Moving Forward Online - keeping in touch 1 February starters

12 REPLIES 12
Beside the seaside

Re: Moving Forward Online - keeping in touch 1 February starters

Thanks Anne, would be great to have a zoom catch up x

Anne1623
Volunteer

I’d love to keep in touch with people too.  I’m trying to set up a Zoom meeting - maybe for Monday evening? If you’d like to join in please do send me your email address in a private message and I’ll send a link round. Hope everyone is doing well and hope to see you all soon 🙂 

Anne1623
Volunteer

Hi Benita

I’m trying to set up another Zoom call for Monday evening.  I do hope you might like to join us? Please do drop me your email address if you’d like me to send you the link.  Please do reach out when you’re ready to, and hope things are feeling a little brighter x

Anne1623
Volunteer

Hi Karen How are you? Hope all is well.  I’m trying to set up a Zoom for Monday evening next week.   Please do drop me your email address and I’ll send it to you.  Apologies if you have already 

Chey

Hi all, 

Counselling sounds like a good idea, I haven't managed to find that but I have found a really helpful book, it is called 'The Cancer Survivor's Companion - Practical ways to cope with your feelings after cancer' it is by Dr Frances Goodhart and Lucy Atkins.  

Have a lovely weekend. 

Take care x

RachLaskari

Hi,

Yes I agree with you Fiona that the emotional part seems to be pretty tough - I had some counselling which helped me to learn a few coping mechanisms, and I'm making a bigger effort with self-care than I previously had (work, kids, domestic chores seem to fill up your time, don't they!) Planting seedlings is a lovely idea. I try to make sure that I'm doing things to help with the side effects of treatment too - daily stretches and walks, baths for my achy joints, and when things are a bit more 'normal' I'm looking forward to booking a massage. I'd be interested to hear what other ladies do that they find helpful.

Take care,

Rachel x

Beside the seaside

I guess to keep in touch we can just use this thread to chat, share experiences and ask any questions.  

So Benita mentioned positive thinking.  I’m definitely realising that the emotional part is going to take the longest and self care is going to be really important.  I’ve started having some counselling through my work which is difficult but helpful.  I planted some seeds this week, which always seems like an optimistic act and I know I’ll be happy to see any tiny seedlings that poke through the soil.  And as my kids are back at school full time and I have days off again this week, I’ve started doing couch to 5k, used to jog before treatment and know it helps my mental health as much as anything and am feeling quite a sense of achievement at running for 8 minutes (not consecutive, spaced out with walks in between). 

Take good care all, Fiona x

ChavaKSMc.

Hello everyone ,

I have to admit that I am completely baffled as to how to keep in touch as can’t see the direct email me thread to click on, so just replying to this post. 

Hope all ok and taking each day as it comes knowing that spring is bursting out.

Karen🌼

Benita

I’d like to keep in contact somehow. I feel very lost so would be good to try and work on positive thinking. How do I join?

Beside the seaside

Hi, hope you’re all having a good week.  Would be lovely to keep in touch with folk from the course.  I don’t have close friends who have had breast cancer, and as lovely as they are it’s good to talk with people who have been through similar experiences x

ChavaKSMc.

I am happy to keep in touch too. Wednesday evenings preferable but would try to join in on a Thursday if the majority goes for that? Keep safe and well everyone. 

Karenx

RachLaskari

Thanks for setting the thread up Tracey and Anne - I'd like to keep in touch with the other ladies in our group so think this is a great idea 🙂 x

TraceyJ_BCN

Moving Forward Online - keeping in touch 1 February starters

Hi,

If you have attended one of our online events and would like to continue chatting, you can set up a thread like this one. Don't forget it is on the main Forum, not a private group, so if you are sharing personal details like a Zoom link, do this by DM. You can check the 'email me when someone replies' box at the top right, and tag people using the '@' and then username.

Hope that helps,

Tracey 😊