One soggy Chick. What "little things" mean a lot to you?

Hello all, 

To cut a long story short,  my cancer treatment and recovery has a few highs, lows and crashes along the way.  I have become weary at times of picking myself up only to feel something else trying to knock me back down. 

Anyway,  before cancer,  I was very physically active.  One regular activity I enjoyed was swimming  ?.   It was actually during an after swim shower at the pool, that I found my lump which will be three years this August.  However,  just as I was reaching the end of Herceptin treatment last Spring,  I ended up with a debilitating condition which made trying to swim excruciating. 

After a year,  and some very painful times,  things have gradually improved.  I bit the bullet yesterday and went to the pool.  Yippee!  I can swim again.  It was brill.  I may only have managed about 50 km at a time which is far away from my previous level of swimming 1-2km with no stopping, but I need something to aim at ?.

This may seem a little thing to some people,  but not so long ago I thought my life was just going to be literally painful with every step alongside pain disturbed nights.  And I couldn’t even blame it on the Anastrazole!!

I am sure we all have “little things” that we now appreciate more.  Perhaps you would like to share yours… . .

Best Wishes, 

Chick ? x

Hi Chick1

Thanks for sharing your story. 

I recently finished treatments  and I’m now back to work, part time. 

I really enjoyed my job previously, however it was very tiring, long hours and trying to multi task, whilst taking care of customers.

I am now doing the same job, part time hours on my terms, no more managerial responsibilities, just turn up, do what I enjoy, and go home. 

?