Excessive sweating whilst taking letrozole

hi you lovely ladies

i wonder if any of you have suffered from excessive sweating whilst taking letrozole I seem to just drip and drip it’s horrible and embarrassing. I have contacted my gp who has suggested going on fluxotine I wonder if anyone can tell me if this actually helps 

thankyou

Hi coffeebean, I did have that side effect to begin with but it was much reduced after 2 months. I’ve noticed it’s worse after drinking coffee (no way would I give up my morning coffee though, sounds like you’d agree from your name!) or after an alcoholic drink, or on hotter days. I’ve found it helps a lot to stick on the same brand of letrozole as when the chemist gave me different brands the side effects seemed to start all over again. You can ask your doctor to specify a certain brand. Made a big difference for me. I’ve also noticed the hot flushes are worse if I’ve put on a few pounds, which is annoying. I’ve heard the hot flushes happen when your body is adjusting to lower hormone levels, so at least, in a way, you know the pills are doing their job.  Maybe you could try a different brand of letrozole or one of the other aromatase inhibitors before going on fluoxitine (not sure of spelling, but I have heard a low dose antidepressant can help with hot flushes). I take my letrozole (Accord) at night as my nurse said the highest levels should be when I’m asleep so they bother me less. I had sweats/flushes with the menopause before all this too, and they came back with taking letrozole, but I’ve found, and have heard others say too, that it does settle down. I think it’s really worth keeping on with taking letrozole. Hope this might have helped you a bit

Hi, I am the same regarding sweating it’s horrible.  I have noticed my chin area is quite swollen since I’ve been on letrozole is that anything to worry about? I would appreciate anyone’s thought, thanks. 

I am taking letrozole also, the flushes can be quite bad at times, I am also on zoladex injections once a month for the next 5 years, designed to put me straight in to the menopause due to my breast cancer was estrogen receptive.