cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain from neuropathy

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Pain from neuropathy

I was on amitryptiline for a couple of months late last year, as my feet and hand nerve endings were very lively during the evening and at night. Worked for a while (10mg) and I was supposed to up the dose but started to feel not so great the morning after. Spacey and half asleep. They also didn't continue to help me sleep. A friend's hubby was on them for nerve pain but couldn't take them for the same reason.

One thing that has helped me is the colder weather and rather than exposing my burning feet and hands to the cold (which does feel good!) I've been wrapping up, using an electric blanket too so I'm getting into a warm bed etc. I've actually had almost a full night's sleep some nights, what a treat. I've also just started wearing my gloves out and about too.

Hope you find something to dull the pain, it's very depressing.

Highlighted

Hello. Thank you for your story. I tried CBD oil but the taste was too disgusting and I decided to switch to Kratom. This is just an amazing plant and it helped me get rid of heart problems. By the way, after a couple of days, I immediately felt that the pain in my heart had passed. I was very happy and decided to order a new batch, but the old supplier no longer worked and I had to look for a new supplier. I asked my friends and they said that I can find a bet on kratomgallery.com. There was a lot of detailed information about different suppliers and in the end I found a great kratom at an affordable price.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Try cutting one in half? It was prescribed for tension headaches and it works really well for that. Couldn't take it during the day though as it made me sleepy. So now take it at night and always get a good night's sleep too. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

10mg Sue and it made me feel awful but no impact on pain next day .Do you use it for neuropathic pain or sleep / both ?

Highlighted
Community Champion

It takes abit of getting used to. How much are you taking? Try to cut down? Xx

Highlighted

Hi Jill,

Just to share. The side effects when used as an sleeping aid. xxmelmel

IMG_0997.jpg

Community Champion

It made me feel horribly drugged Sue - within half and hour I was fit for nothing - didn't like the feeling .Felt very drugged til lunchtime -if I try it again will be a much smaller dose I think .

Highlighted
Community Champion

I take it about 8pm, so makes me sleepy a couple of hours later. I do feel abit drugged in the mornings though, but I think that's more to do with the ME as its only a relatively recent thing. It's definitely worth a try if you can manage it xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Sue - I haven't tried it yet as ironically Pain improved last few days - bad again tonight - one hand one foot !!! I will try it - always wary of news meds as I'm very sensitive to medication .What time do you take it so you are not drugged in the morning ? 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill I take amitriptyline for pain. Take it at night and helps with sleep too xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks - I'm not sure whether that would be available here but I will look into it .

Highlighted

Hi Jill1998,

Yes, you know where I live. 😀 I bought the prescribed cream from a local pharmacy for my mom. It was mixed (or made) after I dropped off the prescription.

ps. It is not the branded cream Zyvodol which contains other medical ingredients.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Presume oral form although not collected it yet .Didnt know you could get cream ? Would be worth considering as the pain is localised .

Highlighted

Hi Jill1998,

Just to share. 

By the way, are you given the Amitriptyline in oral form or in cream form?

IMG_0996.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Jaybro - GP has prescribed Amytryptaline today -will give it a try and hope it works .The pain drives me up the wall - like you say it's weird too ,tingling ,coldness burning as well as pain .Sleep would be a wonderful side effect -I hope it agrees with me as I'm notoriously senstive to medication 🤞🤞.

Highlighted

Hi Jill

I was given amitryptiline for severe rib pain several years ago and it was a little miracle. Unfortunately, it had a slight effect on my heart so it’s on my list of drugs not to take. However, my friend had it for shingles with excellent results and no ill effects. As it is an anti-depressant, it does help with sleep too.

I was first prescribed gabapentin for my neuropathic pain (which grew worse the further away from bc treatment I was!). It was quite good in controlling the pain but I got a very dry mouth/throat so I was changed to pregabalin. This is not as effective on the neuropathic pain as gabapentin but brilliant for anxiety so I have kept with this. The neuropathic pain is a lot better and different, more peculiar sensations (like icy water running down my arm) rather than pain. Obviously the pain wiring is still playing havoc in my brain lol. 

I have to say I have gained a fair bit of weight (from a very thin baseline) but this might be the anastrozole as easily as the pregabalin. I just don’t know. As I also have bouts of fatigue, I’d be reluctant to blame sleepiness on pregabalin but once I’m asleep, I’m out for the count. 

I would say give it a try. Neuropathic pain is not only painful but disconcerting and hopefully you won’t need it for long. I hope you find something x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Pain from neuropathy

Looking for people's experiences of what works for pain from peripheral neuropathy .Did Amytryptaline help and with sleep ? Did anyone try Gabepebtin - I'm a bit wary of side effects but pain is meaning I'm getting 2 hours sleep a night at the moment  ☹️