Rib pain & Fatty lumps

I am getting sore ribs, more so lower down. I had a bilateral mastectomy and no recon. Radiotherapy to left side at Genesis care. Both ribs hurts. In fact the right one hurts more. Had a ct scan and all clear. Is this normal? It was 6 months ago I had surgery.

Also, on my upper abdomen I have got lots of fatty lumps under my skin. They don’t hurt and haven’t grown. 4 seperate doctors have concluded fat necrosis either from surgery or putting in weight from chemo. Ct scan again clear.

May I add the pain is like a burning sensation

Hi lalalottier,

Thanks for bringing this up - I thought it was just me but I have been getting rib pain too, though not severe. It’s good to know that it is more or less normal (whatever “normal” is now). I finished treatment yesterday, and thought it was probably to do with that, but couldn’t work out why it was happening on both sides.

I wonder whether it’s to do with how active you may be? Muscles pulling on the ribs, perhaps, if you haven’t been as active as you were before? Just a wild guess really.

I hope your pains settle down quickly though.

<Empty imported post>

I have just told my Dr today that I keep getting pain over my rib on the side of the op, when I stretch or lean even to clean myself after going to the loo,! it really hurts. Hes sending me for a chest xray but it sounds as if this is normal!  I had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy.