cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When do you...

@Joemic wrote:

Can anyone tell me when your first mamogramme is following treatment, is it a year after diagnosis, surgery or the end of all active treatment.

Thank you

Joemic x 

At my hospital it is a year after active treatment has ended.  By then patients are discharged form oncology and the BCN service, so I will be certain what my appointment will be!

HTH xx

Community Champion

Hi Joemic - I had my first mammogram about a year after diagnosis. Best wishes to you. Xx

Community Champion

My appointment for mammogram has always been separate from the appointment with the nurse .The letter usually states very clearly when it is for mammogram .The appt with nurse usually involves a physical examination and discussion about how you are doing with hormone therapy etc .If tell the technician you are still very tender they can adjust the mammogram machine manually so it is not as uncomfortable.

Thanks Jill, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see, I didn't want to turn up at appt with breast care nurse only to find I would be having a mamogramme. The appt is a year after my surgery and I was going to take some pain killers as I've got a feeling that booby squasher is gonna hurt😳 but don't want to take them if not having it🙄

Community Champion

For me it was a year after surgery but it seems to vary - I didn't have chemo .

When do you...

Can anyone tell me when your first mamogramme is following treatment, is it a year after diagnosis, surgery or the end of all active treatment.

Thank you

Joemic x