Reconstruction advice

I’m two years on from primary diagnosis and been thinking of reconstruction. I’ve seen my BCN yesterday but feel more confused .I was considering implant as an easier quicker option plus I am only small busted but she didn’t show me many pictures and the ones she showed me were all larger ladies so hard to relate too. I just wasn’t sure about the result and have been thinking of Diep or Ld Flap which seem to give great results .Due to various tummy surgery the Diep may not be an option for me .I’m  50 and been with hubby since 18 extremely happy and he doesn’t really want me to bother .My prosthesis is excellent so am I bring silly i just don’t want to miss the boat on this .Any one happy with implants only or found the various Flap options better. Many thanks.

Hi just reposting for  any answers thanks .

Hi Typical me, I had my mastectomy in December 2018 and had immediate reconstruction with silicon implant. I’m a “larger” lady and at the time of surgery had a 40E bust but have put weight on since so now 44E. 

The implant I had was the largest they could source ( I think it was 660cl ) and has given me a good B cup possibly a C so I’m currently using a balance prosthetic until I have my good side reduced to match.

The implant is fabulous, the shape is spot on and it feels quite natural when I touch it. I have a mesh sling holding it in place and I’m quite happy not wearing my prosthetic as it looks really pert. The imbalance in size is very obvious when I’m naked but no so much when I’m dressed. When I have the reduction done I’m having a nipple created on my implant and will then have a tattoo done.

i didn’t want all the additional scaring from having tissue taken to create the new boob and so far I’m really pleased with the results I’ve got.

Not sure if that helps but if you have any questions I can help with don’t hesitate to get in touch xx Melanie 

Hi TypicalMe

I’ve only just come across this thread - I agree that you may find more answers on the surgery thread. I am also small busted and I had an implant at the same time as my mastectomy, mine too was in a sling thing called Braxon and the implant was also a “pre pectoral” one, so sits on top of the muscle rather than underneath it. I went for the implant option because it was a quicker operation and recovery, but it is a very personal decision. I’m happy with my implant, it’s more rounded than my real one so I use a prosthesis to even things up a bit and in clothes you can’t tell the difference. Happy to answer any more questions.

Evie xx