Sensitive veins

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has or had sensitive veins after chemo, I had bc 7 years ago, had all the usual treatment, op, chemo, rads, all went ok, well, as can be expected lol, but during the last 6 months I’ve noticed that where, 9 times out of 10, they used to put the needle in, has become very sensitive, to the point that I don’t even have to touch it, for it to hurt. It’s not all the time, but is very painful when it does hurt, any idea ladies or is it another trip to see a doctor? ? much love Toni xx

Hi Munch,

Only just seen your post, how have you been? 

Always worth getting it checked - I’m going Monday.

I’m just searching the forums as I’m experiencing a few issues with left arm (non surgery side)

6 years after B.C…

Many of my veins were damaged during chemo and surgery (canulas) and from the Picc line becoming infected. Not to mention neutropenia and a d lots of very strong anti biotics intravenously.

I’ve had cramp and aches and pains for some time but over last month or so worse, thought it best to get checked out. Not sure if possible in opposite arm  but it looks and feels very like lymphoedema.

Hope you are doing ok, sorry it took me so long to see your post.

Jx