327458posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling buddies from May - moving on

Community Champion

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi just a quick post as its gone quiet on here. Hope everyone is ok. Still coughing well over here. Any tips how to stop yourself coughing? Take care love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi, well you certainly keep busy Nicky. Surely it was my turn for a holiday lol. Cough is  hanging around but hopefully gone soon and as long as I don't have the horrific head and neck pain, I am happy.

I went on the hen dos. I think it adds to it when the older ladies of the family go along too, otherwise its more like an ordinary friend night out. Have you got a costume to wear or a particular colour? I think the tutu was my worst one but I wore it over leggings and a long top so it probably looked like a belt ha ha. It will be such fun and it sounds like you will be having an overnight stay too. Fab. Hi to everyone love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all

A busy weekend for us as we went away for a few days, staying at a cottage in Dorset with my SIL and BIL who had been renting for the week, with their dog. So lots of blustery walks which luckily managed to avoid the torrential rain. Some fabulous places to eat at though including a beach cafe that has chandeliers hanging from the tented outside area! Quite busy, especially considering the time of year and the weather. So an invigorating few days, but tiring at the same time. Oh, and no signal other than very slow wifi in the cottage, hence the lack of communication for a few days on here.

Sorry to hear about everyone's woes. Lily, I hope the cough doesn't hang on too much but it seems most people with a cold these days has a cough that annoys them for some time afterwards.

Carole, how horrible to have no power for so long and being on your own wouldn't have been nice at all. No wonder you broke your resolution! What else was there to do after all? When we had a power cut last year we couldn't do anything as candles really don't give enough light to even read by let alone do anything else.

Lisa, hope all is well with you.

Anyway a busy week with my treatment coming up and then the hen weekend! ED has insisted I go along with them all but I think I will have an earlier night than they will. I'm not on my own though my SIL is coming as well and I know a lot of the girls so it should be fun and not planned to be an over the top time, after all they are all in their late 20's or early 30's and no nasty surprises planned for ED.

Have a good week and hope the weather improves for us all.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Oh Carole that's a long time without power, did you lose fod or was it ok? I would be spooked with candles for so long. Will you get a refund for the inconvenience? I always ask these days as its often accepted. Thank you, I am much better, just a last few crackles in the lungs and a silly cough. I don't know why coughs manage to just hang on an extra week from every other symptom. Drives me mad. Anyway I am very pleased to be over it. Well I haven't actually made new year's resolutions this time. Carole has already broken hers!!! Oh dear. But you could do the rest of the month as it would still be a healthy option, even with one sin!!! I am thinking hard about reducing my food cosumption but haven't really decided how I will go about it. I still can't eat some things so its a natural help to a diet with no will power needed from me at all! The best kind. Enjoy your weel Love Lily x

Community Champion

Well ladies, a very quiet weekend for me home alone.   Weather awful, but at least I've had power so can't complain.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Xx

Community Champion

Lily that virus sounds horrible, so don't send it across the waters where it will make its way to meSmiley Wink   Not a good start to the year for you and hope you are well on the way to recovery now.   Sometimes these things take much longer to get over.   Sounds sensible getting a nearly new dining room set with all those littluns, you can pick up some real bargains these days.   What was wrong with your old one apart from all the craters lol?

Nicky expect you've been busy hanging curtains and blinds, hope all the lurgy things are keeping well away from you.   Not too long now until the wedding and you become a MIL.

Lisa what have you been upto?

On Thursday I woke up at 08.30 to a power cut.   By 14.30 I was getting a bit concerned about the freezers, so I phoned EDF to find out how long the power would be off, they told me it would be restored at 15.30.    At 16.45 I phoned them again as still no electric and they said it would be fixed by 19.00.   Again this time passed and they told my neighbour 22.00.   Consequently they were lying toe rags and I spent a very lonely, horrid night with candles on, no TV, no internet and worse still it drove me to the wine!   I decided I would have a "dry" January and was doing so well until the stress of this.   Yesterday morning at 10.30 electricity was finally restored by means of a generator.   It must be a very big problem for them to put a generator on so soon - well 26 hours -.

I'm hoping the English weather will calm down during the next week as Mr P is supposed to be arriving home on Sunday night, in time for my birthday on 18th.   A few of us have birthdays coming up don't we? It will also be our 24th wedding anniversary on the 24th Jan.

Wet, grey and windy here, very depressing!   

Apart from that all is well, just my usual SAD time.   Hope you are all ok?

Love Carole

Community Champion

Hi all I'm around just haven't had time to catch up, good catch up and read tomorrow xx hugs all xxx off to bed

Community Champion

Hi everyone hope you are all ok. Lisa are you feeling any better? I have been quite dreadful with nausea, a blinding headache, neck pain and generally weak and faint. I actually slept for over 24 hours that's how bad it was and you know I cannot sleep! So very glad to have lost the pain but been struggling to eat hence being so weedy. I have a house full of yummy things I cannot face, the irony of it all. Well the chocolate mountain can wait. I couldn't go back to work on Monday which always makes me feel guilty after a long holiday. The strange thing was that the virus gave me a bright red face, like the steroid sun tan we used to have. The visitor arrived to a family event and it came quite clear to me that the littlun was very poorly and texted my kids to warn them. Anyway they took her home and all my family were saved except me and mum who were there Smiley Sad   Anyway enough moaning about that. I was late taking my decorations down for the first time ever and my fridge was full of out of date food I had to throw away by the time I wanted to eat. Good for the new diet I suppose. Nicky how lovely to have all the new things going in. What sort of colours have you chosen? Are you going for leather or fabric sofas? What a great start to the year, you deserve it. We are changing our dining room furniture too. I confess I am not forking our for a brand new set while my lovely darlings bang the tables with their mini forks and make dents everywhere. Literally dozens and dozens by where each one sits. So upgrading to a good as new for a snip of the original price and then hopefully Victor won't have hysterics when the forks start banging for more jelly ha ha. We had also worn the chairs out so this will be a much smarter room now. I put my old one free on a site and instant requests so hopefully someone else can hammer it for a bit longer. First time I tried these sites, have you?  Carole hope the grey weather has blown afar. Probably coming our way. Love to all Lily xxxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone

Lily, I hope the lurgy disappears soon and you feel a lot better, I expect you have to keep away from the littlies if you have a nasty bug? Typical its when you go back to work but at least it wasn't during Christmas when that is your own time!

Carole, yes, grim and dark here today as well. We've been blessed with a couple of sunny days which have been lovely to get out for a walk on but I'll be heading out in the damp today. The house is now also looking rather dull as I have taken down all the decorations, it looked really pretty with the lights and tree up so, for once, I'm missing it whereas I normally can't wait to get rid of them all! However the exciting news is we eventually get some curtains and Roman blinds tomorrow so some colour will come back into our lives! After that it should be the new sofas, which again are brighter than the ones we currently have so it will start to look the way we want it to look. After all that we'll need to get some rugs as the floors are all wooden. Will be trying to fit all this in around finalising the wedding plans!

Lisa, how are you doing? Back at work I assume and I hope all this horrible weather that you have been having has not caused too much distress to anyone you know but I expect has devastated many who live in the region.

Well, off for my dull, get walk in a mo, at least it gets me out in the fresh air which is a good start to the day.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi all, hope you've all settled back nicely into normal routine after the festivities and apart from Lily hoping you're managing to avoid all the bugs and viruses.

Lily sorry to hear that you are poorly, it must be difficult to take time off to recover too with your job and no doubt you will plough on getting progressively worse with it before it improves.   How rude of someone to visit you and then let you know they'd been ill Man Sad

Weather wise it has been extremely depressing, wet, windy and grey.   Not very inspiring to get out for a walk although with Heidi it is a must even if just for 20 minutes.

My fingers are still so sore:  on Saturday I had to buy some cotton gloves and some special cream for fingers. It hasn't improved much.  The pharmacist looked up the side effects of all my drugs, and surprise surprise, Femara can cause dry skin!   So today I've emailed to my oncologist to see what he suggests, maybe a change of brand or even maybe returning to tamoxifen as I didn't have this problem with that. The tips of my fingers just feel so strange and with the skin peeling off they don't look too good either.

Apart from that all is well, just home alone at the moment and a bit down what with the weather too.

Take care girls, love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Nicky glad you have settled on an outfit you feel is right for the big day. How do the appointments work out as you approach W day? Hopefully they will fit or you can move them easily so you can enjoy the hen do etc. I will leave it here as I have caught a fluish bug from a visitor who arrived telling me they were ill!!! And now I am Smiley Sad . No chance of sleeping with this cough so might camp on the sofa. Take care Lily xx

Community Champion

A Belated Happy New Year buddies 🎉🎉

A quiet day for us yesterday as we had been out the night before and although not getting back too late I found I couldn't get to sleep straight away so ended up being more tired than I'd hoped for. Never mind, we didn't have any plans other than getting out for a long-ish walk to get some fresh air, luckily managed than before the rain came. Glad everyone else had a good time even if some were busy in the kitchen like Lisa.

Another day seeing the girls later when YD gets back from Bordeaux where she spent the New Year at a friend's parents house, then she's back to her second home tomorrow ready for work on Monday like many people.

Weve now got less than 50 days to the wedding, which ED is counting down on the chalkboard I got her that says the number of days until she says 'I do', the ultimate advent type calendar! Yes, I have my outfit but it's changed from the one I originally had bought, which I have managed to return and get a refund on so it wasn't a wasted purchase. Although I liked the first one it wasn't special enough so when I saw another one in a boutique just before Christmas and it fitted perfectly I knew I'd found the right one! Only problem is the price, ouch. However it's wearable after as its not your typical Mother of the Bride outfit so I will definitely be getting some wear out of it afterwards. All multicoloured in a very subtle way but a predominantly black base colour. Therefore easy to accessorise, just need to get a bag of some sort which I will be checking the sales for.

Will keep you all updated as we get closer as its been too hectic since this all started to even think about the wedding what with moving house etc.

Anyway thinking of you all this nice new year and hope it is good to us all.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi buddies and Happy new year wishes from me too. You know exactly what I hope for each one of you xx

Carole glad you got back safely in time to enjoy a lovely evening with friends. What did you get up to on your trip over here? Any news for us?

Lisa have you sorted the kitchen out now? I think it was lovely to be with your mum and dad as I'm sure she is like us and finding all these celebrations difficult to join in. What did you cook? I had a quiet evening too. We went to YDs for a takeaway and then came back well before Big Ben and watched the fireworks in bed. I saw Bryan Adams too!!!

Nicky how was your evening - quiet or busy? It can't be long to the wedding now, are we on a countdown yet? Such a lovely thing to look forward to at the start of the year. What colour was your outfit? I think you did mention it. Are you managing to keep that little chin up and stay positive, despite the very sad news? Send me a pm if you need a chat xx

Today the world arrived on my doorstep for dinner so I had my own mountain of washing up as the dishwasher was nowhere near big enough to cope. It was lovely. Haven't the celebrations worked out well this year? Almost everyone I know has had a really long spell off work. I have loads of work to do before Monday so I really need to get up early this weekend. We have our first birthday next week, so straight back into more celebrations and shopping! Well I better buzz off as sleep is catching me up, after a late last night.

Hoping for a peaceful, worry free year for all of us love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

happy new year buddies x don't know how die keep sane without you all xx hope you all had a lovely evening and here's to a healthy and happy 2016. I've had a quiet evened g well so to speak, cooked for mam and dad so bomb site in kitchen and they were shattered after so much food so sent them home, was all homemade too x sitting listening to Bryan Adams on bbc1 who was fab, huge fan one of my early concerts and lots of memories xxx night girls xxx 

Community Champion

HAPPY NEW YEAR BUDDIES

Thanks to you all for being here for me when I needed some support, loads of love to you all

So sorry to hear of Belinda Nicky, I send my condolences to you and her family if they read this.

Lily, the journey home was better than the journey over, although we were still 2 hours late so eventually arrived home a few minutes before midnight,

We had a quiet New Year celebration with some good friends, it was a good night with dancing and cheer and then some fireworks, and of course lots of alcohol Smiley Very Happy

Love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Oh no Nicky I am very sad to hear the news about Belinda as she has joined us and also spoken to me on posts over the years. Such a gentle and helpful lady, always kind and understanding. What a shame and so sad for everyone close. I know this will shake you, so look after yourself and try to keep chugging along looking forward to the lovely wedding and then I think it will be other good news Smiley Happy.

Lisa its just dreadful to look at the news footage of the areas hit by the floods. i hope no-one close has been involved. We are extra warm down here, its crazy weather but so damaging to soem areas and it seems to just keep repeating. Is your charity involved in helping people?  Hope the cough improves but it generally takes you quite a time to shift them. Do you use an inhaler? Try getting a room really steamy (no I didn't mean invite someone round!!) by turning the hot tap on. The steam soon soothes a cough. Also there are products to put on your pjs so you breathe them all night. Go see the pharmacist x. Well done for the candy bar - what a great job to have. I would have tested too many things myself! Yes I need to get back on the diet or more important off the cake and sweets! Maybe in the new year. Carole how was the journey home?  Take care all Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, nicky so sorry to hear that news, I can remember her well, suck a shock to you all xxx

carole, did you manage to get home, it's awful up here so thought you might struggle xx

nothing much to report here, still barking and exhausted but can't sleep, had it a week and half now, not s bad but lingering,think just need more rest but had a lovely night at friends wedding and the candy bar I done looked lovely. Diet time on Monday as overindulged with food and drink but no where near as much as I thought and apart from wedding only been as far as walking the dog, need a swift kick to get me out mingling more lol...

back to to it on Monday but not used to new job yet and sharing office with folk so will see how it goes xxx

hope you all have a lovelyNYE whatever your doing xx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

And I hope you have all had a fabulous Christmas with your family.

We have had a very hectic time which gradually caught up with me so I have had a relaxing few days after the Rush has subsided. I hope you are recovering Lisa from your cold, it does seem to happen when you least want or expect it to. Carole, a safe trip home, I'm sure all the pets will love having you home again. Lily, it sounds a very busy time for you but I know you will have loved it. Time to put your feet up now though!

I must let you know some sad news that I learnt today and that is our lovely Belinda, who often used to pop in on here, passed away on Boxing Day. It was a huge shock for me as, although I knew she hasn't been coping so well with her current treatment, I hadn't expected this to have happened. She was a really lovely lady and we often PM'd or emailed sharing our stories, especially about secondary BC and, more recently, heart issues. She will be sadly missed and my heart goes out to her family at this horrible time.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi all, so sorry I haven't been around felt lousy all Xmas, typical, think same thing happens every year body relax and all hell hits in, ain't slept for nearly two weeks but onwards and upwards, give myself a shake today as friends wedding and done candy bar was so proud of it... Lovely night but boy, wild isn't the world for coming home, 70mph wind and torrential rain, floods back Gain.

hope you've all had amazing time xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say safe journey Carole and I hope the crossing is not rough. Eurk I feel sick just thinking about boats.  Love Lilyx

Community Champion

Hi everyone.

Community Champion

Thànks Lily for keeping up with posts.  Glad you enjoyed the new Star Wars film (I'm not a fan) but great you had a hectic Christmas, which I'm sure you positively loved 😆.

Have you ever told us the story behind your American guests? If you have I'm sorry but I've forgotten.

Lisa how horrid to deal with something upsetting at Christmas.

I've had a lovely Christmas, saw all the children, but not much of Mr P as he was working, it was YDs 21st birthday today, sad that her dad was working but I think she had a good day, she met up with some old friends at Southampton West Quays, my goodness, I'd forgotten about the English sales rush😐.   I struggled with all the queues and crowds 😡.   Still, it wasn't about me so as long as she enjoyed it.

We return to France on Wednesday, as long as the crossing isn't rough, I'm looking forward to getting home (nothing like home at Christmas), and seeing my 4 cats and Heidi the dog.

Hope you all enjoyed Christmas.

Love to you all, Carole xxxx

Community Champion

Hi, hope you all had  some nice days with the family and some nice pressies as a bonus. We are over-run with bags of ripped off wrapping paper as everyone opened their presents in our house! Absolutely bags of it. The last of the turkey has gone now but there is a huge mountain of chocolates of every type to eat. Not good for starting off with a healthy new year! My visitor is here for a few more days so we are still in festive mode and having to do big meals. I seem to be doing most of the entertaining! So good job we get on reallly well. Have you seen the new Star Wars film? I saw it at the weekend and loved it but I am a Star Wars fan. Very exciting to see a new one come out. Lived the Bond film Spectre too but missed the latest Jurassic so having to wait for it to come on sky box office. Hope all is well Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi everyone how was your day? Well md and her family stayed over so the house is lovely and full of little peopl dozing peacefully after a busy day. They were all very excited and noisy as you would expect. Everyone else went back to their homes and are seeing the other side of their families tomorrow. have a snoring guest on the sofa aand I'm the only one still awake and its only just 11! They just can't keep up with me.

Lisa keep an eye on the cough and get off to the dr if it feels like an infection for some abs. How horrible to deal with something upsetting at Christmas. Will be hoping the expected rain doesn't cause another disaster in your county. Unbelievably distressing for people to think its going to flood again and at Christmas.

Carole I wasn't sure if you meant you were staying on the ferry or going for a party. Hope you enjoyed it anyway. Enjoy seeing all your family. How was mum?

Nicky hope you got out of hospital asap yesterday. Yes I was worried that some products I wanted might have sold out but fortunately they were well stocked at Tesco so i just did one shop. It wasn't too bad but apparently I had just missed a very busy spell. The firdge is bursting with food still. Not sure what they were all eating then, as it doesn't seem much better. Yes it was really hectic here but great fun and I got a lot of help but was also keen to give the others a nice day so it was a mix of work and help. When you feed 17 the dishwasher does the majority but it can't take the lot Smiley Sad  The tree sounded lovely. I was not impressed to have hospital appointment arrive on Christmas Eve booooooooooo. What beast posted that off to arrive before Christmas?  I hope you had a lovely day love Lily xxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

Merry Xmas everyone, hope you all have a lovely time. Nicky, hope the treatment went okay, carole glad you arrived in UK, lily hope your visitor helpin out lol.

had a busy day, been making some puds tonight and loaded with cold and chesty cough but happens every Xmas lol. Had to go into work awful accident in one of our schemes but won't upset you with those details.

heres to a happy, peaceful and healthy Xmas and new year, I know I've been crap at posting last few months but would go insane without our chats xx

lots of love buddies xxx

Community Champion

Happy Christmas Eve 😊🎄 buddies.

Off to hospital in an hour or so which isn't what I would like to be doing today but I guess I should! because of this I've had to make sure I'm ready for tomorrow even earlier than I would normally be and therefore have been run a bit ragged with getting all the last minute food bits in - how many supermarkets can you go into in a day? Quite a few I've found out when some of them are no re stocking as quickly as you'd hope! Anyway it's all done now and I'm hoping the nurses are on the ball this morning so I get out quickly. Luckily YD is here and doing a lot of the food prep for this evening when we are going to friends, and taking some canapés and the pud, and for tomorrow.

I hope you all have a fun and relaxing Christmas with family and friends, wherever that might be (it sounds like you will be at sea Carole? In which case I hope it's calm!) Also hoping there's no repeat of the awful recent weather where you are Lisa although it sounds like some people are having problems again. Lily, I'm sure you will have a house full of very excited littlies, which I know you will enjoy but with all the adults there as well I hope you don't have to do the washing up afterwards!

Signing off for now, have a good one.

Nicky x

ps Scandi is short for Scandinavian, so our tree is full of wooden decorations and white lights, it looks lovely and means we can use some of the decorations we bought a few years ago when we had a pre Christmas ski trip to Chamonix. They are so pretty and remind us all of the fun we had, and the fantastic snow. X

Community Champion

Happy Christmas to all dear buddies and families and friends hope you are all in Christmas cheer.

We arrived safely in the UK and expect to join Mr P on the ferry tomorrow as he is working for the next few days.

Relishing every moment.

Love to all xxxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone and hope all your Christmas arrangements - both food and parcels are on track to be done for the big day. I think I have finished my gift shopping today after a trip to pick up things from individual stores. I like the big shops where you go in one and get lots done. Today was the silly things that take a bit of hunting down  or just one thing from the pet shop for puppy. She was very interested in my shopping bags and almost looked like she just wanted to breathe the air to pick up the smell of the bag. She has a very delicate tum and gets an upset quite quickly from treats but I found rice bones, which she loves and seem ok. On my expedition was my usual xmas visitor and little chap, not the best 2 people to take with you. Neither like shopping much so there were frequent stops for mid morning cake and then lunch. They were good at carrying stuff for me though Smiley Happy   I have started some wrapping today but it is a drop in the ocean!

Nicky thinking of you tomorrow and hope they don't keep you long. Carole enjoy your trip. Sorry I have forgotten if you are already over here or not. Hope mum is pleased to see you and behaves!! Lisa sorry to hear you have another bug so hope it goes quickly. My tree is just completely loaded with little treasures collected over the years -gingerbread men, robins, reindeer, twinkly things, cuddly things, things from every holiday like Ny and even things from Australia. I am hoping to buy a tree to plant in memory of my brother. I want a 40 -60 foot traditional tree, not sure what to get just yet. It can grow happily down the very bottom of the garden and get as tall as it wants without bothering anyone. I wanted a horse or sweet chestnut but apparently the stream makes it too wet. Better get some advice about it.

Happ Christmas to anyone else reading. i hope you manage to enjoy some special moments.

Happy Christmas buddies love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps I am saving this time as I just lost the post, the site, the lot grrrr

Community Champion

Hi all, hope your all in festive spirits, I've been hit by the lurgy, very strange tends to happen every year as soon as I finish work, loads to do and another mound of present wrapping to do lol. Like you say Lily the first one is hard and you have your mum to deal with too, hope yesterday went okay.

Nicky hope hospital appointment went or goes okay. I so wish we could post pictures on here, would love to see everyone's trees xx

carole, are you all set too?!?

countdown begins, got my next few days mapped out. Merry Xmas and healthy new year all xxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Can I pass on my Christmas wishes to you all too and hoping it will be a happy and peaceful time for you.Its tricky here because of my brother and mum gets worse every day nearer to Christmas but the lirttle ones all distract me and get so much pleasure out of buying things to make them smile, laugh or learn things from their toys.  We put my brother's ashes in the graveyard tomorrow so it will be a difficult day, especially for mum.

Our usual visitor is mid atlantic as we speak so lots to do here, although I tend to let him just fit into how we are rather than change much. He is so very rich that ordinary normal is quite a novelty for him. I went out shopping twice today and feel that I got a lot more ticked off my list. The last minute foods can wait until later in the week to be as fresh as possible.  

Nicky I have no idea what a scandi tree is, some sort of theme/colour? I know you have another hospital visit this week, so hope you get in and back out quickly without any wait or problems. Glad you managed to get a tree at your second stop. Carole enjoy seeing as many folk as you can and hope your mum is behaving herself too Smiley Happy    Lisa how are things with your mum now? I hope she can manage to enjoy th family around, even though its not everyone she would like to be there. Our first Christmas too, difficult time. Love to all Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Hope all of you are managing to get things done and not too much extra issues with family etc. A busy time of the year but one im sure we all manage to enjoy. Carole, wishing you a very HAppy Christmas with the family which will be lovely for you to see them all this year. Happy Christmas to Lily and Lisa in case I don't get back on here before the big day.

Well, we now have a tree, hooray. A bit worried when we turned up at the first place we went to and they only had small ones which looked a bit sorry for themselves, and only about 8 of those left anyway. I could see us not having a tree at all as we'd left it so late. However the next place had lots which was good and all at half price which was even better! We got home and for the first time it was just OH and I decorating it as no Ds around at the moment. So, we've gone for a Scandi look which was agreed on last year but really suits the new house so hoping that the Ds like it when they see it. Just now need to finish wrapping presents to put underneath it so it looks even better!

Have a good rest of the weekend and a good week getti in the Christmas spirit.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Had a smile at the turkey story Lily, that's the sort of thing my Mum would do. I used to have a beautiful rabbit fur jacket in a pale brown colour, it was so warm.   Of course when the days of real fur passed it had to go. Is it true what I'm hearing that real fur is back in fashion now?   I'm sure you'll be super warm in your new coat Lily.

In case this is my last post before the festivities I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas now, I may pop in but am sure to be busy from Tuesday onwards.

Take care all, love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi  Lisa, glad you enjoyed my tale of woe. She is a terror at times. Today she is miserable again, never know what I will walk into. Fab long holiday for you well done, as good as mine. I did tons of shopping today including for my own presents!! Victor is swimming in work and I wanted a new coat so there is no way he could choose that. I had enough trouble myself!! I love the fur collars that are in at the moment but unfortunately I cannot have rabbit fur near me as I raect to it, and boy have a lot of rabbits been skinned this year for coats Smiley Sad    Anyway I went in to debenhams and found one I liked from red herring with a non rabbit fur collar Smiley Happy  I could hardly walk back to the car I had so much shopping and of course had to keep buying silly bags grrr. Enjoy your weekends everyone Lily x

Community Champion

Lol Lily that post made me giggle. Well not sure what's happeded but I wrote a long post few nights back and it's not showing and told me I couldn't get online last night - anyone else? 

First late ate night meeting for me tonight in my new role, but guess what,  I'm now officially on holiday 4th jan, how lucky am I. Off to Chester market tomorrow and Cheshire oaks, can't wait poor mum needs a break.

hopemyour all having fun and I'll catch up on Sunday xxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Well I don't know about you but I am starting to get very excited about Christmas and especially being home and getting on with my shopping Smiley Happy . Last week I spotted a very large turkey breast crown. I was out with mum in her wheelchair so we have to put our joint shopping in a basket on her lap. No problem she said, get it now or there won't be another one. Well I did suggest the turkey could be rather heavy. No problem she said. Well of course we had gone a mere 30 seconds before she said, you know I think you were right, i can't have this on my lap! Well we had gone in early where you can shop but not buy, so I had to wander around with a giant turkey under my arm, trying to push the wheelchair - no mean task! Eventually the tills were about to open so I parked mum in an interesting section and went to get at the front of a queue. Any till that has its light on, bellowed the superviser. I opted for number 11 as a number were already queuing. Guess which one arrived last? Yes mine, which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had a man decide to chat away to me. Would you expect to be standing in the queue of a little town and be chatted up by a deep sea fisherman buying mackerel for bait, all dressed ready to go in high vis dayglo gear and boots? My mum then suggested that the WHOLE shop thought she had been abandoned by me and were wondering if she was alright. I really think she just enjoyed the attention. So I am going to thoroughly enjoy shopping completely on my own with no wheelchair so I can dash past people and queue jump like they all do to me. How has you week been everyone? . Hugs L xx

Community Champion

Hi buddies. Thank you Carole, she is back in the normal range of poorly with a dreadful chest infection and on abs even though they think they won't work!! She is miserable and inseparable from ed so she's off work. For a first time mum its a very worrying time. What strange weather with snow up top and us all having the warmest weather and being too hot with jumpers on. It needs to even up a little. The year she was born, you must have been wondering whether to start cooking Christmas dinner or not! No i didn't manage to see the launch, probably at work but it would have been lovely to see. i remember watching a launch when I was little at infant school on the headteacher's tv. Not sure I had any idea what was going on then. I think you will see lots more Smiley Happy . Well at last I have written my cards and will post them off in the morning unless I do my usual trick of sailing past the post box and taking them for a ride to work.Stamps are getting rather expensive these days so i really should try to be early and pass more on when I see people. Take care love Lily xx 

Community Champion

Hi all, Lily I hope your grandaughter has improved since the weekend? Yes snow arriving for those in the North, today is colder and grey here. Nicky and Lisa hope you are both ok and enjoying the run up to Christmas. Our YD has her 21st birthday on 28 Dec so our little one was born just after Christmas. It is a horrid time I think to have a birthday, right on top of Christmas.

Did anyone see the live launch of British Astronaut Tim? I was quite emotional. Probably not something I will see again in my lifetime. Well that's me being maudlin again lol.

xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi everyone. Nicky we had a birthday weekend too, unfortunately she was whisked off to hospital. Slightly improved but been checked over so ed is in less of panic. All of the littles have had really nasty bugs that have been hard to shift and lasted ages. Each of them were told they would have abs a few years back but vcan;t now. Then they take 3 weeks to improve so difficult to know what's best. Nicky you seem to have secretly accelerated past all of us and almost completed Christmas preparations - how did you do it? I have been told to scale down this year but that makes it even harder to make sure the sacks (or maybe bags this year Smiley Sad   look fairly even. Little chap has asked for a set of books and they have arrived, one by one! That was a lot easier than requests for fish tank pumps, whiteboards, coats and other things that require a lot of information to organise. Some very odd requests this year! Poor Scotland with snow already. It made me think of Val and our other buddies of course. Take care -  Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

A very busy weekend for me so a bit quiet on the forum front.

We celebrated EDs belated birthday on Friday night, busy on Saturday trying to get the house all Christmassy, which we tend to do after EDs birthday. This is taking longer this year as we're trying to work out which decorations can go where, or not at all if they don't suit the new house. Still half done with boxes in the lounge and no tree until next weekend which I prefer as they only drop all over the place by the beginning of Jan. YD was also here which was nice to catch up with her and she's back next weekend for Christams as she hasn't used all her holiday up so gets a good long break.

Im dashing around for all the last minute bits although have got all the main presents sorted. Plus trying to get a couple of items of clothing for me. I've lost weight over the past year or so so any smart trousers I had no longer fit and can I find I pair, can I heck! I've tried everywhere and happy to pay a bit more as I want them to last but nothing seems quite right so I'll keep searching.

How is everyone? Sounds like Christams is on its way especially in Lily's house with all the littlies, or should I say especially with lily! Wishing a speedy recovery to little miss as well. How is the flooding situation Lisa? I hope people are trying to get things straightened but it does look like such a huge task and so soul destroying. I really feel for them especially when you see it all on the news and know how bad it is. Are you doing OK Carole? It must be very difficult when you are on your own most of the time but it sounds like you will be with family for most of Chriatmas which will be nice. My treatment on Chr Eve doesn't usually cause me any problems, I just hope it goes smoothly and I'm not on the ward for ages as I'm sure there will be things I have to be doing. Plus I have another echo on the Tuesday so my Christmas is sandwiched between hospital appointments.

Anyway, ttfn

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Thank you Carole , I will try to calm down a little but really I find Christmas very exciting and love it. Our littlest one was in hospital tonight but they think viral (don't they always) and have sent her home. She did look very poorly and making this droning noise. Fingers crossed she is getting over it soon. The bigger ones are all very excited and eagerly listen to anything about santa and how to get more pressies!! There are some amazing things on mobiles now where santa tooks to them personally. Sorry in a rush tonight but hope all is well love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi Lily

Good luck with the voting on x factor, I hope the winners are the ones you vote for. It sounds like you are getting a bit stressed, so, take a breath or two and remember what is important., eg you not being ill because of stress and worry.   Telling off done so hope you are feeling ok and enjoying all those little people you have to hug.   I have the opposite extreme, it's too peaceful for me and I miss my hugs!

I've been watching Top of the Pops 2 and reminiscing about all my favourite Christmas songs, it's quite sad too feeling so old as they were good days.

Lisa I hope your friends and family are doing ok with all the flood damage, I do feel for you.

Nicky hopefully your treatment on Christmas Eve won't leave you too bad for the next couple of days.   I understand what it's like to have a child missing for Christmas, it is something I've had to cope with since we moved to France.   At least this year I will see 2 children on two days then all 3 for Boxing Day, so really looking forward to that.

Hope all the bugs, coughs and colds stay away from you all.

Love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi, did you vote on x factor? I am a Louisa fan and hope she will win. You can't really compare the voices of the 2 finalists but we will see. Its a  busy weekend with loads of work to do, still haven' written any cards apart from overseas ones. Dashed out and bought around 80 packets of sweets for the kids at school. I need more but think I might pass around big tubs of sweets for some. Its an exciting week to work in a school but very tiring as they get so excited. I am so behind with xmas shopping, the worst I have ever been mainly because Victor has not been on a big shop day with me. I guess primarni profits will tumble this year lol. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend love Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone, sorry there is still so much trouble in Cumbria Lisa. So unfair to have it repeat, I don't know how people manage, i really don't. Carole how is your language group coming along? Do you meet regularly. Sorry in all of this I forgot to say I am glad that your bone scan was ok recently.

Nicky boo to a treatment on Christmas Eve. Will it make any difference to how you are feeling over Christmas? You never really mention any side effects but you would be fortunate to miss any at all. Its a sign of getting older when all the family plans change at Christmas and I think ours will a bit too this year. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just different. I try to go to as much as I can with the little onesThimgs have changed there too. For goodness sake, who heard of being dressed as a beetle for the nativity play ha ha. I am sure it was his own idea as he has very strong views for a little person who has just started school. These days I just have to look out the compulsary Chrictmas jumper for work.

is anyone able to give me some tax advice? My ancient pension from my life in the city has offered to pay out a sum instead of having a pension as they are shutting down but I want to know if there is any way to avoid losing a lot in tax. Any ideas would be very welcome. Better buzz off love Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi

Lily, we are having a different type of Christmas this year as ED is away for the first time ever with her fiancé as they are meeting up with some of  his Australian family who are holiday ing in Europe. The first Christmas he has spent with them for years and years so they are looking forward to it. We will have a quiet Christmas Day just with YD, although a quick visit to parents in law in the morning which they always like. So, our actual celebrating will be done on the Sunday when ED and F are back, that's when we'll have the turkey and all the trimmings 🍗🍾🎄 However I also have the joy of treatment on Christmas Eve so I have to make sure I'm ready with all the food prep and everything else. Luckily YD is off work that week so can help me get things done.

Must rush now, things to do, as with every day this week!

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone, hope you are all well as there seem to be quite a few colds going around here and all the asthmatic littles are wheezing away and puffing their mini inhalers. Two of my children had it so its no surprise that we passed it on to the next generation. I have never ever had a chest infection but Victor is the weak link on this plus mum. Carole you are spot on it is definitely a 'what about me' syndrome and drives me crazy a lot of the time. However mine is also extremely generous and as soon as anyone has a big bill she helps them and insists on sharing what she has, so my brother and I are always battling her to say no you keep it. She is very comfortable so that helps as she has now hired 3 gardeners, 2 cleaners and the carers! I think she wants 'staff' lol. That part of her has never changed and she would always give anyone her last pound if they needed it or if it was for an animal especially donkeys for some reason!! Always people before possessions as I grew up and its something I like and have tried to pass on. Carole is your mum settled in her new place now? Mine is dreading xmas as you can imagine so all the plans are going to be last minute but it doesn't relaly matter. My house is always heaving with people so it never matters to add a few more. What are all of you doing this year? Any plans yet, apart from Nicky practising babysitting on the cats. How will your treatments work out at Christmas time this year?  Lisa is it very busy at work trying to sort needy folks out from the floods? I better go as lots to do and I might throw a little sleep in before tomorrow. Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi Carole

I must say its pretty mild in the south so it seems the North is getting all of the awful weather you've seen reported. As to cat flaps - been there, done that😉 As you say it will make life easier for when you are away but it's difficult at first to get them used to it. I know with our last kitties I put a peg on the Cat flap to hold it open but it did mean the wind used to whistle through and the kitchen get very cold. However they soon learnt that they could open it with their heads. They are so sweet, our ex-moggies, as they now live with my ED who adores them. They are much safer so, although much closer to town, the traffic is very little and they love going off and exploring. Plus, she and her hubby-to-be are such soppies with them that the cats get away with so much more than when they lived with us. We get to see them regularly and will be on cat sitting duty over Christmas when ED and H2B are away for a few days.

I meant to have said to Lisa that how awful that someone would steal a car that had been abandoned! I just hope they get their comeuppance.

Hi Lily, hope Mum has a good mood for quite a while! It sounds very tough for both you and Carole and unfortunately the colour thing does seem to be of their generation.

Nicky x

Community Champion

HI girls

Lily, dealing with elderly people can be very challenging, I do understand what you are going through as your Mum and my Mum seem like twins!   Perhaps it's just part of getting old, becoming difficult I mean.   Wishing lots of patience and hugs.   I think it will get better (over the grief side) but even if losing your brother hadn't happened, she, like my Mum would be difficult.  I find with my Mum she is so self centred, thinks of nothing else except her own woes - not that she has any - is your Mum like that?   My Mum too has a problem with her dark skinned carers, she complains they are lazy and don't want to help her.   It is very difficult because the majority of her carers are not white skinned.  On a cheerier note, how lovely your grandchildren appreciated your tree, makes it worthwhile.   No I don't watch X Factor, if there is one programme on TV I dislike it is that.   But, yes I do watch I'm a Celebrity.

Lisa thank goodness you are safe and haven't been affected by the storms.   I find it hard to believe in this day and age that this has happened again, and still happening at times in other areas of the country.   I think David Cameron was right when he said "it's not ISIS we have to worry about, it's the natural disasters".   Climate change?   Well I don't know what to think about that.   I hope you are coping well with your loss, it's horrid that some members of the family couldn't even pay their respects to a dear man.   I hate to say it but our weather is still very mild, blue skies and not at all December like! Smiley Wink

Sounds like you have a lovely time coming up Nicky with birthdays and celebrations and a treatment free week.  I'm watching Strictly too.   Can't believe it's just over 2 weeks to Christmas.

The bone scan I had last week seems to be ok, no one told me otherwise anyway. We fitted our small dog cat flap and all cats seem to have tackled it well, although for now we are leaving the flap up.   When we go away it will make life easier for the lady who is coming to feed them as she won't need to let them in and out.   We're off out for lunch tomorrow with some friends, apart from that a pretty quiet week. I'm disappointed that my sewing project will not be finished by Christmas, still, I've only been working on it since April Smiley Frustrated

Love to all xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Lisa, so glad you are OK and presumably all your family and friends. It all looks awful though and I can't begin to imagine how dreadful this must be for all those affected. A lot of extra work for your organisation as well. Glad that the funeral was a good send off for your uncle and hopefully gave you all good memories of him and the fact that you had all looked after him right to the end. Take care of yourself and obviously your Mam.

Lily, hope that your Mum is in a good phase and less of a strain for you at what must be a very busy time of the year what with school events and all the home things as well. We're relatively quiet at the moment, just trundling along, gradually getting there Christmas-wise. Have EDs birthday this week but she's out and about doing things with work and a friend's wedding so it's just a meal around here later in the week with YD here as well which should be nice.

Carole, hope all is well with you.

Nicky x

Community Champion

Hi everyone. Lisa thank you for letting us know you are ok as I was worried and I know the others will have been too. Those poor people and their ruined homes, it looked terrible. I'm glad the funeral was lovely as this will help everyone, especially your mum have nicer memories in time. Its the very last thing she could do for him and I am sure he would appreciate her care and attention. Mum moving into a better phase again, so hope it will last a while. So very difficult and embarassing as she seems to have gone back to her childhood and become scared of the African carers who occasionally look after her in an emergency. I dread to think what she says and I keep talking to her about it and then she forgets and does it again.Well I am going to dash off here as trying to sort a lot of cards and things out and getting nowhere! Love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi all, I'm here and fine. Funeral was lovely despite cousins not turning up so mam really upset about that. I can't take any time of at the moment as just started my new job last week, fun and games.

well believe it or not I'm totally fine, even managed to get through to newcastle yesterday to see stereophonics, was touch and go because of roads. Pretty devastating here at the moment which I'm sure you've seen on the news. Yet again were okay in our town but 15mins to hour away devastation. It's unbeleiveable that same places flooded and more than in 2009 with flood defences in place. Could cry for people. Obviously working for housing we've got a lot on, some poor woman today was cryingher house was 5ft deep in water and only had clothes on her back so doing everything we can and having to rehouse a lot of tenants. Shows so much community spirit what folk are doing to help out, however also some rotten people too, simon my friends brother was coming home from liverpool as finished working there, he packed up cR with lots of work gear and pressies for granddaughter and car got stuck and surrounded by water. Wouldn't move engine broke so had to go to recuse centre, went back at 8am and someone had stolen his car... Must have towed it too, evil.

lily, sorry your having a hard time with your mum, is she playing you up too? Must be hard xx I too have been watching X factor and jungle but only went and found out all the news about them today before I've seen last few days 😂😱 

nicky, how are you, I haven't been following strictly this time, in fact I've not watched much tv.  How you settling into new house, any decorating plans, love a good decorating discussion xx

carole, how are you!? How's the weather over there?? 

Love lisa xxx