327606posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling buddies from May - moving on

Community Champion

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi everyone. Did any of you watch the Queen's birthday celebrations? It was such a long programme I gave up last night and still had a lot to watch tonight. I thought it was lovely , very old fashioed and traditional, all in the best taste. Carole one of my trees is an oak and it seems to be doing well. Quite bushy and about 3 foot high, maybe a bit more. There have been oaks there before but stupid neighbours in that house gradually chopped every lovely tree down to save work picking up leaves. Not sure why you would bother to have big garden and then turn it into an allotment. then he died unexpectedly and a new person has chopped even more down Smiley Sad  Never mind a tree revolution is going on in my side!! I did think that it must be good soil for oaks as the other was about 40 foot high and lovely, well it was. I think our snake was an adder too but I hadn't realised they would go in the water. Also wild mink were seen by the gardener but I am not sure I would recognise them, probably think 'rat' and run!  Have a really lovely trip over and catch up with your big and little people. So she has just finished her first year at secondary school then? Little chap goes in September so he has just taken sats and can now enjoy his last year. His school do a lot with them and have a mini prom type of event when they all go out on a bus in the evening and have a bit of fun. I laughed at your memory of her birth!! Most of us are terrified of a c section! Yes I think it will be daunting as you don't see your mum so often. i see mine at least 4 times a week and speak every day too so I have bad days but know that I can put a happier slant on it, next time I go in, as she swings between moods. Don't build yourself up too much and just enjoy seeing her in person even if 'mum' is not how she was. Take some foods she particularly likes, that's usually a good opener and flowers or something. Good luck xx 

Community Champion

Hi all

Lily your tree planting sounds wonderful, doing your bit for the next generation is cool.   We had to cut down lots of oak trees to build our house but thankfully, from little acorns big trees grow, although I won't be around to see it!   Don't like the sound of snakes, we get adders here but i've only ever seen 1.

I've been busy spring cleaning today before my week away, but as YD will be here off and on I'm sure it won't be this tidy when I get back Smiley Frustrated

I'm so looking forward to seeing the big children, and the little ones too - little miss will be 12 years old on Wednesday, guess who's been nominated to make the cake Smiley LOL where did those years go? As I was the first person to see her at the birth it is always a reminder to me of what ED went through. I'm quite relieved that my 3 were born by caeserean.

I'm planning a day trip to Mum, not sure I'm looking forward to this, she is such a different Mum these days it is quite upsetting, do you sometimes find this Lily?

Anyway, over and out from me, take care everyone xxxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone,

well my forest is starting to take shape with another 2 trees planted. I am sure it will not be popular with the neighbours but I want to do my bit for the next generation so I've planted 16 trees now I think. None are very tall so it will be some time before the little wood starts to emerge. It will suit the wild flowers to be under trees. The bluebells have died off mostly and I had to look up the name of the blue flowers that have taken over - speedwell. I recognised them but didn't know the name. Also periwinkle has gone everywhere. I made the mistake of attacking the goosegrass with a cardigan on and spent  just as long trying to get it off me as I did pulling it up. The lawn looks like it need mowing just days after it is done, everything is growing like crazy. We had to cut down swathes of weeds to even get across the stream to the far end of the garden so will be busy there for some time. I hate going down there when its so overgrown as we have a lot of wildlife hiding away and in particular snakes worry me but I think it was too cool for them today. We have only seen one but it was in the water yuk. The woodpeckers have left holes in the trees but don't seem to stay with us, not sure why.  Victor and I watched Eurovision, no idea why as it annoys him a lot. I thought the winning one was terrible, no idea what anyone saw in it and hope to not hear it again! Well that's my weekend, not exactly exciting!

Nicky glad the heart part went to plan so you continue with everything. I think you would have an idea if things had changed so I am expecting to hear thta things are holding well on that regime and long may that last Smiley Happy Its a double edged sword as you would worry if you didn't have a scan but going through it and waiting for results is crap! Then you get a sense of relief when it goes well. Too much weight on the emotions waiting for it all. Do you have to drink the gunk? I never did even once, no idea how people don't spit it right back out. Will you get called in to help decorating Ed's place? I hope you can enjoy the next week a bit more. x  Carole I have lost track so not sure if you are with us yet but have a lovely time. Lisa hoping to hear you hung on to your marbles through the presentation and can now get on with your job rather than that stuff. Are you feeling more confident about the new role yet? Hugs Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry for long absence. I have been reading and catching up but not having the time in the morning to log in and then reply. A poor excuse I know but after a couple of sleepless nights I have ended up sleeping in longer in the mornings which then puts me out of my normal routine which is to read and reply on here.

Anyway, I have enjoyed the last two weeks with no appointments, hooray, so I've been able to get on and do things around the garden, when the weather has been good. A very busy week the one before last as I had loads of routine appointments but they all came in the one week. Heart appointment went well and all is good in that department, now have the dreaded CT coming up in the next couple of weeks and results a week or so after that.

I'll try and remember what everyone has said! Lisa, good for you getting through the course and hope that you have benefitted from it. It sounds like it's been a real toughie so it's quite strange that it's run for people who don't request to go on it! Anything nice planned once it's all done?

Carole, sounds like a nice trip to Lyon it's meant to be a lovely city.  A change of scenery always helps and it would have been nice to spend time away from home. Hope your trip to the UK for family goes very well and you come away having had a good time without any guilty feelings about Mum's care which I think you felt last time. (Sorry if I've remembered wrong)

Lily, not long now until the next break, I'm sure it will be a welcome one after a long half term. Do you have any plans or are you going away in the summer instead? How are all the babies? Not so much babies any more with some of them!

ED is now recovered from jet lag from honeymoon and they are both getting down to doing some work on their house which they had planned but have been too busy to do. Nothing big but a revamp of bathroom and then decorating etc. It needs to be done as the previous owner had tenants in who didn't look after it as well as they should so now's the time to get it all done.

TTFN

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone, how are you all. Carole you are having a lot of nice trips at the moment. Have an especially lovely family catch up time when you come over. Hope mum behaves!! Yes our weather is exactly like that too. I have to check the weather on the day every morning to work out what to wear to work. I had one day in sandals and then the rain came. Blame me!! Will Mr P visit them all with you?

Nicky has it been nice to catch up with Ed after her honeymoon? Nice to be able to see both of them easily. What kind of week have you had? Any news on your appointments. Hope all is on track xx

Lisa well i think the course sounded like it was enough on its own to give someone mental health problems from what you have said. It didn't sound like anything that would help anyone with their employment, more of a life cross examination. Were you made to go on it? Well I hope your presentation went well and if it made you happy then it was worth the dark bits I guess. I would have sent you to cake and cocktail city myself, for 2 weeks Smiley Happy. Well better buzz off. Little chap is doing the sats tests that eveeryone is moaning about, he has an iphone now and texts me every day with an update on them. being male the texts are very short and hard work as he likes you to reply for quite a while before he gets fed up of texting!!! It usually starts with hello and that's it. Nighty night Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, I hope this finds everyone well, as it's been a bit quiet on here.

Lisa I bet you'll be pleased when the course finishes and you might get a bit more free time? What do you have planned for the weekend?

Nicky how did all your appointments go?

Lily hope all is well with you and not too long now for half term, do you have plans?

Not much news from this side of the water, weather nice yesterday but awful today heavy rain, got very wet walking Heidi.

Hope it improves, but I'm off to UK next week for a children and Mum visit so looking forward to that.

Take care, love Carole x

Community Champion

Soz all been missing in action yet again. Working all weekend and every night just having my tea now which is bad. PresentTion planning tomorrow night for my final session on course, leadership life and learning. It's defo pushed my buttons but hopefully in a good way. Bit shook up, bloke who had to leave course as missed a bit and a bit of a challenge the coure type bloke has been admitted to hospital with mental health problems. Really feel for him and whilst it ain't down to the course, it will have contributed, all that soul searching for someone who had very little self awareness.

so. Carole sounds lie you've had a nice time, very jell sue.

whats everyone else up too? Weather is lovely today, hope it last s to the weekend as a few things planned.... 

Xxxx

Community Champion

Evening girls, will catch up in the week as only on tablet now.

Great few days in Lyon, huge city, but back to reality now where it is cold, damp and grey, yet got sunburnt on Saturday in Lyon.

Hope you all had a good weekend, love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Well done Lisa, what is your presentation about?  What brilliant weather this weekend so food all piled up ready for a bbq. It will be our first of the year so a lot of cleaning to do first! Have a lovely weekend Lily xx

Community Champion

Hiay, I'm alive..... Will catch up tomorrow. Assignments complete before deadline and busy weekend. Presentation next. Phew roll on.... Cach up buddies tomorrow x

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Nicky I am very envious as there are few things I enjoy more than weddings, its like spending the day in a big bubble of something special. Was it just you and OH or a family wedding? Sounds like a dreadful medical week but its done now so have a bit of fun for the next fortnight. You deserve it. I see ED is home now so its nice to be able to spend some time with her and catch up with her after work. Forget the blasted CT until it gets closer. Keep your eyes on another lovely break away again instead.No reason to worry as things are going well and I think you would know if this ever changed. i believe most secondaries tell the dr before the dr tells them. Where are you off to this time? We have a holiday planned in Italy but probably blew the chance of more trips when we changed the car. Possibly a short trip in the UK, not sure yet. Victor cannot be away for long at one time at the moment. Yes it was lovely to have a long weekend and I didn't really go out and do much but I managed to finish dozens of things that needed sorting out and got completely up to date for work. So feeling a bit pleased with myself that there are no deadlines hanging over me so I can relax more at work. We had a family birthday so a lot of cooking and I always let the birthday person choose what I cook so they are usually overwhelmed by every pudding they love all appearing on the same meal lol. Especially after eating their favourite main course first. The littles love it and all manage to have 3 puddings while everyone is in a celebratory mood. Victor tells me he has 2 more trees to dig holes for and has dared me to buy any more as they all need a bit of care and water in their first year. I did bend the rule a little and come back with a maple and a magnolia but they are very small at the moment so surely don't count as trees? Well the forecast says it will be 20C here later in the week. They better be right after promising me that!!! Enjoy your weel love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Just a quick post whilst I'm having a quieter time!

A busy weekend with a wedding on Saturday and friends staying over from that until Sunday afternoon. Just catching my breath now.

All appointments went well last week although I had to visit a hospital in one way or another (blood test, oncology appt, treatment, heart clinic!) on every single day, hmmmm. Anyway it now gives me 2 weeks off although the dreaded CT will be done soon so that will add an extra visit for me.

Enough about me!

Hope your weekends have been good and the extra day off a bonus for the workers. Looks at long last that the weather might improve - about time too although expecting a downpour early afternoon here.

What a great holiday you've planned Carole. I've never been to Oman but have heard it's a very pretty country as opposed to some of the countries in that area. Anyone else got anything planned yet? We have a short break in early June, which will hopefully take my mind of the CT results as I should get them when I get back if it's all planned right. Then we will have to see.

Anyway must dash, have a good week and will catch up as I'm hoping that the pace will slow down. Especially as I'm not on 'cat duty' every morning (and evening) which really scuppered my normal days activities whilst ED was on honeymoon.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone. I haven't looked to see how your weather is Lisa, so sorry if its not hot but I couldn't even keep my coat on today. Its not supposed to last that long but lovely while it does. We went and did some shopping, mainly birthday pressies but also picked up a few other things and then had a coffee in a nice garden centre we like. We always say, yes we must do this in ours after going there. Its quite small but its set up in various smaller areas with lovely water features like big Roman pots with water bubbling out the top and bigger areas like a modern twist on a pond using faded woods and pots, very tranquil looking. They have a way of making the tiniest thing look a million dollars, someone very creative must work ther. they also make the most amazing cakes so there's the real reason for going! Victor has banned me from buying any more trees as he says we are heading for a forest at the end of the garden now after my many purchases. he says I have bought 14 trees this year already!! My little bit for the next generation.

The main thing with wiild flower areas Carole is to have it contained as they spread really quickly. Our 2 bunches of bluebells from my mum's old garden is now a lawn of bluebells that you have to walk on. I love the way it looks at that time of year though and they like what's left of our big trees to grow under. I keep trying to grow lots of poppies but they don't like the shady area and keep disappearing. I am less bothered by losing my comfort blanket than i thought I would be. I think giving up femara was far more worrying but as soon as the respective benefits and risks changed for me, it made sense. I am disappointed to find no change in weight since stopping them but that's probably because my acid and reflux has gone so i can eat more and later at night. My foot problems especially tightness from the heel going down the foot has just eased over time as the podiatrist said it would, so doesn't link to the tablets. I still have the plum sized lump under my instep but it seems to be doing nothing so I am ignoring it. No I don't have any extra vit D as my tablets already contain it. They told me my dexa showed my hip is completely healed now but my back is thin so I am taking the wretched things! Yes I remember clearly when you were at a little hospital and then the dx changed and you had so much more done. Lucky it was reviewed and found as IBC is not something to ignore. Although I think we talked a lot about dogs on that thread, all having our own pets. How are your pets now? Glad to hear your eyes were ok and no worries there. It sound slike it will be a lovely trip, lucky you.   Nicky and Lisa hope you are enjoying your long weekends. lisa have you done your hw yet??  Love Lily xx

Community Champion

Morning Buddies

Blimey, I've missed a few days and so many posts Smiley Very Happy

Nicky hope all your appointments are going well and when you visited London did you manage some retail therapy too Smiley Mad

Lily I love the wild flower look, Mr P not so keen because he prefers a lawn, but I'm sure we could fit one in somewhere.  Congratulations you have been signed off, how do you feel now that "comfort blanket" has gone?   Calcium up or down!   Not sure about this, do you get a dose of mega Vit D every 3 months?   That's what I have and still don't take the calcium tablets, but I must ask my doctor for a dexa scan, I think they do them yearly here if you have osteopenia (s).  As for the mammogram, in my case the first cancer was very invasive but because IBC was not picked up on mammo, hence the misdiagnosis for 9 weeks.  However the second cancer was on the mammo and was only like a pin head.   As I've had 2 mastectomies now I don't need any future mammograms.   However, armpits feel extremely lumpy but I presume this is because of surgery.

Lisa has the rash gone down?   I get odd rashes all the time, from what I do not know.   Have you been bitten?   Our weather was awful, but for 2 days has been bright and sunny although not as warm as it should be - I made a memory on FB for six years ago when our temperature was 26 degree in April.

We've had quite a busy week, first my eye angiogram on Monday and I'm still suffering in the sun from the eyedrops I had to use, have to wear sunglasses all the time when going outside.   The good news is that my retinas are good, despite being a diabetic for 47 years.

On Tuesday our black cat Alfie went into the vet for his arthritic hip op.   Yesterday when we picked him up he was very sorry for himself but today, although walking a bit awkwardly he seems much better.   So hopefully we've done the right thing to get him out of pain.   Now his brother, one of the ginger cats has developed a lump on his chest.   It appears painless as he lets us touch it and doesn't seem bothered about it, but we all know what lumps can be Smiley Sad  I'll keep an eye on it for a few days to see if goes away.

Our big news is that we've booked a holiday for next January, to celebrate my birthday and our 25th anniversary.   I'm so excited as it's back to the place where we met in Oman.   Flights via Dubai, then internal flights once in Oman.   I took insurance with a company called Staysure.  We are staying with friends some of the time but will look into booking a plush hotel for the time of our anniversary.

Next week we're off to Lyon for 3 days so YD can check out the Uni, accommodation, transport etc. so it's a fact finding trip really.

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy the bank holiday day off, Love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Nicky hope the week is running smoothly and not too much hanging around waiting for your name to be called or travelling to appointments. Carole how are you, been a bit quiet. Lisa get on with your hw please!! You have no idea how many times I have said that to my kids lol. Well I got discharged today. Sort of mixed feelings as you can imagine but it has to happen some time. The consultant was very encouraging and gave me good stats but relying on a mammmo every 3 years arghhh. Might have to go private but will see how my nerves hold out. Stupid bcn said well you would examine yourself and notice the lump. Wake up, nice fairy story but I arrived with an invasive lump that wasn't huge but not tiny either. So what happened then?I know so many people that presented differently. Oh well she was trying to help but if I was unlucky in the future I want it weeny not 3 years old!!! There is a discrepancy in my blood results with my calcium level being too high in one count and not in the next. This times with me not taking any tablets before the correct one. I was advised to still take them but now have to have regular checks. is this making sense? I have only just been told this because the computers crashed at my last visit so no results, promised them by post but nothing. Anyone know much about the calcium issue. He said chemo can affect the parathyroid gland and unbalance calcium levels. I better do some reading about this. Well better get off to bed. One good thing my travel insurance extra premiums went down a bit as I get charged extra for the 2 conditions. Take care love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, I'm around just bonkers busy,mIm working at home all night this week and have two assignments to complete by Sunday and haven't atarted either which considering how usually organised I am its not good lol😳 have a massive rash on neck too which is so sore, it's either stress rash or ilergic reaction, looks awful but hey ho no biggie it will go in a few days.  Had a lovely weeknd with cocktails and meal and partying till 2am on Saturday so o.5lb loss was a bargain.

nothing much planned here apart from a meal at friends and assignment writing.

Nicky good luck with all the appointments. Sounds like you have had a nice weekend too xx

Lily, I love that kids questioning, Sophie and taylor to that too. Happy long weeknd.

carole, how's things with you and what's your weather like? Strange here, I'm putting on sunglasses to drive to work but parka on as freezing.....

better buzz of of bed should be calling soon x

Community Champion

Hi ladies, how are you? Its disappointing the weather has gone downhill again. We have been spoilt and I was rather surprise whn I had to defrost the windows this morning. Then we had flashes of snow/hail in the rain and then back to sun. Strange weather. Nicky the bluebells are lovely aren't they? I have turned the bottom of our garden into a wild flower and traditional tree sort of area and it is fence to fence bluebells. i have a lot of white ones too but I have to keep them separate to maintain the colour. I would keep your jumpers out for a while as it seems to be changeable still. Hope everything runs smoothly for all yopur visits so you don't waste too much time hanging around. Hope the heart one shows good function too. No I don't see any juniors either so my appointment is on. There must be juniors in our area of medicine, wonder where they are!! Nowhere to be seen at the moment of course. I hate it when we get called out on strike, feel bad for the kids and parents but mostly we can choose whetehr to strike or not without causing a problem.  Not much news from me. looking forward to the first May bank holiday coming up this weekend. is anyone doing anything exciting? I'm not! Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Hope you all had a good weekend. We had friends round for dinner on Friday and that needed up a very late night once OH and I had cleared up. So, a very quiet day on Saturday! Out for a long walk in some bluebell woods on Sunday whilst the sun was shining, but still very cold, brrrr. A nice easy weekend and still trying to work out if I get my summer/y clothes out as the weather keeps changing. We're still on cat sitting/feeding duty so that ties us down a little bit and, yes Carole, they are the moggies we had that now live with my ED so it is nice to see them and make a fuss of them.

A full on week of appointments for me, or trips to hospitals for blood tests and onc appts as well as a routine heart echo in London. Lily, I do see the head honcho, no junior doctors for me 😉 However that is due to the unit I am treated in being a research unit so all my data and treatment is used in the study therefore I normally see the 'lead' consultant or another consultant. Occasionally a junior doctor will sit in on the consultation just to learn, however that won't be happening this week as they are all deciding to have a day off, or so I've heard! When this happens the consultants have to cover the junior doctors jobs so they have to work extra hard but my appointment as it stands is still going ahead. So two blood tests, yes, how does the NHS not share data? Then my six weekly oncology appointment followed by treatment this Friday. No rest for the wicked.

Have a good week.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi , what's everyone up to this weekend? There's lovely sun here but we also had hail, which was rather a surprise. The blue sky is giving us a cold evening. Little chap is actually bigger than me now! Anyway he likes to come over here and was around for most of the day. We watch films and he asks me a million questions which I don't know the answer to. He seems to think I know what's going on , even if I haven't seen the film before. Drives me crazy and no matter how many times I say, look I haven't seen this before, he keeps asking  - why did he do that? What's going to happen next? How does it end!!! He will be doing these latest SATS that everyone is moaning about, so he has lots of hw. He is not keen on revising so i am bribing him with pocket money for every practice paper he does at home. Nicky do you have appointments next week when the strike is on? I have one on the strike day but they have already rung to confirm mine will still go ahead. I wouldn't imagine you see a junior dr but some of the clinics will be extra busy I guess and possibly cancel some people. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone Lily xx

Community Champion

Lol sound like he won't be retiring soon then 😜 oh sounds like you've your hands full with your mums xxx
Community Champion

Hi everyone. Carole we really should have our mums together. They would be a force to be reckoned with lol. Mine is not eating either and then every 5 minutes saying some people think i look much thinner. I don't think I do but they say it. i refuse to have an 85 year annorexiac so I am ignoring this and just saying you won't be able to walk and come out in the car with me if you don't eat. Attention seeking so much. I can understand why but I am struggling to find the energy to keep calm when she cries she feels sick and can't get out  and then eats just one slice of bread and butter and biscuits all day, despite carers 3 times daily to get meals. I didn't see her earlier in the week as I have a sore throat that just won't go but didn't want to pass it on because of her asthma. She said I was really hoping to see you, never mind. I thought that's nice that she wanted to see me. Turned out it was all about putting the rubbish out so the paid carers didn't have to!!!!!!! Changing the subject, Carole I went to a local supermarket and they were selling trees for £2 so i now have a lot more for someone else to dig holes for. I can't decide whetehr you are better of on tam than femara or not, from your symptoms!  Lisa good luck with the new fitness campaign, a good start. Ours is not a brand new car so don't get the smell you love. Like Nicky, we saved a chunk by not being new. Its a Jag the FX. I've told him its his last expensive car because he still drives hundreds of miles regularly and needs the comfort and safety.Comes right up to N Yorks sometimes. After that its a retirement car to save on petrol lol. A joke between us at the moment as he can retire years ahead of me and I've said he has to do all the washing and have my dinner on the table ready if he does!! Thinking about it, that would be worse for me. His cooking is terrible!  Nicky how is your week going? Hope all ok with appointments love Lilyxx

Community Champion

Hi all, thanks for the comments. I haven't been on much as this time of year is manic at work and I'm working most nights but hey I'm going to curves and Zumba curves so it's good fun!!   Lost 5lb week one but still enjoyed myself so feels okay. 

Lily ly you make me hungry with your cooking antics.mcRole, what does that mean what your husband got? Nicky, what type of car is it? Nothing nicer than the smell of a new car 😘

well ill better go as just got home from evening meeting, catch up better tomorrow xxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone how are you? Some lovely sunny days here but chilly when the sun goes in, so the heating is still powered up high. Yes Nicky the volume of work is huge but a labour of love and they all help so we are through quite quickly as long as I remember to have an empty dishwasher at the right time. Sometimes the kitchen is the quiet spot as the littles all let off steam after having to sit up at the table. They are doing really well and none of them expect to get up and dash around. Think Nanna's giant special puddings might be helping out with their table manners. Worth waiting for Smiley Happy .  Congratulations on the new car, what colour is this one? I think it gives you a real boost, buying some things, cars being one of them.Is it another Fiat? Funnily enough we have re-newed Victor's car and collect it at the weekend all being well and if they have sorted everything out by then. He was mortified that I was bargaining as he won't even try but it was reduced and some other deals on servicing free and a tank of petrol. I had a vested interest as its coming out of my savings!! Anyway have great fun driving your new wheels.  Is it the heart checks this week? I go back to my consultant next week and i think he wants to gischarge me but he said he would never make me stop if I wanted to stay. I will see how it goes on the day. Well better buzz off. love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

Lily, your planting sounds good with those trees.   Like you we've got a few small forsythia, a lilac (love the fragrance) and some red robin, all for the back of our front border, just for some hedging and to keep out prying eyes from the gay men 😄.   Since stopping femara 2 weeks ago and switching back to tamoxifen I've noticed I can now eat bread again and don't have such a dry mouth, swallowing is better, my cough is much better (still around a bit) so I think it's a positive thing to change.   My legs and knees hurt at night and I seem to be constantly trying to find a cold spot in the bed, oh happy days 😃. I'm still not taking calcium, but I do have a mega high dose of vit D every three months, so hope that will help.  I am due a dexa scan too. Your soup kitchen cooking sounds mega😊.   So pleased to hear your Mum is ok atm.   My Mum has been really down this past week and hasn't been eating much, so complaining of feeling nauseas all the time.   Well what does she expect if she doesn't eat.

Nicky I am very jealous of your new car, well done you it must be lovely and what a good deal you got, what is it like to drive?  Has the weather been warm enough for the top to be off?  It must be nice for you to be mixing with the kitties again, assuming these are the ones you had? Your patio furniture sounds great, hope you do have a nice summer to enjoy sitting outside.

Lisa, such a good thing has come out of your courses, way aye for the new confident Lisa. How is your mams vertigo now? How is the decorating coming along?

We've just had 2 very warm days, although I think it might change, but the downside is that if I'm out in the garden I'm bitten alive and end up with red rashes all over my body. Last week I was bringing in the washing and got stung on my finger as a wasp had decided to make a nest in a sock, ouch! It's not mosquitoes yet I don't think, and still too cold at night.  I managed to build the website which I mentioned.   YD is closer to home (for the weekends) as she is doing her work experience for the next 8 weeks and then after final exams in June, hopefully if she passes, which I'm sure she will, then she will have her degree and will be off to do the Masters degree in Lyon.   We will see, I can't believe how quickly those 3 years have gone and what a clever daughter we have created 😆.

Mr P has scoliosis of the spine which there isn't much they can do about, thankfully his blood pressure is much better now he's on tablets and his sciatica is improving.

As for my balding patches, I do have some lotion, but, the downside of using it is worse I think, it makes the hair sticky and greasy looking, and you have to wear a hat in the sun, but it also burns the scalp for 10 mins or so once applied.   So for now, I'll cope with the alopecia which I think is the better option for the moment.

Take care and love to all, Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Well, I agree with Lily, welcome to the new positive Lisa. It's so good to hear that the courses you were dreading, and struggling with at the time, are giving such positive results and changing the way you approach things. Good for you 😊

Lily, my goodness, your food bills must be enormous! As to all the cooking and clearing up afterwards I couldn't be done with it, well, not all the time, very so often maybe. However I know you love it having the family with you so I'm sure the joys outweigh the washing up.

Carole, how are you doing? Hoping you're keeping busy and that Mr P is back soon as I think he was home over Easter? Growing season is upon us so you need to keep us up to date on what you're doing as I no longer have the space to grow any veg. However I'm planning on some tomato plants once the weather improves, it's so cold here at the moment, even in the sun, very deceptive. Almost sorted out my summer clothes last week but have given that up for now as I'm still having to wear boots and long sleeves.

Well, I have got myself a new car. Very pleased 😊I'd been thinking about it for a few months and knew I wanted a newer version of the one I already had. But, as a slightly updated model had been released I had to either buy a new one (too much money to spend on a car for me) or wait until an ex demo one became available. And, hooray, when OH and I went to the garage at the weekend to look they had exactly the model I wanted as an ex demo one. Saved me about a third off the RRP and only 6 months old. Result. They also took my old car as part exchange so that took the pressure off selling it. Now al I need is the sun to come out so I can have the roof off. Other than that just sorting out more bits and pieces for the house. Got some lovely garden sofa and chairs for our courtyard which we put together at the weekend and also back and forth looking after EDs kitties whilst they are on honeymoon.

Have a good week ladies.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Well hello the new Lisa. Sounding confident and happy, well done. Why don't you write down how you feel at the moment and why you do. Then you can look back at it and power yourself back up if you ever need to. Every time mum has had a councellor they have encouraged her to keep a diary. I have decided to be sensible and take my calcium tablet each day, aothough ym dexa said I had regained bone mass over the time I hadn't even been taking it, so rather puzzled by that. Are they prescribing too large amounts for people? I went months without taking any and mine improved. Been a mega Sunday dinner tonight with almost everyone here. I had to have volunteers to sit and watch tv eating their dinner as we couldn't all fit in with the babies taking so much room up. They like it really as long as they have the footy on. There were so many here I had to cook 2 gammon joints, a huge lasagne and sausages to fill up on. There was very little left so maybe I need to buy more next time. Well have a good week. I am really busy at work and with mum but she is jolly so I am thankful for that/ Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, been a manic week. Went to see Chris Ramsey last night, ha he defo had lots to play with using the place where it was hosted T it middle of nowhere.

well that awful course is starting to make a huge difference in my life which isn't something I thought would happen. At the last one the facilitator said I looked better than I had throughout all the course. It's given me more confidence and I've stopped worrying about all sorts as can't change things and need to focus on all positives. Get me.

weather wierd, fine here in fact been really sunny but know 30mins away snowing.

well I've joined fat class again but doing it in a better way this time, using all my syns, having a wine or chocolate if i want and counting it so I will last longer but probably loose slower. Also curves so exercising too.

whats everyone been up to this weekend?? Xx

Community Champion

Hi,

how was the weather your way? We had terrific rain storms that seemed to be following me as I drove home. I could barely see a thing, would then clear it and then go straight back into it again. So lots of puddles everywhere now.Annoying as the lawn won't get cut now for another week. On the weather tonight I saw snow forecast up ypur way Lisa but hopefully you are not high enough to catch it. Amazing weather this year as I have been so warm, I had to take my coat off to drive home each day and my heating at work has not come on at all as its too warm already. Then snow tomorrow!! Not down this far though. The house is really quiet with son and oh away. They just left me the fish for company! I am shocked how little there is to go in the dishwasher and how fast I get meals sorted, so a few little advantages. A quiet weekend for me, mainly working. What is everyone up to? Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around yet again been in my course and mega busy but I'll have a good catch up tomorrow night x hope everyone is okay xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies, yes it was a bit quiet so nice to hear from you. Nicky a small garden will be a lot less work and it sounds like you still have room for the things you want to do, without too much effort. Fab to have a free spell, do you have any plans? I bought a big old terracotta chimney pot recenty in an antique centre as I had admired them for some time. Just got to work out a good spot in the garden and a suitable plant. I have a new azalea to plant so that's one option although it looks like it would suit something a bit more exotic looking. We have also planted about 10 new young trees right at the bottom of our long garden after losing the whole screening in the storms over the last 2 years. They are all quite small so it will be some years before I see them bloom. So far 3 oaks, a hornbeam, a conifer, a hawthorn, 2 spruce type ones, 2 tiny chriistmas trees and another we are not sure of yet as it just appeared. We also have giant eucalyptus tree further up the garden which is my favourite. Then alot of others, too many to remember, its a forest lol.

Carole yes I like raised beds too but you know who would never get round to it. I am still waiting for the greenhouse to be set up and that's been 15 years! Yes the holiday home was amazing, probably well beyond a million pounds and quite enchanting to live in, if only for a week. You could never be a clean freak though as it  was 500 years old and crumbly and full of ants. Lucky we were there before ant season! I have had no change since coming off femara at all. So I will have to take ownership of the extra pounds myself sadly. Sorry to hear about your latest medical appointment, disappointing to lose hair. Can they stabilise it? Keep us posted on the tablet change. Tamoxifen made me have a big tummy and put on weight but I was told it was unusual to be better on femara, so hope it works for you. Sounds like you have green fingers in the plant department wish i was near enough to come and get some!!  Lisa how are you now? Well back to work for me booo but so busy the time flew by. Soon get back into the routine I guess. Love Lily xx

Community Champion

Morning buddies, yes I was also thinking we had all been a bit quiet, but like Nicky hope we all had busy times?   Nicky would it be possible to put some small raised beds perhaps in your sunny courtyard?   It's possible to make them look very stylish and seem to be all the trend.

Lily your holiday house sounded like a lot of fun, plenty of places and cubby holes to play hide n seek?   How are you now after stopping Femara?

I went to see my Oncologist last week as well as the dermatologist.   I was very sad to learn that the dermatologist says I have partial alopecia Man Frustrated   My hair has always been very fine and after chemo it grew back exactly the same.   However I had noticed a few balding patches, which I always endeavour to style my hair to cover them up.   He's suggested a treatment to encourage hair regrowth but, the problem with it is that it is making my hair sticky and flat greasy looking so I have the urge to wash it twice a day.   I looked up the product which says hair must be completely dry when using and remain dry for at least 4 hours, so it looks like I'll be washing my hair in the afternoons.   

To the Onc I explained all the side effects I've been having whilst on Femara, which had gradually built up over the 6 months I was on it.  Things like the coughing, the very dry mouth all the time, no saliva making somethings very difficult to eat and swallow, palpitations,    So I am now back on a generic tamoxifen with a review in 6 months.

Our weather is still strange.   Yesterday was very windy but lovely and sunny, the day before dismal and grey, today we've already had heavy rain but now there are some blue skies.

We have saved ourself over 200 euros with geranium cuttings, our greenhouse is full of them but we are so pleased that they seem to be doing very well.   We've also got lots of marigold seeds sprouting.   Veg wise we have some tomato seeds, strawberry plants, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry but these are all in pots so hoping they do well as I love summer fruits.   We are also doing well in one of our boxes with plants of romanesc cauliflower and green beans.   All we need now is lots of sun to get them going Smiley Very Happy   I'm also going to have a box of herbs.

I am helping new neighbours who have the campsite trying to build a website.   I've never done this before so it's new for me.   I can only do the English bit as my written French is not good.

Anyway, hope you are all good and take care love Carole x

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Well, we've been a bit quiet haven't we, sorry I've not been on, I just had a few mornings last week when I had to get on with things so didn't log on at all and then, as you know, I never seem to get around to posting later in the day. Oh well, no other reasons but I did enjoy the brighter days we had and got out for lots of walks which was nice. Not likely today with it currently pouring down, at least the grass feed I put down yesterday will have a chance to work! We now have a very small garden so no chance of any veg beds unfortunately but we do have a small courtyard out of the side of the house which is a little sun trap so I'm hoping to pot up some tomatoes etc and actually get them to ripen! Where we were before our garden was so exposed I always ended up with lots of green tomatoes that never went red so here's hoping. That and a nice herb garden will do me - just waiting for the herb planter I've ordered to arrive then I'll be in business.

Hoping you all had a good and busy time over Easter and sorry that the Hols are over now Lily and that Mr P is now back at work Carole. Lisa, how are you doing? Hoping Mam is feeling better with her ear/balance problem and it's getting sorted.

So, I now have a couple of weeks off from hospital treatments as I had my infusions on Friday so I shall make the most of the time away from there especially as I have a full on week for my next round of treament as I also have a heart appointment scheduled the same week. Just routine as they are keeping a close eye on me but it will be up in London. Oh well, I'd better just to a bit of shopping to make it a more pleasant day 😊

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi buddies, hope this finds you all ok and coughs improving by the day. Nicky it will be nice to be able to get the garden looking more how you want. Will you plant veg still at this house? You seemed to really enjoy it before. How many rooms have you got sorted now? I always find things slide after an initial burst of energy when you first move. After that each little job seemed to go at a snail's pace for us. What's your week like for appointments? Hope you can enjoy the brighter days.  Carole, well its getting used to Mr P away again. Does it get any easier? Mine has been away too  but its never for too long so I can enjoy doing and eating what suits just me. Glad your cough has improved and hope Mr P's checks turn out ok. I dream of the day I can make bread, sounds heavenly and wish I could find time. I haven't baked bread since school days. Lisa I can hardly believe they are sending you on another course and hope its not another soul destroyer. Beats me why a cgarity would spend so much money on these things? Anyway hope this one is enjoyable. Poor mum. I had a spell of balance problems due to my inner ear and had to lay down with my eyes shut most of the time and even then i felt I was constantly turning anti clockwise. The dr gave me some tablets but can't remember what but they worked well. He tested me in the surgery by making me close my eyes and out my arms out and I immediately fell backwards. I think it went quite quickly. It must have been about a rpyal celebration time as the kids had to hold my arms as the waving flags made me lose balance. Is she improving yet? Hope she wakes to find a lovely new kitchen as a reward Smiley Happy   How did the chat with the bc girl go?  I had  a lovely holiday overall but felt unwell for the first few days and couldn't enjoy the cakes and treats (yes that ill lol) . We did so much, visiting castles and lots of animal parks, forest walks etc. The house was absoluely amazing, 16 century with beams for Victor to bump his head on everywhere, huge fireplaces and all the original features preserved. Little ones had fun trying to open the latch doors and I wasn't sure which of the 2 spiral stairs was trickiest so we had stair gates galore to avoid accidents. Although a bit boggy the kids made the most of the 2 acres of garden and wore themselves out. evenings were hilarious as there was no such thing as sound proofing and the littles could hear everything from the living rooms so we were constantly moving around the house to avoid the light sleepers. We were spoiled with 3 living rooms so not too hard to get them all off and collapse in a heap for the evening. It was exactly the kind of house we would have bought if we had a few extra 000 on our bank account. All us townies except Victor who is not scared of anything, were spooked by the lack of street lights and trying to take a black dog out in a field full of bunnies and pheasants at night and find it again. I just go into hysterical screaming for the dog to return after about 30 seconds, making the wildlife even wilder!!  I did the washing mountain in one day so catching up on visits and chores this week. Take care all love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hello girls

Believe it or not, this is the first chance really to sit down and look at posts, it's been pretty hectic here since Mr P arrived home.   He's just left to return to work so no doubt I will be catching up on bits and pieces.

Nicky how wonderful to go to Venice, I loved Venice when we visited, YD was only 5 months old and in a buggy, how she laughed when all the pigeons kept flying around her - we did have a video of the experience but of course, lost in the fire.  It sounds like you had a super birthday and a busy Easter, I can't believe how it came and went so quickly.   At least I wasn't by myself for a change.   How are you getting on with the gardening, and what plants are you putting in?

Lisa I feel upset for your Mum, vertigo can be nasty is she taking domperidone tablets? How is your cough now?   I must say that mine has improved enormously since starting the anti histamines, although still there a bit but much better.   I empathise with you for having to talk to someone about having a mastectomy, it will no doubt bring back some painful memories.  Good luck with it I'm sure you will be the perfect person to talk to.   

Lily hope you have enjoyed your time away with all the peace and quiet (not) lol.

Mr P's blood pressure is much much better since starting the tablets.   However he has to have a kidney scan next week it is to check there is no kidney disease as apparently that can raise blood pressure but doesn't have any symptoms.   As for his back he had an xray, then a CT scan which shows something like a herniated disc, along with arthritis.   He had to stop taking the diclofenac as they didn't agree with him and we are now waiting for an appointment to see a Rhumatologist to find out what treatment they recommend.

I'm pleased to say that my first cataract will be operated on in August.  I do hope my vision will improve as it is so fuzzy at the moment.   I have to have an eye angiogram in a couple of weeks purely to check there is no other damage.   In the UK I know they do cataract ops under local but here it's done under GA.

Our weather has been very up and down, some days quite warm and sunny, other days wet and dismal. Hopefully spring will arrive soon.   The mice seem to have vacated the propertySmiley Wink   Personally I think it is because the winter is over and they don't seek a warm place to nest.   Hope they won't be back in October Man Sad

I am seeing my Onc on Thursday, just routine so I'm not worried about it.

That's my catch up, I'm in the middle of making bread so better go and give it a punch lol.

Take care all, love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi all, hope everyone is okay. I have my cooker back in action and off on training later in week so won't be around. Getting used to my empty house now but have been at parents a lot as their kitchen has been ripped out, the joys.

my poor mum is majorly suffering with vertigo, can you believe they knew her ear was hurting but didn't do anything sith IT as was wax in it. Went to our oncall drop in centre yesterday and they gave her antibiotics too to cleR up possible infection. She can't sleep for the dizziness pins and needles and nausea must be awful but she's ate my cooking tonight and more than ate in a week so fingers crossed .

hows everyone doing, I've been asked to meet someone tomorrow who's having a mastectomy on the Thursday for a chat, positive head will be on and need to have that hat on when talking to myself too as well eh.

well better go to bed xxxx night all. hope Lily is having a nice break. Damn iPad typing 😩

Community Champion

happy garden sopping Nicky sounds fun. I'm okay, poor mum suffering from bad vertigo and kitchen totally ripped out so been hectic lol, it's making me think about what to do in mine lol!!!

hope everyone's had a nice weekend, I'm off to bed but will catch up tomoz xxxx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

Lisa, how are you doing? Thinking of you and hoping that you are not feeling too lonely without your Robbie - but I'm sure it will take a long time to adjust. Sending big hugs to you and remember to sound off to us as and when you need to. Sorry to hear Easter was a bit of a let down as well. Weather has been pretty horrible here except for Good Friday when the sun shone. Picking up now with some brighter days which is nice.

Carole, how are you? Was Mr P and YD back over Easter? Hope you weren't on your own. At least we're moving into spring now which is a better time of the year with longer days.

Lily, hope the time away is good with the family. The weather must be better than when you went so you should be able to get out and about.

We had a manically busy Easter so I'm glad it's all over! It also marked the end of all the busy weekends we've had almost since moving house last year so OH and I are heaving a big sigh of relief and can now finish off the few bits in the house we need to do and I can get started on organising the garden, which is luckily quite small and already planted with some nice shrubs. I just want to tweak it a bit and put a few things in so I've been off to garden centres this week looking at a few planters etc so I can grow some plants against a wall we have. So far enjoying a quieter week which is nice.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Sorry I've missed a few days, been hectic here one way or another, hope to catch up with you all soon.

Take care, love Carole xx

Community Champion

Total opposite her, brother and wife went out and I wasn't invited lol, dad busy painting kitchen, mam Ill and I've no cooker so wasn't great day lol. 

Oh oh any trip away sounds nice lily have fun xx

hope everyone else had nice easter xx

Community Champion

Hope you have all been enjoying the Easter weekend. It was so busy here today with a housefull and more. I love it when they all comne in together and all the littles in one afternoon - heavenly. Well I'll be away for a while but most likely still posting as in the UK. House sitter ready and cases packed . love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone,

Yes I am jealous too. I have been to Venice but only for a day while staying in Italy. What an amazing place but absolutely baking when i was there. It is on my list to go back. I could just watch the world go by there, fascinating place. It was the shoes I kept looking at too. So nice to have a fortnight off work. I've been buying Easter eggs galore. They are quite tricky to carry in large numbers without squashing them, so bought 3 at a time. I had to get 20!! Hope I managed to organise everyone's favourites. I managed to get mum out today. The first time she has been strong enough for months. She was so pleased that she managed it and we went shopping but with her in a wheelchair. She wa so excited, she bought eberything and I couldn't see her over the enormous pile on her lap lol. It was lovely and very encouraging after some dismal depressing weeks.

Enjoy the long weekend love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, wow Nicky, I'm sooooo jeleous.... I love Venice, whiz,to sights are nice And I love sitting by the grand canal, I love walking down all the winding streets and where people live it's lovely and hope weather treated you nice. 

Hope pe everyone has a lovely weekend. I'm having a wine whilst I wait for my Easter egg to chill in the fridge.  Then I'm having a night in with girly video with friends and painting mam and dads kitchen , poor mam has vertigo so she's feeling crap. Oh and my oven broke lol, happy easter 😁😛

Community Champion

Hi buddies

So, so sorry to hear about Robbie but it sounds like it was the right time for him to go to the great big rabbit field in the sky and chase around to his hearts content. Hugs are for you Lisa as it will be very quiet for you and, as you say, a last link to Graham. I don't have any words of wisdom to add although Lily's idea of an older rescue dog may be worth exploring if you feel you want to. Puppies will be like babies and probably a bit too much looking after when you go gadding around like you do. 

I will add a trip report over the weekend when I hope to have more time, and not to distract from Lisa's sad news - but we had a few days in Venice and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Onto planning all the meals for Easter now. YD back early as she's suffering with this stupid sore throat and cold that is still doing the rounds, at least she can be looked after here.

Have a good Easter weekend buddies, love and hugs to you all.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Lol I know Lily, howver I'm 99% positive the letters and appointments are signed as him as a staff nurse grade lol...

not it sure about the four legged friend, I don't think I could treat another in the same way but will see what happens. Must admit I'm still up working after a late night meeting and can't settle .

hope everyone is ready for easter xxx

Community Champion

Hi Lisa, well I am very glad you arevbeing looked after properly. What are you like, you've been telling us he was a nurse for years. i really hope you haven't said it to him ha ha. It sounds like you could do with a 4 legged friend to keep you company and come home to. You could consider rescuing an older dog that wouldn't mind being alone for longer, as a pup would be tricky. These days, most people down here use doggy day care or pay someone to walk their dog and let it out each day. So other options if you can afford it. Why not ask your parents too, as they might actually like going to your house and miss it themselves? Lily xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well Lily don't get too mad, the staff nurse bit is a load of crap as I've googled him as I really trust him and he's an associate specialist for breast cancer a surgeon and works for oncology too..... Been doctors today too and seen locus /on call re my eye, which isn't infected but says he thinks it's just an irritant and may just go, so I asked him about my ough, eh checked my throat and chest which is all clear, I explained it to him and asked if it could be acid, he said it could be so doubling up in my pills and will see, weirdly ain't coughed apart from sitting in doctors so could be nervous reflux lol. 

Im still very sad, cried quite a bit and still thinking I wished I was in front of him when injected rather than at side so I was last thing he seen but he'll have heard and felt me x I know he had great life but even 10mins before they came he wanted to go for a walk, house is so empty it's also my last link to graham too. I'm not sure about another, I don't know how I could get as attached to another but then know what your saying lily and house feels cold and empty, I'm not relaxing as sitting looking at where he sat makes me sad. Not far in parents having to come and walk another either.

Carole, all my family on bp pills so can defo run in families. Hope it gets stabilised soon. Hope you get sorted with your niggles too. I think reckon changes too my mam's friend been for tests on a lump and its new scar tissue and she's 42 years post cancer xxx half of mine is my weight lol x

Lily, bet your in countdown now, you got much planned for your easter break. I'm defo ready for a break but work bonkers until end June. So mission house clear up whilst I don't want to sit down and parents getting new kitchen fitted so we're busy bees xxxx

thanks for all your support xxxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Nicky hope you had a lovely birthday treat. Lisa its so sad. It sounded awful having to leave him and the end didn't go well either. Horrible. Do you think you will have another pet? I can't be in a house without a dog so even though its odd to start with, I keep my nice memories and welcome in a new friend. How do you feel about it? Too soon or do you need a waggy tail to come home to? I can't speak about the hospital, its far too annoying and if you are happy then I will just go along with your views because that is what counts. Carole, sorry to hear about Mr P but fortunate they can do so much these days. Its not just stress remember alcohol, cigarettes and diet have to be considered, if he has the first 2. I have a crazy reaction to diclofenac, evil stuff for me so not ever allowed it again. Most people have it quite happily and helpfully. I hope he improves. Could I suggest that the mice could be causing the allergy if it times with their extra activity and probably babies now. Or new plants/crops nearby? I finish work this week then a nice long break including some time away with the family. Really looking forward to it, then all systems go to try to get all my students a top GCSE grade, well as high as I can get them to. So difficult in the workforce today without decent results. Hugs Lisa xxx

Community Champion

Oh our poor buddy, Lisa I really feel for you and it sounded very upsetting, but, you were with him until the end and hopefully the sedation kept him from any suffering.   It will take time to adjust to a house without him, but console yourself with the fact you gave him a wonderful life for 18 years. Big hugs. It sounds like your appointment reassured you but it doesn't sound like they did much.

Nicky sorry I missed your birthday, but belated good wishes and hope you enjoyed your wee trip away, tell us all about it when you can.

Lily are you on holiday now?   Expect you're looking forward to your family break, time for you to de stress a bit (or is it more stressful lol).   Are you noticing any difference since you stopped Femara?

Mr P had a scare last week.   I had made him an appt at the dr for his backache, however she took his blood pressure which was way too high (he has had a bit of a problem with this recently), so within 2 hours he was at the cardiologist having a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted.   We went back the following day for the results which showed he needed to go on blood pressure pills (he never stresses so it must be a genetic thing as heart disease in his family).   After 5 days of being on the tablets his BP is now too low, so an adjustment has been made.   Phew what a worry.   As for his back he is on diclofenac and has to have an xray this week.

My cough:  I saw my GP yesterday and explained about how it is, sometimes no cough, sometimes a cough that really catches my breath, always a runny nose and sneezing too so she thinks it might be an allergy, maybe to dust mites (yuk how the goodness do you get rid of them).   So I am now on anti histamines for a month to see if the cough improves, also I am having a chest xray this week.   Like Lisa I too feel something is not right with my left reconstruction, it's not lumpy but feels hard and uncomfortable - I will raise this with the Onc in April when I see him.

So apart from our ailments (what's new with me) all ok here and it looks like a sunny day!

Take care, especially Lisa xxx

Community Champion

Hi all, I'm around just a wee bit fragile. Poor robson but needed done, my house and living room feels so empty and I held it together but boy was it tough. He's veins burst 3 times so was half sedated and half asleep bless him, they ended up injecting him in his kidney and she was unconscious but his heart wouldn't give up the wee fighter, ended up injecting him in his heart too 😭😭😭 thanks for all your support. I was a mess at hospital this morning as dog had fell over and wouldn't move, I came back and he was up wanting a walk lol.

didnt get into too much at hospital so if needs be ill go back to doctors. However, I do trust my nurse doctor or whatever he is, I'm sure he acts as the consultant for local hospital as he's the only one who can order scans etc. He didn't say much about cough, and bulge well I said I had no pain when had odd niggle, howver he looked and had a good feel about and couldn't. See any cause for concern, so i need to try and deestress for all concerned and just live my life eh xxxx  nothing much else to say tonight, just ta for your support xxx

Community Champion

Hi Lisa, thinking of you buddy. Must have been so sad to say bye to him but that's what best mummies do for their pets. I feel sick thinking of you having to watch. Good to cry.

On another emotional matter, how did the hospital go?  Hugs buddy love Lily xxxxx