Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwhelming fatigue

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Overwhelming fatigue

Great advice as that is how I am feeling too.Thank you mx

@Seabreeze wrote:

Hi J,

Most likely it's fatigue due to a combination of radiotherapy and starting tamoxifen. Your radio didn't finish that long ago, your body cells have been well and truly zapped...both any remaining c cells and all the healthy ones, so it's understandable that you still have fatigue! Plus you have (if you think about it)actually been through quite a lot over the past few months!

Whilst tamoxifen is hormone therapy, it is also listed as chemo-prevention in the NICE guidelines....

So you might want to let any family members know the above if they expect you to be back skipping and singing all day long!

I'd suggest you also see your GP, mention how you are feeling and ask if they think it'd be a good idea to run an iron blood test. I went backwards about a month or 2 after the end of radio and it turned out I'd developed rather extreme anaemia. I don't think it's typically related to radio, probably more related to a body being under strain! 

I hope you start feeling like you have a bit more energy soon, just be kind to yourself and give it time. And tell those around you to too!

Seabreeze

Hi J,

Most likely it's fatigue due to a combination of radiotherapy and starting tamoxifen. Your radio didn't finish that long ago, your body cells have been well and truly zapped...both any remaining c cells and all the healthy ones, so it's understandable that you still have fatigue! Plus you have (if you think about it)actually been through quite a lot over the past few months!

Whilst tamoxifen is hormone therapy, it is also listed as chemo-prevention in the NICE guidelines....

So you might want to let any family members know the above if they expect you to be back skipping and singing all day long!

I'd suggest you also see your GP, mention how you are feeling and ask if they think it'd be a good idea to run an iron blood test. I went backwards about a month or 2 after the end of radio and it turned out I'd developed rather extreme anaemia. I don't think it's typically related to radio, probably more related to a body being under strain! 

I hope you start feeling like you have a bit more energy soon, just be kind to yourself and give it time. And tell those around you to too!

Seabreeze

Thank you. I'll make contact with my breast care nurse. It helps just to share and know I'm not on my own xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi j, I’m not on tamoxifen but a few ladies I know are and I think different brands of tamoxifen can either suit them better or not. Please ring the nurse line on bcc and also speak to your unit too ❤️ And you make a blooming fuss as much as you like because you are the one who has had the journey and you know if something isn’t right ❤️Glad you’ve popped on and not tried to battle through alone 👭hope that helps a bit 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Overwhelming fatigue

Hey I'm new to this but just wanted to see if anyone feels/has felt like I do. I had a lumpectomy in February then 4 weeks of radiotherapy which I finished 4 weeks ago. I've been taking Tamoxifen for about 6 weeks. I had a couple of weeks of fatigue at the end of my radiotherapy but bounced back pretty quick. So I thought I was over the worst, but then 1 week ago this overwhelming fatigue has hit me. My brain feels like it's going to explode, my eyes ache and the worst bit is I literally can't think. Trying to string a sentence together is impossible. I'm on phased return to work but am struggling to do the simplest things. It's so distressing and frustrating especially when I don't know how long it will go on for.

Friends and family think you should be back to normal but I'm feeling worse and don't want to make a fuss.

Has anyone else experienced this and can offer any advice?

J