1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Doz1949

Re: Where did I go????

Thanks Flutterby 🙂 early night all round then I gather...
We stayed up till around half one then I was up at 8 to watch it again..... I dont think i'm going to get much done over the next few weeks ha ha!!!
I will ring the Dr and see what they suggest xxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Its my favourite to Doz we stayed up till one as well so tired today.I am def better on the Femara and aches and pains much less and no headaches which I got with the letrozole good luck with getting them sorted I had no problem with my G.P she just changed them.Its bad enough taking pills without them disagreeing with you.XXX
Doz1949

Hi Flutterbys just a quickie today.... just read Janice's post and it suddenly dawned on me that my palpitations (missed beat) and painful shoulders started 2 days after I got my new pack of Letrozole??? AND they are'nt Femara??? They are a different brand (Actavis) when I questioned this at the pharmacy they just said its all about cost and I didnt give it another thought but now I am wondering if its that???? My Dr did say the problems i'm having could be the Letrozole hence the blood tests along with the ECG...
I have just rang the Pharmacy and they have told me to ring the Dr on monday to explain about the change He said its all about cost, and something in the generic form could be disagreeing with me??
Kind of feel a bit easier now there may be an explanation to why I feel so rubbish 😞
Thankyou flutterbys 🙂 what would we do without each others knowledge bless ya
Have a lovely weekend.... Olympic opening ceremony ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I had a few fill up moments especially the beginning when they children sang Jerusalem.... my favourite song 🙂
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHUGSXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone just caught up with posts had a busy time lately so now have time to write.Shoulders seem to be a problem for a lot of us.When I was first diagnosed I had a painful shoulder so it was very hard for me to lift my arm up so Ifound Radiotherapy quite painful as I couldn't move for a while and couldn't put my arm down as shoulder was so stiff.Thankfully it seems to be okay now and x ray showed arthritis so I try to keep it moving.
Hope you have all had some sun this past week it has been cloudy at times here but warm so sleep disturbed by heat.Never happy are we ha ha.
Hope everyone is doing okay and any apps etc go alright.I am having my annual M.O.T on 16th Aug so hope everything is fine I feel okay but sometimes my B.P goes haywire.
Glad you got Femara Stella I know I am much better with it than the generic Letrozole and my pharmacist did agree with me so there must be something in it.
I was going to do 10k race for life with my daughter in law but we had to cancel as she has enough to cope with at present.Hope all of you who will be watching enjoy the Olympics I will be watching some of ot as hubby will no doubt have it on all day long.Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend.I am off to Dunfermline on Monday for a few days so will catch up when I get back love and hugs to all Janice xxx
Crabbit

Hello lovely ladies,
I've had probs logging on to reply lately, but all seems okay today. I hope your week off is going well Doz. I'm sure you will have a lovely time in Sept too, how lovely. Hope your long catch up with your friends goes well too. Enjoy your appt free time as well.
Stella, hope you didn't overdo it helping your boy to move. Like you say it's exciting the first time. Look after your shoulder too though. Glad the femara is helping too, enjoy your garden whilst you can.
Elsa Jane look after yourself at work too. So easy to get sucked into doing too, too much and paying for it later. Glad things are going well too.
Jane, hope you are okay and not too tired? You do work hard petal! I am lucky so far with no lympho. I know it can creep up on you a couple of years after, but so far so good and that's been with flying, insect bites and cuts and scrapes.
Em the christening sounded just lovely. I know what you mean about being treated normally. It's great. I was out last night with colleagues, many of whom who I have not seen since BC. It was great not to be asked about it at all!
We have had two or three nice days here, but not the glorious sunshine which you have had in England. I am enjoying being off with Lewis. Been totally misbehaving diet wise for the last 4 weeks but hoping to get back on track with a healthy shop this week!
Our oldest boy was married in Mauritius yesterday. it was quite emotional, in a virtual way. Looking forward to catching up with the happy couple next weekend at their party. They don't want to wait too long for children either. I would never take being a granny for granted. I think a lot of assumptions are made abot fertility issues! We do joke that we need grandchildren so that Lewis has children his own age to play with.
We are going to head over to my mum's today for a catch up, then do something nice with Lewis and that healthy shop! Looking forward to watching all the Olympics coverage. I have finally started my training for the 10k proper and am feeling a little more confident. Only doing three runs a week because I know once George is working away I will struggle to get it done. I get so bored on the treadmill!
Take care ladies, flutter gently and sorry I have not got around to all of you. Never quite get peace to do this! xxx

Doz1949

Hiya Flutterbys
Well I guess the weather has you all fluttering about.... and showing off your hair Stella thats great to hear 🙂 We have had some excellent weather and i've had the week off too (annual leave) so been doing very little ha ha!!
Nights are a bit too warm but I WILL NOT COMPLAIN as we've waited so long for a good spell.. Vikki is making good use of the lie back rocking chair I got her for Classics night and with now being off the dreaded antibiotics is able to sit out and enjoy it without the fear of hiding under the brolly.. and she is getting a lovely colour so I think its making her feel more human again 🙂 we have had a lovely week in between appointments 🙂 had my ECG Dental app, just got my bloods to go in morning then a whole week without having to see someone or other!!! Will hopefully get results next week so trying very hard to chill and just enjoy my time off...
We had some brilliant news today Vikki's medical insurance company finally came to a decision to pay her for being an inpatient YAAY!!!! She can now get herself straight after being on statutory sick pay for so long and bless her she is treating us both to a 4 day stay at Ragdale Hall in September WOOOOHOOO She has set herself the goal to have the break with me as a thankyou for just being there for her since Feb, I just filled up as what Mother could'nt do what comes naturally... She wont be able to take advantage of some of the treatments ie back massage full body massage, but she will be able to have the facial, manicure/pedicure and Indian head massage that comes in with the price.... BUT I CAN 🙂 I am so excited ha ha!!!
GI Jane bless you I have been saying no no no but no'one listened so i'm pleased i'm off this week so I can say every morning when the sun comes out yes yes yes 🙂 I do envy you being able to make your own jams and chutneys sadly my garden is'nt big enough to grow much other than flowers/plants but I do have a blackcurrant bush that yeilded just enough to make a pie 🙂 and I had enough rhubarb to make some nice pud's but I would have loved more land to grow my own.... as for the salary cut oh dear thats just not nice bless ya 😞
Jane you are right about the post op exercises the physio who came to see me straight after my op told me to keep them up for as long as possible and even suggested a year.. at the time it seemed quite daunting but after letting them slip a bit I am back doing them too, as i've had awful problems with my shoulder and I do think they help.. I still think its bad that you have to use your a/l up but I guess everywhere is different 😞
Well Ben is back to normal and enjoying the little paddling pool we got from Asda (other shops are available ha ha) but for £2 who can grumble... he sat in it yesterday so he must have been warm 🙂
Meeting up with our long lost friends of 45yrs on sunday who went to live in Sth Africa.. they are now back as most of their family are over here now so i'm really looking forward to a good catch up... er long catch up 🙂
Hope you are all enjoying the sun while it lasts and fluttering gently love and hugs to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elsa

Hello all
Stella-wig free hurray......that must feel really good...I imagine that it could get rather hot with a wig in this weather...I'm like you I'm doing my exercises again to ease the old shoulders. I read somewhere that in other countries they recommend you do your post op exercises for at least a year because of potential scar tissue so I think that's what I'll do.
GI Jane-I can't believe that your salary is being cut by 2k 2 years running...how !*/!! is that? My OH is always complaining that he hasn't had a rise for the last few years or so but I keep telling him that some people are having their salaries cut and that actually he is better off than others. I work with some Social Workers and they had to take a pay cut this year, one of them has now left to go and work with a private childcare company as she'd had enough...except I know that privare companies could be even worse as I've worked for one myself in the past, so I hope she hasn't gone out of the frying pan into the fire so to speak. I will be losing my manager in the cuts, his post is going. I checked our policy on using up Annual Leave for a phased return and unfortunately it is true...I have to use up any accrued annual leave for this and if I still want to work reduced hours after it is all used up then I will be paid only for the hours worked. Great eh?
Anyway, that's another week at work over and done with and this week I worked my usual hours ie full days....tiring but doable......will enjoy the rest of the week and this glorious weather
Tqke care flutterbies

Jane xx

katieb

PS forgot to say went out for the first time yesterday without the wig! Hooray!
Stella x

katieb

Morning everyone
Well didn't I choose the right week to have off work!!
Carolyn, your trip to Verona sounds really exciting - I'm not doing anything like that unfortunately! Went to the garden centre yesterday with friends for lunch - that was really nice. Out with son no. 3 this evening for a meal, then off to Manchester Thursday to help son no.2 and his partner Leanne move into their first house - they're so excited (wait till all the bills roll in!)
I'm doing my arm and shoulder exercises again as keep getting a pain on the top of the arm on affected side. Also have more exercises from physio for heel. GP gave me femara again as the budget dr hadnt replied to her email. It does make a difference.
I had immediate recon (implant) after my mx, rads have affected it -feels quite tight but still happy with it.
Elsa thats great news - it is such a relief isn't it? You go enjoy yourself.
Doz - hope your thumbs improved over the weekend and Ben is still prancing around. Is Vicky enjoying the sunshine?
Yvonne, Ami,GI Jane, Janice hope you all ok and everybody else I haven't mentioned. Going to get my book and sit in the garden for an hour - with my factor 50 of course!
Enjoy the sun safely girls
Stella xx

GIJaneH

have we been enjoying the sunshine, Flutterbies???!!! YEP!!

The Christening sounded fun!

picked currants today and made 11 jars blackcurrant jam this afternoon (OH's favourites) so that's us stocked up for a bit... chutney time soon..... couldn't do it last year, so it's great to be able to this year...

My lymphodema is not behaving, but getting 4 wheelchairs over from the multi-storey car park to the chapel this morning might have had an aggrannoying effect...

DD & her partner...

Doz, I think you need to stand in front of a mirror and practice...."no..." "no... " "no.. I'm on light duties".. "no"...
it gets easier..... for heaven's sake! Fancy making you work normally with a thumb like that!!!! I practice too... just taken the service today cause my colleague's gone to Lourdes and there was no-one else to take it... which cut into my ONLY complete weekend off this month! Hey ho! AND we've just been told that our salaries will be cut by 2K next year and another 2K the year after!!! Fab-u-NOT
Great time yesterday, we clubbed together to buy OH a drive in a Ferrari and a Lamborghini for Christmas, and it was yesterday - first day of the good weather. DD came too (she's a car freak), so it was a lovely morning out.

HOpe everyone's OK... to tired to go through everyone tonight, but lots of hugs and hand to anyone who needs it...

hope the wings are stronger after the warmth..love Jane

emmy

Hi flutterbys all! Well I have been to my first 'social' occasion a christening, it was wonderful and I have to say a bit of a surprise as our lovely lady vicar used to be one of our gp's till she got the call (I think that's right?) along with another lady vicar who did one of the babies as she is a family member so it was all joined up! It was a day for the young children as their were 3 christenings one adult and two babies. The children were asked to help pour the water into the font which they loved! some were running about happily but not in a bad way then the babies who were both asleep did not cry just woke up looking quite surprised! The adult said it was now down to him to cry! All in all a lovely joyful occasion which everyone really enjoyed, the weather was and is perfick!!!!
My grandson was one of the god fathers which he will take seriously but he had a late night last night so yawned a couple of times during the service which I told him I had noticed he said he had tried not to be obvious! Taking the micky I told him we only knew from the gale force winds!!! He looked so grown up and very handsome, when he held the little one it took me all my time not to cry (in a good way!) he suddenly looked so grown up(when did that happen?) I think it was the perfect time to do something like this and I felt quite happy though am tired now! I did enjoy seeing faces that I haven't seen for almost two years it made me feel part of the world again if that doesn't sound silly? But I have to say it was so good to be just one of the guests and chatted with several people who didn't ask, look or make me feel awkward as I thought I might.
Carolyn what an adventure! We all need one of those from time to time! Doz lovely the hand is as we speak on it's way to you! I promise not to giggle! dentist ugh! I really began to think I saw more of mine than anyone else but thankfully the last filling seems to have done the trick! ami I did wonder cat/bird situation it must be some sort of supercat breed! They are amazing we had a cat for 16 years and he was completely bonkers! I think they mostly are!
Right such a baby but I need a cuppa and a lie down I think! I will just cabbage on the sofa for the rest of today!
Take care all and as ever huge group hug! Em XXXXXXXX

Doz1949

I feel left out 🙂 I hav'nt got a message
Carolyn the road trip.... how exciting it sounded like such fun and what a way to see the sights 🙂 sorry to hear the S/E are back with avengence.. I dont think mine ever went you get so used to them rearing their ugly head it just becomes part and parcel till a massive flush comes along and you suddenly realize you hav'nt had one for a day or two... then bang they all come together! Grumpy yup thats me too!!!!
There was a viewing on Daniels apartment on Friday but being at work I could'nt do it so Ex had to (ha ha!!) He could'nt get his keys to work in the new locks so had to come all the way to mine to get my set... only to find he still could'nt get in??? So a call to the locksmiths who fitted the new ones to come and sort it out.. in the mean time the lady had turned up to view 😞 the locksmith then turned up and announced someone had put superglue in the locks AAAARGH!!!! Not the best sales pitch!!! It is so sad as the apartment is in such a lovely part of town and has a 200 year old history so a beautiful building too... needless to say she wont be buying it 😞 We are assuming its all about the idiot who was renting the place as when Ex finally got in there was a message (not too polite) for this guy.... so now we've had to put a notice up saying he does'nt live there anymore and hope that it sends these nastys on their way 😞 Had to replace all the locks again so not a happy bunny!
Ami Ben is completely recoverd from his blip 🙂 so much so he has started doing his little jig he used to do as a puppy he has had me and Vikki in stitches this past couple of days so not only has the sun come out but laughter is heard from this lil ol house 🙂 even more so if I look in the mirror someone painted a picture that looks like me but surely not???? I try not to look anymore its like my Granny staring back eeeek!!! I'm still young in my head and will not give in to the wrinkles and sags ha ha ha!!!
Glad to hear the shoulder rolling is helping... it does work if you can keep it up 🙂 ........ says she who forgets!!!
Hope all is well with everyone i'm sure Em is getting Butterflies in the real sense at the thought of Oz oh how I envy you girls off on hols, I'm planning (in my head for now) a break for Vikki and myself as soon as she is capable of sitting for long enough to travel, to somewhere really nice 🙂 be it winter summer or spring we will be off!!! Woo hoo!!! AND I CANT WAIT!!!!!
Enjoy the sun while we have it girlies 🙂 we are BBQ'ing today I bought a new one yesterday from B&Q in the sales 🙂 rather splendid till I took it out to the car and the box would'nt go in my boot aaargh!!! so had to unpack it and put ALL the bits in as best as possible.. got home and it took over an hour a few swear words and a sore thumb to put it together... then came the job of attatching the lid and shelves !?**!? I will stick to nursing!!!!!!!!! But its all sorted now and ready to go.. the sun is shining and Megan is coming for tea so BBQ at the ready yay!!!!!
ECG Bloods occy health and Dentist this week 😞 my calendar is still being worked through 😞
Love and a group hug, with the wish for a app/flush/grumpy/ache free week for you all, Flutter gently flutterbys
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sascha

I too have one new message apparently and cannot find it...another glitch perhaps??

Guest user
Not applicable

Doz, I laughed at Ben in a sulk, feeling sorry for himself, until the bag of crisps rustled! That is so like my dog! His ears lift, his eyes shine and he nearly knocks you over! And oh dear, that uncool collar cut him to the quick, I suspect! Glad to hear he’s OK now though and I bet you‘ve both spoilt him! Elsa-Jane, I can’t say I’ve had problems with my shoulder or neck. Perhaps we’re unaware of holding one side tense? About being over 50. I’m the same…my mind is stuck in my 20’s so I don’t like what I see when I look in the mirror! It’s really nice you seem a bit brighter and you haven’t to go back to the doctors for 6 months, that’s also enough to lift you. Do you think going back to work has helped? Emmy, ooooooh, not long now (as Jane says) for Austraylyia! How exciting, especially after being tied to the hospital for so long. Once Herceptin has finished, yes, there’s a sense of freedom knowing you haven’t to go back until Dec. Carolyn, your trip to Verona sounds lovely, I could do with a break. But I’m sorry to hear you have Tamoxifen side effects returning….very uncomfortable, and taking the edge off life.
O.H just shouted me to look at this grey bird on the apex of the house roof across the road. “Wood pigeon“, I said. But then we realised it had 4 legs!! A cat was nonchalantly strolling across the tiles then down and onto the conservatory roof. Must have been 30ft up!
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Hugs to anyone going to the hospital.
Love to you all. And as Elsa-Jane says…..dup n doo doo, here comes the sun! Ha, ha ,ha….love that description Jane!
Ami xx
(PS. Strange.... I have 1 New Message in my box, but I can’t find it????)
Crabbit

Hello lovelies, Doz, Ami, Stella, Jane, Elsa Jane, Yvonne, Janice and Em, sorry if I have forgotten anyone. Not been out since TITP but lovely to read your posts and well done GI Jane, a fantastic photo.
We spent a week delivering my little brother's car to Verona. It was a nice wee adventure, but tiring. I have never taken the ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden (AMsterdam) before with DFDS and what a pleasant surprise! It was fantastic. To drive down to the tunnel and pay would have cost just as much ( if not more). Booked through aferry.com and saved a lot of money on a Commodore cabin.
We got to Ehrwald in Austria eventually, stunning even in three days of rain! We had to but new waterproofs because the taping on ours failed (Probably because I washed them incorrectly after TITP!). Highlight was the Oompah band who were playing in blinding snow outside the Bierhalle at the summit of the Zugspitze!
Drive to Garda was the best part of the journey in terms of being trouble and traffic jam free but with no air con in the car and me being a sicky we were winging it down the autobahns with windows wide open looking like a right group of chumps I'm sure!
After having a great couple of months free from SE's (Tamoxifen) I'm disappointed that they seem to be back with a vengeance! Especially the damp downstairs, hot and cold flushes and grumpiness. I hope you appreciate my euphamism ladies not like me to be delicate.
Hope that all the results keep going our way and best wishes to anyone who is going for tests/ scans soon.
Take care everyone. xx Carolyn xx

Elsa

Well, i saw my doctor yesterday morning and it was all good.....hurray That's it for another 6 months so I can relax and look forward to my sister's wedding and then our holiday in France..I slept so well last night.
Doz-thanks for the advice on shoulder exercises, i am now rolling them regularly and it is helping. I also got my swim pass this week so I'll be swimming 3-4 times a week now I expect, which should do me good too.
GI Jane-I don't think I'm going to bother with a recon either, I'm managing as I am...plus the thought of any more ops at the moment does not do it for me!
Emmy-what can I say but yayyyyyYou sound sooo excited and happy......
The thing in the sky is so bright this morning, is it a bird, is it a plane.......no, here comes the sun, dup n doo doo, here comes the sun and I say, its alright

Take care flutterbies

Jane xx

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Thanks Jane work was same old same old... in at the deep end and the phrase "phased return" only seems to count in the hrs you do not the graft!! ooooer does that sound a bit naffed off 😞 think the word is yes 😞
I wont go into the details but I was a bit cross as I only went back to help out with the non patient care side of things till I get to see Plastics on Aug 3rd but as always it didnt happen and the thumb suffered 😞 could hardly use it yesterday and today still has'nt done the first bend 😞 and yes back for a late shift today.. they take no prisoners 😞 Grumpy old g*t am I xx
Jane 2 I didnt have a mastectomy but I do have shoulder/neck problems.. I was told by the consultant on my 1st yrs re-visit that it is unfortunately a side effect and Jane 1 is right you do need to keep up with the exercises to keep the muscles pain free.. I saw physio re this problem and she said its common for the affected shoulder to be more tense so yes a bit uneven if you look in the mirror, affected side can be a bit higher, and she suggested shoulder rolling to ease the ache and it does work (if you remember to do it 🙂
Ben's dew claw dropped off yesterday 🙂 after having a really bad night with him panting and being very unsettled I popped him back to the vets yesterday morning with a sock on instead of the trauma bucket 🙂 and when the vet took the sock off it had dropped off... so a wasted visit but we did laugh as once the sock was off he pranced around like a puppy and Yes... a drama queen 🙂
My love to everyone and I hope the forecasted sun reaches you all for a lovely weekend.. what a lovely bunch of Butterfly's you ALL are too many to mention but all in my thoughts hoping all is well in your corner of the world 🙂
Love always Flutterbys xxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GIJaneH

Doz - how did work go?
Em - Austraylya! SO jealous! Enjoy!
and yes, Elsa Jane, it was an "ology" !!!!! If I'd finished the whole Masters (I only did a third!) it would have been a masters in TheOLOGY hehehe! I've had a mastectomy without recon (not even been OFFERED one!)(not that I'd have it) and, no I don't have any pain, but I do pilates and my podiatrist keeps on about shoulders being EVEN... don't know if that helps...
Hopefully, it looks like we might get our wings dried out this weekend... off to watch OH drive a ferrari and a lamborghini tomorrow - his Christmas present from the whole family... DD and I are going along to cheer....

hope you all have a good weekend,
love to all (and those I've not mentioned)... Jane

emmy

Hi flutterbys! Just to say all go for Aus! Had to have blood test which takes six weeks to process results on my arthritis to ensure I get the right treatment, that was rather painful foot again and owwwww!!!! I felt such a wuss but I did get tearful and nurse tells me now she knows she can't use my arm she will go straight to it in future!? I will see specialist in Dec after we get back so I am a happy bunny no apps and doc was lovely told me to make sure I had enough tabs and to take two months although we are away for 5 weeks he said count travel and in case of any delays he would rather I had too many than not enough!
I so hope you are not all soggy winged! Summer is supposed to be on it's way finally I would so like to sit outside evenings and just enjoy some sunshine as it does so cheer me up! I hate that I don't know what to wear I take a coat or cardi only to find I am so hot! The humidity seems to set up those wonderful flushes to go into manic mode! I sat in doc's surgery this morning and was slowly stripping off!!! Not down to serious exposure but I would have if I had got any hotter!
I am glad to see you are all mostly doing well, Jane you do look smart in your hat and gown! I hope you enjoyed your moment you deserved it! Jane2 I am sure we all feel 28 but I suspect we are mostly all over 50! I have a friend who at 40 decided to go backward in age and then after some years couldn't remember what her actual age was so had to check! hey whatever makes you happy! Janice you must be feeling quite peaceful now which does make you look forward to your grandsons visit and the peace that comes after! I loved them at that age so interesting and I so love their take on the world!
Doz lovely as for apologising for off loading this is the best place to do it where it doesn't do you any harm and gives you a space to vent with flutterby understanding! Yvonne lympho nurses are wonderful as far as I am concerned mine has insisted I go see her before flying off (so next week) she wants to ensure I wear a correct sleeve probably with the glove for the flight says she is determined that it won't spoil our holiday! I am pleased to say that my arm went from 23% swollen to now being the same as my other arm in fact even slimmer in a couple of places really wonderful to have it under control! I asked GP for anti b's for 'in case' and he asked had I got cover for bc? I said yes and he says he would rather I went to see a doctor rather than self medicate as it may be the wrong thing? So I agreed and am going to be super dooper careful!
ami I haven't gone too mad with the housework in fact if I do I can't move for several days so I do a bit as I go but I feel a real sense of achievement these days for what I took for granted before! I really am convinced that I am certainly feeling quite smug when I get to do a little more! How easy pleased am I? but it is important to me and it's good to take back some control in my life . Well gp told me he doesn't want to see me till I get back and only if I need it! My specialist date is for Dec so I have so enjoyed the sense of freedom I have yay!!!
Carolyn,Stella,Elsa,Fluffy and I hope I haven't left anyone out I am wishing you all a lovely sunny weekend and it is supposed to be all over the country next week so enjoy the sun on your wings! Sending spoons, the hand if you need it and of course a group hug to all Em xxxxxx

Elsa

I've now completed my second week back at work, albeit only 3 half days a week! So far so good, I was tired, no, I was exhausted the first week but this week has been a bit better-so many changes going on at work.....making people reinterview for jobs, heard about the first redundancy today, so really difficult times for everyone....I've got an appointment to see Occy Health next week but am going to change it as its on my day off!!Ami...I don't think I'm going to look for another job at the moment, I need to see hpw this one pans out over the next few months and then see.
Just a question to all you flutterbies who've had mastectomies and no recon....do any of you suffer with painful shoulder and neck on the unaffected side?Its always if I've been on the computer fort any length of time... think its due to being 'unbalanced'...I have my first check up this Friday so will mention it to the doctor.
Really enjoying swimming at the moment, it seems to help everything from achy muscles to relaxation..I'm even thinking of getting a pass for the pool so it'll be cheaper if I start going regularly. I go along to the 50+ sessions, oh no am I really over 50!!!!In my mind I'm stuck at being 28 years old and then I look in the mirror!!! Ah well...

GI Jane...congratulations on getting your 'ology' as Maureen Lipman would have said on those old BT ads...fantastic
Doz...hope work is ok for you
Hope all you flutterbies are well and your wings are fluttering......
Love

Jane xx

Doz1949

Hi Girls
One hour to countdown then back at work...... not sure how I feel?
I went to Dr's re heart missing a beat and palptations and yes Ami he thinks its all the worries and stress thats been going on lately but still having to go for ECG and full blood test.. he also said it could be the Letrozole, though i've been on it for 15 months so possibly not?? Also BP was very low... So next week will be another busy appointment week.... again!!
Ben is now walking around... er! not really.. with a plastic bucket thing on his head from the Vets.. he is sulking big time but its important for him not to keep licking it 😞 The break in the claw was too close to the vein to completely chop it off so its been trimmed and hopefully if it stays dry it will dry up and break off naturally.. he's such a drama queen 🙂 he wont go out he wont eat unless we feed him bit by bit and he's stopped wagging his tail... but get a bag of crisps out and he's right there knocking everything over to get to you!!!!!
Just a quick catch up today as i'm trying so hard to get my head round being back at work 😞
Hope you are all well and all appointments are positive..
Love always xxxxxxhugsxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Emmy, I’m so pleased you’re finding you can do a little housework these days. It’s so satisfying when you haven’t been able to. About your baby robin….I was up in the night, standing looking out of the window. I spotted a neighbours cat calmly sitting in the middle of the road, then noticed a little mouse running around at it’s feet. The cat kept pawing it, getting it to scurry wildly. I really felt like running out in my PJ’s and shooing it off! Finally, they inched their way to the pavement and I silently cheered when the mouse escaped into some bushes! I hate the way cat’s torment their prey and I’m a cat lover! Elsa-Jane, how is work? Have you found anything new you might apply for yet? Hope you aren’t finding it as tiring this week. Doz, have you seen your long lost friend from S.Africa yet? So glad you still enjoyed your evening in the park, despite the rain! It would have been perfect for you all had it not been for that! I would not be at all surprised if your palpitations were due to all the ongoing worry you’ve had! It can appear when you’re stressed and tired. Good luck for Wed at work! More stress for you! Ooooh, Poor Ben! My dog seems to have had his dew claws removed before I got him! It can be very painful if they catch them. Wonder if that’s why mine reluctantly gives you his paw? Does he remember, I ask? I’ve had him since he was 6 and a half weeks old. Don’t apologise fluttery, for offloading! Congratulations Jane on your presentation! What an achievement. You must justifiably be very proud of yourself and I loved finding your impressive photo! Thanks for posting that. I too, Jane, have had lots of messages which I apparently sent to myself as well as a post???? Lovely to see you are still posting, Cackles and phew….your CT scan was clear….wonderful! I’m sending best wishes along for your friend. Are you back to normal now, Janice, after the boys, especially with all that bottled up energy which needed burning off due to bad weather! Lovely to have them and I bet it seems very quiet now? Sorry you’re having to go through an x ray and wait for results, but it sounds like you think it’s routine. Still an irritation though. Was wondering how your appointment went last Friday, Stella, but so glad to hear you’re happy after it. Hope this weeks go as well for you, flutterby. Yvonne, I was about to send out a search party for you, but you were out spending at the sales! Your calendar must be full of hospital appointments, no wonder you feel like you’re on a merry-go-round. I really feel for you, little butterfly!
Have a pleasant evening everyone. Love and a hand to those who have appointments, Ami xx
Guest user
Not applicable

At last time to reply to you all Ami hope you are continuing to be well and not doing too much housework and hopefully not washed away yet.
G.I.Jane congratulations you look great in your photo well done.
Doz whatever next for you it seems to be never ending.I take Atenolol on a regular basis initially for my B.P but they tried to wean me off it and it was terrible my heart was racing at 140 beats so I was nearly passing out so now on it for life.Hope they can sort you out soon.Sometimes if you have a virus apparently that can cause palpitations so maybe it could be something like that.As for off-loading thats why we are here for each other.
Yvonne hope results turn out okay haven't been for x ray yet as just got to call in so will do it when Iam near hospital.
Emmy Stella Elsa Jane Cackles Carolyn Yvonne and anyone I haven't mentioned flutter gently and hopefully this weekend may give us some sunshine (that is if the forecast is right) love and hugs Janice xxx
p.s it is soooo quiet here but seeing boys again in 2 weeks so will have to recover soon ha ha
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
Gijane- How wonderful you look , congratulations too you xxxxx
Doz- Despite the rain you both sound like you had a great nite. Your poor dog, i have bashed my foot many a time just like he's done, so i feel his pain.
Janice- Welcome back, also despite the rain you all had a wonderful time. i look after my grandaughter on friday's and the last 2 its done nothing but rain, but we still go for a long walk, then stop off at shop for chocolate, tho its hard work running around after a 2 year old, but i would not change it for the world. Will have a hand held out for you on friday, hope all goes well.
On saturday with my daughter we went to the next sale, 5am, i think she could open a hotel with all the bedding she brought, also lots of childrens clothes which were less than half price, so it was worth going, i slept most of that afternoon lol.
Last week had my MRI and CT scans, had to have them done without canualla as my vains kept giving way, 5 times they tried and am left with a bruised arm. One more test on 27th july. Also lympho nurse put back my appointments till 1st week in august as she needs results of these tests. feel like iam on a merry go round.
Well its raining here, no change there then!!. Hope every one is keeping well and not getting to rusty with all the rain.xxxxxx
Jo_BCC

Hi Katie,

I've passed this problem on to our technical team to have a look at for you.

Kind regards,

Jo, Facilitator

katieb

That's what we're for Doz, so you can offload. Can't believe all the things that keep happening to you. Weather is such pain - but glad you still enjoyed the Classics night and GI Jane the Tree wedding - never heard of one of those. It is difficult getting back to work and you have to deal with feeling guilty about that too.
Congratulations GI Jane - photo is great. My appointment with surgeon on Friday went well. Came out much happier. Said my implant is tight but can improve that when she does more reconstructive work next year. She also suggested Arimidex if femara doesn't help aches and pains - but don't know whether its psychological but doesn't seem so bad. See GP again on Thursday and Physio Friday.
I'm getting lots email messages about messages? I haven't changed notifications and now I can't find it to look at it -whats going on BCC?
Hope you're all doing ok, Yvonne, Ami, Janice, Jane 2, Carolyn, Emmy and everybody else of course.
Stella xxx

Jo_BCC

Hi Jane,

I have passed your problem onto the technical team to have a look at.

Kind regards,

Jo, Facilitator

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys..
GI Jane how splendid you look 🙂 I can totally empathize with the weather and the wedding poor girl, the one thing you pray for is the weather above everything else 😞 The scenario of the gazebo's is familiar for our Classics in the Park night it started off really well then this huge cloud came over and you just knew it was going to dump everything and sundry onto us..... at 6.00 it did... but being the staunch British that we are we went prepared kagools brollys etc so there we were sat in a field about 2,000 people all with brollys up Orchestra blasting out Thunder and lightening (Mozarts version I think??) and it heaved it down for an hour... wet does'nt begin to describe it when I stood up... the lady behind me had her brolly tilted towards me and until I stood up I didnt realize it had all drained onto my chair eeeeeek!!! BUT not one to give in to the elements I carried on regardless in wet jeans and the night turned out amazing once the rain stopped 🙂 it was so nice that everyone had stayed put and kept the evening going!! Vikki had the biggest brolly 🙂 and managed to stay dry and thoroughly enjoyed it all 🙂 another Classics to go down in the Good night book of memories 🙂 soggy bum or not ha ha!!! The firework display at the end of the night to Land of Hope and Glory was something else 🙂
Though Vik's had a brilliant night she was suffering yesterday and poor girl looked dreadful 😞 she didnt get up till 3.00 so I'm hoping she feels better today 😞
Janice I hope your appointment goes well hon xx I have an appointment for Dr's too.... I've had palpitations which are now driving me daft... no pains and not feeling poorly but its very tiresome when it does'nt go away and especially when your in bed and all is quiet and your heart does a funny little flutter and misses a beat 😞 its a bit scary so finally going to get it checked out tomorrow 😞 I kept hoping I would wake up and it had gone but its now 7 days and its not going 😞 I'm so sick of this body of mine... i've never had so many problems niggles and aches I feel as if i'm turning into a hypochondriac and i'm due to start work again on wednesday afternoon 😞 I have agreed to go back for a few hrs a week till my appointment on Aug 3rd for my thumb... not doing early shifts as its still very sore/stiff and wont bend for a couple of hrs first thing of a morning so i'm doing a couple of late shifts this week to see how it goes as I know the ward is struggling to cover shifts with hols etc.... and I do need to get back at some point as I cant stay off till Aug 3rd.. trying to fit all Vikki's app's and my own in is becoming a nightmare and last night Ben snapped his dew claw... blood everywhere and I cant get into the vets till tomorrow...I have no idea what he did he was walking through the lounge and as he came round the coffee table he screamed.... and started limping then we saw the blood.. so he is now walking round with a bandaged foot.. on 3 legs.. looking very sorry for himself... If I take the bandage off he licks it all the time and wont leave it alone so the bandage stays on!!
I feel another AAAARGH!!! coming on 😞 and yes its b****y raining again SOB!!!!!
Floundering flutterby comes to mind!!!
I hope everyone is well and problem free 😞 all I seem to do lately is offload on here sorry flutterbys...
Love and big hugs to you all and once more a wish for some sunshine that lasts longer than a day!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GIJaneH

Morning all.... Doz, how frustrating for VIcki, but I guess it's better to err on the side of caution if there's a chance of doing her permanent damage... but yes, it's a long way to go to be told that!!!

Weather forecast OK for the latter part of the week - wings crossed!

We went to a wedding at a Tree Cathedral on Saturday - mud bath more like! It was LITERALLY, dress & wellies, and the poor bride! It was not raining as she arrived, but bucketed down during the cremony. The NT had put up gazebos over the area where the wedding was, and they were NEARLY big enough! Unfortunately, there were several of them to cover the area, and where the butted up to one another, the rain poured down on to the seats (and occupants!) However, we Brits made the best of it, and a great time was had by all in the end. Fab live jazz and African drumming (not together!)

I seem to have sent lots of you a message (which I didn't)... one of my posts ended up being sent out as a message somehow or other (any ideas BCC?) anyway, I'm sorry if you have a "non-message" from me..

have a good week flutterbies..

love and flaps, Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone back home from Scotland took boys back Wed and stayed till today.Shattered so methinks leisurely bath and then bottle of wine shared with hubby in peace and quiet.Boys were like chained animals as they couldn't play football as everywhere was sodden but managed to getout yesterday and even though it rained they still enjoyed it.
Having chest x ray this week as have had a cough for a while so doc is erring on the safe side even though she is sure my chest is okay.Having said that cough is much better so I am not to worried.
Have read all your posts and hope you are staying dry apparently it has been fine here for the past 3 days and we missed it ha ha.
So to all you flutterbys have a quiet night and I will post some other time when I am not sooo tired love and huge hugs Janice xxx
Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Nice to hear from you again Cackles/d 🙂 and to know things are going well... I hope your friend is going to be ok!
Yes we do worry about everything and nothing but its the BC legacy me thinks 😞
I wont speak too soon but i've been watching the forecast all week for our day in the Park today and from bucketing down on tues its now showing NO RAIN woohoo!!!! its been quite nice here the past couple of days with no wet stuff..... I cant believe how much we've had and how the tiniest amount of sun makes us feel good 🙂
Just chatted with Daniel he is beside himself with the heat over there 130/140 degrees PHEW!!!! and they still have to wear their uniforms 😞 so he's baking!!
Vikki went to physio yesterday... what a waste of time 😞 the physio was'nt prepared to start a session with her till she'd spoken to the Consultant 😞 the IV clinic were all for it but the Consultant said its too early so we told her about the mixed messages and she is'nt happy to start without his go ahead! I suppose its good they are being cautious but it was a long way to go to be told that 😞
Well were all set for the day 🙂 food bulging out of the fridge... I always do the catering for the party and this year its for 10 so you can imagine how much will be needed to last from 4 till 12. I do enjoy it though and this year with it being the Jubilee I have managed to get union Jack flags plates cups table cloth etc we will look very British 🙂 and very patriotic!!!! Sooo looking forward to it and Vikki is getting very excited now.. she's all set up with a nice comfy lay back chair and non alcoholic wine bless her.... God knows how we will get it all in the taxi but we will 🙂
Hope the waether stays good wherever you are and you all have a lovely weekend flutterbys
Flutter gently xxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxx
P's I did feel for you Em I hate seeing tiny creatures die their little lives are so fragile.... we had the same but as far as I know one survived..... I hope 😞 xxx
emmy

Hello flutterbys! I hope you aren't too soaked and the weather is being kind to you? It's the pits here we had sunshine yesterday till about 5 then it poured down and yet again I see many kitchen sinks which I prefer to cats and dogs! Don't want them thundering down, they might get hurt!
Jane2 I am sure it isn't legal? I did a lot of reading and annual leave missed from long term sickness is to be taken in the time that suits you best? Grrr I am with Jane on that it is really bad! As for not seeing OH are they mad? You need to be assessed and then you work with all to phase yourself in methinks it is a sham!!!
Well have had to put a post on what you think thread as I keep getting notification of a message when I go look Nada! Nothing! Then whilst perusing threads to do with new site I noticed some words were highlighted in pink? being me hovered over the said words and it is an advert to enter a draw for an I-pad phone thingy!! I was not amused how does that work?
I couldn't post the other night 'cos like the lemon I can be was having a whinge about a baby robin I found on the patio! It was sat with it's eyes closed so I went closer and it didn't move! So I realised something wasn't right so kept checking through the window for a couple of hours and it finally vanished, so I popped out to check only to find it dead under the verbena so I cried buckets! When hubby phoned (at work) I cried down the phone too!! How sad am I? I had the sniffles for a while what a to do! We live in the sticks so I should be used to seeing the poor run over victims of cars but no I blubbered!!! I have always had a cry when watching wildlife stuff if babies die but this was not a few tears it was a fountain! I suppose it was also a way to get rid of some rubbish that we all get but it did take me aback!
Jane you clever thing you! I am so glad you get to wear a funny hat after all you deserve it ,you must have worked hard so I now stand in awe!!! Whew our very own clever spy in the camp love it! Nice to hear from you cackles are you really cackled? I think you may be after taking grandchildren to the beach brave woman!
Well am dressed! Yes it is Friday which means reflexology! Yay! I do look forward to my weekly session it does help somehow! As for ami, Janice, fluffy, Stella and Yvonne I hope the weather is kinder to you all this weekend and Doz I am on the old mat as we speak for your Classics in the park! Hmmm? If I missed you so sorry this list is getting wonderfully long with fab flutterbys so sending hand if needed, spoons aplenty and BIG group hug xxxx

Cackles

Evening lovely fluttering birds.
It is so good to see you are all still posting. I have been tied up in the Land of NED and helping a friend who has Breast Cancer and lives on her own.
How is your lively family Doz. I hope Vicky's back is improving and Daniel is safe.
Yes life is fragile after Breast Cancer. I am amazed at how calm I am. Even a CT last Thursday didn't cause too much anxiety. I was lucky it was clear but I really did think I had bone and liver problems. I suppose we always think the worst. Somehow I must have my head in the sand all the time.....but I cope that way.
The rain is a pain in the ..... Off to the seaside with Grandchildren tomorrow.
Take care all
Cackled xxx

GIJaneH

ah.. that AWFUL taste (and smell!) There is none so bad as the converted (they tell me!) and I now HATE the smell ciggies and can't imagine how awful the taste would be now... keep going Doz... holding BOTH hands, so you can't get another one to mouth.... horrid!

EJane, that's ghastly. Have you an intranet site? Look up long term sick policy and return to work... can't believe they're allowed to get away with that! As I said, I DID use my accrued leave to help, but by reducing full time to 4 days a week for 3 months AFTER I'd done the phased return... grrr... (on you behalf!)

There's a bright thing in the sky right now... better shower quickly before it goes! We're off to Wales this afternoon (got my son's best-friend's dad's (if you're not lost now) funeral this morning) After that, we have lunch, hop into a car, pootle down to Swansea - meet up with a cousin I only ever see at family funerals normally... then tomorrow I get presented with a Post Grad Certificate in Medical Ethics... have to wear the funny hat and all.. I haven't got an ordinary degree (did my training part time).. so.. it'll be very special I think. I was supposed to go last year, but felt too ill (being bang slap in the middle of the Poison), so my lovely BCN rang to see if I could go this year instead.... OH & DD coming with me... weather forecst.... wet... well, there's a surprise!
Back Friday evening, wedding of a lovely young couple Saturday - in a tree cathedral! Forecast? Rain! Frocks & Wellies?

flutter gently....
love Jane
(PS thanks for the Hug Doz!)

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
I had a lovely night out at John's 70th he is such an amazing guy and really does'nt look or act his age.... 🙂
We went to the Carribean with him and his wife 20 odd yrs ago and he was the life and soul of the holiday getting up to all sorts of antics that had everyone in stitches so lots of happy memories... the worst one being on the dance floor at the hotel next to the pool and we were dancing a Salsa and the next min, we were in the pool dancing.. fully clothed which then led to everyone else getting in.. which led to a clothes swap in the water well me being 5' 2" and him being a good 8" taller he looked hilarious in my little summer number and vice versa me in his shorts and t'shirt. I think the hotel has carried on the occasion on the fun nights by all accounts 🙂 Ah happy memories x
Thought this morning I feel as if I have a hangover... I didnt drink??? well 1 gglass of wine before the meal as I was driving so where this has come from is a mystery? It was the first night out for me since February so a welcomed change and Vikki was fine so perhaps my social life will improve a tad 🙂
Em I was chatting to Daniel this morning on F/B and a message popped up..... Hi is that you Doz?? It was from a very old friend who moved out to Sth Africa with his girlfriend of then in 69... never heard a word till today and they are back for the yr 🙂 married with kids and grandkids 🙂 hoping we can catch up before they go back 🙂 sometimes I hate F/B but at times like this...Amazing 🙂
Busy day ahead tho still sat in PJ's ha ha!!! more app's and shopping to do for Classics on saturday 🙂 apparantly it never gets cancelled regardless to the weather... so today we will be looking for kagool's!!!!! But still praying for a let up in this dreadful weather... I'm absolutely sick of it now!!! Soggy underwear is an understatement 😞
Ears in my wings...ha ha!!. hope they work better than the ones in my head!!! I keep getting phonecalls when no'one speaks?? thought I was going deaf but no... no'one there???? Spooky!!
I do think its wrong that one NHS area can make you take your hols in with phased returns as our's didnt... and yes Jane your manager should have refered you well before you go back, as occy health are amazing support when it comes to helping you.. Hope it keeps going well for you hon xx
Day 5 and sorry but had a blip last night 😞 only one that tasted disgusting so perhaps this is finally it 🙂
Flutter gently girlies hope all appointments go well love and hugs are with you and the tittering hand holding if needed 🙂
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elsa

Emmy-I contacted Occy H and was told that I do have to use any accrued annual leave as part of my phased return! I was also told that I should have seen them before going back to work and that my manager should have referred me much sooner! Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted....oh well. I can't believe how tiring going to work is....even doing just half days as I am it is so exhausting...i actually went to bed when I got home yesterday. Thank goodness I only do 3 days normally, really don't think I could cope with a full week any more.
On the qt, I am scanning the job pages, really fancy doing something different and less stressful.
I'm going in to work this afternoon rather than this morning, as we have our team meeting then and I thought it would be good to go to this and catch up a bit on what I've missed. What has been quite difficult is that some people have come up to me and asked me how I am, when I say I'm ok, they ask me again as though I haven't given them what they want to hear i.e. tell me why you've been off for 6 months!! I use the distraction technique to great effect...
I thought I was dreaming this morning when I woke to sunshine streaming through my curtains...it didn't last!!
Take care lovely flutterby ladies
Jane xx

emmy

Hi Jane ,I had to go look it up to make sure as I had horrendous issues when I went back to work for 6 months and I think that contributed to my leaving along with the awful tired! It is illegal to force you to take annual leave to cover your phased return. This can only happen if you agree to it, I hope as Jane1 says you go to occy health and they sort it for you you have enough going on with trying to settle and get some kind of middle ground that gets you back in the swing.
Hello all flutterbys are you having horrible weather too? it's so depressing as I don't mind a shower or two but this is soaked to your underwear days! Poor hubby gets a day off where the weather is good enough to cut the grass then gets stuck indoors the rest of the time, he did the grass on Sunday along with some much needed weeding and as soon as he finished the heavens opened he just made it through the front door!
Well interesting week so far I have had contact with a cousin who emigrated to Canada and we just lost touch as teenagers it was a lovely surprise! It had been over 40 years! It's one of those to be honest I never gave a thought to as it was so long ago but now I am quite chuffed!
ami you are right yummy flapjacks!! Not sure about cutting the grass it doesn't grow so long these days as for underarm hair how on earth does that not grow back much (rads only under one!) but the legs!? It's one if I left it would grow long and lush!! I really find it a bit bewildering! Janice are you resting now? Bless you sounded like you were having fun and what a gift to give the boys how to sew! That has become an art form these days yet when my children were small I was constantly sewing things back together again,these days it is very much a throw away society and I have had some looks when I say I will sew something up!
I hope the smoking thing is going well Doz? I know how hard it is but so worth it and I felt so much better funny enough I thought about how many I would have had these last two years? It doesn't bear thinking about!
Carolyn YAY! so glad I did think of you and I am not taking the blame for the giggling this time it wasn't me!
Sat in PJ's and DG 'cos I can today nothing to sort or go to just sorting some housework ami yes it is coming back! I do a little at a time or choose one job and do it well! I am so easy pleased these days and what a sense of achievement I get!
Ears in my wings my children knew that! They thought I did along with eyes in the back of my head! It is a little something worth knowing which I love! Well off to make a cuppa and see what the world has been doing with some news take care and try not to get those wings too wet!
p.s Fluffy I hope you are well, along with Stella and of course Yvonne I hope you lovely flutterbys are all keeping dry! Take care sending spoons for those in need and the hand for those with apps, Em Big group hug xxxxxx.............

GIJaneH

If you work for the NHS, I presume HR policy is national and that you shouldn't have to use annual leave - have you seen Occy Health? ttfn... off to work too Jane xx

Elsa

It does sound harsh making me use up annual leave on my phased return....I work for the NHS so I'll contact HR today and see what they say. I did half a day yesterday and was so tired after it but I think a lot of that was down to the anxiety I had about going back.....I shed some tears when I met with my manager and had to go and sit in my car for a while until my face returned to normal! It was lovely to see everyone again and they were very understanding. There have been so many changes at work with the cutbacks which is rather concerning...I'm actually losing my manager very soon, his post is going, it's not good.
Ami-no I didn't go to work in my PJ's but I was so tired when I got home that...yes...you guessed it....was in my PJ's in an instant! Bliss. I'll try some Eylure tape then maybe I can save some of my tops going to charity.
Doz- you poor thing, all that rain, it must be dreadful for you and there's more forecast today.
Carolyn-good news about your scan...always worrying getting the results because of what we've been through
Well, got to go and get ready

Take care Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carolyn, wonderful news, so very pleased to hear everything is alright, you must be very relieved and can get on with life a little now. But you shouldn’t feel bad at taking up the clinic time!! Elsa Jane, hope today went well on your first day back and it was nowhere near as bad as you expected! Hope you didn’t go in your PJ’s! The tape you ask about is Eyelure body tape. It’s only £3 something for 27 pieces and you can get it post free from Amazon. In the past I’ve put tops in the charity bag, thinking I couldn’t wear them anymore, not knowing about the tape. I haven’t tried it yet though. Doz, You made me laugh so much at the yummy flap jacks. I can’t think of anything naughtier! Could just imagine you raiding the pantry thinking “What else can we add now???” You’d like a fitted carpet? You mean you only have a little square?? And… Ah Ha! I know now what Emmy means when she talks of mowing the lawn! Hope you have a great time at your 70th (not yours, ha ha ha!) not going to alter that, now! Hope all goes well for Vikki tomorrow, flutterby. Stella, be thinking of you on Friday with hand at the ready. Janice, a bookmark is a such a good idea for boys to try. They should be really proud of what they’ve stitched, not only that, they can use it! You’ll be ready for a rest, no doubt, by now?
Bye the way…..Butterflies apparently have ears on their wings!
Love and hugs, Ami xx
Doz1949

Hi flutterbys
Crikey you've all been busy posting its taken ages to catch up RIGHT here goes...
Em WILL YOU STOP LAUGHING at my inability to grasp the carpet eeek ha ha ha!!! Can laugh with you tho 🙂
Ami What did you start 🙂 a fitted one would br nice 🙂
GI Jane I was the same as you phased return and didnt have to use my hols up.. that is just not fair is it.. Lemon Roulade OH yes please.. Vikki gave me one of her recipies for Flap jack and we have munched our way through it so quickly put choc drops and sultanas in with so much syrup then spread chocolate syrup over the top before cooking and it turned out crunchy on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside... with a dollop of ice cream while it was still warm Oh so yummy!!!
Jane I do hope work was good for you and they were not to demanding.... nice and easy does it hon 🙂
Janice it sounds like you have really enjoyed having the young one staying and how clever to do the bookmark 🙂 has peace descended now?? 🙂
Day 3 of no smoking... How I managed while Murray was playing I will never know, nibbled a few finger nails and snapped at the dog a few times but still going strong!! Poor Murray I cried with him 😞 I filled up just looking at him then when he started to sob... that was me finished 😞
Had a hectic weekend drying my car interior out 😞 went to go shopping Saturday opened the door to find 2/3" of water on the carpets 😞 and the engine light was flashing when I tried to start it.... got a few towels and spent the remainder of saturday draining and mopping 😞 finally got it as near to dry as possible took Vikki for her appointment this morning and we could hear water sloshing around so popped to the garage and left it with them... the sills had filled up with water after the deluge on friday and the drain holes had blocked.. they said the garage floor was flooded when they finally got it to drain ooops!!! And the engine light has gone off thank goodness.. No more bills please!!!
Well another day of appointments for Vikki tomorrow with the back Consultant and tomorrow night i'm at a 70th 🙂 first night out in months woohoo soooo looking forward to it as he's a very dear friend 🙂
Good to hear all app's are going well and if there are any due hand outstretched as always.. hope you are all taking good care and fluttering gently in this soggy summer of ours... love always xxxxxxhugxxxxxx
GIJaneH

Great stuff Crabbit! Fab-u-LUS!
Emm... wheat intolerance for a lemon roulade???? Not a bit of wheat in sight I THINK.... meringue "swiss roll"... home made lemon curd (eggs, butter, lemons, sugar) mixed with double cream. Lock on freezer door!!!!

I agree with you ElsaJane about Murray's emotions winning hearts. Bless him, he gave everything he had... What sort of company do you work for that makes you use annual leave for phased return????? I was paid full pay while I was on phased return, and it was 2.5 months before I was working full time. I had loads of annual leave to use up though, having been off for 7.5 months, so I then extended the phased return (after 2 1/2 months) so that I took one day off a week for 3 months and only did a 4 day week. Manager happy with that. Worked well, as I only had a few months in which to take the leave. I like East colours... no shop near us though, sadly.... I have camisole tops and they work fine. I've some camisole vesty things from Primark and one from M&S - do the job, and I bought some Genie bras from BHS (on their online sale) and they are SOOOO comfortable... (have pockets in for prosthesis). How did work go today?

FF, I'm glad you're dry!

God bless, love Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck Elsa Jane hope all goes well for you today.I spoke too soon it has rained all night and morning dry at the minute so boots on and out for a walk so boys can run off some energy.Sam has made a bookmark with his cross stitch so will post it when I get time.Glad all ok Carolyn apparently cysts are quite common so I was told you must be feeling really good now not having to go back for a year.Unfortunately the year seems to fly doesn't it and then there is another one gone before we know it .Well boys need seeing to so must fly before they start fighting love and hugs Janice xxx
katieb

Morning ladies
Elsa - good luck with work, I'm sure you'll be fine after the first week. When I did a phased return I was able to take unpaid leave so did a bit unpaid and a bit holiday but didnt want to use up all my annual leave.
Did feel for Andy yesterday, but Fed was just too good - he's definitiely Mr Cool.
Doz - glad the no smoking is going well - keep it up.
My GP has given me Femara for a month to see itf it make any difference to aches and pains - if it does will try and get permanently but has to put it to the doctor in charge of budget! Went to physio on Weds for my heel and they gave me exercises - I did them Saturday and it ached more than it did before!
Carolyn - hope T in the Park was better yesterday -flipping weather, spoiling lots of events. Glad the ultrasound was ok. I know what you mean about taking up clinic time - why do we feel guilty about it?? I'm going hospital on Friday to see surgeon and have some questions to ask but feel as though you have to rush as you klnow other people are waiting! I'm determind to ask them though this time!
Have a good day everyone.
Stella xx

Elsa

Hi all you lovely flutterby ladies
Andy may have lost the match but I think he won a few hearts yesterday.....
I am actually going back to work this morning...on a phased return so going in late and finishing early. What I hadn't realised was that you have to use up your annual leave to do this so I will be taking a very short phased return as I'd rather keep my annual leave to have a proper holiday. I will just be glad to get today over and done with....this afternoon can't come soon enough. I'm bound to shed a few tears but, so what, it can't be helped...and tomorrow I'll be ok.
Ami..I was reading your post and am intrigued to know what tape you buy to stop your tops gaping? I would be very interested....I bought a couple of tops yesterday ready for work today, as most of my tops I have would show my now lack of cleavage when I bend forward, so I treated myself to some stuff from East (in their sale of course, I never do full price anything!!). I was wondering whether to try one of these camisole bras? Has anyone tried these and if so, do they do what they say on the tin?
It feels really weird getting ready for work again, I will have to get out of my PJ's before 10am...help, what am I going to do!
Wish me luck

Crabbit

Hello lovely ladies, ultrasound went well, so sorry not to have updated. T in the Park has taken over the weekend, sheesh! Two cysts and thickening but no BC so I am now determined to leave things be for a whole year. It's crazy isn't it because they tell you to be vigilant and report changes but you do feel bad for taking up clinic time! Thank you so much for all your good wishes and hand holding!
Friday at T was okay, fairly warm and dry, yesterday was unbelievably wet, worst one I have seen. Wellies were not high enough in places, very muddy! Hoping for dryer things today. Might have to sneak in some Murray viewing before we leave. My car getting the bin bag treatment today.
Take care everyone, will catch up properly later. x

Guest user
Not applicable

A lot of posts to catch up on so I will just do a general one to you all hope the ones who have had apps etc. are okay.Having fun with boys but they are 7 and 8 so do fight sometimes and need to be kept in check no doubt by Thurs I will be more insane than I am already ha ha .Glad no-one was flooded we have got off lightly here chucked it Friday night but has been dry but cloudy since so fingers crossed it stays dry and we can take boys out and about love and big hugs to you all Janice xxx
p.s COME ON ANDY will be watching xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Enjoy your cuppa, Emmy with a Berry Chakewell!! He he he!
emmy

Hi all! Doz it's been the pits here all day either mizzly rain or hammering down! I am getting fed up with it now! I did laugh at you ami I am so with you on the sandals bring them on! I know lots of people who love Wimbledon and my sister who is just younger than me by 19 months when she was working used to book the two weeks off and heaven help anyone who tried to phone her! She still loves it so I have respect for whatever floats people's boats though it doesn't mine. I think you will find many very proud flutterbys if you manage Doz with the smoking and it is so worth it!
I can just visualise Vik laying back in a top down car like the lady of the manor! Very impressed I thought it was quite an achievement even lying down after the last few months for her. Mandy Hurray! That has really tickled me ami! I love a play on words like that we used to say Sod Rewart and Riff Critchard! They are the mild ones some I could not possibly repeat!
Jane I had someone say that to me (about the best kind to get) but reading about the nurse/midwife it does give you pause for thought and I can only say how sad for anyone as whatever 'kind' you get it does leave you with some kind of scarring even if you can't see it but I do take the point that there are those worse off than us. I have lost family over the years to this wicked disease and it does not get any easier for anyone, my heart goes out to all who have to become familiar with it. On a lighter note Lemon Roulade!!!! Nom!Nom!Nom! shame I have a wheat intolerance or I would be sneaking round to your freezer!
I am still going over the possibilities of ami's carpet references which had me choking on my tea! You could have a hall runner, a shaped rug? the list is endless! Sorry Doz but yes it has caused some hilarity I will never be able to talk about fitted carpets in the same way again! Naughty ami!
Janice I hope you are holding out with the babysitting? I bet you know they are there! I loved having my grandchildren when they were small but must confess to feeling ever so slightly relieved when they went home so I could sit down with a cuppa in peace! Terrible woman that I am!
Met up with son and his wife and got a lovely surprise they had masses of flowers for me! My house looks like a flower shop and the scent is lovely! hubby is equally delighted to be the recipient of several bottles of cider! So feeling quite pleased with ourselves!
Right my lovely flutterbys said hubby has just made me a cuppa so I will wish you all that you wish for yourselves and if it is going to make you happy I am going to will Mandy Hurray on in spirit! I am going off to get more sandals with ami! Ha!Ha!Ha! BIG group hug (Yes I know!Gig too!) Em xxxxx

Doz1949

OH YES..... I WILL BE WATCHING THE TENNIS 🙂
Its been absolutely glorious here today... It just does'nt make sense!!! and so hot!
Took Vikki for a ride into the next Village to get her out for an hour and we were happily trundling along roof down sunglasses on.. her layed out like lady muck ha ha..( Bless her she still cant sit up so lays back) and my B****Y engine light popped on AAAARGH!!
More freakin expense 😞 its going in on monday after Vikki's hospital app, but have to have it back as she has another on tuesday and physio on friday it never rains but what it pours LITERALLY!!!!
GI Jane you were right another Williams win... boring!!! She really should be playing the men. I dont mean that in a bad way but she hits it so blinkin hard no'one stands a chance... so very boring! Just watching the mens doubles even thats a bit boring this year even though we have made the finals.. ROLL ON TOMORROW 🙂 I dont care now if he does'nt win its just nice to get to the finals 🙂
Ami.. Mandy Hurray what are you like ha ha!!! I have gone all day and not even thought about a ciggie 🙂 I didnt smoke a great deal so i'm hoping I can keep this up 🙂 gone cold turkey!!! I've always used patches etc in the past but this time going solo 🙂 Hope you find some nice sandals ha ha!!!
Managed some spring cleaning this afternoon I washed down 15 pictures that are on the staircase walls and that was it!!!! Lost interest 🙂
Have a good weekend Flutterbys Big group hug to everyone xxxxxhugxxxxxx