Fibromyalgia

Hello I have just been given a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after going to doctors 21 times since January. I have had most of the symptoms for over 4 years ie falling over sleepless nights aches and pains dizzyness, i went to GP a few times and was under the falls clinic but i just got on with it. Since having surgery for breast cancer these symptoms have escalated and the pains are sometimes unbearable. I was told thzt the Letrozole was causing the joint pain but i was taken off it for 4 weeks and i was no different. I have been reading about fibromyalgia and it can be cause through surgical procedures and breast cancer is know to cause some people to develop fibromyalgia. I had symptoms before the cancer but I believe having had the surgery 2 years and 3 months ago this has caused me to have full blow fibromyalgia. I am very angry that I have been made to feel that there was nothing wrong with me as I have had many tests ,scans and x-rays that were mostly ok.I am on anti depressants as I thought I was going crazy. I am 62 years old and have felt 92 for months. Very fed up x xxx

Hi Julie
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year, similar symptoms to you and had no idea The Treatments for BC could cause such devastating side effects
I am now 58 with the joints and movement of a VERY Old Lady !
I was eventually diagnosed by rheumatologist was never mentioned by Oncology despite repeated visits, because of levels of pain have been scanned for secondary Cancer but now my question is, As I now suffer so much pain all over my body how will I ever know if I I do have Secondary Cancer ???
I had 5cm lump in left breast, 12 cancerous Lymph node and 2cm lump in left breast
Had double mastectomy, chemo, 27 Rads Tamoxifen and now Letrozole
Oncologist wants to discharge me ???
Without checks I feel I will never know if my Cancer returns as Fibromyalgia disguises all normal symptoms!
Hate to be a moaning mini but feel cast adrift and totally on the scrap heap and in Pain !

I sadly had to give up my job as Chef at a Stately Home due to The Fibromyalgia… Despite working whilst on Chemo (abet reduced hours) lost my home and income.
Think it should be noted as a side effect
Good Luck Julie and hope you get some relief x

Hi Julie, I was diagnosed with ME then Fibro 20 years ago. I also have an under active thyroid. What I was told is that all my symptoms are x3 now. I’ve also found since being on Tamoxifen I have found my symptoms are exaggerated more. Mind you I am 67 now, so old age is kicking in too. Everything seems to overlap now. I get good days and bad days but do try to stay positive! It’s hard but it does help x