HELP WITH TREATMENT FOR BREAST CANCER

Hi

Diagnosed with invasive lobular carcinoma . I had mastectomy and Diep flap reconstruction. The results came back has invasive lobular carcinoma also they did see some cell changes lobular carcinoma in situ and ALH I asked if they would be any in other breast which I had a reductionon and I would have thought they would have seen it but told benign features. Also told it doesn’t mean because I have it in one breast  it would be in the other.  The tumour grade is 2  45mm ER8  Her2neg. T2N0M0. The lymph nodes were clear. Went to see consultant  regarding treatment the Oncotype score is 12 with 1% survival benifit of chemo they said the trail performed to obtain these results didn’t have large numbers of patients with large tumours the size which I had. They looked at PREDICT system which showed benifit of 3% -5% . They said in reality they think I lie somewhere in between the two.

Other factors I have lobular cancer which is oestrogen sensitive. They said it may be that I gain more benefit from having anti oestrogen tablet and that is certainly her understanding. Because I have anxiety told to have discussion with oncologist to find out about  chemo  I did not speak to named oncologist but someone else which I was disappointed about. They mention the bone treatment chemo  and Anastrozole tablet. I asked with my diagnosed would I need chemo but more or less it’s up to me . So still don’t know what’s best treatment. Chemotherapy or not. Would like to speak to someone who has had the same grade 2 and 45mm 0/1 ER8 Her2neg . Would I need all 3 treatments with my cancer, chemo and bone treatment has well has Anastrozole tablets for 5 years.

Thanks 

Told I won’t need radiotherapy.   

Sorry about going on can’t stop thinking about it.

Hi @G2411  

I hope you are finding the Forum useful so far. There are many people’s experiences here that will hopefully be useful to read through.

I wonder if speaking to our nursing team may be helpful too. If you ever need to talk things through at your pace, you can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).

Or if you prefer to ask something here, you can do so by posting a question in our Ask Our Nurse boards.

Sending our warmest wishes

Bernard

Hello, and sorry I can’t help you that much.

But, it might be of some assistance to know that chemo was recommended in my case, grade 3 invasive, 97mm, O/6, oestrogen pos, HER2 neg, positive lymphovascular Invasion, then Oncotype DX 26. Unfortunately, 26 is just in the category where chemo would be of benefit. Between 18-25 being a grey area, and below 18 considered of no benefit. My NPI was 4.56, which is in the 70% survival rate after five years. I decided to go ahead with my oncologist’s recommendation and having had a portacath insertion last week, due to it now being contralateral cancer, and am starting chemo regime this coming Friday. Also daily self administered GSCF injections, plus anastrazolefor five years and Bisphosphonates.

Could you have a discussion with your breast care nurse? They might be able to help you come to a decision. I am no expert, only my own experience and pathology. Everyone is different. I hope you find someone with more similar pathology to yours, but even so, their treatments may be different. Best wishes, xx