cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint and muscle pain

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Joint and muscle pain

Am on letrozole I was fine for a few months but now on painkillers and ibruprofen gel shoulder semi frozen. Mornings are worst . On this another 9 years so trying to find out ways of improving joint situation hands also bad - and not the side I had surgery . That arm has lymphodoema .... 

Highlighted

Hi Rosem

I too have joint pain, fingers, elbows, knees & hips. My chemo finished in December and I wondered if it was a late side effect (pain started in March), spoke to a chemo nurse who said it wasn’t anything to do with chemo and it sounded like rheumatoid arthritis! Had a blood test as my gp also thought it sounded like r.a, the blood test showed a possibility of lack of vitamin b12 but I need another blood test to check this but because of Covid they don’t want me going to the surgery. 
First thing in a morning I can’t bend my fingers and I hobble about a bit but once I get moving it eases. I wondered if I should take some kind of supplement but not sure. I’m not on any medication apart from Thyroxine for my under active thyroid.

If it’s not one thing it’s another 🙁

Highlighted

rosem

I haven't tried (I am on letrozole, slightly different, but similar joint pain side effect.)  Only because my oncologist said that omega 3 or any fish oil wasn't worth it whilst on letrozole.  I confess I didn't ask any further questions, and assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the effect of letrozole in inhibiting oestrogen was so complete that any supplements wouldn't work.  It will be interesting to hear from Jaybro after she has been on her supplements for longer.

xx

Highlighted

Hi Rosem

Yes and it’s a ‘special’ omega 3 oil taken directly from the algae the fish dine on, thus eliminating the poor fish from the chain. I’ve noticed no change but it is early days. In the meantime, being in agony, I saw my GP who’s sent me for a raft of blood tests that might indicate causes, rather than just blaming the anastrozole (or zometa infusion). His view was that chemotherapy and hormone therapy may trigger auto-immune responses that actually cause the joint and muscle pain and there’s no need to put up with it. I’m awaiting the results (and trying acupuncture) before giving up in despair!

Highlighted

Joint and muscle pain

Has anyone tried omega 3 capsules to help with joint and muscle pain from anastrozole, and if so, has it helped. Thanks x