I can't control face colour

Hi, after advice please. Since taking tamoxifen I am unable to control my nerves, when gaining the slightest attention my face burns up. Doesn’t help with the first question being asked in an interview. I have been tested for menopause and I’m not going through it, do you have any advice please of how to control this or have you heard of it happening to others?

Hi PHILLOM,

Thanks for your post.

As you haven’t had a reply from someone in a similar position yet, do feel free to also post your question to our nurses via this board: forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Ask-Our-Nurses/ct-p/Asknurses

If you’d prefer to speak over the phone you can also reach the nursing team on 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Becca at Breast Cancer Care.

Poor you, yes I know that feeling, I am quite pale skinned and have always blushed easily…since Tamoxifen this is much more so. I was already having hot flushes and am now post-menopausal. It’s impossible to tell the difference between a physically induced hot flush and an emotional one due to stress or embaressment. It’s all the same sensation. I notice it is worse in a hot office, working under stress and when having hot drinks. WHen I was in that sort of work I wore Tshirts even in winter, sat near an open window and drank a lot of cold water. What I hated was when it was commented on - so rather than deal with curiosity about my red face I would pre-empt it sometimes by joking  “Here we go, another hot flush!” and fan myself vigourously by the open window while others shivered. 

Poor you, yes I know that feeling, I am quite pale skinned and have always blushed easily…since Tamoxifen this is much more so. I was already having hot flushes and am now post-menopausal. It’s impossible to tell the difference between a physically induced hot flush and an emotional one due to stress or embaressment. It’s all the same sensation. I notice it is worse in a hot office, working under stress and when having hot drinks. WHen I was in that sort of work I wore Tshirts even in winter, sat near an open window and drank a lot of cold water. What I hated was when it was commented on - so rather than deal with curiosity about my red face I would pre-empt it sometimes by joking  “Here we go, another hot flush!” and fan myself vigourously by the open window while others shivered. 

Hi, it’s a nightmare isn’t it, I’ve tests to see if it is menopause but that’s a no. Interviews are the worst I think you’re right slightest bit of stress and it flares up. I wanted to see if there was anything out there that would contradict it so I could get through an interview without doing that. Don’t even have a window that opens in our office ?