Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seroma moths after surgery

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Seroma moths after surgery

Hello Beckett, 

As far as I know, and I don't think it very common, but seromas can go on for a while or reappear after certain types of surgery.  I was just happy it was a seroma and not anything else.  Seromas can at times be persistant beggers!

Mine is very small and relatively insignificant in the scheme of things. 

I have not heard about weight loss and seromas.   I am nearer the lower range of my BMI scale. 

I take it that they have checked your seroma etc for infection etc

as you mentioned pain and discomfort.  Fingers crossed for you that it resolves naturally.

Regards again, 

Chick 🐥 x

Highlighted

Hi Chick

2 years after surgery? Is that normal? I'm trying to lose weight as, when I've researched it, seems to be the only reason they can find that correlates to lots of women. Hopefully, this will help.

B x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Beckett, 

Sorry to hear about your situation and discomfort.  I am not in the same position but I have a small seroma coming up from my mastectomy scar.  Initial surgery was just over 2 years ago. At last check theyy did say they could drain it but it would very likely come up again. I have just left it and live in hope that the liquid will reabsorb into body with time. However, mine is relatively small, unobtrusive and I can forget about it for most of the time.

Hope you get relief soon. 

Chick 🐥 x

Highlighted

Hi Beckett, 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this discomfort at the moment. 

As you haven't had a reply from the community yet, feel free to give our breast care nurses a call. You can reach them on 0808 800 6000. 

Take care, Becca at Breast Cancer Care. 

Highlighted

Seroma moths after surgery

Hi, 

I had a right mastectomy on New Year's Eve 2018 with full node clearance. All went well. Had rads 15 sessions after and had 5 months of chemo previous to surgery. After 6 weeks post op I started to develop a swelling around the scar under my arm. It's been drained 3 times but still not gone. It's sore to sleep on so impacting on my quality of sleep. 

Anyone else had this and any advice? 

B x