November and not been to work since. Guessing he may kick.me up the backside and tell me it's time to get back to it!! But I'm.so tired!! 😴😴

Thanks Shi, Mishy have a fab day- mm fish and chips! Yum - we also have the wedding on record so that we can be out enjoying the sunshine in the garden ☀️

Off to the beach going to record Harry and Megans big day what a lovely day tgey have for it but im not wasting this sunshine going to enjoy the beach!!! Shi they do still sell them you can get giant ones for the garden too!!!
Im looking forward to stuffing my face with fish and chips mmm going to do it old school today doing the bus and metro so should be fun!! Its bad driving where we are going and can be a nightmare to park on a day like this!!
I hope you all have something lovely to do today do not waste this lovely sun☉
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Spiderwoman, dos cervaza por favour 😁😁😁have a great time 😘😘😘mishy, that sounds lovely enjoy paddling and splashing and ice cream on the beach and sandcastle with the blowy windmills, do the still sell them for your sandcastles? 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Ooh have a lovely holiday Spider can't wait for ine!! Lovely weekend weather ahead going to seaside with daughter and Grandaughter some gardening and watching Royal wedding 👍

Hey ladies, it’s nearly weekend and the weather looks like it’s going to be lovely again 😎 One more week at work and then I’m off to Palma for a few days, can’t wait - first holiday since treatment. Must say on the insurance front, Allclear were pretty good - £10.49 for a week! Just the cost of a couple cocktails 🤭🍹🍹Have a great weekend - we plan to do some gardening

Wow ladies in the club it's a hot one today!!! Had a home visit from the bxxxxy managers at work again!! Nothing more to update them with as yet to see my surgeon for review. Anyway since they have gone me and hubby chilling in our little garden oasis!! Man it's hot!!!!Hope you are all enjoying the sun too and hope you are all well 💗💗

I also love Eurovision! I know it's cheesy but it is also quite funny and I love the commentary that goes with it too 😊

I love Eurovision too, watched all the acts but didn’t manage to stay up for the voting. Do think we we robbed being 3rd from last, I really liked our song this year 💃💃💃🎉

I love Eurovision too Shi! Especially if the songs are bad! Smiley Happy Where did you post the Eurovision picture Helena mentioned?! My ED is watching it with old uni friends-think she's got to have a drink everytime there was strobe lighting, a key change and fireworks-think she's probably under the table by now! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁😘😘😘glad it made you 🤣😂🤣😂🤣good luck with your bowls matches this week ladybowler ❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi

Just seen your Eurovision pic, it really made me giggle, thank you xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Gosh ladybowler you have a lot of matches coming up, you’ll be brilliant 👍👍👍ecause you are the best ❤️❤️❤️ Yep tinsel wig on 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Shi at my 🤪🤪🤪🤪best 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi

No not playing this weekend however have a county pairs comp on Monday evening and a league match on Tuesday evening.  It will start getting busy for me in a couple of weeks times as we have club, district and county comps as well as leagues.  It depends on how well I do in each of the comps as to how busy it will be for me.  Hopefully I will have a better season this year than last.

It is quite nice here today, a little overcast but warmer than it has been for a few days.

Have a wonderful time this evening, can just imagine you dancing around the lounge to the music Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ladybowler 😘😘I know people think eurovision is cheesy but I can’t help but love it. Have you got a bowls match this weekend? I hope you get nice weather for it if you do lovely lady ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi

Have to say not my cup of tea.

Have a super weekend xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Buck’s Fizz making your mind up on jukebox today ladies it’s eurovision 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪hope everyone has a fantastic weekend ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Great funny Eurovision on channel 5 😁😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Glad we’ve a pool side tv in club Tropicana, glad everyone’s had 👍👍👍👍weekends isn’t this 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞blooming lovely 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hiya ladies, big weekend for me, have two nieces one 28 months and one 10 months. Need about 6 pairs of hands and 10 pairs of eyes when they are around. Neice number 2’s christening today so  busy fun packed weekend, took them both to the farm yesterday and returned them home asleep in Pjs so that my brother and wife could clean house and them not trash it on arrival 😂 ( my house looks like we have been broken into 🤣🤣) Great service and garden party this pm - so far so good. Loving the good weather, hope you are all having a great weekend 

So I'm back from Hartlepool. We had a brilliant time. Great to see my youngest. Anyone in that area please pop in the owton lodge and say hi to Adam!!he's my Son and the manager. He took us down the marina last night which is so lively with all the bars and restaurants!! We loved it!! Hate saying goodbye to him but we'll be back to see him soon I'm sure. I'm now on my sunbed in the garden, hubby is snoring his head off!! Too many vodkas last night I think!!😂😂 hope you are all enjoying the sunshine. Helena well done on the bowls match! I like to think my Mum gave you a bit of power to your elbow as you delivered a token bowl for her! Thank you 😘💗💗

Love a bit of Bob Marley music!! Reminds me of the wonderful holidays we have had in Jamaica. One of my most favourite destinations. Yeah Mon!!!💗💗
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Bit of bob Marley one love on the jukebox in this glorious sunny club Tropicana 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

You sound like you're having fun on here! Looking forward to joining you all in a few weeks time! Smiley Happy xx

Hi you typical weather gets better as I'm due to go back to work Tuesday😱

I plan to do some gardening if not too hot

Hope you all have a great weekend 

😎😎😎👒👒👒🌞🌞🌞🍦🍦🍦

Morning ladies! What a lovely day it is here today and hopefully it's going to stay that way for the weekend 😊

We can sunbathe in our rollnecks by the pool 😂🤣😂🤣 I hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned. I think I might be spending it sorting out our garden 😕
Community Champion

Alibobs

Thank you for your lovely wishes, I really really appreciate them. I have settled my mind now to do what I preach, deal with what I know and, what I dont know I cant do anything about at the moment.

I am bowling tomorrow in a mixed match, so I will deliver a wood in your mum's memory xxx  I love it when I bowl as nothing else matters when you are on that green for those few hours.  Mind you I was thinking last night I would rather have spent the time in my garden, oh how my thinking has changed since I found the love for my garden, bowls now comes second to it.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend, the weather certainly looks as if it is going to play ball for us.

I am just waiting for the grass to dry so I can mow my lawns, the rest of the day is going to be spent on the patio might even get our lunch out there

Sending everyone hugs and wishing you all well.

Helena xx