Vaccinations/bloods after double mastectomy

Hello ladies, I had a Rx mastectomy, node clearance and LD flap and implant reconstruction 6 years ago. I’m having a second mastectomy and node clearance in 2 weeks time though just implant reconstruction this time. After the first one I was told not to have blood pressure or blood taken, or injections on that side because of risk of infection etc. I presume I’ll be told the same thing this time. My question is, what do I do? I think that in hospitals they can take blood from your foot or neck but for routine doctors appointments this isn’t possible. And then there’s flu jabs and travel vaccinations. I suppose worst case scenario is I just go ahead and keep my fingers crossed. Can any of you lovely ladies who are in this position give me any advice?

Hi painted lady

That’s one big dilemma but I had a whole series of hormone injections (not b-c related) in my bum. There’s plenty of places to do it - the arm is just convenient because of the muscle density (so I was told). I don’t know about blood pressure - doubtless there’s new technology.

Best of luck with your next treatment. You really have been put through the mill x