Shingles

So I finished Herceptin two months ago and yesterday, I was diagnosed with shingles. Apparently it is not uncommon in people who have had their immune systems suppressed.
Come on life, give me a break!!!

Anyone else out there had this? Any tips for a speedy recovery? I am utterly fed up.

Rosie

@rosietd  - I have just seen your message and although I’m not sure I can help, I wanted to send you hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Do call the nurses on here if you have any medical questions - or keep chatting on here whenever you just need to offload. Evie xx

Hi rosietd

Only just seen your message and wished I’d noticed it sooner. How are you going on with your Shingles?? Whereabouts on your body is it affecting?? Body, face, mouth?? I don’t doubt, you’re probably already aware it’s caused by the same Herpes Zoster virus, that also causes Chickenpox and cold sores. I know of a natural essential oil remedy that can greatly help, that is particularly effective against viruses.

I’m of a medical background, but also trained in Aromatherapy/Essential Oils, many years ago. I bought some of this oil for a friend who was getting married, and broke out in a cold sore, a week before her wedding. Dried it up within a few days. Also bought it for two neighbour’s, who had developed a shingles rash around the middle of their body.

Much with Herpes, is about attacking it EARLY on in the cold sore or skin rash stage. Usual medical cream is Zoviraz (Acyclovir). 

You may be okay by now. But let me know if you’re still struggling, and I’ll give you more information (And no I don’t own shares in the company!!) 

Lots of love,   Delly xXx