cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling buddies from May - moving on

7,998 REPLIES 7,998
peacock

Re: ..darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi girls, sorry it's been a while, I don't know why but maybe since the weather became sunny I've been spending more time in the garden. Yesterday we reached 28 degrees at 7 pm.   Whilst I like the hotter weather I don't like the constant sweating every time I'm doing physical stuff.

My last tumour marker was slightly raised, so I saw my GP yesterday and left it to her to phone an oncologist to find out what I should do.   It's the first time it has been slightly higher. I know that Nicky didn't think a lot about tumour markers, as many things can affect them.   I'm also waiting to see my Cardiologist as my rapid heart beat is causing me palpitations and it's a constant rapid beat not changeable. It could be because of my diabetes, which is very stable at the moment.

Monday was a sad day for me, our 18 year old cat was put to sleep.   He was blind, deaf and had high blood pressure. He ate like a horse but didn't put any weight on so probably a thyroid problem too.   I had put off doing it in the hope that he would slip away in his sleep.   In the end it was peaceful but very upsetting.

The veg is coming along, we've got courgettes, runner beans, petit pois peas, leeks, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and chillis.   It does take a lot of watering though.

That's about it for my five minute break in between cleaning and gardening.

Have a nice weekend both of you, love Carole x

Lily200

Hello , how are you both? I have been absolutely overloaded with work so I do apologise for not coming on here sooner. Trying to sort school exams out this year has been so much harder and I just haven't stopped as we had to catch up after lockdown, teach everything, write the exams and then mark everything instead of the exam board. Not sure anyone else did anything this year. Still going through it with a lot more work to do. I am so pleased it is half term but mainly so I have more free time to try to keep up with it all. I did a lot every evening with my gs so it was quite a stressful time. He is clever but like most lockdown has made him used to a different type of education and difficult to become formal again. He was good and put up with everything I did with him. Hoping to relax and go out a bit. I have 2 of my littles staying overnight. They were very excited to be back and staying away from home. They have been exploring the house, like they can't remember where everything is. I guess a year is a really long time when you are 6. My very youngest seems happiest when you are the other side of glass waving, as he just hasn't had enough time and especially physical contact with us. Getting happier to be slightly further from his mummy and to be picked up by everyone. Carole I expect you may find this too. It must be very strange for the little ones that are not really talking much yet.

Yes I had my 2nd astra vaccine too and just felt a bit tired that evening, nothing else. Have you had one or two now Lisa? How are your family as I remember you had a few things going on. Hope all is well. Same with you Carole. Today it was really hot which was nice but a surprise. I think our weather has been similar to France as I have been in 2 jumpers until today. We just had our raised big sundeck replaced and the sun came out just in time for the builders to go. All ready for enjoying the sun and large family meals outdoors. Well fingers crossed we will.  Are you 2 doing anything in the house or garden this year. 

Well sorry to rush but my 2 little people will no doubt be up early so better get to bed. Love Lily xx

peacock

Hi ladies, how are you both doing?   It will soon be half term for you Lily, do you have any plans?  My 2nd vaccine was good, no side effects at all and I am so pleased I am now fully vaccinated.   Good luck to your Little Chap with his exams, our eldest granddaughter is 17 years old today, boy doesn't time fly as you get older.   I think going automatic is a good idea, and if we exchange our 11 year old car it would definitely be for an automatic. We're not changing it though, at least not yet.

Our weather has been changeable, one saturday in the last couple of weeks it was 28 degrees and very sunny so I turned the heating off. The next day down to 13 degrees so the heating went back on and has remained on since 🙄. It has also been so wet, rain almost every day for about 5/6 weeks.

I'm hoping to get over to the UK in September if all the quarantine restrictions have lifted, we have so many people to see in different counties.

It's now 14 weeks since Mum passed, I miss her so much as we used to talk almost every day even if we did repeat conversations. I could never imagine my life without her, and here we are.   She's in my thoughts every day. I give myself some consolation by thinking at least she's not confused and lonely anymore. I wish her last 4 weeks had been better for her.

The weather is pretty awful again today so I don't feel motivated to do much.   Take care love Carole xx

Lily200

Hello girls, how are you. I was so pleased to find posts to read about how you both are and something to answer. I confess my coping strategy is not remembering any anniversaries apart from immediate family, after hearing endless lists from mum who has the lot still in her head. We recently went through my Dad's anniversary of passing and I think she finally understands my need to think how lucky I was to have an amazing dad on his birthday and think nice things, rather than remembering the funeral service and hearing the news. Of course I understand its a different emotion, as you expect to lose parents but partners are different. She is being very nice to me at the moment, which is always the scariest time ha ha, only one way this can go. She talks to me all the time about my brother moving 4 miles away and how it changed everything and when he will go. I said to him she probably does the same to you about me, no he said!! Oh well. 

We are very excited about the easing of lockdown here Carole and i hope you soon follow suit. Everyone is planning to turn up non stop so feeling a bit worried about the massive cooking for 16 as I am out of practice. Maybe they can bring a packed lunch so I can just see them all instead of peeling potatoes for a week ha ha. The kids at school will be overjoyed at not wearing masks in class. I just hope it will still all go well. I have my 2nd jab in just over a week at one of the big vaccination centres. I had Astra, the same as you Carole. Have you had one now Lisa? My new car was an Audi TT and it goes so fast, i love it. I changed to an automatic this time and I hope I have eventually stopped trying to go into first gear if I stop unexpectedly. It has so many gadgets it throws me if I suddenly do something wrong, thinking I am in the old car. Very anxious not to destroy my alloys but it is going to happen! 

Lisa I was wondering how all the family are now. Mum and her IBS and other problems, dad with cellulitis and your poor brother. How is everyone? A lot in one go. I was worried to hear about your job going but pleased you are seeing this as an opportunity to branch into something new. Will you wait for redundancy or move when you see something you are interested in? Would you work in a hospital at all as I think you would be very sympathetic and supportive, understanding how people are feeling? Keep us posted how it goes.  Do you have any plans to go away yet? I had my first staycation but just to Great Yarmouth for a weekend. I was so excited I felt I was going on a world cruise, it seemed very daring ha ha. First of many I hope.

Carole thank you for remembering Val too, as you say, so many gone. My pal Nick 😞 but I still feel that part of her is with me and know how she felt about people still here not wasting time and making the most of life. So I take people with me (in my mind) and think how they would have enjoyed it. I met Nicky twice and we got on like we had always known each other. I miss being Dr Lily to try to support her too. Carole how did your 2nd jab go? Any side effects? I had a flu type side effect and was freezing cold after the first. My temp was 36.0C with 3 jumpers, blankets and the heating up full blast. Hoping to escape it but hey even if I don't I am glad to have it. I only know one person who doesn't want it and they have been listening to a troll who thinks it will genetically change people to make them take orders. Its a good job I was not with her as I would have spat my drink out laughing. I guess they forgot to go to school, what a twerp and to try to stop other people too, unbelievably mean. Just have to hope she doesn't catch it.

Has it warmed up in France yet Carole? Our weather is so changeable and this was the frostiest April on record so not good for seedlings. We have booked to have a big new deck built so I am looking forward to that as it is very sheltered and I can sunbathe out of view of anyone so I can brave a bikini. Lol nobody else would want to have that shock, catching my vitamin D fix. Its not healthy but I do love some tan and like to soak up the sun when I can.  Well better buzz off. Work is totally manic. Can you believe my original little chap is taking GCSEs this year, or would be if they had not replaced it with twice as many tests.. 

Love to all Lily xx

peacock

Hi girls

Nice to hear your news Lisa, I totally agree with you about feeling the loss of Nicky, and yes I think Val passed around 7 years.   Both such lovely ladies and I can still remember the day I met Val at a nearby campsite.   Your Mum sounds as though she is having a difficult time medically and I hope they get to the bottom of it sooner than later.  It seems easy these days to blame stomach problems on IBS, but perhaps worrying about your brother, you and your Dad could be the cause?   Hope things work out for you in your job.

Lily we'll look forward to hearing about your Staycations.   At the moment I still think it's the best bet, although they're saying on the news today that it has been proven that people with 2 vaccinations are pretty safe from catching covid.   What model is pup? 😂

I'm having my second vaccination tomorrow, I think it will be AZ as that is what we had first time.   Hoping I don't suffer too badly with side effects as I'm home alone at the moment.  I've bought a couple of ready meals just in case I feel rough.

YD and Mr P drove all the way on a 10 hour round trip because YD was picking up a new Skoda Fabia from afar.   It's a beautiful car, a very bright metallic blue.   So proud of her.   ED had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago, she has suffered from woman problems and endometriosis for most of her adult life, so this was the final option.   She seems to be doing well and is doing a sponsored walk through May for breast cancer, so proud of her too, and donated some money.

Apart from that, I have little news to talk about.  Our weather has been very changeable, we had 2 weeks of dry warm weather which was good for the morale, but last 3 days have been grey, wet and cold.  I even lit the fire yesterday as I felt so cold, 9 degrees at end of April is a first in the 13 years since we moved to the sunny (or not) SW.

Have a good bank holiday weekend and hope the sun shines for you, love Carole xx

PS the final Line of Duty reveals who H is, who do you think it is?

lisaf

Im back lol

Lovely to catch up on your news. I'll tell you mine later but nothing that interesting just busy.

Think I've struggled a bit since nicky passed the group feel so small now and today it reminded me on Facebook that it was the anniversary of Val's passing, think its 7 years 🤔😭.

I'm up for the chubby support, I wish ide done the diet and exercise in lockdown instead I've went the other way, oh and Carole I'm pushing myself as I've been in recluse mode too.

Carole so sorry re your mum hope it's getting a little easier and I'm sure I'd you could visit UK and see family would be a lovely boost and sorry your just hitting lock down as we are just on the release. 

Lily, sounds like pup keeps you busy too and hoping you are managing to see a bit more of family with restrictions lifting. I've  had a wee beer garden  treat which was lovely and felt like a special treat.  Oh do tell about new car, I'm staring to look around as it's been 10 years since a car change so want to havr a good look around, I've started a list.

Been a bit hectic here planning for friends 50th x 3 and family birthdaya and work has been manic to say least. We are fully integrating later this year and I'm likely to be out of a job after 25 years as nothing comparable in new company but I'm also on the group helping them to get everything sorted. May be other jobs come up in the bigger company but I think I'm going to use it as a fresh start as not had interview for 25 years ai it's all go. Had few family scared brother in a and e in agony and turned yellow but looks like it was gallbladder blocking liver duct so waiting doe op and 18 mth list. Poor mams still got belly and bowel problems after 18 months. Had scans for ovaries and othrt stuff and a wee procedure and then told prob ibs and manage diet. She's been back and sending for colonoscopy and since then had abnormal kidney and bow stool sample but docs have said no blood so not overly concerned and think infection but we were really worried but not as bad now. However, said 11 months waiting list so trying to persuade her to go private, same weekend dad for cellulitis in arm so been hospital and no driving so all go lol.

Keep the TV ideas coming I'm going to look at some of those. I'm into line of duty, Chicago pd and then trashy rich house poor house.

Will make more of an effort buddies and try and log of work earlier and message here 😍. Hugs

Lily200

Hello buddies,

its taking us a while to settle into our thread again after losing Nicky but I hope we can keep going and I don't mind if there is a gap between messages just as long as we can step up when one of needs support. Hopefully we can grow old and chubby together ha ha. No confessions about weight gain needed, we all know that clothes shrunk in lockdown 🙂 Its a fact. 

Carole while I felt so sorry for your tears, I think you also needed to do this to be able to grieve and move on. Its quite some time since mum had been the person you knew for most of your life, which I completely empathise with. I was worried about you but you sound like its starting to be a little easier, perhaps not every day. How are you feeling now? I haven't watched the programme so maybe I should give it a go. My guilty pleasure is Love island Australia but I really enjoy keeping Faith, bulletproof and quite bemused by Prodigal Son at present. Fall backs are always back episodes of Vera and other detective series, love them all, especially Endeavour.  What are you watching at present Lisa?  Carole the veg plot sounds impressive. I went out and mowed the front lawn. Sn had been in and mowed the much bigger back lawn but the front lawn is the one that everyone notices and the weeds go crazy if you leave it. I can see all the new plants survived and are starting to bud and open. By tomorrow the cherry blossom will be magnificent before giving me a nightmare for weeks with cherry stones scattered everywhere by the birds. Cherry stones contain arsenic so tricky for the pup, when she visits. We see her right through the week as her day care, which I love. She was one a week ago. Our old timer keeps chugging along and I think the pup came in time to give her a second lease of life. She still chases her round the garden as fast as she can. Lisa its been colder your way. How is the garden looking? I am wondering if you have even been able to mow yet? 

Carole my sympathy about the lockdown. All this politics instead of just getting vaccines to save people seems ridiculous. Its the first time I was glad we were out the EU so we could get our jabs done. Now other worries. Its never off the news. Yes your president is taking a lot of flack. I won't comment as it is not really my place and it really annoys me when a relative of ours who emigrated to Spain just seems to email me to mention specific events that happen and how wonderful everything around her is. Well that didn't last for long but I am glad they are being looked after. She is married to an Irish chap so he is ok but she has had to do a lot of paperwork recently to protect her residency there. is it similar for you Carole? Such a worry for people. Well I have booked 2 staycations as I am much too anxious to chance getting stuck in a hospital abroad with covid or a variant. It will take me personally a while to venture out the country. How about you Lisa, are you concerned to travel or are you going to jump straight back into your lovely trips again? You are much younger so have much lower risk than me. Have you had a jab yet? MY second one is in mid May time Carole. Victor will get his ahead of me as he catches an earlier/older group. We both had AZ. Two of my girls do caring and had their jabs recently but all the rest are in younger groups. Son will be in the last group, who now need a different vaccine. My exciting news is that I bought a new car and hope to collect it this week but waiting for a trade in price and paperwork first. I am moving to an automatic to please Victor and so he will drive my car too. It is also back to petrol after being talked into diesel by the salesman last time.  Will be fun but a bit anxious about wrecking the alloys !!! Well the first time I do it after that who cares ha ha.  Well would love to hear any news buddies. Keep safe love Lily xxx

peacock

Hi Lily and Lisa

Sorry I've not been around for a while, what with Mum's funeral (which I cried all the way through), the weather being good and doing lots of gardening, and watching a programme on Amazon Prime (membership on a trial period, I was intending to cancel) called This Is Us, I am totally addicted.

I don't like to sit watching TV during the day, I try to keep busy but there is only so much gardening and housework you can do.

Lily your mother's day treat, a roast dinner sounded very nice and I expect it surprised you too.  I agree when one of our children leaves the nest it takes a while to get used to.   I hope to visit the children in the UK at some time this year, I didn't get across last year at all and feel I've missed out on so much of the grandchildren. Sorry that your holiday was cancelled again.

Lisa I'm pleased to hear from you and that all is well.

As I said before my vegetable garden has helped to lose myself, so this year we are growing leeks, and courgettes from plants, runner beans, peas, carrots and hopefully some green veg from seeds.  I love seeing seeds turn into plants, especially edible ones.   

As you've come out of lockdown, we have just gone back into one.   It's possible to go out for shopping and essentials, I go out as little as possible, to avoid coming into contact with people.   I've turned into a bit of a recluse, but that's my life, the same as usual when here alone. Travel beyond 10 kms is only possible for an essential reason.  A lot of people in France feel the president should have gone into a lock down 2 months ago, but he's a business man and hoping to be re-elected next year so the economy meant more to him than lives!

Hope you can enjoy some freedom now, when is your 2nd vaccination Lily?   Mine should be in about a month.  Take care, much love Carole xxx

lisaf

Hi all, om still here just been so busy but all safe and sound x I'm gonna have a read on my lunch break whatever thst is tomorrow cos by time I log on at night too tired to post. Catch you tomorrow from a guilty buddy 😘😘

Lily200

Hello Carole and Lisa, how are you both? Carole I can't believe it is so long to wait for mum's funeral. I'm sending you a big hug. I think it must be very soon and I will be thinking of you. Mothers day as well, what a difficult time but how lovely that your daughter went to so much trouble to do something nice. She knew how you would feel. I must have walked miles on mother's day as having a walk with someone is about the most we can do. My son ordered takeaway roast dinners so no cooking, which was a real treat but nobody else was allowed to eat with us. I find that the smallest thing is quite exciting these days, like a walk. I wonder how long we will appreciate these small things, when things become easier. I don't think I will travel abroad this year unless things are dramatically better in October. Here seems to be the safest place for now. I have had one vaccine which has made me feel much safer going to work. We had another positive today, its routine unfortunately but upsets me if I have been in the room with them, at the wrong time. Victor has calmed down a lot too since he got his vaccine. He is even talking about venturing into London occasionally. In the middle of all this my son decided to move out to live with friends and I knew it had to happen one day but its taking a bit of getting used to. We have become really close all stuck in  together and have done a lot together. he is coming in regularly to help me out with my empty nest 😞  I am looking forward to schools breaking up this week so I can relax,. Its not easy constantly having to anti-bac or sanitise everything, everywhere you go at work. Yes we have a small local holiday booked for July, a staycation as they are calling them. Our Easter holiday was cancelled for the 2nd time and after 2 years we just got our money back! I am not confident to enough to go abroad and chance one of us getting covid while away, so we get stuck there or worse!  Carole do you think you will travel this summer. I expect the thinking is very different in France from what we hear on the news. I was very excited to get my  oxford astra Z jab but it is not the same feeling across Europe. Maybe the 100% stats from USA will help people to have the vaccine and help save lots of other people.  I worry about a lot. How are you two coping? 

Lisa I wanted to check if your family are all well and hope that nobody caught the virus.

Well better go Love Lily xx

peacock

Re: ..ddies from May - moving on

Hi Lily, you sound as though you suffered a bit after the vaccine, our young neighbour had similar as you for 2 days.   Sorry to hear about your Mum needing to go to hospital, poor thing, hope that she is better now. It's difficult to believe that Covid has now been doing the rounds for just over a year.   France numbers are still rising although President Macron is trying to avoid a 3rd lockdown.   Soon we will no doubt being getting tourists and hence the spread will continue. Other European countries are considering further lockdowns.   At least you have booked a little trip away from home, is that at Easter?

Our weather is very changeable, one day bright and sunny, the next grey and rainy.   I was cutting our grass on Saturday, I'd been doing it for about 10 mins and the heavens opened. So we have a half cut garden and today is rainy so doubt I will be able to complete it.

I spent yesterday with YD, she made me a card which was lovely, putting photos of Mr P, her, and our son and ED.   A nice thought.   Obviously the day was difficult as I couldn't stop thinking about my Mum. It's another 10 days until her service, so that would be 7 weeks in all.   Such a long time!

I'm suffering from a weird pain under my right breast area, it stabs like my ribs and locking.  If I take a couple of paracetamols it seems to ease, so that's my morning routine, get up, coffee and painkillers. What an exciting life I lead 😂.

Lisa hope your doing ok, as Lily asked are you still working from home?  

All for now love Carole

Lily200

Hi buddies, how are you doing? I hope all is well with you. The change of name on here threw me, so I hope you can find your way back. Love Lily xx

Lily200

Hello girls, how are you both? The last 3 musketeers soldier on. 

Carole how are you feeling. I hope this finds you coping a little better. I thought your choice of poem was lovely and yes beautiful but sad song. Hopefully the service will help you move forward as it brings a natural finish. I think waiting for a funeral is a very difficult time as you feel stuck between hearing the sad news and waiting for that day. My thoughts are with you

I had my vaccine this week, the astra at one of the big centres. I had an excellent person who managed to do it without even the slightest frown, so gentle I was waiting for it and realised it was done 🙂 I had to wait 15 minutes as driving and thought I had got way without any side effects as woke up perfect. Then lunchtime of the next day I kept wondering why my back ached a bit and it gradually spread everywhere to the mild flu like symptoms people talk about. Only took a paracetamol to go to sleep as my head hurt a bit. I was really cold though and my temperature went quite low despite 3 jumpers and the heating on pretty high, just for half a day. Nothing to even slow down my day and absolutely worth it for having the amazing vaccine. I really was s o pleased to get it and feel like my invisible armour is growing every day before I go back to school and face the 1000+ students who show no symptoms. It has made me feel much safer. Back on Monday boo.  Mum had hers about 4 weeks ago Carole and we had to have an ambulance out for her. It was expected after 2 ambulances for shingles and really struggles with anything these day. She was still very pleased to have it and thought it was worth it though. The oldies are so brave.

Lisa how are you. have you been working from home or have you gone back into the office yet? They must be very busy trying to help everyone. Any plans for this year yet? We have booked a weeks holiday nearby to just literally go somewhere else in July and fingers crossed will be able to go. It will be taking all the dogs and just out and about walking and on the beach. I am strangely as excited as if I was going on a trip to America for a month. How has my expectation gone down. Love to all readers Lily xx

peacock

Hi buddies,   it's a reminder as I write this that Mum died 3 weeks ago today.   I can think of her without tears, sometimes, so I guess the pain is starting to ease. My sister and I talk to each other more than we used to and I was asked to find a poem and choose a song.   My poem is "You Never said Goodbye" even though I am not religious the words were appropriate for me.  The song is "Time to Say Goodbye", the version by Andrea Bocelli, which always makes me cry anyway. So the live streaming of the funeral will be an emotional time.

Mr P and myself had the first dose of the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine on Saturday.   I'm please to say no great side effects, mostly sore arms.   The next dose is beginning of May.   France has been very slow rolling out the vaccines so we consider ourselves lucky.

Our weather has been a mixture of cold & grey to sunny and quite warm.   The plants don't know what they are doing but we have lots of daffodils, and Iris that have bloomed.

How is your Mum Lily, has she had the vaccination yet? Are you still online teaching or back in the classes?   Did your daughter get her biopsy results?   Sorry for lots of questions, I'm just trying to

remember our past chats.

Lisa how's work, are you still working from home?   How are your parents, and you all planning a trip away yet?

All from me for now love Carole x 

Lily200

Hello Carole,

I am sorry to hear you are finding this such a tough time, which we all understand. Yes I imagine I am going to go through the same guilt about moaning one day 😞 Its just human nature and after all you are not moaning about your mum. You wouldn't have needed to moan about her. It was the person that dementia and illness had made her and that was not the real her. You know that, so be kind to yourself. My mum used to talk to my dad's photo long after he had gone or you might like to write in a diary as you go through this period of mourning. Then there is something to keep to mark this passing. Do you speak to your sister or the rest of your family regularly? This has made you home sick too and isolated. How about planning for when you can come over and fixing a provisional date? 

Anyway thinking of you and hope you can soon think of happier memories love Lily xx

peacock

Hi all, thanks for your kind thoughts.

I'm still feeling very sad and emotional, as you know, I used to talk to Mum nearly every day. The feelings of not speaking to her, for nearly 3 weeks now is Immense. I miss her so much. Her moaning, her negativity, is such a deep hole for me. Guilty too for moaning about her. I wish I could spend another day telling her i Ioved her.

Her funeral is 26 March, if I am able to go, with current restrictions I will try. Otherwise it will be a streaming service. I've chosen a poem, and some music.  

It's hard to come to terms with.

MrP and myself had our vaccinations yesterday,  Astra Zenica ones.  I've got a sore arm today and feel a bit fluey. Nothing too bad though .

It's difficult with going on with life as she's not here 

Lots of love to you both and thank you for listening. Love Carole xx

Lily200

Hello ladies,

just bumping us up to the top again. Hoping you can get on here ok as it keeps getting reversed again, so annoying. Carole I wanted to ask how you were and about the arrangements for your mum so I could be thinking of you that day, across the water. I hope happier memories are starting to help you get through these sad days.

Lisa have you made any plans for this summer yet? Its tempting and you always mange to do so much. I am quite afraid of being ill abroad. It is such a scary time to be ill. I have a date for my vaccine now which will make me feel a lot safer at work but a bit worried about the side effects some people have to, as only just better from my last problem. Still its nothing compared to what I could get with covid so I am going to hope I'm a lucky one and be very grateful to have it given to me. Victor seriously needs a slap after telling me the person who did his seemed to think it was a javelin argggh. He has been fortunate to not experience much illness at all so I think he is under-estimating how brave us bc girls are having had cannulas shoved up veins. Carole's were put in between her toes from memory in France (that did make me wince, still does) and mine had to go into the artery of my heart. So I think a weeny injection is no match for us 🙂    Thinking of you both love Lily xx

Lily200

Hello, I just read the posts behind this and realised I had not mentioned your friend Lisa. She can't have been very old and what a shock to hear that, for you. I am so sorry to hear that it also made you revisit all the sad memories about Graham and those difficult times. Thinking of you too and hope you, well we all can have some happier days and be able to plan the holidays we love and hug as many people as we want. It seems a little way off still but the vaccines are bringing much hope. I catch the next batch after the big group going through. No vaccines for teachers but I am still at home. Its very hard work doing live online lessons and my eyes are wrecked every day but parents seem very enthusiastic so if it helps the kids and families it is worth it. I would very much like to have had the vaccine and the 3 weeks needed for it to protect you but it seems likely that I will spend every day with 1200 people in narrow corridors and hope I stay safe.  Hugs to both of you. Lily xxx

Lily200

Hello Carole, I am so sorry to hear your news. It sounds like she had no quality of life left but I am sure even though you knew this, it is still a big loss and a gap in your life. I wish I had come on here sooner and I apologise that I haven't been here to support you. Its been a difficult time here too but I still would have liked to talk to you. I hope you can gain some comfort from talking to family. You need some company at a time like this and I hope the  company of your lovely dogs helps too as they often sense when their owners are upset and stay close to them. I assume you will not be able to attend the funeral which is another blow but I hope you can be part of her celebration online. I watched my aunt's funeral online and it was unexpectedly nice and we felt a part of it, just the same. How old was she?  Ask them to put aside some keepsakes from mum that will bring you comfort later on. Cyber hugs Carole xxx

Lisa I am sorry I have not been on here to talk to you too. I am still coming to terms with losing Nicky and every time I come on here it reminds me. In time that will be a good thing. You are right I had tooth trouble but I will say no more until I announce it is done. Mum had to wait ages for her vaccine and we were ringing most days before it eventually happened a week ago. She had a reaction to the vaccine, as expected and the carer dialled 111 who called an ambulance so another dash over there. The paramedic was horrible to the carer and I. She was grumpy and fierce so mum was scared and acted like the downtrodden old lady after giving me weeks of emotional draining and refusing to eat or drink. Her archaic view is that mum being cared for by an expensive agency in her own home (which is her choice) with 4 visits minimum a day and having anything she wants, was in fact mum being not looked after?? At the point she told me I was unkind for not going to a chemist to consult about anti-sickness drugs (that would fit with her massive cocktail of drugs and conditions) despite the fact that I told her that my brother deals with all her prescriptions and drug reviews, I walked out on her mid-sentence. She told mum that nobody could tell her she should eat and not to eat anything if she didn't want to. Mum is currently on the edge of diabetes and has sky high ketones so we have been urged by the GP to get her to eat carbs to combat this and given warning symptoms to watch for. I didn't say anything as I admire the NHS and will just out this down to her having some kind of mental stress. Meanwhile mum has stopped eating again and using it to control people! She has been very kind about my tooth trouble which at least made her think about someone else, which she is at her best in these situations.  Sorry Carole, I didn't know whether to tell you about our latest drama. That's 3 ambulances in under 4 weeks. I did tell the old bag that she was not taking mum in to hospital as she was better at home unless they had something specific to treat her with, and she replied that it didn't really matter what I thought as she had already decided that mum was able to make her own decisions. Mum wanted someone to sit on the end of the bed and watch her snore all night! I waited until she was asleep and went home, needed to for my own sanity tbh. Victor had the Oxford vaccine yesterday as they are now on over 65s and I hope he will feel happier as he has been very worried. This morning he had mild flu symptoms and felt a bit warm but gone during the day, so hopefully ok tomorrow. Lisa I was sorry to hear your brother needs an op. Will he have to wait until the hospitals are clearer? 

Most of all Carole, thinking of you, try to keep busy. Perhaps you could make something to remember your mum by, some needlework that you are so good at or planting something in your garden. Big hugs

Lily xx

lisaf

Oh I'm so so sorry for your news, I csnt even begin to imagine how you're feeling, especially being so far away. Thinking of you xxxx lisa

peacock

Hi girls, just a quick post to let you both know that my Mum passed away yesterday morning. It was peaceful, she went into a deep sleep on Friday and just didn't wake up.

I'm not coping too well, I'm here alone and desperately want to have a hug.

Still, times are difficult for everyone but for me I've lost my Mum, the pain is unbearable.

xxx

lisaf

I'm replying at last so sorry, work has been bonkers to say the least, to the point I've updated my cv lol, working St home for almost a year now but I'm sure this is much safer than you Lily. 

Carol so sorry to hear about your mum, it sounds awful and so sad, I'm sending you big hugs. Great to hear about your daughters house move sounds like a real bargain too. Yeah they are strict about it saying pcr tests ours had to state it when we nipped to tenerife in early December, oh to be back there now..

Lily, I think I've half avoided as I knew there would be tooth talk but jeez I feel for you it sounds awful and painful. Hope you and is it son had good birthday. What are your thoughts on schools going back??

Not much to report here, mam and dad getting their first jab next week thank god, brother been a bit poorly so think he needs gallbladder out but he's been hospital a few times last few weeks. Sadly, a friend of mine died unexpected. I kept in touch with her on social media but hadn't seen her for a few years. We met 16 years ago when husbands died an online forum bit like this and discovered we were like twins and she was actually born in our town, so we met up, I introduced her to her next husband ans then lost a bit of contact and then gor in touch again. She died in her sleep unexpected and it really hit me as she was my contact with Graham and all we had been through together and her last message to me was about how ide saved her life and made her who she was... I couldn't make her funeral so her son has just sent me a recording of it so feel more tears tonight. 

Well been out for a walk so it's bunker down with trashy TV tonight as nothing else to do. Even managed to decorate my bedroom in this look down and made a photo wall collage with pictures ide taken which I love and places I love or mean something 😍😍. Happy weekend both and I've given myself a slap for not being in touch enough xxx

peacock

Hi Lily and Lisa

Hoping this finds you both well?   As a teacher Lily have you had a vaccination yet?  The UK is way up on the list of countries that have given the vax compared to France who is at the bottom.

How is your toothache Lily?   I don't know if it will help but when I've had toothache, I've rinsed my mouth with a spoonful of whisky, then I spit out as I don't like whisky and wouldn't drink it.   I guess if you like whisky then you get the best of both worlds 😂. Has your daughter had her biopsy results yet?

My Mum spent a week and half in hospital being given fluids and ABs intravenously.   She remained stubborn and wouldn't eat, so the hospital decided there was no medical reason to keep her in. An infection hadn't even been diagnosed although something was wrong with her blood test, but no explanation given.

She was sent back to her care home last Friday, and everyone hoped she would perk up.   On Sunday the doctor did a video call with mum and my sister, and it was decided to put her on end of life care.   I can't bear the thought that her body is suffering, all the family have telephoned her, we've all said goodbye but she continues to live, but can't now move by herself, she spends a lot of time sleeping, she can't swallow so the only relief to her dryness is a wet sponge lolly. The dr hasn't given a time frame, but I imagine she can't continue like this for much longer.   She hasn't yet been given any medication for pain, but I think not being able to swallow must cause distress. Sometimes life is so cruel, and with it dying too.

Mr P is now back at work, a lot of our local roads are flooded and the Dordogne river, along with many other rivers have burst their banks in some places.

I'm in the middle of making tomato soup, so better get back to it. Love Carole xx

Lily200

Hello Carole and Lisa,

Carole what a bother about those 3 letters and I bet he paid a lot for a private test too. Some are £250 here. He will have to keep an eye on the changes. How exciting for your daughter to be moving to a house now, will there be dogs next? I wondered if there was a reason to move. I know you are all dog fans like us.

The thing on the hand sounds difficult to cope with during the day but if it works then it will be worth it. I think you should buy ready prepared veg until you are much better, to save the effort. I have quite a lot of discomfort from having a shattered tooth root dug out. It was quick but I had a swollen face and the nerves are screaming in protest. I rather overdid the tablets to get a sleep last night and I woke up rested and it had calmed. Only soft foods for a few days though and a lot of treatment to come as they discovered there was no bone at all underneath. I am rather scared as they need to graft some in. Not thinking about that. Our birthdays all coming up. I hope you can still have a nice day despite the restrictions.  Hugs Lily xxx

peacock

Hi Lily and Lisa, I hope this finds you both coping well with the new lockdown, it looks like we will be in lockdown from the weekend again.

Mr P had a saga to return home last week, he had an NHS Covid test first 3 days before his return, it was negative but the ferry company wouldn't accept it because the paperwork didn't say PCR! This was  very frustrating for us both as we found out the rules had changed on 19 January. So he stayed with our Son for 2 nights and.    in the meantime had to pay for a private test, which took just about 12 hours to complete and again was negative, but actually said PCR!!!   3 little letters made all the difference.

He arrived home Sunday morning.  Today I had my follow up visit to the hand specialist, all is ok but I have to wear a frame thing over 2 fingers, 6 times a day to stretch the fingers which is painful at the moment. On the other hand using my hand to cook, chop veg etc is now much better.

Mum is still in hospital, but they are talking about sending her back to her care home tomorrow. She has improved a bit, no infection or other issues except the dementia, she is still very confused but I suppose this will never get any better.

YD moved to her rented 3 bedroom house yesterday, believe it or not she's paying 25 euros more for a big house with garden and garage than she paid for a tiny flat.   She is busy with work so is doing well. We are so proud.

Hope you are both doing well and all your families too.   Love Carole xx

Lily200

Hi Lisa and Carole,

I tried to post on here the other day and we were back at the start again grrr. Who keeps mucking it around so you can't post? Anyway it was good to hear from you. The 3 musketeers no or is it 3 little pigs 🙂 

We were all very excited about seeing snow and got none on the ground at all. if you looked very carefully you could see a few flakes in the breeze once or twice. Kids are very disappointed. I don't mind as easier to get around. What is the weather like with both of you?  I have the dentist this week yuk. Pretty certain I am starting on another giant bill as I have another sheered off crown. It is horrible and had to wait a while to get in to see him. Mum quite a bit better. How is your mum Carole, as she was not well.

Sorry its a quick post but then not much you can do to talk about. We had another of the children's birthdays and I stood outside and watched him open them all, best I could do. Love Lily xxx

lisaf

..ddies from May - moving on

Hi all, soz been absent been busy and keep forgetting. Slapped my own wrist and ready for a good read and catch up tomorrow ❤️❤️

Lily200

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hello Carole, a belated happy birthday and I hope you managed some nice calls from the rest of the family and a few pressies before your mum's condition took over everything. How well I recognise this situation. I spend a lot of time looking at my mother with her eyes shut so I am not sure if this means anything or just a sign of staying at a low level of existence. Keep us posted as it must be such a worry when you are abroad, not that anyone could see her. I hope she is at least comfortable and things like urine infections knock oldies for six. I will be thinking of you. I think mine is pulling out of the latest chaos in everyone's lives as she could not possibly have enough energy to be so mean and moody if she was heading into a coma. I think!  I have been pushing the boat and really working on all the family to make more contact with her. Even giving them her very topics and telling them to chat about seeing her when she has had her vaccine. Organising rotas to call her at lonely times of her day. I managed to get some people to be able to see her through the window briefly without breaking any self distancing rules or risking her. I really tried to give her a great morning, She thanked me and said it had made such a difference. Next day I rang she told me to shut up and go away and put the phone down on me. Do you know what I mean when I say its hard to keep putting yourself through this over and over and to not let it overwhelm you? So I didn't call at all for a day, took a risk she wouldn't pop off in that time. Then called in today to see her and she was pleased to see me. Well for 5 minutes then went eyes shut again. My brother can't think of her going but I can't bear to think of having dreadful memories of unkindness, which he doesn't get, just me really. That would be worst for me, if she has had enough. She keeps saying she has. Anyway, sorry that was a bit deep and very gloomy but that is where I am at the moment. No sign of a vaccine coming her way despite the surgery giving them to people in group 4! If you can't get there, tough luck at the moment. Hoping it will turn around very soon. The surgery have both vaccines. Carole I am hoping for the best for both of them and when it happens one day, it being peaceful and easy for them. 

Lisa how are things with you? I really think you should get another dog. You were so fond of Robbie. Any chance? How are the family? Hope they are keeping well. I have raging toothache and it looks like another major disaster and many appointments at you know where !!! I think the chemo wrecked my teeth or maybe it was me too as I love chocolate. I need a difficult extraction but they can't fit me in for a bit 😞 Think its heading for an abscess. Well we have last Easter's holiday rolling round again and it just doesn't look like we will get it this year either. I would like to book things and have found a week on the coast in July too but I am not willing to pay the deposit, in case the firm goes under before then. They want 50% deposit so quite a lot to lose. Anything planned you two? I am looking at my postcard of the Spanish steps and the Colosseum and feel like Rome is calling me. We watched a lovely documentary about a lovely rail journey through Sicily and thought yes we will definitely go there. Then they talked about waking up all the time and finding volcanic ash everywhere and we were slightly put off. Have either of you been? 

Well I better go now as my tablets are making my tooth be quiet so I can sleep. Carole I hope things improve for mum Love Lily xxx

peacock

Hi girls, an update on my Mum. No improvement since my last post. Last night she had a weak pulse, so on doctors advice she was sent by ambulance to A&E. So far they are treating her with fluids and antibiotics, although they don't actually know if she has an infection. I suspect that as she's basically been sleeping for 2 weeks, she's malnourished and dehydrated. So at least the hospital are treating her for something.

Stay safe and hope storm Christoph avoids you both. Love Carole xxx

peacock

Morning from a very frosty, but blue sky France.   I much prefer days like this than grey and wet.

Lily you mention a pup and an older dog?   When did you get the pup, or have I missed something.  Has your Mum had her jab yet and how did your uncle fair, any side effects?

As it was my birthday yesterday I did a skype call to Mum, I wish I hadn't.  She just looks so awful, propped up in bed and all she does is still droop her head and keep her eyes closed.   Her sight wasn't brilliant before all this, so I'm wondering, as I believe it can happen, if someone completely loses their sight they're not aware that they're eyes are closed. My sister and I will query with her home Manager but like you say Lily, a doctor won't go to see her, so I doubt an ophthalmologist will either. I feel so sad that she is likely to end her days like this. We believe she has given up.

Lisa hope you and your family are all staying safe, have you had snow or the floods?

Love Carole xx

Lily200

Hello buddies,

we saw snow for the first time today but it did not last long, just very inconvenient trying to get shopping for everyone else I shop for and get in and out all their houses without getting soaked. Roads were a bit flooded but not oo bad. Our garden is like a bog and under water. Our stream is close to overflowing but the house is up much higher ground so it doesn't matter. Dogs getting very wet feet though. The pup was scared of the snow and ran straight back in, so I had to send our oldy out with her for some confidence, That worked.  Lisa I heard your town mentioned on the news and about how well they have got on with vaccinating 🙂  Brilliant.    Carole you are describing exactly how my mum is before the vaccine!!!! Heaven help us. She is very weak, very low and not wanting to be here, which I find incredibly difficult to accept. The shingles has destroyed her really and left terrible pain in her head and eye so not easy. No dr will come and see her. Its stay home on your own or call an ambulance. No other choice. She is also refusing to eat or drink some days so I have had to sadly say to the family, you might like to try to talk to her because she can't go on like this. They haven't seen her for months and they lift her spirits. She can't even hold the phone for long. I'm coming to terms with her having dropped to an even lower level but she could bounce back if she ate. She is master of her own destiny at the moment. Seeing family walking round her room a lot, is that a sign?  Love to you both. Lily xxx

peacock

Hi Lisa and Lily

Good news Lily that your uncle has been vaccinated, and I would say be prepared when your mum gets it.

My mum had a vaccination a week ago, she's had a rough time with fatigue. Some days she won't get up, some days she goes back to bed, i skyped her today and she couldn't open her eyes and barely spoke. She seems completely out of it. When she does speak she's talking about living with my nan, who died 25 years ago.   It's very worrying as she doesn't seem to be getting over it. The warnings are barely mentioned but maybe Mum is one of the unlucky ones.

Lily it's ED who had the vaccination as she works in a care home. Her arm suffered but she didn't have any other side effects.

Our young granddaughter is still going to playschool which surprised me as schools are closed, why not play schools?

Our weather was cold and dry for a few days, yesterday we had snow which soon turned to rain, so we are now in wet, milder climes.

To think a year ago I was planning Mr Ps birthday to Italy, in the end we went to Spain, just before the world went into pandemic mode.

Lisa how are you getting on? Have you had snow? Hope your parents are staying safe.

All from me for now love Carole xx

Lily200

Hi Carole and Lisa,

how are you? Lisa have you had much snow yet? Nothing here but I have to spray the windscreen every morning for a light frost. Carole what sort of temperature do you have over there?  

Carole I am happy to hear about your troubles with your mum too, makes me feel like I am not the only one! I made a big effort yesterday to make a nice visit and she closed her eyes and told me to go away and leave her alone! i told my brother that was it. I was done. So he must have been working behind the scenes and reasoning with her, as she was very nice to me this morning. Never know what reception you will get when you walk in. She will get the oxford vaccine as soon as her surgery start home visits for the housebound. My uncle had his second pfizer a week ago so is pretty much protected now. I had to drive about 7 miles to get it but as I've been told he has zero chance if he gets it, I was happy to be given the option. Lisa will your parents be eligible to get it fairly early? I can't remember how old they are. Carole if mum is in a home, she will be getting one pretty soon too as they are visiting care homes first. Carole you mentioned your daughter getting a vaccine, is it because she works in a school as she is in the safe, younger group from what we get told? There is a campaign starting for teachers and school staff here to get it. It makes sense as the schools can't stay open without enough staff, if they are keeping schools open as a priority. Plus if they got on with it while we are off, the 2 - 3 weeks after the vaccine, before you have protection would have started to pass.  Who knows what will happen. My daughter works with early years children so she had to go to work. She wasn't happy but said she felt ok when there. Her children stayed home with their dad, who was trying to do his job and zoom calls and having a bit of a nightmare trying to combine the 2 jobs ha ha. 

I am not keen on a patch of grey appearing in my hair so I have enlisted son to dye my hair tomorrow. I have not done a home dye before so a bit apprehensive. I've tested it on my arm today and no reaction so far. I bought one of the ones to just blend roots just in case it is not the right shade for the rest of it. I couldn't see much difference in the shades on the boxes. Will let you know how it goes. I am a bit scared but as I don't really go out there is time to sort it out if I need to. Its surprising how much losing your hair colour varies. I saw my neighbour, who is quite a bit younger than me go past with a huge completely white patch on the top of her head. I still have  lot of dark hair with greys bouncing in all over the place. They look like they might be curlier too, which might be fun. How are you both getting on without hairdressers?

Love to all. Lily xxx

peacock

Hi ladies

Lily I do feel for you with the problems you have with your Mum, reading what you described, I could've said exactly the same about my Mum. She hasn't really improved much since being put back on the dementia drug. She still wants to go home, she has lost the ability to use her TV remote control, and never answers her own phone anymore. She hides things and then blames the carers for stealing them.  The carers deserve a medal!   She does still remember me thank goodness.   You mention about your Mum ringing you up in the night, apparently this is a common dementia thing, and often phone 999, that is when it becomes serious. My Mum now often asks my sister (not me yet) why my Dad hasn't taken her home.   Sorry that my reply turned out to be a moan about my Mum, I'm just trying to empathise with you and yours xxx

Lisa how are you getting on with work, are you now working from home again?   Any snow yet?   Hope your dad will be in line for a vaccine sooner than later. Even though not guaranteed to keep people safe, it must be a bit of reassurance.

Our son had a covid test yesterday because he had mixed with someone who tested positive. Thankfully he is negative. YD had a test because she works in 2 schools she was negative. She will be in line for one of the first vaccines here in France, which I think are starting today with Care Home staff and residents.

I woke up today to a complete white mass, and freezing fog.   Not snow just frost but it did look pretty. take care girls love Carole xx

Lily200

Hello Carole and Lisa,

Happy new year to you. Carole I had no idea you were going through so much worry and how lovely when you realised he would be back in time for Christmas 🙂  I am not noticing the restrictions now it is so cold. The family do drive past or cycle past the house and stop but its freezing which restricts the minutes you can stand being still. I am really busy with mum being very ill and bordering diabetes now and diabetic necrosis they say, because she has refused to eat hardly since the shingles. She is like a lunatic living in a dream, talking about driving her car in bed and talking to people in historic costumes walking about her house!  I would worry more if she didn't snap out of it and know every single word every dr had said to her and knowing exact times of everyone visiting her over days. Its probably a reaction to a drug which she often has or the mild water infection. All I know is, she is killing me by ringing me in the middle of the night talking rubbish, so I can't get to sleep.   None of us can work out what is real and what is exaggerated, another thing she does a lot.  I have been there every day but very often she will shut her eyes and not even speak to me. She has been warned how ill she is and immediately started eating again but small amounts. Says she can't even stand and then the carer say she walked to have her lunch. Who knows what is going on! My uncle has had his 2nd covid vaccine so at least he has protection. He was at the very top of the shielded people so that is a relief. I'm hoping he can visit mum before too long. She missed her vaccine as had this other infection. They are keeping me very busy and now its work starting again. I have just been told I can work from home after saying over and over I don't want to go in. Its a ton of work this time as they want a lot more done for every class so i will be on a screen the whole day. 

Lisa there is no ppe in schools here. My daughter is in a reception class and they just have hand sanitiser not allowed masks even. Although they are having masks after Christmas and we are in a high risk area now after having almost nobody with it. I think that is why so many more now as we just didn't know anyone who had it. I have had to wear a mask and distance all the time in secondary, only taking my mask off when everyone far enough away. I even have to wear mine outside at work. She has had none. I'm glad you both managed a nice Christmas  . It helps you battle on through the colder months. No snow at all down here but I looked out my gloves as so much colder. I left a message on Nicky's mobile but I don't think anyone will see it. Yes the service is recorded and online for a few weeks Carole, if you follow the link from Helen. I really don't think she knew until very late, if at all because of the sudden stop of communication. I hope she wanted it that way as we were in such a mess with the thread at that critical time. I feel like her spirit is still with us and she would be telling us to plan trips as soon as it is safe to go. Happy new year buddies love Lily xxx

lisaf

Hi both, carole I think you can still log on. Lily I agree it felt like her but a different person too and I blubbed a lot.. Here's to May more threesome xmases. 

Oh we are in tier 4 now with you lily, feel for our wee town we're the second lowest district in the whole country but some other districts high nd the amount of folk travelling here from other tiers for Xmas in lakes with snow is unreal, mountain rescue is at their wits end and we have such small hospitals. 

Lily, that's my fear my dad picks kids up sometimes from school if weather too bad and it's a big worry there's 100 in each of their bubbles so one kid gets it whole year off. I can't belive you have no PPE, my sis in law works in infants school and she has apron, mask, gloves, mask and visor full kit drpenidn gon what they are doing so I really feel for you and don't blame you being and feeling nervous... 

Well let's hope we have a brighter year and safer all xxx attached this as thought you might like it... 

Screenshot_20201230_194816.jpg

peacock

Hi Lily and Lisa, sorry for not wishing you both a nice Christmas, for some reason I couldn't log on again.  Anyway Lily, I'm sorry that your Christmas was so challenging, and so different for many reasons.

Lisa how nice for you that you had a family Christmas no doubt plenty of food and drink on offer.

We had a few worries just before Christmas because Mr P finished work on 21 December, and what happened on 21st?????   France closed its border to anyone from the UK.   On top of that Mr P and myself spent many hours on the internet and phoning, trying to get him a rapid covid test. This was like trying to find a needle in a haystack!   Eventually he found a private one at a cost of £225, just what you don't need to spend a day before Christmas Eve.   So he arrived home on Christmas Eve and the rest of our Christmas was wonderful, just us and YD, lovely. He is worth every penny of £225 lol

I guess you're both on the highest tier now?   Or is it a full lockdown?   At the moment for us we are free to go anywhere, wearing a mask.   The attestation has to be completed if travelling between the hours of 8pm and 6am.

Our weather has been cold and wet. No snow even though it is cold enough.   How about your weather?

I'm sad to say I missed Nicky's funeral, is it too late to watch now?   However, it does sound like it was a sad and happy commemoration.   

So this is to wish you both a very Happy New Year, and let's hope 2021 is nothing like 2020! Love to you both Carole xxx

Lily200

Hi everyone, yes we had Christmas all figured out and then lost it and not able to see anyone on Christmas day except one of my 2 oldies. We were so upset as had lots of quarantines and last minute everyone came back negative. We were all so excited. Then we went into tier 4 ................................................

We were trying to send food to everyone in the family that had not planned to be cooking and had no food. Half a chocolate gateau in some cases. I was loaded with food so passed quite a bit on. Still trying to eat it. Working in school is pretty scary right now. It feels selfish to say it really as we have jobs and we are not in the highest level of risk like the medical and caring professions but we don't get any ppe. I share my hand sanitiser with everyone else who uses the sane rooms and hits the lid with their hand! My school are pretty good but most around us have folded with so many kids with no symptoms at all. Completely well and carrying out round everywhere. Most people find out when the parent or grandparent gets it and is very ill. Do not let any children too close to your oldies. You really cannot tell they have it. 

Did you watch the funeral today. I was there too if you were online, sitting at the back quietly. Very strange hearing about the life of someone you know well emotionally but not at all about other parts of their life. Her daughter's beautiful poem, how Nick would have felt to hear that. i hope she told her. I think she would have. I tried to celebrate our friendship but its hard not to think about what we have lost too .Our dear friend. Another dear friend. And then there were 3. Hugs buddies love Lily xxx

lisaf

What a lovely service for nicky, I cried a lot but also laughed and smiled xxx

lisaf

Oh big hugs lily, I didn't realise you were in t4 so I bet it was really hard at Xmas and it sound very stressful with your mum and uncle added in too. It's really hard. We were in quarantine until Xmas day so managed a nice family day probably the last for some time but was lovely. I just wish they'd roll out the vacinne sooner especially the Oxford one. It sounds like a nightmare at your school, up here the bubbles are a whole school year so it's bonkers, but omg why would they expect you to do the tests you're up close and personal enough xxxx here's to a safer 2021 and I'll be watching on Tuesday too. 

Carole hope you're doing okay too 😍😍😍

Lily200

Hi Lisa and Carole, hope you managed some happier moments over Christmas. Its been tough not seeing any of the family but we managed a few drive pasts and zoom each day. Mum still very ill from the shingles and exhausting my brother and I tying to persuade her to eat or drink. She's sick all the time because she won't eat but has to have tablets. Now unable to walk again and she had cancelled most of her care this xmas, been tough at times. Had my uncle with dementia here both days as his support bubble. He had no meals for xmas and is not safe to cook anything. He was very sweet but it was a very odd gathering. He has us in stitches laughing at the same cracker joke over and over. We split and my brother became mum's support bubble as they couldn't be together. Very tricky to cover everyone and follow tier 4 rules. 

The whole Christmas I've been bombarded with positive covid calls from the last week of school and they are still coming. I have to remember where everyone sat and if anyone moved or of I was near anyone, going back 10 days!! I feel like I have a target on my back, so many in my classes. School kids are just walking spreaders at the moment as they literally have no symptoms. I thought it was an exaggeration until one came back and told me, he had no idea at all and had sat in my class for 2 days with it. They are completely well and then pass it to  their parents or grandparents who become ill and that is when they test everyone and  discover the kids are positive. I can't imagine why they think it will be ok to open schools. If enough teachers are ill at the same time, the whole school has to close. My diabetic friend is so worried about being made to go back soon 😞     They were even talking about teachers doing the covid tests on kids. Last time I checked I didn't apply for a medical job so hope that does not go ahead. Really hoping I can be home and teach online before I make one of my family seriously ill.

Sorry its very stressful at the moment. I think this terribly sad news about our Nicky has made me much more focused on how fragile we all are. I am planning to watch the service and will be thinking of you all. We also lost an old chap last week but he was 97 and so much easier to celebrate such a long innings.

Hugs to both of you. Love Lily xxx

lisaf

Hi all, wishing you a healthy and safe and quiet Xmas. Thinking of nicky's family too xxx

lisaf

You are right it's been hard as been friends for so long, and it's been a while since we've had to deal with this along with yourself meeting her. I 100% think you kept up with her lily she loved the advice from the Dr lily and it was amazing. The fact you got to meet her was lovely too. The photo posted with her grandson was adorable too. You're right she lived life to the full and we need to do the same for her and all others gone too early xxx

Lily200

Hello Lisa and Carole, thank you for asking Carole. Its been tough every time one of our buddies passed and we have had so many go sadly. Nicky was always trying to stay one step ahead of this disease and had an amazing knowledge of the drugs and treatments available. I tried hard to keep up with her journey to support her and to offer ideas when she hit another low point and the bar lowered again. I hope very much it helped. Her going has been the hardest to take so far. I did know the symptoms she told us about meant it was moving to another level but local friends had a lot more time from that point. We may never know exactly what happened. Such a terribly difficult time for her husband, lovely girls and little grandson. I think I have a photo of the 2 of us from when she drove over here so I need to track that down. 

I think most of all we always agreed when that we lost a buddy, that they would want us to have a great time, do things we always wanted to do and enjoy the extra time we have been fortunate enough to be given. Carpe diem as Nicky always used to say. Night night buddy xxx

peacock

Just checking with Lily and Lisa, how are you both? Always here for you love Carole xx

lisaf

Lovely bloody message. She was a total fighter and always thoughtful and appreciative of the time she had, loved her holidays and wee family which I lost track of how many there were. 

In the sadness and frustration we had loads of giggles too and you've just made me laugh about the god hair, that cheered me up that day xxx sleep easy buddy xx

peacock

Couldn't have put it bloody better Lily. We share a great sadness with the loss of Nicky.

Can't say more except what a great lady, and buddy friend Nicky was xxx

Lily200

Hi everyone,

in honour of our much loved friend I am going to do one of my favourite bloody posts.

I was bloody lucky to meet up with a group of bloody fantastic bloody girls who all shared one bloody horrible thing - bloody BC. One of bloody fantastic girls in our group from the word go when i posted, was a bloody fantastic girl Nicky. She became a bloody good friend to all of us and we sailed through bloody chemo together, or the bloody dark hole as we referred to it. We had bloody good laughs through this such as shaving our dogs to stick hair on our bloody bald heads . Nicky had a bloody good idea to see how fast she could bloody drive in he favourite little bloody sports car with the bloody top down to see how fast she could bloody drive without her bloody wig falling off. We had a bloody good laugh that bloody time and laughs and sadness was bloody shared as we kept each other a bloody float through thick and bloody thin. Bloody posts always gave a bit of bloody light bloody relief. How many bloodies could I get in a bloody bloody post? One a bloody moderator bloody told me off for saying bloody. ha ha. Nicky and I met up. I remember her daughters being worried she was driving to meet a total stranger and her saying Lily please don't be an axe murderer? I also visited her at her old home and she was bloody amazing.

We have lost so many bloody fantastic people in our thread to this bloody disease but we bloody salute them all. Bloody Carole, bloody Lisa and bloody Lily - we soldier on, remembering or friends every day.

Fight on everyone xxxxx

lisaf

Thank you Helen. I had posted last week and my messages had gone. Thanknyou xx

helen44

Dear ladies,

Please check your PMs - I have sent you a message.

Helen x