Lump under diep scar

Hi all.

It’s been a long time since I last posted anything. To be honest I’ve not had any issues until recently.

I was diagnosed Nov 2013 with stage 3 idc and had a mastectomy with recon. That failed and I ended up with capsula contractor so in dec 2018 I had the diep flap reconstruction. Had some trouble with healing in the tummy area and ended up with some necrosis but it heal eventually and I’ve had not trouble since. I’ve had 2 fat transfers, again with no issues. This last few weeks a lump has developed under the scar tissue on the breast (flap). I’m not concerned it’s the cancer back as its movable and painful sk I was thinking something surgery related. Has anyone else had a similar issue. Luckily for me I’m back at the plastic surgeon on Monday so hopefully I wont wait too long to find out. I’ve also emailed the BCN so she can let my surgeon know in case he wants an ultra sound ordering before I arrive.

Thanks

K

Hi Kander,

Thank you for your comment. Sorry to see no one has replied to your question yet, however, if you want you can post this on our Ask Our Nurses board, where a nurse can give some support. Hopefully, someone will be along shortly to pick up the conversation.

Sending you our best wishes,

Saskia