cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLE & SNB - which Bras after treatment has finished

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: WLE & SNB - which Bras after treatment has finished

I’ve found the Tesco wire free bras really comfortable. High cotton content and cheap too!

Highlighted

I love those - I usually swap to these in the evening or whenever the others feel uncomfortable.

Highlighted

M&S do a lovely soft bra, called flexibra I think. They are very comfortable but in the evening I swap to a stretchy bra top(not so supportive but very easy to wear) - I ordered them online. Hope you find something.

Highlighted

Hi Cabransa

Thanks for the reply, I will have a look at them

😀

Highlighted

Hi

After my lumpectomy (not quite 2 months ago) I had the same issue.

I didn’t want to pay a lot until I found a good bra, so tried the M&S flexi support cami bras at £16 each - they are wonderfully comfy and more supportive than any other bra I’ve worn.

Highlighted

Thanks Narniagirl 😀

Highlighted

Hi, M&S do some comfy foam shaped bras that are v soft, seamless and adjustable. Although they have pockets for prosthesis they are also designed for lumpectomies etc as the shape evens out the breast. It also means you don't have to be too exact about the size and can choose a larger size to avoid feeling it's tight as the foam holds its shape. As we need them after surgery, if you tell the assistant this they will deduct VAT. It makes a real difference feeling comfortable! All the best to you x

Highlighted

Will do

I get the odd stabbing pain too, still tender also but hey ho we will get there 😀

Highlighted

Hi Chelle

I'm doing ok thanks, still have very sore skin and getting stabbing pains. I spoke to a radiographer who told me it's all normal, and part of the healing so that's good to hear. 

Yes it's very strange London being this quiet. It's a strange time for us all though at the moment. I don't think any of us have ever seen anything like this... London is slowly but surely coming to a stand still, all the public transport is now being scaled back. I've just spoken to someone I know she got on a bus during this morning's rush hour and she was the only one on it.  That's never been heard of before! 

Take care let me know what you think of those bra's, they aren't the greatest but for me they are the comfortablest I've found. I paid £35 for one zip up one and the zip busted after two washes 🙄

Highlighted

Thanks Shablah, I'll try them.

How are you doing now post rads? I bet it's strange seeing London so quiet during these scary times x

Highlighted

Hi Chelle

Well done on finishing your rads. I had the same trouble with bras whatever make I tried they just wasn't comfortable. I've ended up with very cheap bras from Amazon. They go over your head with no seams, the band underneath is quite soft. They are the most comfortable I've found, they are extra cheap too, so they will do for now at least while I'm still sore from radiotherapy and can't wear my normal underwired. I finished rads the week before you. Anyway try these bras if you don't like them just send them back, they are by Simiya on Amazon and very cheap x

Highlighted

WLE & SNB - which Bras after treatment has finished

Hi ladies

Can anyone recommend a soft supportive bra to wear after treatment has finished? ( went braless all through rads) I am 10 days post Rads, went bra shopping on Saturday. John Lewis measured and sent me off with a Triumph bra - very uncomfortable - feels exremely tight and seams accross cups not helpful. (I was measured as a H cup!!! - don't think that is right)

So went to M&S - bra fitting suspended cos of Corona virus - staff member was very helpful though pointing out supportive bras - found one which feels comfy for awhile but as it again has a seem cup the seam starts iritating my scar. Also it feels so weird having the band instead of underwires. Hoping to go back to work next week so need something comfortable - any suggestions please? ( scar runs verticle from lower breast up to my nipple)

Thanks ladies - hope you are all keeping well x