cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaginal dryness

2 REPLIES 2
High2k

Re: Vaginal dryness

Hello. I've been using the coconut oil successfully for a few weeks now and it really works. I used my replens applicator and scooped a wee bit of solid coconut oil into it and then popped it in. Much less messy than all the other moisturisers. I cycle a lot and have found that I'm comfortable for the first time in ages. I still find sex a bit of a struggle but one step at a time!

Chaffinch17

Re: Vaginal dryness

Firstly thanks for opening up this topic. I’ve been taking anastrazole for 8 weeks and started to suffer within about 2-3 weeks. I suddenly realised one day when I was sitting at my desk at work that I was uncomfortable and put two and two together. Despite treatment and being just post menopausal, I was fine until I started the anastrazole 😞. I bought some Replens after reading a bit online and it helped but the discharge was a bit scary. Fortunately I’d read the leaflet and knew it was just dead skin cells and not to worry while it was odourless but like you say squishy knickers are not pleasant 🙄. I also then found that I needed to use it pretty much daily or I got really sore and would find blood on the applicator. I’m hoping that my oncologist will prescribe it for me when I see her next month because it’s not cheap but I think it will be a necessity. Not sure about coconut oil not keen on the smell so I’ve just bought some panty liners but will watch with interest for other ideas. Hope you can get some relief x
High2k

Vaginal dryness

So when you hear the term vaginal dryness, nothing quite prepares you for the reality of the condition. Many of you i'm sure are suffering and I had a brainwave that I wanted to put out there.
I am using all the usual products: Sylk, Yes, Replens and although they help, i do feel that most of the product comes straight back out and I end up with squishy knickers. I had heard that coconut oil is a good intimate moisturiser, and i thought that since it is solid, perhaps you could take a piece and use it like a pessary. Is this a mad idea? I'd love to hear what others think.