63349members
333314posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Hi all, made it to club Tropicana after a long road which started in August. Surgery βœ… chemo βœ… radiotherapy βœ… all done and time to relax on my sun lounger with a nice cocktail I think. Few stabbing pains for me as well but nothing major so fingers crossed I can start to heal now. On a lighter note I got stuck between the coffee table and couch today and my husband tried to help me up by grabbing me under my sore arm and across my boob. He had no idea why I started screaming. Don’t think he will be helping me again! xx

Hi all, it's my first time on here too but have been reading messages since my diagnosis in November.I  have been too nervous to comment until now thinking my comments may be "trivial". I had my last bapzapper two weeks ago and like previous comments have been ok  but a bit of tanning ( applying lotion regularly though) The last week or so I too have been experiencing stabbing pains and was a tad concerned but am relieved to learn other's have the same.Also a little tender if I happen to knock myself. 

I am also attending a Moving Forward Course in a couple of months. i would be interested in hearing from other's who have attended one if possible.

I've made the first step so hopefully will be back on here.

Hey Meesh, got you a prime spot on the sun loungers waiting for you post rads πŸ–πŸŒ΄, looking forward to seeing you on the other side of that bell πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ₯‚πŸŽˆ

Welcome Alibobs, glad youve joined us, well done you on the walking!  I have only been out of the big bap zapper house (loving the name πŸ‘) for 7 days now and it feels great. We are back in control and have the reins to life again, it’s worth singing out loud with our headphones🎧 on, find myself dancing around the house this week - such a good feeling πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Hi hope it's ok for me to join you all here. 9 days since I left the big bapzapper house!!! Skin not bad at all just a little tanned but awful lot of stabbing pains going on inside!! Popping ibuprofen! Walking a log and living it!! Might even join a walking club for company as my hubby has a bad leg and can't join me. I am doing about 4 miles a day now around my local area. Pull in my walking boots and put my Bluetooth ear phones in and listen to my music. Takes me away from everything!!! Have to refrain from singing along sometimes as get funny looks from other people!!πŸ˜‚

Spiderwoman, I've found you! In theory I'm an interloper as I still have one more Rads session to go on Monday! Just thought I'd come and check out the β˜€οΈ 🌊 and 🌴 at Club Tropicana! Can't wait to be πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»my way here on Monday!

Thanks how do I do that?

Hi Spiderwomen

Thank you for starting this thread,  I would suggest that you post a link on the thread where you have been posting previously so that people can see this and join in.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Helloa, Welcome to Club Tropicana, no passport required! πŸŒ΄πŸ–πŸŒ΄Old friends and new friends welcome.

Ive just finished 20 bouts with RT and thought it would be nice to start a thread for that post treatment time where we can have a giggle, level back out after our crazy journeys, compare recovery notes and give/receive support.......