66.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering shoulder movement and getting rid of cording after surgery for Breast Cancer

8 REPLIES 8
_Pam_

Re: Recovering shoulder movement and getting rid of cording after surgery for Breast Cancer

Hi 

yes will look forward to attending this .

Have emailed you

kind regards 

lynne

Dooney

Re: Recovering shoulder movement and getting rid of cording after surgery for Breast Cancer

hello

I hope you are doing well.  I just wanted to let you know that I am holding a live zoom workshop based on these videos June 19th, 10.30-11.45.  It is a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Haven but I those still dealing with the after effects of surgery can come free, or make a donation if you want to.  The workshop will be aimed at the needs of those who have had surgery but many of my regular students will come too.  Let me know via email pip.yoga@live.co.uk if you are interested and we can go from there.

If not - I hope you are loosening up and feeling well.

best wishes

pippa x

Dooney

Hi Pam

Would you be interested in a free zoom workshop based on those 3 videos on June 19th, 10.30-11.45?  It is a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Haven but those still dealing with the after effects of surgery can come free or make a donation only if you wish to.  Please email me pip.yoga@live.co.uk if you would like to come. I will send you the flyer and we can go from there.

Best wishes to you.

_Pam_

hi

yes vigilance with the movement is key 😉

I find pippa’s yoga sessions soo good for assisting with the cording etc but also very calming

Dooney

Hi Pam

Thank you for being in touch.  Always a pleasure to hear from people.  I do hope you find the videos useful.  I had problems for about a year after the operation which is how these videos came about, but after a year of waving my arms around and breathing I felt much better and I am fine now. It just took a bit of consistent effort to move the trauma and scar tissue out of my body.  It was worth the effort.  wishing you well and I would love to hear how you get on.  x 

_Pam_

Oh my this  is just what I need .

I have cording and restricted / painful movement in my shoulder, after lumpectomy and SNB in December 2020 then radiotherapy in February 2021. Have accessed physio but this is virtual, I was considering sourcing another physio as feel it needs good manipulation to ensure it eases and does not arisen further to cause long term problems . Was surprised you still having problems few years later poor you . Will definitely try these and let you know 👍

Dooney

I am so glad to hear that the video/yoga has been helpful.  Amazing they couldn't find your tattoos!  So many challenges and some unexpected.  Thanks for messaging me and letting me know. xxx

JacT

Just what I needed thank you. My surgery was a year ago and I was healing really well but at my first radiotherapy session (October) they were unable to find my tattoos! 2 and a half hours of my arms above my head has caused a lot of pain and lack of movement in my shoulder. I do my physio at least twice a day and it is getting better thank fully. Will try your yoga thank you

Dooney

Recovering shoulder movement and getting rid of cording after surgery for Breast Cancer

Hi there

I had a mastectomy in 2017 and had recurring AWS or Cording as well as a tightening shoulder over the following two years or so.  I found it vital that I moved otherwise I would cramp up completely! I did all the exercises given by the NHS which were great but I still didn't feel all in one piece.  I needed something more. I found ways to move that rapidly released my shoulder tension and cleared my AWS. I also began to feel whole.  I am a yoga teacher, so I decided to share what worked for me and create three gentle and progressive youtube videos to restore wellbeing and freedom of movement.  The videos start really gentle and get more stretchy as they progress.  The link is below and I really hope that they are of great use to you. Please let me know!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhsiJQv01NLHjzvtbTlKfA0akpdSa2sgp