cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Where did I go????

Doz, we’ve had a huge downpour here with thunder and lightning. It didn’t last very long but the water came gushing down the path and was about to come under the door when it stopped as quickly as it started! Your swilling for an hour will have burned up some calories for you? We are on a slope so thought there was little risk of water coming in, but I realise now that it wouldn’t take much for it to seep into the hall! How tickled I am that you’re tickled, flutterby! You make me laugh too, which does us all good, doesn’t it? Are you going to watch Mandy Hurray play tennis??? Sorry, but I think I’ll go shopping for sandals with Emmy when that’s on. Really hope you can do well without the cigs. Can you get through one hour at a time making it easier than thinking of the whole thing, which I suppose, will be overwhelming? Never heard of a wedding in a Zoo, Jane!! Still there’s weddings now in all sorts of odd places, I guess. Bought some tape to use with tops that gape a bit when I bend down. Avoids showing the great divide, which in my case is the lone mound!
Have good weekend, flutterbys. Sending a hug xxx
GIJaneH

Go Murray! Not so bothered about the ladies' final. ANOTHER Williams win? Yawn..... Be nice to have a good match though...
Making lemon roulade this morning, to pop in the freezer ready for a wedding next Saturday (bring 'n share reception).. the wedding's taking place in a zoo..... sounds like a cue for a whole load of jokes!!!
On call today, but not tomorrow

keep going Doz....without the ciggies and with the water! Sounds grim... as you say, I hope none of you are washed away by all this rain. Our water provider just THIS WEEK confirmed we still have a drought! What the ????? You canNOT be SERIOUS! (to go back to Wimbles)
When we were going through it, there was an understandable reation against the "breast cancer is a good cancer to get" kind of comment - quite rightly... there IS no "good" cancer to get... but yesterday I met a nurse/midwife I hardly recognised - she's had cancer of the tongue. Truly gross..... Poor lady...
have a fantastic weekend flutterbies - hope those wings get dried out and rested...
love Jane (time for a group hug I think <<<<

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
What a day yesterday I was wet through after swilling the water away nearly as fast as it was rising... The problem is next doors drain pipe comes down onto my property and has nowhere to go so I set up water butts for the garden... but the deluges we keep having are to much and it floods into the passage... the side of my house is the original dry sone wall nearly 200 yrs old (now cemented in) but the water comes up to the first layer of cobbles if left, so when it rains I have to move it along.. I spent almost an hour just swilling it away onto the street yesterday 😞 Cant think of any way round it so thats a job that will always be there! We have had it really bad in our area tho I was lucky, lots of people hav'nt been so my heart goes out to anyone affected it must be soul destroying 😞 I do hope non of you girlies were affected too badly xx
Ami I love your sense of humour it tickles me... especially when i'm so DOH!!! I dont see the inuendo's straight away and it tickles me even more ha ha!!
Murray you beauty... Er! not quite but what a finish and finals here he comes 🙂 First one for us in 74 yrs how exciting 🙂
DAY 1 going well 🙂 no cigarettes (I finished them watching Murray) and no intention of buying any 🙂 I will succeed 🙂
Em well done girl 2Ib's in the first week is excellent dont try to loose it too quickly its much better to go slow 🙂 I will be joining you in the very near future me thinks!! I have lost 8lb all in all since BC and that has now plateau'd over the past 3 months now I dont have the cigarette to smoke after meals I dread to think what I will replace it with 😞 puddings probably.. I've been watching my weight for so long and now so fed up with the fruit and healthy food so I must look at recipes and sort some healthy new ones out.... goal for the week 🙂
Having another spring cleaning day today.... summers not here yet? so spring it is!! when the sun finally does shine i've spotted a few cobwebs so cleaning head on and it'll keep me fit and busy 🙂
Have a lovely dry weekend Flutterbys enjoy the final Tennis fans 🙂 and take care of yourselves love and hugs xxxxxhugsxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

What a nice thought to light a candle for everyone, Elsa-Jane. How did today go for you, did you get your certificate for work? Doz, ha ha ha, it would usually be me, trawling back to find the carpet bit! Are we from the planet of the apes, I ask? Did you know the term carpet’s meaning is to pluck? Who has wall to wall??? Who has plush??? Who has flat weave??? Ha ha ha! I have the stuck in a rut feelings and yes, the sunshine does make a difference to how I feel. Think though it’s better than racing around trying to cope with work. Just managed to get the grass cut once more before the heavy rain today. It would have been so easy to leave it but we know there will be lions and tigers lurking in it by next week if we don’t! Can’t remember the last time we sat out in the garden at night, we used to love it. Good luck with the quitting cigs! Don’t forget to save the cash in a jar! Emmy, a few months back, the doctor thought O.H. might have had a stroke, he was really unsteady, but after tests the hospital thought like you that it was Labrynthitis. I’ve had it I suspect, a few times over the years but never lasted long, usually when I’m tired.Janice, hope all is going well with your grandsons and you’re enjoying their company. I think it’s lovely they’re interested in cross stitch. Keep them occupied with all this rain. Are they stitching boy things?? Yvonne, I’m glad you said something to the dr about your balance, having the tests will relieve your wondering. It’s natural to be jittery….I am the world worst…..but at least they are checking you over to rule things out. Thing is, it’s ’here we go again’ isn’t it? Hope you haven’t trawled back about carpets, ha, ha, ha, just my humour, likening it to our hairy bits! Did you manage to get outside with your grandaughter today? The rain has been non stop here. Hope you went on OK at doctors Stella Carolyn, how did your ultrasound go? All well I hope. Jane, White coat syndrome made me buy a blood pressure monitor. This was years ago and I think it helped me realise I have normal blood pressure when at home so it then became normal at the dr’s. ha ha ha!
Have a good evening, love Ami xx
Doz1949

Ha ha Gig hug back Em 🙂
I didnt smoke the 3 I had left but sadly had one this morning after taking Roses to Mum and Dads grave they would have been married 70 yrs today 😞 and I could'nt even make 20 😞 bless them!
I will struggle with this as i've tried several times but a blip comes up and oooopsidaisy what do I do.....
i managed to cut right down about a yr ago but just cant make that final move so this time I must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Noah is on his way here i've never seen so much rain 😞 it started at 3am and by 7 the passage was flooded and the road to the cemetary was perfect for aquaplaning..... its still heaving down and has turned quite cold so I think we are in for the long haul 😞 OMG its just started to come down so fast I cant see out of the window eeeeek!!
Carolyn I was stood with Em hand holding at the ready right behind you girl did you see us 🙂 hope it all went well xxxxxx
GI Jane I actually managed 11 seconds today and i'm giving it my best shot each day to last longer... I have teetered a few times but not wobbled over much 🙂 yes you have started something ha ha!!
Well I think I need to go put my wellies on and try to brush some of the water away into the drains on the street 😞 The passage in question is now 2" deep and on a slight slope... away from the drains so brushing it back up towards the street is the only option AAAARGH!!! Gotta go girls before it starts coming into the Kitchen... oh woe is me 😞
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
emmy

whoops! x

emmy

Corolyn sending you a massive hug and 'the hand' to hold , where would we be without it? Jane I did the same and gave up 8 years ago after restarting 6 years earlier! Long story short I got smacked in the mouth by a service user when I should have kept my head out of the way! A memebr of staff offered me a cig and I fell off the waggon big time! But then I saw this lovely blue shiny car in a showroom and realised I could not afford it so half way home did some maths and thought I can if I give up smoking so I turned the car around went and ordered it knowing if I did smoke again it would have to go! What a risk but each day I had that car it reminded me why! I now have a little red one same make .
It is a brave decision Doz and knowing how stubborn you are I reckon you can do it! We will be here with that steadying hand any time lovely and I know you enjoy it but use the cash for a monthly treat! After all regardless you are so worth it!
Raining AGAIN! and now they are saying flood risks! Just waiting for Noah and his ark! Well beautiful flutterbys I am going to shower and yes I changed the sandals even the girl said they had not made it right! I got another pair and they are great! I wanted them for Aus as they were for walking around and I can't do anything if my feet don't feel right! hence ami tottering around in heels I leave to others! I do have some nice couple of inch heels but prefer my good old sandals which I have had for years!
Blasted rain! Got my reflexology today so off I go and sleep like a babe tonight! p.s lost 2 lbs!
Gig group hug Em xxxxxxxxx

GIJaneH

Doz - I gave up smoking in 1984.... I was reading a daily bible verse, and, on Ash Wednesday it said "if you fast, wash you face and oil your hair" (ie be normal). The previous month I'd run OUT of ciggys and money, and been SO bad tempered that colleagues were begging me to smoke again (and giving me cigarettes). Anyhow.. I read this and though "Oh, so IF I give up smoking, no-one should notice or suffer".... and went into work and didn't smoke. No side effects, no withdrawal symptoms, no nothing! Amazing! No credit to me (that belongs elsewhere!)... anyway, GO FOR IT! Isn't it puzzling how a nurse can be scared of hospitals???!!!!???? It's different when you're a patient though.... I had high BP when I was pregnant. 2nd time dr suggested taking BP at home and keeping a record, to prevent "white coat syndrome" (what you describe!). Kept me going to full term that way! Trouble is, you don't normally have lung-function test machines at home!

More rain.. and more...

Balance. I HAVE started something! Giggling at the thought of us all standing on one leg and falling over! Personally, I try it near a work surface, so I can wobble but not fall! Yes, apparently if you keep doing the standing on one leg thing with your eyes shut, your (our) balance WILL improve (quicker than if we do it with eyes open, the research apparently says). And my tame physioterrorist says it's worth doing, as it will prevent problems later on. Like lots of things, prevention is easier/better than cure.

Hope the ultrasound shows nothing Crabbit - or nothing worrying... let us know. Holding hand.....
Time to get ready for work.. have a good day flutterbies,
love Jane xx

Crabbit

Came home from a drizzly Aberdeen yesterday to blistering sunshine at home, couldn't believe it! Rainy today though and I managed to leave my waterproof jacket on the train. Will be an interesting T in the P without it!
also came home to recall letter so ultrasound today, really wish they had just done it all on one day, feeling a bit like last summer waiting for appsand results again. 6 years ago I was mammo, ultra and biopsy all in one day and results a week later! Times have changed indeed.
Hoping for dry skies for your concert too Doz. We sometimes go to Glamis proms with gazebos etc but the booze was flowing a little too freely last time and I am afraid I was sick in my sister in laws loo! Oh the shame!
take care everyone, just ashort one today. Xx

katieb

Good for you Doz go for it! A friend at work gave up cold turkey but my brotherinlaw used patches. Lots of help out there now. It will be hard with everyhting else we have to put with but YOU CAN DO IT!
Stella x

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Janice it was really nice to hear that your grandsons are eager to learn to cross stitch.. I think it is brilliant 🙂 My father used to knit he was absolutely excellent at it, he made all the childrens Arron Cardigans and Jumpers in different colours and patterns, he used to get some stick for it but he just laughed it off and got sooo much pleasure out of it 🙂 So well done them!!
Yup Murray is frustrating to say the least!! His first sets are always so slow until he winds himself up so I do get quite annoyed with the TV when he's on 🙂 but when he cleared those last few games our roof raised a few inches 🙂 Cant wait for the semi's!!!
Em and Yvonne what a rip off insurances are these days.. I was so naughty last year I didnt mention the BC tut tut!! when I went to Mallorca and I didnt mention it this year.. tho the way things are going I dont think I will be going! But I still would'nt say anything I have health ins, and the NHS travel card so I dont bother, I just hate being ripped off 😞 Poor Col I hope the forecast is wrong for him its sods law that when we get time off it rains 😞 this is the first yr we hav'nt sat out yet to have our tea in the gsrden last yr we were out there all the time and I miss the balmy nights when you can sit out till the wee hours and feel comfortable 😞 I am soo hoping the weather picks up for our Classics day/night in the Park I dont know what will happen if the weathers bad as its all in the open air so come on sunshine time to show yourself for us all!!
Yvonne all those tests you poor thing... you must let us know how you get on with them.. I've come to the conclusion that BC is the easy part.... 😞 its what follows that is the problem SIGH!!!! and the strange thing is i'm still scared of Hospitals tests and all the palaver that goes with it.. even after all we've been through I still get anxious and my asthma kicks in which leaves me heaving for breath.. I have a Lung function test coming up soon and as soon as I get in the room the chest tightens and i'm rubbish at blowing into the spyrometry machine... having got a patch of Fibrosis on my lung from R/T I do worry that the tests come out rubbish which makes my asthma play up more 😞 the JOY!!! 😞
Also the years of being a smoker hav'nt helped I guess!
There's my confession for the day 😞 I still have the odd one and find it sooooo B****y hard to completely stop... I'm now on a determined effort to finally kick the habit which is why i'm telling you all 😞 and any support will be welcomed with opened arms 😞 I buy 20/30 a week and enjoy every single one so this is going to be very very hard 😞
Now i've written it down I feel a bit more positive so I will finally go for it starting tomorrow.. I've got 3 left so hoping with all my heart I succeed 😞
Love hugs and spoons to all you lovely flutterbys from a very determined Doz
xxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxx
katieb

Morning ladies - just been reading through all the posts, they do make you smile and cheer you up when feeling a bit low.
Emmy - glad you're all sorted for Aussie, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. My insurance for Turkey was quite reasonable I thought - £118.00 included hubby as well but that was only Europe.
Going to have to have a go at the balance exercise - went to the physio yesterday for tendonitis in my heel, he gave me exercises so I'll do them althogether! The physio I saw turned out to be a friend of my yougest son from infant school - so that made me feel old!
At Drs this afternoon to discuss letrozole -can't see me getting femara though but if you don't ask you don't get!
Doz glad you've met a nice helpful person for a change (Occy Health) good to get some support.
Last choir session tonight until September so we're going to have good old sing song and can take friends along and nibbles etc - so should be good. I'd forgottoen completely about the nibbles til started typing - have to buy something now.
I enjoyed watching Andy as well and I'm getting into the Tour de France in the evenings - all those men in Lycra hehe!
Yvonne - hope you're well.
Have a good day everybody. Sun is shining here.
Stella xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
computor broke down, had to get someone to come out and fix it, so think iam back on line now, hope this gets to you all , here goes.
Well Gijane tried the standing on one foot with eyes closed, 0 secs on one side and 2 secs on other, but wonder if i keep doing this do you think it will improve in time.
Got my appointments through, one for Neurophysiology, and MRI scan of the head, also another one which my Dr must of thought of later which is CT scan of cest and abdomen, this is a lot of tests just for balance, concidering that most of you ladies have balance issues, iam getting a bit jittery, and wish now that i had not said anything. .
Doz we were saying the other day,how boring murray was, since then he has been winning, so how boring is murray!! ha ha.(really hope he wins xx) he's got to day off, it's really exciting tho. xx
Emmy- i brought the jane fonda TRIM TONE & FLEX dvd, build muscle, burn fat and get flexible, not started it yet, its also a sitting and floor exercise, did you hurt the next day?
insurance for travel, last nov my brother and sister in law, invited me to go on a cruise to new york and fly back, but the insurance cost more than the trip, so i declined there very kind offer, i really do have a lovely family tho saying that i was still going through treatment at the time, so that must of made a big differance to the insurance,
Ami i havent read the posts as yet , but will back track and see what the carpet story is about ,
Looked after my grandaughter on tuesday for 6hrs, even tho it rained, we put our wellies on went into the garden.She has her own duck watering can, so there she was watering the plants, i lasted 20 mins and then had to bribe her in with a choco biscuit, did enjoy it tho, she's here on friday so i hope its not another wet day,( iam getting rusty with all this rain ).
Hugs to all xxxxxx
emmy

Hi Janice at least you could spell it right! And yes it must be one of the most miserable things to get, I had it for several weeks and during an extremely stressful time! I even went to a wedding only to hold onto the walls 'cos I thought I would fall over! Hugging the floor seemed a reasonable thing to do! I still have tinnitus from it even now!
Well you Murray fans I so hope he gets there this time! I have got Aus all sorted now so planning for the weather I am supposing it will be nice as it is their spring so fingers crossed it will be good it is such a long way to go,but it will be worth it to see my friend! Well we have a grey overcast day and the forecast is looking rough for Fri/Sat hubby is disappointed as it is another weekend off then none for 3 weeks it is a shame he just gets to do the grass and then doesn't get chance to sit out in it!
I am with you on the picture of us all falling over and checking out the carpets! That has had me in fits! I do so love to come on and read about the flutterbys adventures and daily trials and tribulations, it makes it so much like having an extended family 'cos if we don't hear from someone we worry.
Right got PJ's on and DG so off to shower,then to take back some lovely sandals I bought at the weekend which are fine but the one I tried was perfect ,when I got home I tried them on only to find some excess leather on the right foot which rubs so off to get a pair that fit comfortably! I love them I just don't want to have blisters!
Big group hug Em xxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yeah MURRAY IS KING I would love to see him in the final Doz but he is so frustrating seems to take him ages to get going.Glad your bladder held out ha ha got 2 of my grandsons here and loving it at the moment especially as they want to learn to cross-stitch and are doing okay at it so if it rains I will be able to keep them busy. Love to all Janice xxx
Doz1949

MURRAY WON YAAAAY!!! Semi finals here we come 🙂 so nerve wracking watching him eeeeek!!!!
Drank so much coffee watching him and just as I needed the loo he scored again... my bladder control excersises in the past have paid off ha ha!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh how I laughed at the picture of everyone balancing on one leg with their eyes shut ha ha.Haven't tried it yet as would no doubt fall over.Do hope you feel more cheerful soon Doz maybe if Murray wins you will be more cheery.Ami laughed about the carpet what funny things we post about.Emmy I had labrynthitis a few years ago and woke up feeling sick as I turned over in bed so got up to dash to loo and was bouncing off walls as couldn't keep my balance it was terrifying at the time so know how you felt.Elsa Jane do hope wedding outfit still fits you mine did and I was so elated.We have been meaning to go to Falkland palace but haven't managed it so far maybe when we are up in August will make the effort.
Well girls got family here and grandsons are stayin for a while so will post if I get a chance as they are usually using the computer.Love and hugs to everyone Janice xxx
emmy

Ha!Ha!Ha! bless you Doz! I remember many years ago overhearing someone say the curtains don't match the carpets and wondering what on earth they were talking about! then my friend just roared laughing when I asked and pointed out said person was a 'blonde!' ,that's when the penny dropped!
It is easy to get into a rut Doz but it is also some healing time which we do need just need to try a few bits first and go from there, I have got the t-shirt! I did the blasted DVD again today just hope there is no tummy problem again so strange but I think it was just bad timing! So far did the exercise then shower and still gently (NOT!) steaming and hair won't dry just yet! I tried the shutting my eyes thing and almost fell over!? I am guessing we have somehow got messed up inner ears or something? I had Labrinthitis in 2000 which made me feel sick and I hung on to walls around me for some time! I actually woke with it and thought I had a stroke as every time I opened my eyes the room would spin really horrible! I also now have Tinnitus from that! This is as ami says not dizzy just somehow the balance is off! Maybe just maybe we are all bonkers! Funny really had a mental picture of a flutter of flutterbys all looking like we have had a few!!! What a sight that would be I will be hanging on to the nearest arm!
Well tickets booked! Visa applied for and now for the (gulp!) insurance! I keep looking I honestly can't believe it! My friend tells me she is in tears of happiness what a to do!!! I am just going to focus on this trip then when we get back it will be winter or as hubby said will we know the difference? it has been so dismal!
Well it is today grandsons birthday so off I go with pressie and card he is also going out with his friends for an Indian and back to DIL for home made Pavolva!!! I would stay but I think his friends would be embarrassed! Ha!Ha!Ha! he decided (sensible young man!) that maybe paint balling would be messy this weather! and painful! So all you flutterbys watching the tennis (sorry with ami on that zzzz!) enjoy! Big group hug! Em xxxxx

Doz1949

This site just had a blip too 😞 My last message was the one from GI Jane re balance so I posted and when it came up there were 4 more all posted well before mine??
So pleased you had a good time Jane how lovely that you lit a candle for us to flutter gently 🙂 and yes no chance of our little shopping trip now so I will be rooted to the chair to watch Murray......................................
xxxxhugxxxx
Doz1949

Jane I just tried it and fell over ha ha ha!!! Mind you the dog thought I was playing and kept jumping up 🙂
I dont really think i'm safe either I do keep bumping into things, my poor thighs are covered in tiny little bruises and no idea where they come from?
Ami I just had a moment ha ha!!! I saw your comment re upstairs and downstairs carpet eeeek thought I'd missed a few posts?? so trawled back up and down to see who was having problems with carpets................... then it came to me HA HA!!!! Do I feel stupid 🙂
Having a little oddity with "the boob" it keeps fluttering...? not as big as a butterfly would flutter 🙂 but a tiny flutter that is sooo annoying any ideas girls? or is it finally waking up??
I am having a gee up with Vikki, I decided that we are festering here at home and we are feeding off each other so yesterday at Vikki's meds review we mentioned to our Dr that Vikki's sleep pattern was kaput.. she has given her some sleeping tablets to take at 10 each night and today we were aiming to go shopping at 11 its now 10.15 and she is still snoring so maybe I say "maybe" tomorrow??? I cant believe how easy it is to just do nothing 😞
I'm having one of those blip days when nothing feels good and everything feels stuck in a rut! I need some sunshine 😞
Hoping your all well flutterbys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elsa

Came back from St Andrews yesterday, a long drive...it was great to see Em, we live so far apart that we don't see each other very often these days so we make the most of it when we do. Visited the very grand Falkland Palace on Monday and lit a candle in the chapel for all of us flutterbies and others who have had BC......so if your flutterby ears were burning that day it was because I was saying a few words and thinking of you all.
Real reality check when I got home....my statutory sick pay ends on 27th July 2012!! Am seeing GP this Friday anyway to get a fitness to work certificate so the dreaded day is looming.....
On a positive note, heard from my sister today that she has set a her wedding date for 9th August in Gretna Green so really looking forward to that. Better check the old wedding outfit still fits!
I'll be watching Murray this afternoon in the quarter finals......can he do it????
Love
Jane x

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane, suppose what I was trying to say is that I can't do it, ha, ha, ha! It's really hard with your eyes shut! The Wii Board just confirms that I'm rubbish, he, he, he! So, no, you don't need a Wii Board to tell you. I went walking out in high heels, thought it time to get used to them again as I've only wore then when a short walk from a car. Can't tell you how glad I was to get them off.
Teeter, totter, wobble....bump!!
Love Ami xx
GIJaneH

Ah... but I don't HAVE a wii board! The 7 secs and 4 secs was not what I'm supposed to do, but all I CAN do!!!! Keep trying... wibble wobble...wibble splat! lol! Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane, you can do this on a Wii Board. It's not that easy! I have a lower percentage result after BC than before. I don't know if it's just because I'm not as fit yet and I'll improve in time..... or is that it??
Love Ami xx
GIJaneH

regarding balance issues.... my DD is a physioterrorist, and we went round Tesco's together one night last week. At the end of the excursion, she gave me balance exercises cause she doesn't think I'm safe!!!!!! Have to close eyes, and stand on one foot (with something handy to hold on to when necessary). 7 secs one side 4 the other.... apparently the improvement is faster if your eyes are closed!!!!! Anyone want to try?

love Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Emmy & Yvonne, I too found I had a slight balance issue. For no reason I sometimes had to have something to hold onto to steady me. It would soon pass but strange to describe as it wasn’t spinning or dizziness. About you in M& S, Yvonne. Just don’t do what my Grandma once did when in a shoe shop. She bumped into a wall of mirror and apologised thinking it another customer! Stella, my neighbour still has toe problems from chemo and can only wear certain shoes and it’s about 7yrs since she had treatment Glad you felt so great after your concert. Hope you enjoyed your special weekend Emmy. I’m smiling at all the talk over the last few posts about our upstairs and downstairs carpets and whether they are threadbare or not!! Yvonne, I had to laugh at the French plait! I have one and a half underarm hair, having lost the lower half of one side! Glad you’re feeling brighter and enjoyed your shopping trip, we do get those little blips and if we can recognise them for what they are, then it’s easier to ride them out. Doz, sorry, but I too have to laugh at the funny side of your life. Your son describes it so well. I hate it when there’s confrontation but like you will get into battle mode if I have to! Sounds like that driver and Mr Radiologist both need to go to Charm School! It’s alarming that the driver followed you! Big medal for standing up to him!! I was followed once by a woman many years ago and she got out and kicked my vehicle and thumped me in the back! It’s quite intimidating. I took her number and went to the police and left them to deal with her! I know Vikki still isn’t well, but it’s great to hear of her walk to the field, yippee! You’ll not be losing weight then, Jane, eating all the freezer stuff up? Bet there’s lots of cooking on the go at your place!Oooh! Carolyn, living it up in the bosses flat! Have a nice time! I would loved to have been a fly on the wall when you were Cheryl Cole! Jane, hope you’re enjoying St Andrews and it’s not raining up there! Emmy, don’t do too much in the exercise chair, don’t want you flopping! Janice, enjoy your family time.
Not much happening here, but that’s OK, don’t want drama! Very dull and rainy. Seems like everyone could be turning into creaking gates, what with all the aches and pains and stiffness! Keep happy everyone, have a nice evening!Love Ami xx
Doz1949

Ha ha Em you do make me laugh with your very discriptive tales in the life of Emily 🙂
I must admit I shook after I'd had the confrontation with Mr I'm in the right!!! Erm... NOT!!! I had to look up whether I was in the right just for piece of mind... I knew I was but oh how we question ourselves!!!
Well finally getting somewhere with the old digit... I saw the consultant this afternoon and he is refering me to the Hand Surgeon for his opinion... here we go again but at least I know I m getting somewhere 🙂 I got the results from the scan.. in a much more pleasant way, the tendon is getting stuck in the base of my thumb.. so why the Grumpy Radiologist could'nt tell me i'll never know??
I also went to see Occy Health and she was sooooo lovely 🙂 we chatted at length about Vikki and how I was coping and then we talked about my thumb... she was so supportive I started crying.. thought those days were over but it just goes to show it does'nt take much kindness to set it off again 😞 she was a bit mystified at the suggestion that I work while waiting for referal and has said no-way!! (Health & Safety) She was surprised at how inflammed it still was and has said she will contact me in 2 weeks to discuss then whether I will be still unfit for work.... not might I add "fit for work"she also said being one of the stalwarts of our ward i'm obviously being missed.. but it would have been nicer for me had the Sister asked how I was and not when are you coming back... then did a tut tut!!! Then also questioned why I didnt get any calls from her when I was going through BC and the treatment?? she seems to think Managers are too preoccupied these days to concern themselves over much with staff problems but said it would be nice if they did find the time to support staff instead of making them feel intimidated, such a relief, feeling much happier now I know I have some support.
Vikki's physio programme starts next week so everything is falling into place.... ooops perhaps I should'nt tempt fate???
Yvonne that was a bit unlucky with the duvet... I hope you made them hoover up?? 🙂
Jane I hope you are still enjoying Scotland.. sounds lovely and OMG The Cocoa Tree sounds heavenly Nom NOM!!! Yes I had a right good titter at the comment re Murray keeping his balls in his shorts EEEEEK 🙂 that one will go down in History ha ha!!!!
G I Jane You poor thing having all those munchilicous treats to eat... tho a freezer failing is a nightmare.. our dog usually benefits after a couple of days so I hope you manage to plought your way through them without having any waste?? P.s the carrot cake................. i'm soooo sorry but we munched it ALL between us both... bang goes the diet!!!!
As for the Letrozole I'm sure it does'nt help our joints.. if I get down I cant get up either.. not pretty to see me wobbling all over trying to pull myself up!!
Em... Oh I can so relate to the hot flushes 😞 we have had some really humid nights and I have had the worst couple of weeks of flushes, they are driving me insane and now they are even waking me up.. when I eventually nod off, I've now resorted to sleeping in the buff!! I just cant stand being sticky/sweaty in bed... I hope i never get burgled what a shock that would be for them ha ha!!!
I hope you are all well and fluttering gently love to ALL you lovely girlies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxx
emmy

Hi Flutterbys and everyone seems to have had this yucky rain! We didn't have as bad a weekend as expected with the weather mostly cloudy and so humid.........didn't do the hot flushes any good! Doz I was both amazed and amused at your tales of manically sad men! I am sure there is a book in that but was disgusted at the fact you had a miserable man doing your scan! Big word that starts with B came to mind what an idiot! As for the driver , we had something like it but it was a WOMAN driver! She cut us up at a roundabout from the inside and when we got to some traffic lights she came storming out of her car and kicked the side of ours! Effing an jeffing the sort of woman who made you ashamed to be female! I was so gobsmacked I just sat there in fact we all did we had our son and his partner with us and it was Christmas time so much for the festive spirit! It does throw you as you scratch your head wondering if it was you! I loved that you had to check your highway code but rudeness regardless does not cut if after all we do make mistakes and if no harm done then no worries! I would not give much for that silly person now as I am not so docile these days!
I had a funny after lunch with lovely son and wife yesterday where I was driving and saw blue lights flashing way behind me so pulled over with enough space to allow ambulance through way before some bollards at a crossing only to have another silly woman!? overtake me with gestures till she realised that she had to pull over just past the bollards and let them through! She did however sort of throw her hands in the air as a sort of apology which wasn't good enough for me I was so angry I could have got out of the car and done some kicking myself! It took me back to last year when hubby was going in on blues and twos only to get stuck behind some stubborn person who refused to pull over so it was me effing and jeffing as I had to sit up front with the driver whilst hubby had paramedic checking his stats! I did apologise to the driver after as I felt so awful but he just hugged me and said he had heard worse for less!
Well girls did the first chair thing from the Rosemary Conley DVD and boy was I out of breath when I finished and that was sitting down! So I will be good and continue to see if it shifts the tummy, it better had after that! I am glad though and diet has started in ernest as it isn't too long for Aus eeeekk!!!!
Take care flutterbys and as the old police drama used to say lets be careful out there! Big group hug Em xxxxx

Elsa

Hello everyone
I can't keep up with all the posts and the things that have been happening in my absence, and I have to say, mainly to you Doz! What a miserable radiologist, a bit of politeness and a smile never hurt anybody, except it might have cracked his face to smile, who knows! And as for that extrememly rude driver, well...but, on a good note i was really pleased to hear that Vikki has been able to walk to the bottom of the garden, she's improving bit by bit. Talking about employers getting in contact with you when you are off sick, my manager hasn't contacted me unless I've emailed him, in which case he has replied back.
I'm still in St Andrews in Scotland staying with my daughter, she's had to go into the lab so I'm doing a bit of sight seeing today..thought I'd go to Falkland Palace then, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a tennis fan too and Murray's playing this afternoon so I'll be back to watch that. Did you notice how he kept losing the ball out of his pocket during the match...it happened a few ties and he was docked a couple of points for it too. In the post match interview I chuckled when the interviewer asked him, 'do you often have trouble keeping your balls in your shorts??!!'
We've had a lovely weekend, in between the heavy downpours! Went to the Highland Games in Cupar yesterday which was fun, first time I've seen a caber tossed! We also went to a place called Pittenweem on Saturday where there is a lovely cafe called the Cocoa Tree, which sells lots of chocolaty food...I had the most delicious chocolate cake as did my daughter Em, her boyfriend had a hot white chocolate stirred with a cinnamon stick with a belgian waffle with chocolate sauce and ice cream.....yum. In the evening we went to a luxury 5 star spa for a bit of pampering all for free as my daughter was given a pass by somebody she knows...fantastic......though their steam room was, well, VERY steamy and VERY hot, so hot that we had to go into the sauna to cool down!
Anyway, there's going to be a bit of a reality check at the end of this week as I'm seeing my GP to get a fitness to work certificate...boo hoo...I need to go back I know that...and in truth I think I'll be ok now....the first few days will be tough for me but that's going to be the case no matter how long I leave it. Just need to get myself in the right frame of mind now.
So flutterbies, that's me for now, I'm off out for the day but I'm looking out of the window and yes, it's raining again.....oh joy
Jane

Crabbit

Hello girls, lovely posts again, what a fab bunch you are.
I am sitting in my hubby's boss's flat in Aberdeen whilst he's working up here. Decided to travel up with him because I am off work. Nice not to be apart too much for once. It also means I'll not be jumping on the poor postie, no mammo result yet and I get a bit pathetic waiting around for it.
Ooh Emmy, my son sounds a bit like yours was. Very frank indeed. I'm not allowed to sing around the house either. Made me smile. Good luck with the chair exercises and the diet. At last the weight is coming off for me, so pleased. Slimming World and fry light spray are my hot tips! Hoping I can get another half stone or so off before the biggest boy's wedding party in August. Not started training for the 10k in Sept yet either, absolute deadline is T in the Park weekend to begin so cannot see much getting done then!
I hope you enjpyed your swim Elsa Jane! I don't go nearly enough, and wouldn't go at all were it not for my son! I am thinking about buying a bikini to encourage me to keep losing weight. Yes I am too old for one but last year when I knew I had BC but was waiting for confirmation I was on hol in Crete and kept admiring all the shapes and sizes who were cool and confident in their bodies and I thought sod it, be proud of your bits and bobs whilst you have them! But can I just draw the line at ladies of my age and older who 'thong' it!! Just not a good look on a saggy bum! See back to being judgemental again, can't help myself! So bikini it is!
Doz, what rude, rude men!!! Honestly you did well to contain yourself. How lovely you and Megan are getting to enjoy each other's company. Nice for Dan too. I hope you get a date soon for your 'stuck' digit! Don't feel guilty about work. It is one thing phoning someone to ask how they are, quite another to suggest when they come in to work! Glad Vikki is getting a bit of mobility back too. Now we need some nice weather to enjoy it! Rain, rain here now.
So glad the concert went well Stella. Keep singing butterfly!
I hope your trek up to Scotland goes well Yvonne. Thank heavens for grannies!! My mum is looking after Lewis Fri 7th to Sun 9th July too so we can go to T in the P. Heaven only knows what the weather will be like. We may well have to spend most of our time in the Ceilidh tent (guaranteed to warm you up!).
Ooh Jane, hairy bits! Six years ago (pre baby and feeling flush!) I treated myself to laser hair removal for legs and offending bikini area. It was great, a little intimate but done in such a 'medical fashion' that you soon coped without embarrassment! Great though. If ever I feel flush enough again I will get the 'rear bikini line done'.......now what in heaven is going on there???? and have a top up at the front!
Enjoying the tennis here too. Was really disappointed with the football, much more exciting! Will be watching out for Nadal having a sniff now though!
Hello Janice, hope you are keeping well. Ami Cheryl went well....until near the end of the disco they put on one of her awful records and stood around me clapping expecting me to dance! Now I did try, aske them for some moves and copied them, but honestly.....Now the cha cha slide (like every Primary teacher) I can do! What a fab bunch of children though. Very sad, lots of hugs and tears wishing them well on Thursday as they left the school.
Looking forward to catching up with my ex husband's brother's wife today. Not seen her for about nine years! Nothing Jeremy Kyle about it lol. We phone now and then but don't really visit. She lives in Aberdeen though so we are making the most of the opportunity.
Take care lovelies...Lewis keeps saying 'are you done yet?'. He wants to play plants vs zombies on my laptop!
xxxxx

GIJaneH

Doz, our Trust's policy is that your manager is supposed to phone up regularly to see how you are (mine never rang once in all the time I was off last year! Not read thepolicy obviously! (But I did email him from time to time)) and also to find out when you might be thinking of returning to work. They have to do that apparently... I suppose they do really, planning shifts and things. Only you know the tone in which you were asked though.... Concert sounds lovely... Murray was frustrating (and I AM a tennis fan!) As gardenparty said, small steps but important ones for Vicki...
Our freezer was left slighly open day before yesterday, so we've got chicken, sausages, haddock AND smoked salmon for tea! (and there's only two of us!) Haddock tonight... the rest during the week methinks. So far, not had too bad a weekend on-call (just Friday evening out for a short while). (oh, and this morning of course!) We've done a bit of gardening today. Just pottering. I just find my joints make it even harder to get down and up again... not sure whether it's the Letrazole or age creeping up. Yesterday my OH had a stall at the village Fun Day, and the wind was SO bad it ripped the "walls" off his gazebo and he had to put everything back in their boxes and display them from there (wood-turning) He was really fed up and buffetted around by the time he got home. It was a good afternoon though - local school children doing a fancy dress parade and music and lots of stalls...

as you say, hope the weather rememers that July is SUMMER!
have a good week flutterbies
love Jane x

Guest user
Not applicable

Doz - a few years ago it was againest the law, for employers to phone people who were off sick, but that seems to have changed, if you find they do it to oftem it becomes harrassment,how much work can be done safely,with a hand that does not co-operate, the words HEALTH AND SAFETY should be used by you and them?.
Open air concert, we used to go to one in north london in hamstead heath, called kenwood house it was wonderful xx
Thats good news about vikki, going for a walk with you, little steps, and with your love and surpport she will be running around that field, you wait and see xxxx
Tennis- I usually fall asleep during Murry's press conferences he 's sooo boring.
Doz having grandchildren is expencive as this morning we were out shopping again, returning the duvet, which someone, somewhere for got to sew it together, and the stuffing fell out , my grandaughter then started to roll around in the stuffing, also getting it back in the bag was something to watch, so we exchanged that then i brought my grandaughter some sandles and other bits and bob's. think i need a lie down now . ha ha.
its the 1st of july, lets hope the sun shines all month long.
take care all xxxx
Doz1949

Morning once again Flutterbys 🙂
This being off work gives me chance to catch up with you all everyday 🙂
I dont know about being a star Janice but I do seem to attract touble and idiots!! I did read the Highway code as I started to wonder if I was in the wrong?? and no!! It was HIM!! 🙂 I should have taken his number but I was so busy being on the defensive wih him I just had to win ha ha!!! Its not funny really but you have to laugh or you would go bonkers! This is the trouble with being single you definately fight your cause to the bitter end....... As for Mr Radiologist he was quite old but it does'nt excuse rudeness!
Yvonne I cant wait for my offsprings to get married and have a family 🙂 that will definately be my cue to retire and child mind 🙂 tho the way things are going with them both its going to be yrs.... Daniels had so many girlfriends until Megan came along I just hope that she will tame him 🙂 and Vikki being the opposite has had one long term boyfriend (5 yrs) that ended 18 months back she just didnt want to settle down and here we now are both still single 😞 I wanna be a Granny!!!!! As for the shopping I always seem to end up buying things that were'nt on the list 🙂
Stayed up till 11.00 watching Murray drying paint (Wimbledon) he won but it took ages for him to find his form and I must admit I nodded off halfway through 🙂 if anyone of you are Tennis fans I find it quite sad that we always seem to pin our hopes on just one person.. Roll on next year!!!!
Well we had a lovely day in the end yesterday Vikki even managed a walk to the field at the back of our house to give Ben a run 🙂 tho she was'nt able to stay long its a start 🙂 Poor girl is still in so much pain with her back.. I could weep for her 😞 its the time of the year when all her friends are out in beer gardens and BBQ,s so she's feeling quite low and is virtually a prisoner in the house without me so we are both a bit fed up... I bought some tickets for Classics in the Park for us and a few friends in July its an open air concert not far from where we live, where you can picnic and relax so that is her goal to be able to enjoy a night out... weather permitting! I bought her a small fold up rocking chair that we can take so she should be able to lie back and enjoy the Concert 🙂 Its a classical night but not too heavy and everyone takes picnic tables and chairs along with food and drink.. A bit like Last night at the Proms but in the open 🙂 this year the Group Bond are playing they are the 4 mini dress clad Girls that play electric violins and instruments so it should be a really good night followed by an orchestra playing good old classics that we can wave the Union Jacks to, then at the end a massive firework display..... fingers crossed the weather bucks up by mid July ;(
Its cooled of quite nicely today so I think a little housework is on the cards.... if I do have to have surgery I will at least have a nice clean home to come back too 🙂 I had a call from Sister of our ward last week and have been a bit put out by it 😞 she asked if I would be going back to work inbetween waiting for results and possible op????? I have a sick note to cover for the time so was a bit upset that she even suggested it... I cant work safely with a thumb that does'nt co-operate so it was a bit of a shock that she even suggested it!! Going to Occy health tomorrow to have a chat with them as I do feel a bit harrassed again 😞 It does upset me to think that a caring organization does'nt have much empathy for their staff and just want them back no matter what problems we are going through 😞
Moan over 🙂 tomorrow is another day so for now have a lovely day flutterbys and be kind to yourselves 🙂 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Doz dont think you were in the wrong at all. but OMG this is your funnest post yet, he drove off knowing he wes in the wrong. i wonder what your son would say about all that.
i also wonder if the radiologest was related to that driver, or was it the same man. janice is right both are a..holes.
Went shopping with my daughter to day, as she starts a new job monday, so treated her to 4 new tops, 2 skirts and a jacket, 4 pillows and king size duvet, bedding!!!! well dont really know how they got on our list, but what the hell, we both had a great day.
also baby sitting on fridays, as they will both be working, bit worried about my balance, so will have to make do with my garden, weather permitting, my grandaughter was a year old when my BC came along, so havent been up to looking after her , but looking forward to it.
hope alls well with everyone xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Doz I have said it before you are a Star I would have been terrified if the guy had come after me but some men are just right a...holes.A t least you won't have to wait too long to get results from scan. The bloke sounded a right old misery maybe he needs to retire and live on his own where he wouldn't have to talk to anyone.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend its been quite nice here but a bit windy sky starting to cloud up but have been out for a walk so it can rain if it likes now love and hugs Janice xx
Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys from a wet and damp Humberside....... quite cool tho thank goodness it was steaming all night.. so not a lot of sleep in this household last night!!!
Vikki's sleep pattern is horrendous! she is awake most of the night and sleeps till mid day.. and when I say sleep its an understatement she's out cold!! I've been trying to wake her early to get a good sleep pattern going but she is just out of it!! 😞
I facebook my son most days in Afghanistan and the last message he sent after telling him about my week was "Mum why is your life one big drama :)" I DONT KNOW!!!! It just happens its always been the same no matter if I lock myself away it still happens!!!
You have to look on the funny side of things when you walk in my shoes 🙂 i've had many years of practice 🙂
GI Jane oh my I am going to have to confess to not having a hairy undercarriage...... over the past 4/5 yrs I started with a little bald patch now its nearly all gone?? and to be honest the legs are quite hairless too BUT i've started getting hairs growing out of my chin! So perhaps I need to turn myself upside down ha ha ha!!! What a topic 🙂 hope your not all eating brekki eeeeek!!
My scan....... I sat waiting for over an hour then when I was called in the Radiologist must have had a worse week than me!!! He was grumpy from the onset... I told him what the physio had said and he said What do they know.. they make it up as they go along!! oooer!!could'nt be PMT cos he was a fella?? so he started scanning and I asked him if he had found anything.. he basically told me to be quiet till he'd finished OOOOER!! that told me!! well me being me could'nt keep quiet for too lomg so I asked him tongue in cheek what he was taking still pictures of as the screen was right in front of me... he just said let me finish!!!! So I finally shut up!! He finished and said right first things first.. the tendon is still intact which is all you need to know (I knew that) so I asked him what was causing it to stick he didnt answer he just said "If the consultant decides to do another cortisone ask him not to send you here to have it done as I dont do them anymore!!!" Oh my what a grumpy old man!!! As I walked out he said to my back you need it sorting out!!! So tail between legs I left no wiser!! Consultant on monday afternoon! Hope its a woman!! I often accompany patients for scans and never in all my years nursing have I met a Radiologist who didnt explain what or why he was doing what he was doing... Grumpy old G*T
Drove home and as I came round the roundabout at the end of our street, its a narrow road.. always cars parked on one side so I waited for the oncoming traffic to clear and started to overtake the parked cars... as I got half way past a car came zooming up and blocked me from getting through.... I opened my window to ask him to reverse as I could'nt with the roundabout being behind me and he would'nt he shouted I have the right of way...... so I replied no you hav'nt i'm already half way down?? so stalemate!!! I drove up onto the pavement to drive past him and silly me gave him the middle finger eeek!!! HE REVERSED AND FOLLOWED ME!!!! He waited till I got out of the car and gave me a mouthful of verbal... I told him to go home and read the highway code then wash his mouth out with soap and water!!!! I was furious.....as he started to drive off I think I may have said "T***SER a bit too loud as he slammed his brakes on and reversed again.. so I took my phone out of my bag and he drove off revving his engine all the way down the street.... OMG!!! are all men pre menstrual??????????????? Perhaps I need to take lessons in keeping my mouth shut too 😞
Spent the rest of the day licking my wounds wondering if its just me or is this world of ours going mental and no'one seems to have time for anyone but themselves!!
On a happier note Daniel has offered to pay for all the extras for Vikki's car so I wont be needing the food parcel Janice 🙂 xx
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend glad to hear your feeling a bit better Yvonne those days do take it out of you but thankfully we do bounce back.. xx
I will welcome some sticky tape for my mouth when you come to hold my hand (if needed) ha ha!!!
Flutter gently girlies love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

yes Jane bad in the North East yesterday we consider ourselves fortunate that we didn't have any problems but I have never seen anything like it.
Yvonne glad you are feeling cheerier re underarms mine grows on the right side only so only have one to shave and g.i Jane mentioning the un mentionable I think we all know where your coming from as we probably have the same problems.
Doz poor you again one of these days things have got to go okay but as Yvonne says you always make a joke out of it and make us laugh with you.Dry and sunny here just hope it lasts weekend love to all you other lovely ladies and hope everyone has a good weekend Janice xxx
p.s Doz let us know if you need food parcels lol x
GIJaneH

Hello flutterbies... Yvonne - you sound down.. not surprising..
Jane - not heard of cooling prosthesis
Em - don't ovrdo it!

Doz - I'll come and hold your hand while they unstick your thumB (other hand, of course!)
like you, I've almost no hair on the armpits, but the legs? Better than the eyebrows!!! and we won't mention the area OUTSIDE the bikini line! Why is it that the bit you'd have waxed comes back first and bushiest???
I've had a restful and refreshing 4 days at clergy conference, and am now back for 4 nights on call, but here's hoping it will be quiet.... I'll be helping other half at the village Fun Day tomorrow -he's selling his wood-turning (beautiful stuff). My son & daughter-in-law are in newcastle & it took her 6 hours to get home last night, with the flooding.

off to watch the tennis...
have a great weekend flutterbies love Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

dear Doz, i have just read your post, and laughed out loud all the way through, except the car, sink tap and shower then thought,Doz never seems to have a peaceful week, where nothing goes smoothly, but you are funny the way you write everything down.
My arm pits are the same as my legs, got it into my head that if i dont shave the arm pits,the cellulitts will leave me alone , will try anything not to get it. does not work tho, but iam free of it for now. think i need one of those mowers with a seat and 4 wheels just to take the top off
On after treatment has finished site, there is a lady who is doing a weight weigh in every sunday at 10am,only just this minute joined, but for the life of me cant remember her name, just about know my name lol, so giving that a try, hope i dont cheat,
As the week has gone on i have felt a lot better in my self, so it was a little blip.
Doz you will be awake when they do your thumb, hooo my , thats a bit of a tummy turner, will hold your hand, while the nurses are picking up from the floor,
Every one have a great weekend xxxxx
Doz1949

Balancing Butterflys with hairy legs 🙂
I should'nt smile but you do make me laugh with your comments 😉 Fortunately i've never had to take my trousers off only my top and the hairy armpits are not a problem anymore as R/T sent them all off into neverland and they hav'nt grown back YAY!!!
I am going to ask about the Letrozole too when I go back for my 2 yr check up in November... how time flies it only seems a couple of months back that I was bricking it over the 1st one I've never had so many joint and muscle problems since starting it.. what with the shoulder/knee/thumb I feel as if the body is packing up on me 😞
I also have a balance problem at times and like Em i've walked into door frames on endless occasions and into anything thats just a bit too close!!! its as if the mind does'nt quite get the distance right and wham!! its in the way!!!!
My app, with physio confirmed trigger thumb but just to be a bit different (that'll be me then!) its "stuck" trigger thumb she said its almost certainly going to need surgery tho under local so that a blessing!!! Actually the stomach just did a whoopsidaisy so maybe not a blessing eeeeeeeeek!!!!! The tendon is catching on something or other when it eventually bends and sticks hence the "stuck" I didnt have my listening ears on when she was explaining the head was on oh no not an op mode so i'm not really sure why its doing it so the scan should be more explanitory???
Had a very expensive week first the kitchen sink tap went kaput water was coming out of all the joints and that was a b***r of a job to have a new one fixed as the fittings were right behind the underneath of the bowl so the plumber was not too happy!!! then the shower decided to copy and the pressure release valve blew so water was billowing out of the base unit aaaaargh!!!!
Then the friend who is selling Vikki's car rang to say the MOT was due AAAAAAAAARGH so had to get that done to sell it....... it passed 🙂 so then had to tax it and they would'nt do it without insurance so wages went into the bank wed, and out on thursday 😞 Now all you ladies who are talking about dieting...... come to my house 🙂 bread and water for the rest of the month ha ha!!! I will let you know how much I loose 🙂
Thunderstorm........................ YIKES it was a bad one was'nt it!!!! I was happily sat watching Nadal get beaten 🙂 I dont like him at all as much as he's a brilliant tennis player I hate his annoying habit of pulling his trousres out of his bum then tucking his hair behind his ears then the fingers go to his nose!!!!!!! Hope he's not sniffing them????? lost the plot here.... oh yes the thunderstorm 🙂 the TV went off all the cars in the train station car park started to alarm and then my light went off OOOER!!!! the dog pooped himself (not literally I hasten to add) but he shot outside and barked his head off at the sky tho when the rain came he bolted back into the house and straight under the table 🙂 what a wuss he is 🙂 it lasted for ages but I eventually got to see the end of the match!!
Well flutterbys so lovely to read the posts too numerous to mention again 🙂 but Yvonne I think we can all relate to the down in the dumps feeling so my heart goes out to you honey.. its really not nice to have the days when you just cant pick yourself up no matter how hard you try and the old saying of be kind to yourself when you do feel down comes to mind 😞 it has to be part of this journey we are on.. as we have all been there and still at times find ourselves low.. bless you xxx
Have a lovely weekend Em 🙂
If music be the food of souls then.... sing your hearts out flutterbys 🙂
Have a lovely weekend whatever your all up to 🙂 and flutter gently.....
Hands spoons hugs and lots of love to you ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
katieb

Yvonne - you're right its not heavy rock! The 'rock' is cos we do few dance movements as well to some of the songs. We do motown, gospel, abba etc
I can imagine the 'balance' being worrying, it restricts you doesn't it? Hope they find out soon whats causing it. My knees playing up today, bend down and have to hold on to something to get back up - so frustrating. I have follow up appointment at hospital in July, so going to ask about letrozole then. Got physio next week for tendonitis in heel - I'm seizing up!
Nice and sunny .... at the moment!
Have good weekend everybody.
Stella xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Stella - a rock choir sounds wonderfull, but iam i right in thinking heavy rock the stuff my son listens to may be not.
its my balance that iam most worried about, nearly fell on to a women in marks and sparks last week, tho that had been my worst wobble ever, she made a comment saying "you nearly went then" i just said sorry, sad really.
Janice - have laughed to my self to day about my hairy legs, and laughed about yours too. Enjoy your time with your family, you are funny.xxxx
buy for now xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

We had storm it seemed to last for ages we had to put lights on it was soooo dark and it did feel quite eerie but not end of world thank goodness.Em I have numbnes in my feet but it is due to arthritis as I didn't have chemo can't relate to the numbness you and others have.Yvonne how I laughed at hairy legs as last year when I had my op they did ecg and my legs also needed the lawnmower had a good laugh as well as nurse said its quite common with all us ladies who wear trousers most of the time.Do hope your mood improves soon we need some sun to dry our wings and cheer us up.
Going to get all tidied up this weekend for my daughter and family coming they start school hols tomorrow as they live in Scotland.Its her birthday next week so she and her hubby are going away for the weekend 7th July and we are having the boys and keeping them here for a week.Then I will be taking them back to Scotland so if I don't post you know I'm busy or away take care flutterbys and good luck for tomorrow Doz love and hugs Janice xx
katieb

Spoke too soon - the storm is now upon us!

katieb

Hi all
Emmy - you're sounding very positive - good for you and enjoy your weekeend.
Yvonne - I still have problem with feet too - I think it is the chemo. The tops of my bigtoes are still sensitive and I have a spot on each heel that gets sore during the night and wakes me and I have to change them around if you follow me! My fingernails are improving - I had some gel nails put on for a wedding and they seem to have helped.
I think the storms missed us, its been very dull all morning but no rain as yet.
Concert was brilliant last night - felt as though I'd achieved something.
Take care everyone
Stella xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI all
Dont know if any of you just had that big storm, it was wonderful, it went really dark and i mean like night, then the thunder and lighting, then rain like i have never seen before, i do like a good storm, clears the air and makes everything all fresh again.
Ami - Feeling better , i do hope this foot problem is due to the chemo, as it was a massive problem during chemo hence the walking stick, my dr said as it goes away, it should not return like this ,it should just fade away. i also had another round of blood tests, which my vains behaved and the nurse got it in one go, so that was good, also back on tamoxifen and the 5lb will go back on quick, and more ha ha.
ami hairy legs, when i think ho my!! really should of been ready for anything , i bet if i tried i could do a french platt now where did my OH put the lawn mower. ha ha ha .
Its still thundering and raining, but must say this weather is really nuts, Its the end of the world!!!!!!!!!
Hugs and best wishes to everyone. xxxxxxxxx
emmy

Well flutterbys I think I ran out of steam a few weeks ago when I started my clear out! Sort of come to a stuttering finish but I will finish and I am sure you feel better for it! I did have a ceremonial bonfire of all my letters, app cards etc. and that felt good so yes onwards I think!
Have ordered the DVD from e-bay total cost £3.20! bargain and I hope to start with the chair exercises then hopefully move on. Diet starts Monday so going shopping for more fruit (I do love fruit!) and looking at starting some walking at a local common as it is flat and I can do flat my problem comes with stairs and hills so till I can do a bit more the common is ideal!Funny this morning had an appointment which was made at hospital changed to when we are in Aus so rang and had to explain all over again! did say I am NOT coming back till the due date Ha!Ha! bless the woman she is going to sort it out!
Yvonne I have the same with my feet! ami I think you are right it may be the chemo but I think somewhere I seem to remember that hormone therapy does that too? I may be wrong and I am sure someone will say but my nails still haven't recovered from Herceptin along with dry skin on fingertips, so difficult to know what is causing what! I also get what I call my drunken moments! where my balance goes a bit wonky and I do look drunk ! I have walked into door frames as I somehow don't judge the distance too well. Spacial awareness that's what I am trying to say! sometimes I haven't got any spacial awareness!
Well got up to gorgeous sunshine and within an hour we had an amazing storm! Hubby managed to get grass cut yesterday phew! It's still raining off and on so no need to water the plants methinks! I have a busy long weekend so I intend to enjoy (hence diet Mon!) We are doing Sunday lunch out with son and wife so it should be nice and got a BBQ for grandson's 16th birthday Sat so as you can see it would be difficult this weekend!
This is probably the most socialising we have done for a long while! But I fully intend to enjoy it and last as late as I can Sat! I am usually in bed for 10 if I last that long! Take care all have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing and as ever group hug Em xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I’ve been thinking about you today, Yvonne and wondering why you hadn’t posted? Must be psychic! I’m so sorry you are down in the dumps. I think it so frustrating when you’re not feeling right and all you ask is just to feel “normal”. Just wondering if your feet problem could be connected to chemo? I know when I had it, it affected my feet and took a while for the numbness to wear off. I still have it slightly if I think hard enough about it. If you need a stick for the time being then use it, don’t feel embarrassed. It’s better than falling. You made me laugh at the hairy legs, I could just imagine you, but I think those sorts of things are often overlooked when we feel so rubbish, especially when we don‘t expect to be asked to take off our trousers. Did you explain that Butterflies do have hairy legs? Ha ha ha! Well Yvonne, I haven’t lost 51b through cleaning, so well done you! Elsa-Jane, have a great time up in Scotland! Sorry, I haven’t heard of the cooling prosthesis either. Wearing pocked bra’s might help? Doz, how did the appointment go today? Hugs sent for all Flutterbys! Wonder if Carolyn Cole is strutting her stuff? Love Ami xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
seems a long time since i came on here, dont know whats up with me , bit down in the dumps.
went to the hospital to see dr, scan ok but he has arranged an MRI scan and nerve test, cuz my balance is so bad, will only go out if someone is with me i do have a walking stick but embarrased to use it , just want to be normal,he also did a tuning fork test and i felt nothing in my feet, every where else it hummed like mad, had to take my jeans off and out popped 2 hairy legs could of cried as i have never taken jeans off before, laughed about that on way home tho. just waiting for those appointments now.
also start at lympho clinic on 11 july untill 2nd of august, so that is moving on nicely.
Looks like you have all caught the cleaning and chucking out bug, all the cleaning i did last week i lost 5lb as i was weighed at the hospital,
hello hero67, hope you are feeling a little better, iam not much of a writer, but can see that everyone has given good advice which makes us see we are normal in this BC world xxxx
buy for now, sending everyone a huge hug xxxxxxxx
emmy

I will have a look for it, thanks Stella I need to do something and try to lose a bit to go to Aus as I want to enjoy sightseeing without the struggle! I have seen the signs locally for Rock Choirs but hubby is at work but there is an amazing evening in Aug with so many old bands from the 60's which we are thinking of going to it sounds like great fun! We might even get some decent weather by then!
Hugs Em xxxxx