cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Where did I go????

Yvonne a huge massive hug on its way and will be there with you on Monday take care and glad we are here so you can share with us as you don't want to worry family xxxPlease keep us up to date love Janice xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Yvonne. I have to say I’ve been wondering about why you haven’t posted. What a lot on your plate, you poor love! It takes a strong person to keep it all to themselves and a very thoughtful and kind one to spare your family from worry, putting them first. I’ll be thinking of you until I see your post after you go on Monday. The words “fed up” for you does not describe how you and your O.H. must be feeling. In the meantime I hope you can take solace from your little grand daughter this weekend. You’ll have both my hands to hold, holding tight and giving a squeeze.xxx I’ll give my dog a hug from you…thanks for that! Stella, I just made it with only a couple of months to wait over the usual age of 60 for my state pension. Can’t believe I’m that age! I wonder how I’d feel all day on my own, as you say. The imagination has a tendency to run riot!!Janice, sorry you had to have an endoscopy. I hear it’s not a very nice test, so you have my sympathy. However, I’m relieved to hear the outcome and so must you. Not forgetting you O.H. in this, he must be absolutely delighted! My dog is as OK as to be expected, thanks. He’s 15 tomorrow and the post lady, who is his bestest, betest friend, bought him some Schmakos, so I’ll save them for when she calls so she can give him one. Look after yourself and get pampered after all your stresses, won’t you? Carolyn, hope you’re OK and enjoying the hols….probably gearing up to going back to school soon?Jane, I’m wondering here how you are coping with the silence, but we won‘t know until you get back. Hope you don’t get a panic attack through talk withdrawal!Emmy. Sounds like you’re being really catered for in anticipation of your trip. As I can predict the future, (as you know) ha ha ha, thought you’d find there’s no time for work, once you’d given it up! I’m sat here with my crystal ball and big dangly earrings!!Doz, you must be living on your nerves waiting for Daniel. Bet you’re like a jumping jack. Eeeeee. It will be such a lovely time for you all and will lift you no end!
Was called to see the Dr. for a review and a new doctor picked up on that after my wrist fracture last Dec, I hadn’t been informed that I have some osteoperosis! So I am now starting medication! Huh! It was such a hot and clammy wet afternoon and me being in my waterproof clammy coat, my blood pressure was slightly raised, so now I have to go back and see the nurse next week! Huh! Came out and the heavens had opened and walking back home I nearly trod on a family of snails journeying across the pavement, large ones, medium and small, and then spotted another family further along! They looked so funny….like a line of ducklings following the mother! Never knew they had families! Quite dark and rainy here, not looking forward to winter! Love to everyone. Ami xx
Elsa

Sorry I haven't posted for ages...it's been a busy time. Been reading everyone's posts and catching up on all your news but firstly Yvonne, I was sorry to read about your troubles at the moment. You sound like you're coping with it very well...I will be thinkng of you on 20th and am sending you a virtual hand to hold and a flutterby hug xxx Like Emmy I'm not religious but every now and then I say a few quiet words for others and this Monday I will be doing this for you that you may find strength and peace to help you through this difficult time.
Emmy-Australia-not long to go now! You must be so excited. I went to my sister's wedding in Gretna Green on 9th August, she came all the way from Australia so that her family could see her get married. We had a wonderful day as did she and her new husband. She flies back next week.
Jane-a retreat sounds interesting. I'm going to Mull in September to get away from it all and I guesss to have a week when I can reflect on this year and what's happened to me. I just feel the need to take stock and where better than this beautiful island.
Doz-I so hope your son made it home, these times are precious.
Going on holiday tomorrow so lots of ironing and packing to do now. Sending you all love and hugs and will catch up when I get back in September

Jane xxx

Doz1949

Yvonne I am sooooo sorry to hear your news on top of everything else you have been going through its just not fair all the shite (sorry) we get dumped on us especially when the head is coping with everything else 😞 I am sending 2 hands to hold you tight today and I pray the results are clear for you.. we all stick together through bad times and like everyone else we are here for you sweetie to stand by with support and love. Stay positive hon and keep your chin up it may just be a mass of scar tissue or something harmless so try not to get too bogged down with worry, I know its easier said than done after what we've been through and we all do it and we all know we should'nt xxx I will wait impatiently for news from you and will keep everything crossed bring on that happy face for us Yvonne as you say its time we had some good news..... Please be the bearer 🙂 xxxxhugxxxx

My 4 day wait for news from camp is finally good... Daniels now waiting for his final flight to Dubai in Kandahar safe and sound after such bad news re the US Helicopter going down on thursday near Kandahar 😞 Had a worrysome day till I heard from him this morning security has been tight so I could'nt get hold of him 😞 Dannymania.com at my house on sunday me thinks!!
My night shift was ok way too hot but not a bad shift and the thumb behaved... only problem is i'm back at work today at 12 😞 such a quick turn round so yup things dont ever change at least I have the weekend off!
Sending love and a Group hug for ALL my Flutterbys and your slap bang in the middle Yvonne flutter gently and take care always xxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxx
katieb

Yvonne you poor thing - I really feel for you as I'm sure we all do. But you do sound as though you're coping really well. I'll have everything crossed for you, here's a hand to hold and a great big hug xxx. I don't suppose Monday can come soon enough for you but try and keep busy. As Emmy says, let us know cos we're all here for you.
Stella xxxx

emmy

Yvonne,poor flutterby we all I am sure are sending the hand to hold and an extra hug. Please do let us know how you get on I for one will not settle till I know ,we are all here for you . I hope Jane will forgive me for saying I am not religious but I do say a prayer and right now I will say one for you ,though not a church sort of person I do believe in something bigger than we can imagine. I am glad you let us know I have found our wonderful flutterbys so supportive when faced with difficult times. I am sending you much love to hold you up till you know what is what. Take care and that group hug goes without saying Em xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
Sorry just felt i could'nt post, as so much bad news going on in my family right now health wise
i had a bit of a shock about some of the tests i had a few weeks ago where one of the tests showed a mass under my BC armpit so iam back to sq one with ultra sound and biopsy this monday 20th that will determine which direction i will be heading so all fingers and toes crossed for a good out come could sure do with some good news right now
i have not said anything to my family about this cuz i wont know till the test are done i feel they have enough to worry about and if things go in my favour they will never need to know.
See iam all doom and gloom it seems to follow me, tho iam being very calm and havent shed any tears as yet.
So lets have lots of hand holding. xxxx
Doz hope your son gets home and you all have a great time together.
Aim give your dog a huge hug from me. Gardening Ihave been growing sunflowers and some are doing well and some not so well even tho they all have been given the same TLC how odd is that LOL.XXXX

Emmy Have a great hoilday not long to go now you lucky lucky girl. I havent been on a plane for about 8 years i have a fear of planes.
need to sign off now and to those i have missed a big group hug too.
with love Yvonne xxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Doz got everything crossed for you.xxxHope you have a good shift.
GIJane I def couldn't do it as I never shut up ha ha .Hope it goes well for you and you will be calmer afterwards I am sure.Hope fingers and arm get better soon xxx
Emmy you must be so excited and I am glad you are getting treatments to help you through the journey.I to am like Ami no time for work much to busy and nice to just please ourselves about what to do when we get up in the morning.
Ami hope you are keeping okay and getting on enjoying your garden how is your dog doing?
Stella Katyb Carolyn and any others I haven't mentioned hope you are fluttering well.
Went to my sons friends funeral today as he obviously couldn't and it was a lovely day service was really nice and so lovely to see all my sons friends and wives whom I haven't seen for years it was sad but he has been poorly for a long time so in some ways he is at least free from his pain and his family no longer have to watch him suffer.
Love and hugs to all (its bucketing down here now yuk)Janice xxx
katieb

Hi everyone
Doz, that is good news - got EVERYTHING crossed for you. Hope tonight goes ok for you. We've had a shower here and its looking threatening again!
Emmy - really glad they're looking after you so well to be ready for the trip. Not long now til 10th Sep - 26 more sleeps?I don't think my OH will ever retire, so think I'll continue to work for a while, don't like being at home on my own, think too much! But looking forward to reduced hours.
Hope everybodys having a good day
Stella xxx

Doz1949

Morning flutterbys
Still got some nails and hair left 🙂
Jane good luck with the silence oooooer your brave even thinking about it we will miss you take care of the fingers xx
Finally some good news on the last day for getting home... Daniel managed to get on a helicopter to take him to a different camp as no planes were taking off... he has now safely landed at stage 1 of 4 40 miles closer to Kandahar... the 4th being from Dubai... hopefully the rest of the journey late tomorrow afternoon which will get him to K thursday night! Then the quickest of security checks and off to Dubai for his last flight and HOME.... its going to be a nerve wracking couple of days till I hear that he's in Dubai!!! Cant quite muster the excitement up yet as its still so hit and miss 😞 its so unfair if he misses his connection as he has been there longer than most this time to allow other workforce to go early to have hols with their familys so he is the last one out for R&R this time round... fingers and toes still crossed!!
Hope you are all well and as yet we hav'nt had the rain we were promised for the last 3 days.. its been very humid and dry but this morning we have a wonderful breeze.. hoping it lasts as i'm doing my first night tonight an 11 hr shift and its so warm on the ward so this breeze just might cool things down 🙂
Flutter gently girlies love and hugs to ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GIJaneH

ooooooh Doz - have a hand to hold to keep you sane while you wait!!! and a H U G E <<<<<<
Signing off now till the bank holiday weekend - go gently, go well, go fluttering..... I'm a talker too, so it should be "interesting" !!!!!!

lots of love Jane xx

Doz1949

Possibly.... just possibly there may be a flight going out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂
xxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxx
emmy

Hi flutterbys! yes I have been busy getting stuff sorted it is on 10th Sept we fly and getting all the bits and bobs has been tricky as I am fitting things in between going for Hydro, paraffin wax for hands and sonic treatment for hip! I am really getting the full treatment as they want to get me as comfortable as possible before the flight! I am truly grateful even if it is an hours trip each way which is testing in itself!
Doz hun I am saying a prayer that Daniel gets his flight soon, they have to have some kind of let up then hopefully he will get back before the deadline expires. I think you must be ready for a straight jacket by now with everything! Sending you an extra hug to see you through!
ami I suspect my friend won't mind me doing a round up of my time on a weekly basis which I had intended,I will try to do the lingo too! Hubby keeps on saying G.Day! I told him not to try that out there as I am sure they will think he is being rude! I am really looking forward to seeing my friend and spending time with her and the family. We used to swap kids over as ours were much of a muchness in age and she also had a ten year gap with her oldest to youngest like me so when they were all together it was complete mayhem! So it will be quiet as they like mine are settled with kids so it will be exciting to see my 'dopted grandchildren too, especially the one who poor love was named after me!
Jane silent?? I could no way do that! I like the quiet but that would be a little too much for me as I am a talker! Anyone who knows me will tell you that including the nurses during treatment I guess that was just nerves! Good luck and strangley I think it will be soothing for you.
Janice there seems to be an endless list of oscopys! along with ritis! I am so glad it was good news now you need to focus on yourself for a while as I know you have been worrying about your family who like mine will get there! I know it is hard but some ME time seems to be in order.
Stella I was mad as hell when they changed the retirement age and it starts TWO months before my birthday so I got caught up in that too, it is now 64 such a s--t as we had planned all through our married lives around the fact we would be retiring in the same year as hubby retires in Jan! The way it is going though I cannot see me going back into any kind of employment like ami I find I have so much to do!! How the heck did we fit it all in????
Carolyn what a to do! Hubby falling down the stairs but like ami we used to have a cat (ours!) that slept on the landing and it could cause complications if anyone needed to pay a call in the night! I dreaded having guests I used to explain and leave the bathroom light on just in case! I am glad Lewis is o.k and also that you haven't been asked to do Fridays it is good to have some time out!
Yvonne I think it is a great idea to job share! At least you won't feel guilty if you need to take some time out knowing that someone will be there to help! I hope the family are doing well?
I had an interesting chat with the Rheumatologist whose best friend has been through bc too, she told me to stick with my tablets as the generic tablets may contain the same ingredients but have different release rates. She explained it like someone giving you a recipe for a cake without the timings for cooking! I usually buy generics and will support any ways to help bring down the NHS budget but this is not something I want to change as I am aware of the side effects and don't want to be be getting stressed out trying to decide what is causing what! So I asked her to send a letter to my gp which she has done to say leave well alone until they sort out what kind of Arthritis I have!
Well flutterbys now to go make hubby a cuppa he has just finished doing the lawn as the forecast isn't looking too good for tomorrow! Poor man he has a day off and it is almost always nice so he does the garden then has no time to sit in it as it rains every time!!! I hope I didn't leave anyone out? If so many apologies ! Sending out a canteen of spoons along with the ever present hand and of course a group hug my wonderful flutterbys! Much love Em xxxx

Doz1949

I am now getting worried 😞 Daniels flights out of the camp have again been delayed 😞 they have been under random rocket fire for 3 days so flights have been cancelled and there is now a 3 day backlog.... he has to be in Dubai for friday with a stop at Kandahar in between 😞 if he does'nt get the flight tomorrow he wont make the connection.............................. 😞
No Jane i'm not smoking tho .............................................. i'll refresh that one later as for the weight its getting a boost worrying about my Lad........... Olympics were brilliant and yes i'll be watching the Paralympics, I would'nt last a day on your retreat good luck x
Janice i'm pleased to hear the endoscopy was clear what a relief hon and the family WILL sort themselves out they always do x
Not a happy bunny 😞 will catch up soon love to you all xxxxhugxxxx
GIJaneH

Good to hear from you all again. I think the Games were amazing... to be honest, I didn't think we could do as well as we have... brilliant! Hope the paralympics get as much attention...

COunting the days Doz.... AND losing weight! Still not smoking?
Endoscopy not nice Janice, but thank God it was OK.... I must be fortunate, so far I can take any brand of Letrazole. They all seem the same to my body....

I'm going on retreat Wed morning... for 8 days... 8 days of SILENCE!!!!! Not sure I'll make that! No novels... no mobile phones... no internet... no chatting to my friends on here.... seemed like a good idea at the time! Bit apprehensive now!

My fingers are doing nicely, but the lymph that was set off by the trauma seems to be oblivious to all the massage/exercise/sleeves.... grrrr!

ho hum....
Take care... love to all I've not mentioned (and those I have!) Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone well we can maybe all get back to normal now the great event is over but wasn't it just fabulous.
Regarding Letrozole I was given the generic version and had worse side effects including horrible headaches so G.P put me back on Femara and side effects are no where near as bad.
Had to have an endoscopy today as have had stomach problems and felt as if I had a lump when swallowing so was quite worried as my brother had oesohageal cancer but whoopee all okay have got a tiny ulcer in my small intestine which will heal with my pills I take for my tum so I am very relieved.Family aren't stressing me out as much think they are so busy sorting themselves out they aren't moaning to me so much.
Doz bet you can't contain your excitement that Dan is coming home I know I was gutted when my son said he wasn't coming back in Sept but he says he will hopefully get back for a hol at xmas.
Ami I know how it feels not to have to go to work and often wonder where the days go.Hope your dog is ok it is sad when they get old and are so missed when we lose them.
How many sleeps now Emmy bet you can hardly wait.
To Stella Carolyn GIJane and anyone I have missed take care love and big hugs to you all and thanks for being there J anice xxxxxx
katieb

Well done Doz, 5lbs thats brilliant! Bet you and Vicky can't wait for Daniel to be home - that will give you both a real lift. Glad the different letrozole is suiting you. Afraid I couldn't stay awake for the closing ceremony! Have to look at it on the i player.
Sascha, I've been on letrozole 7 months and was getting different brands and had lots of aches and pains in joints and muscles - after 6 months asked to try femara and that is a lot better. Not gone completely but they all seem to have some side effects.
I am wondering when I'll be able to retire Ami! It was 63 until they changed it, I'm 55 now so hoped it will be 65!
Carolyn, your poor OH - bet that was sore - but like most men he probably made the most of it hehe!
Take care everyone
Stella xxx

Doz1949

Hi Flutterbys
Sascha.. I had been on Femara (Letrozole) for ages then due to obvious costs and the fact they have been on the market the recommended time (think its 5 yrs) companys can now make a generic version.. different make, we are obviously being given them as they are cheaper to buy! I started having a few problems ie palpitations severe aches and pains in my shoulders and really bad hot flushes 3 days after taking the new ones so my Dr has now changed them to a different brand and so far the problems seem to be settling..I've been assured that the amount of Letrozole is the same in the generic ones but they can bulk them out with different additives.. and this is where the problem might arise if you cant tolerate the additives... I guess eveyone is different but the last ones did'nt agree with me I dont think?? at the end of the day who knows what we ar'nt tolerant to until we try them 😞 I hate all forms so its a case of finding the one that best suits you!!
Jane glad the fingers are on the mend, hope the one thats taking longer will soon heal too.... I noticed the site seemed quiet but I thought it was my longish message that had frightened everyone off ha ha!!! I think by the sund of it there are still teething troubles tho you would have thought by now it would be all up and running smoothly.... 😞 I hope you enjoyed the finale as much as I did 🙂 it was quite bizzare in places but I think on the whole London did an amazing job. the flame had me blubbering when it lowered and then finally went out 😞 very emotional... or is it just me?? Ha ha!!!
Ami I'm keeping everything crossed that pooch gets a reasonable clean bill of health for you 😞 and that his bad days are just like ours when we cant be bothered he is a good age to still be pottering along bless him xx
I've lost another lb 🙂 but yes i'm sure a few meals with Daniel and Megan will see them come back on...... unless I remember to be good... impossible 🙂 I'm getting pretty excited now to see him 🙂 tho he just messaged me to say his flight out of camp has been cancelled for today....... he has 5 days to get to Dubai so i'm not panicking............ YET!!!!
Hope everyone is well and fluttering gently.. love to everyone I hav'nt mentioned along with big hugs and lots of spoons for everyone 🙂 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Stella, glad to hear you’re getting more good days after your implant. It’s such a big decision to make and you want it to be worth it afterwards. Do hope you start working less very soon. It’ll make such a difference to your life, in a better way, I’m sure. I’d hate to have to go to work now. To say I don’t have a full calendar, I don’t know where the days have gone! Jane, bet you’re getting quite adept at eating up the freezer contents at your house! Hope you like sausages! The thought of working until you’re 68! If they keep on moving the goal posts, who knows how old you’ll actually be when retirement comes, or what the pension will be worth by then! Wonderful uplifting news about your results and you sound so much happier these days….great! Hope the fingers are healing too.Janice, hope things at home are improving for you both. Things have a way of sorting themselves out….eventually, but it’s really hard at the time to see any light at the end of the tunnel.Emmy, I expect you’re well into planning your trip by now. Is it the end of August? I can’t quite remember. We’ll miss you posting and will get withdrawal symptoms so can you prepare a stock of posts before you go, released gradually to drip feed us? Ha ha ha! Our soul sister has gone and left us for the other side of the world!!!!Carolyn, we have a stray cat who comes in for bed and breakfast when she feels like it and she’s black so we don’t always notice her under our feet. She either stops dead in her tracks and you trip over her or she darts like lightning to shoot out of the door, so I can quite understand how your O.H. never saw the cat, over a baby in arms!Doz, marvellous you’ve lost 4 1bs in 5 days!! I dieted for 3 months and lost 3 lbs…not much of an incentive to carry on! I expect you might put a bit back on, celebrating, when Daniel comes home???? Hope your palpitations have gone for good!
Our dog is about the same but we’re wondering about the quality of his life. O.H. phoned the vet who sees him, today, but she’s on holiday. It’s his 15th birthday next week, bless him! Dog's eyesight’s failing and he’s a bit deaf, not to mention his mobility issues. Oh well, we’ll see what she advises on her return. Hope everyone I haven’t mentioned is rolling along nicely. Keep well!Love Ami xx
Sascha

Hi, i am taking Letrozole, curious about your references to changing it - to a different brand or what? How does it help doing this?. I feel like a juiceless prune in places.....

GIJaneH

Lots of smileys Doz - love it! Fingers are improving -still need to protect the worst one, but the others are receiving air! So glad the Letrazole change has worked (thumbs up symbol here!) Even MORE pleased Dan's coming home soon

This site's been odd this weekend - usual threads quiet (like ours) and lots of posts about the site, and posts from June/July popping up as the mods found pleas for help no-one had seen or responded to. Very sad, when you consider the help we all had when we needed it (from each other)....

Time to get the drinks and bits ready to sit down at the Closing Ceremony...

Night nighti all... flutter gently

love Jane xx

GIJaneH

Lots of smileys Doz - love it! Fingers are improving -still need to protect the worst one, but the others are receiving air! So glad the Letrazole change has worked (thumbs up symbol here!)

This site's been odd this weekend - usual threads quiet (like ours) and lots of posts about the site, and posts from June/July popping up as the mods found pleas for help no-one had seen or responded to. Very sad, when you consider the help we all had when we needed it (from each other)....

Time to get the drinks and bits ready to sit down at the Closing Ceremony...

Night nighti all... flutter gently

love Jane xx

Doz1949

Evening Flutterbys
Well 5 days on and eating quite sensible and i've lost 4lbs whoopydoo!!! I really dont mind not eating white bread or cutting the sugars down as so far i'm munching on fruit and nuts and loving it... i've had the odd packet of crisps and bought some 80% dark chocolate (it is allowed 🙂 and feeling as if i'm cheating but if its working then brilliant 🙂
Funeral was very sad but Peter was sent off in style bless him xx I wept when he arrived as his friend had followed in Peter's vintage car and it looked immaculate, he would have been proud 😞 Daniel was quite upset on the day but he coped very well with it all and not being able to be there so I did feel for him.. Vikki managed the service but we did have to leave straight after as I had work so that was a blessing for her, Work...........................aaaargh! It was a dreadful shift shortstaffed as usual so we wont go into that again 😞
I'm now on countdown to hugging my son 🙂 he leaves southern Afghanistan in the morning to go to Kandahar for debriefing then flies from Dubai next Saturday I AM SOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING HIM NOW 🙂 Its been a very long 5 months... and Vikki cant remember much about his visit home in March so we both have something to look forward to 🙂
Just getting ready to put my feet up to watch the closing ceremony for the Olympics 🙂 after spending a day in the garden its looking so pretty now we've had a good stretch of sun but I have had to water it all as the soil is like dust..... I'm not complaining 🙂 honestly I love gardening!
Glad your results were clear Jane so pleased for you... we need more good news to keep the spirits up 🙂 hope the fingers are healing? x
Stella that is really good about your hrs being dropped I finally got mine dropped to 24 and it makes such a difference tho if I had a choice i'd retire ha ha!!! but for now its not to be so the drop has improved things lots so I hope they find someone soon for you x
Carolyn I do relate to what you say about worrying too much about our offsprings as no matter how much we take on board ourselves they will still be the same so it is good to be able to step back when we can, tho its a Mothers porogative to worry we always do it 🙂 and they always get there in the end albeit not always how we would wish.. she sounds lovely tho 🙂 I cringed when I read about your O/H tripping down the stairs with Lewis eeeeeek a definate heart in the mouth job!!!!!
I have had my Letrozole changed yet again BUT the palpitations have stopped... 2 days after the change so a big up for my Dr 🙂
Em its getting closer 🙂 🙂
Janice Ami and all the pretty flutterbys out there love always and hoping all is well in your neck of the woods..... Flutter gently girlies and take good care xxxxxxxhugsxxxxx
Crabbit

duplicated!

Crabbit

Hello everyone, I have had a quick catch up with posts, hope I haven't missed anything too important!
Ami I am glad that you are pleased with your new softie! I did think it was a change of heart that you had kept very quiet lol! I misled myself so please don't apologise for me being a bit thick!
Doz, you really could do with a break from everything couldn't you. How frustrating when you're not really getting any answers that could improve things. Fingers crossed that you get a listening ear at your next appt. Glad to hear that Daniel is doing well too.
Em good for you retail therapy and maxi dresses. I have a favourite one from Marks and Spencer which I have worn to death and cannot really find one to match it! I was lucky to get a couple of dresses half price in the Monsoon sale at the start of the summer and wore one to the oldest boys wedding and have another in hand to wear to my aunt's 60th next week. Not usually one for buying a new outfit for a do, but I enjoyed it!
I hope that you get a wee boost Janice. It's awful when you feel helpless with family issues. Try not to take on too much yourself. Sending you spoons and hugs back.
Jane, my goodness, it sounds like a bad accident with the vase. Ouch! Great news that the mammo is clear too. Now surely that qualifies for a glass or two of wine. My lovely daughter (now 21) was a very wayward teenager, despite boundaries, love, support, sanctions lol! I know what you mean about stepping back. I had to stop being scared for her all the time, worrying was getting me nowhere and causing friction. Fingers crossed she is through all the turmoil now and is a lovely warm, slightly scatty young lady!
Ami, laughing at you and the dog. I managed to trip over the cat yesterday morning. She stopped dead below me on the stairs, fortunately only two from the bottom. Reminded me of the time when Lewis was newborn and my OH tripped over the cat and slid down the stairs burning his back whilst protecting Lewis. is it wring that it makes me smile when I remember? He is a real drama queen. I have never met another human being who can make such a fuss over a minor injury, not that his falling downstairs was minor of course!
Hello Yvonne too, I hope you are doing ok. I hope you get your cut in hours (and a decent job share partner too). I am so glad that I have not been asked to put my hours up to five days a week. I rely on my Friday off completely!
take care, sorry if I have missed anyone out. xx

GIJaneH

No time to post last night! We had friends coming for dinner, adn half way through preparing for that I discovered that the freezer door had been left open a tad in the morning... lots and lots of sausages to eat now! and fish... and a porok chop and....
Stella - so glad you're going to be able to slow down a bit...
Doz - think that's good news - if it doesn't change again!
Ami - enjoy your Perky!
Janice - I have told my children that there is nothing they can do to stop me loving them, but I won't always like what they do.... painful to stand back sometimes and watch them make choices you'd rather they didn't.... or whatever the scenario is in your family... that's what it is in mine!
Emmy- SOOO exciting!
Check up all clear... see me again in 6 months. I was determined it wasn't going to be a big deal - I wasn't expecting anything horrible, it was just "routine" wasn't it? So I told my OH he needn't come (when he offered) I'd be fine... bless him, in the morning he rang and said "it feels right for me to come with you"... which was just the right thing to do, despite what I'd said! I was amazed at how relieved I felt... complex creatures, aren't we?
I've just worked out that, as he's younger than me, and i'm the bread winner, I'll have to work till I'm 68, and we can get both pensions!!!!!!!! EEEEEK!!!!

Hope all you other flutterbies are doing OK... lots of love and hugs Jane xx

katieb

Morning ladies
Ami - glad you're pleased with your new boob! We're easily pleased arent we? With my implant I have good/bad days - mostly good now.
Emmy - bet you can't wait for that holiday now - are you on countdown. I have a friend who counts how many sleeps she has to go! Well I've now bought 50 shades - I went to have my hair trimmed and theb girls in their were reading it and giggling away so I succumbed but got to finish Jenny Eclairs new one first - thats really good.
Jane - that sounds really painful, be careful! Hope your checkup goes ok today.
Janice - it is hard when thwey're all grown up and away from home and you just want to put everything right for tham don't you? Don't think its the same for Dads.
At work, they've got an ad on the web for somebody to jobshare with me which I'm really pleased about. be able to cut my hours from 33.5 to 23.75 and have every afternoon off - can't wait.
Doz - The appointment with the surgeon sounds good though - if confusing - might get it sorted at last. I'm enjoying the Olympics too, Team GB have done really well.
Hi Carolyn, Yvonne and all I've not mentioned!.
Take care everybody
Stella xx

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Work beckons so just a quick flutter in to say OOOOUCH!!! Jane you poor love so painful... 😞 I hope your results are good ones another yrs milestone hon xx
Janice keep that chin up sweetie xxx
Ami bless your pooch growing old is no joke whether your human or a doggie he must have been having a power nap ready to face his lunch... such a shame when they slow down but i'm sure he is spoilt... and why not 🙂 The black dots are a pain as sometimes i'm not sure if something is moving or flying in front of me and with still having the floater it can really get on your nerves.. guess i'm stuck with them but at least I can still see so thankful for small mercys eh hon... xx
Em I love the long dresses but i've got quite broad shoulders so not many suit me unless they are halter neck so I do envy you and colours way to go girl.. I bet your chomping at the bit to get there Look out OZ Flutterby emerging 🙂 xx
Funeral on friday and straight to work afterwards at least I got a couple of hrs off to go and pay my last respects 😞
THE THUMB... I didnt get a repeat appointment I got a letter to say I was on the list to see the Surgeon???? So now i'm confused??? Nothing new there then 🙂
Love and big hugs to all flutter gently and enjoy the Olympics are'nt we doing well 🙂
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Aw Janice, so sorry you’ve been depressed but glad to read you’re now feeling a bit happier. We worry so much about family and what affects them affects us….we just can’t help it! It’s so painful when they aren’t living nearby. So pleased your Xray results were OK and hope the tummy is improving, flutterby. Went for my new prosthesis and I was saying about us all with the weight problem. The nurse said lots of ladies are like that after treatment and lots decide they don’t want to worry about eating that piece of cake and doing exercises so they just get on with living. After getting my new one, I realised just how much I needed it. It felt odd at first, I was so used to the old one. But now I have two!! One for when I lose weight and one for when I put it on!! Doz, we went out for an hour and a half and my dog was so stressed when we came back, he didn’t even realise I’d made his dinner and promptly fell asleep with relief under his blanket, which is unheard of. He’s usually like Ben with the crisps…..beats you to the bowl! He does sleep longer lately. Did wonder whether you’d still got the black dots. I’m due to get my new specs next couple of days. Wonder if I’ll have to get used to those? What a relief about your ECG. It may all settle now that you know you’re in the clear. It’s sods law about your thumb, isn’t that just typical? I’m smiling at the jumping out of bed in the morning and the, “watch out she’s up“. Ha ha ha. Mines more like “Out of the way, she’s hobbling to the bathroom“! Oh and I had that jam and cream doughnut you fancied, this afternoon, and I didn’t care! Emmy, you poor love, suffering with the swollen fingers and hands and then in your spine. You must be very fed up, flutterby…. but good on yer for getting those maxi dresses! As they cover a multitude of sins, you can let it all hang out under there and still look a million dollars! Jane! Ooer! You’re as bad as me with my wrist! Just glad the vase went first!! You are truly excused from being here, due to shock! We will let you off, ha ha ha! It will stop you counting your money after spending on your day out. Sending a healing hug. Hope you go on OK tomorrow with your results and check up…..let us know!
Look after yourselves, you all deserve it. No, spoil yourselves! Love Ami xx
emmy

Hand on it's way and just read your owwwie!!!! with your hand, my hubbie is also a leftie which he assures is the sign of a genius? I believe him! No naughty woman we didn't know so yes more than forgiven! Hug for you!
Janice know exactly how you feel once again I can only say how hard it is to watch those you love going through hard times, it makes you feel so helpless. I think they know how much you care and things have a funny way of going where they are meant to be ,big hug!
I hope all our flutterbys are looking after themselves? Take care all you lovely flutterbys and of course hugs all round Em xxx

GIJaneH

Doz - I've been so ....er... not here... SO sorry about Pete, prayers for his family and friends.. Rotten of your thumb to behave when it should be misbehaving, if you see what I mean... You go for it Em - be bold and bright flutterby. My clerical shirts are very bright and cheerful! Mammo results and annual (?) check up tomorrow.. having hair cut in the morning, so, after an early meeting I'm taking some time back, and the rest of the day off. Wouldn't be there much anyway! Had a lovely day (off) today with my oldest friend. We went and had a pedicure, back massage, lunch, mooch round outlet place... and did a bit of chatting of course! Fingers mending.... did I say I was in A&E Thursday evening? Fell flat on face whilst carrying vase of flowers... vase smashed before I landed (on it)... all the fingers of my left hand needed gluing and steri-stripping back together (and I'm left handed!) Does that excuse me from not being here? Might have something to do with the Big O too, I confess... not being a sporty person I'm amazed how much I've watched/enjoyed.
Hope you're all OK flutterbies...lots of love Jane x

Guest user
Not applicable

Emmy Hope you are right and its because of the big O as you put it I know we are watching it.Weather here is lovely at the moment just the odd shower and surprising to see floods only a few miles away.It must be so devastating for people who get flooded out I don't know how they cope but they seem to.Not too long to the big hol you must be getting really excited and I am sure the warm sun will help you.
Hope all you other flutterbys are okay Iam feeling a bit happier and just hope things work out in my family its hard being a mum and not being able to just give them a hug when they need it as they don't live nearby.Big hugs and spoons if needed love Janice xxx
emmy

Phew! Doz you have my utmost admiration! I am now reduced to wearing splints as I dropped the kettle (which was thankfully cold!) but this on top of some other things like very swollen fingers and hands has had me worried, as I am having tests for RA along with DNA to see what kind of arthritis I have. Anyway went for OT app along with physio to find it is also in my spine! I have to admit to feeling relieved despite the results so far as you can imagine my thoughts on that! I am getting some equipment along with as many physio apps before Oz possible and the rest will sort once we are back, they did say it will do me a lot of good to get some decent sun along with much advice on flying! Ahhh! the gift that keeps on giving!
I do hope you are all well? It's gone quiet so I assume the big 'O' has your attention? I wish the weather would make up it's mind it is quite cold here and so overcast, as long as the awful floods stay away I think it has such a devastating effect on a community, we have had some flash floods but thankfully not as bad as some years ago when it left our little town looking like a war zone.
ami you would be proud! yep I got some lovely maxi dresses and how forgiving are they?? They are bright colours something that I would never have worn in my previous life! So decided to be a bright, bold flutterby! Got to go now food shopping and hubby patiently waiting so sending spoons and a group hug to all take care Em xxxxx

Doz1949

Hi Flutterbys
Can I just say thank you to everyone for their kind words and support, what a lovely bunch you are xxhugxx
So much to write to you all so find a comfy seat 🙂
Janice I'm pleased to hear your Xray results were normal but I hope whatever is upsetting the family is just a blip and the stress factor eases for you, it can do such strange things to us but my love to you honey and lots of spoons to carry you through bless you xxhugxx
Jane I think you are so right we do need to put a different perspective on life and enjoy every second you are given, as we dont know whats around the corner for any of us.. I do envy your trips I love camping... well I used to though I hav'nt participated for a long while now 🙂 we used to swim with the seals in Cornwall at a place called Nanjezal the seals were always there and loved the attention, they would swim between your legs and keep bobbing up behind you as if they were playing, which i'm sure they were.. Hope you enjoy seeing them they are so cute and YES I try to leave on the dot now too...time and time again it would stretch to 15 mins or 30 mins late leaving and it rattled me no end to think if I was 15 mins late arriving I would get the look but the other way round and no'one cares so now I just go as soon as the last patient is comfortable... we do have a life outside work 🙂
Carolyn I laughed at the good/bad food comment its so hard to change our normal diet as you are about to read 🙂 sorry to hear your still feeling teary 😞 its not pleasant when the emotions get the better of you.. I seem to do it so easy lately its as if someone pushes a button and out they come... BC certainly plays with our bodies and minds and I dont like not being in control of myself or my emotions which I try to keep in check, though it has been hard in the past year, outside influences hav'nt helped but I think I will still blame BC 🙂
Ami I was going to congratulate you on your decision to have recon then I read the second post and laughed at your admission of being a coward.. ha ha i'm right there with you on that one 🙂 the weight thing?? it has been hard for me too to loose weight I have been following Em's efforts too and have come to the decision its not us its the treatment that keeps it on.. I do remember reading somewher when our hormones are compromised the body stores fat int he place our hormones would normally be efficient but as in our case ours are'nt working up to par so perhaps its due to that??? Or was I dreaming that?? I never know lately as the head does'nt function like it used to 🙂 I do feel for you with your affection for your pooch and decisions that he will come first, its hard when they get old and reliant on us but after having them in your family for so long there is'nt really a choice but to to be there for them.. and the thought of them not being there is'nt worth thinking about so bless you your time will come honey 🙂 As for the glasses and floating black dots yup i've still got mine after the blip with the detatched retina scare... you could be right about all the treatment and effects?? BC should be renamed to NBC Not Bl***y Clever!!!
I have had all my results back............. ECG was fine it showed ectopic beats but I have been assured there is nothing sinister happening PHEW!!! the bloods were again clear they tested all functions because of the Letrozole and again nothing showed up?? I asked about the generic Letrozole and was told they could cause a few side effects but mine were showing nothing untoward so they are'nt going to change them back to Femara... its all about cost 😞 I am back at the BC clinic in November for 2nd yr check up so I will mention it again if I am still feeling rubbish.. BUT the sugar levels from my bloods were a bit higher than previous so I am having to watch what I eat now to keep them at a good level.. my Grandma was Diabetic and over the past 5 yrs my 2 sisters were diagnosed with Diabeties so I guess it runs in the family!! So yesterday after going to see PLastics re my thumb.. AAAAARGH!!! They wont do anything yet as the blessed thing was'nt locking by the time I got in (45 mins behind) he wants to see me again in October he said there is calcification in the joint but the Cortisone will still be taking effect and it should ease more... had it been locked when I went in I would have been put on the list for releasing it but hey ho is'nt that just typical!!! After all that time waiting for the appointment I feel a bit deflated its been so painful and annoying and just like a dental app, for an aching tooth does'nt it always clear up just before you go... or when you decide your hair needs a makeover the day your due to go it looks fine!!! And guess what this morning it was locked..... AAARGH!!!! anyway as I was saying I left there and went shopping only this time what is normally a pleasure to buy just what you fancy I had to don the glasses and read all the blinkin bumf on the packaging to see which product was lower in sugars and carbohydrates and I didnt enjoy my shopping trip one bit!!! Oh to be back to the old self that could eat a cream bun or bag of crisps when the fancy takes... or just to be able to jump out of bed in a morning and when the feet hit the ground the devil says watch out she's up!!!
Are you all still awake????
Em I guess life is a big roller coaster for you at the moment 🙂 so much to look forward too and enjoy, and how good to know your feeling a bit better with yourself and yes you do need to take a bit of me time out still we dont want you loosing your new found energy spurts till you have had your well deserved holiday 🙂
Daniel is coping quite well with the loss of his friend which is a bit of a worry but I guess he has a good mind set and knows he cant do anything to change things bless him, I will be attending the funeral this week which will be a very sad day for us all 😞
I hope all appointments are happy ones for you all and my hand is always there for a bit of support along with love and big hugs to all you special flutterbys bless you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone back home and shattered but enjoyed seeing the boys.Unfortunately things aren't going to well in my family so Iam pretty stressed out and very depressed so will just be a short post hands and spoons to all of you who need them and Doz prayers said for all of Petes family and friends so sad.
Ami I knew what you meant by the new boob I don't need mine now my boob has been re-arranged.
Love and HUGS to all love Janicexxx p.s my Xray results were normal so just need stomach sorted out but that could just be stress xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carolyn
Sorry I misled you! And anyone else reading my post. I'm just going for a new prothesis on Monday, that's all. As for recon, after what I've had taken I don't think it would match the other, plus I'm a devout coward!! Enjoy your weekend....just what I could do with.... a wedding party! Please Carolyn, don't beat yourself up over the exercising and weight thing. Do what makes you happy and go with the flow!
Love Ami xx
Crabbit

Hello ladies,
Hello Doz and so sorry to hear about Pete. Ami summed things up so well. Life is so precious and who knows where any of us will be in a years time, BC or not. I keep telling myself that BC aside I am blessed to have a body that 'works' if you know what I mean. Fingers crossed for your ECG and bloods, hope it all goes well.

New boob Ami! Gosh there will be no stopping you, sending you hugs and hand holding and hoping all the pre op stuff goes well. And you are so right, it would be very boring if we all read the same type of thing. I wish my taste wasn't quite so grisly! The girls at work are always swapping books and I never have anything suitable to swap! I am so out of touch with what everyone else is reading.

Pleased to hear that Occ Health are looking after you Elsa Jane, as for leaving bang on time etc you are quite right. Stuff the looks you get. I swore when I was off work and things were still dodgy that I would never get myself stressed over my job and I would keep things in perspective. I haven't been entirely successful but certainly have kept my hours down (having Fridays off) despite Lewis starting school this year.

Stella, please do not be too impressed! I have bought in the healthy food - tick! I am still consuming the unhealthy food - tick! I actually put on a pound at weigh in today, but I'm not complaining, it was a fair cop! Another night out again threw me this week when we went to Perth racecourse for an evening meeting with hubby's work! I was so hungry I had a veggie burger and chips, and I love my sweets. I am tired all the time and not working through the Summer hols, don't know how well I'll get on running when back at work. I am trying to exercise to fight the fatigue but I am having more teary spells (very gradual build up but can see where things are going lol! ) so totally understand the tiredness taking away our ability to exercise. Proof of the pudding will be keeping anything up after next week when schools go back here.

This weekend we go down to York to my stepson and his lovely wife's wedding party. He is such a smashing lad and very much like his father, really looking forward to going down.

Take care you lovely lot! Carolyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Flutterbys
Doz, I’m so sorry about your son’s friend, Pete. What a shock and so, so very sad! You’re right Elsa-Jane, we do subtly change after BC, hence, Where did I go? You appreciate how fragile life really is. I hope your results at the doctors are good for you Doz. Stella. For a short while, we lived in the area where your son has moved. It’s very nice with some lovely properties. Hope you’re getting some sleep, it’s horrid when you’re up during the night all the time. Jane, hope your mammo results are good next week flutterby! Fingers crossed although I don’t expect you’ll need it.Emmy, glad to hear you are more laid back these days and yes, rushing around doesn’t ever seem to work. Now I’m one year on from Herceptin the hair which has grown in that year is much better. I can’t believe it takes all that time for us to heal in different ways. Your weight, if anything like mine, has stuck, even though I dieted and exercised and in 3 months lost only 3lb, so disheartening! Fact is I don’t eat the wrong things anyway! I am off to get a new boob next week as I have gradually become lopsided due to weight gain!! Hope healthy eating is working for you Carolyn, wonder if the Herceptin has contributed to Emmy and my weight gain? Yes, although we will be heartbroken, we’re also looking forward to being able to go out and about when our dog has departed. About 50 shades of grey?… we’ve done it all by now girls, haven’t we? Like you Carolyn, chic lit isn’t my thing, but I appreciate, it wouldn’t do for us all to like the same thing, so really hope you enjoyed your book Stella.Janice, are you back from your trip yet? Hope it’s done you good? Weather here hasn’t been too bad at all. I went to the opticians for new specs yesterday as I haven‘t been since before BC. O.H hasn’t changed but mine have. Makes you wonder if BC drugs have any bearing? I could sometimes see a tiny blank spot in one eye and it seems I have a bit of something stuck to the back of my retina! That and it costing a fortune, it’s a good job there’s only mine to pay for!!
Sorry if I’ve missed anyone! Enjoy the evening girls. Love Ami xx
Elsa

I was so, so sorry to hear about Pete.....someone so young....you just don't know what's around the corner
It is things like this and breast cancer that change you....I feel I've subtly changed from the person I was. You only get one chance at life and you never know how long that chance is going to last...I find myself saying yes to doing more things now as I don't want to pass on anything. I've even said yes to a weekends camping in Pembrokeshire in September so we can go and see the seal pups....so unlike me to do camping! Also planning a trip to Mull to go and see the sea eagles. Even now I'm back at work, I always used to work late but now I walk out dead on the dot if not before the dot! I see people looking at me but I really don't care....so long as the work is done and done well.
I had my appointment with Occy Health the other day and the person I saw was lovely...I've been advised to have a workstation assessment so no harm in that I guess.
Getting into the Olympics now and really looking forward to the athletics tomorrow. My sister gets married next week in Gretna Green so also looking forward to a family get-together and a knees up (I'll try and combine the knees up with some post op exercises for good measure....do you think anyone will notice!!)
Anyhoo......gotta go
Hugs to all xx

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Very sad news yesterday Pete passed away, I feel so much for my son who is still in Afghanistan and wont be home for 3 weeks, it must be breaking his heart along with everyone else who knew him! Had a very teary couple of days it was shocking news as he did have Meningitis and no idea where or how it came from, The Dr's said he could have just passed a carrier 😞 as easy as that. So Cruel.
Work has been very busy and very warm which is'nt ideal, I have done 3 late shifts on the trot and slept for England last night...
Going for ECG and blood results this morning and finally Plastics tomorrow... busy days yet again!!
I bought Vikki 50 shades Trilogy to try to get her to concentrate a bit better by reading... but they are still on the shelf in her room 🙂 Plan B................................?
Physio yesterday yet again.. was a waste of journey we arrived on time 3/4 hr later physio came to get her only to tell us she still had'nt had a reply from Consultant re treatment.........Oh dear was not a happy bunny as its a 20 mile drive 😞 then had to take her home and get changed and do the self same drive to go back to work!
I have missed quite a lot of the Olympics but I will be catching up over the next few days and enjoying whats still to come, seems like GB Team are finally finding their Mojo....
Hope you are all well and the weather is being kind, love to everyone.. I must shed these PJ's ad get ready for Dr's get up and go got up and went!!!
Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
katieb

Morning ladies
Emmy, thats brought a smile already today - the 80 year old man buying the trilogy - hope it worked for him! I've got to see GP again end of August re the sertraline so will try to stay with it til then. It has helped my tearfulness definitely.
I'm quite lucky at work at the moment as in reception we have a TV and I'm allowed to put the Olympics on (usually its BBC News all day) so not much work being done.
Carolyn - you are good doing some training and healthy eating as well. Do you get tired? I always seem to find an excuse not to do the exercise but a lot of the ime I am tired but sure doing the exercise would counteract that - I need some motivation!
Have a good day everybody - despite the weather!
Stella xx

Crabbit

Hello everyone, and especially Ami who I missed out last time!!!
Can I add my healing thoughts to Pete and family too please? Just rubbish. It's just a horrible, helpless feeling when someone is in that position.
Ami, what a shame about your dog. It is tricky as they get older though I know. My mum and dad went away very little during the last three years of their dog's life for similar reasons. Without sounding mercenary they are making up for it now, although mum did confess to having a look at the rescue dogs recently!!
Exercises? I was told 8 - 10 weeks post op! A friend of mine who's a BCN has told me that lympho often presents 2 or 3 years later. I know that I am certainly back to all my naughty habits. Gardening without gloves and hauling around furniture and bags of compost. I was paranoid about insect bites etc at first.
How is Dunfermline going Janice? I am just along the road from you just now. In fact we were at Dobbies yesterday and got some lovely plants to fill a space where I have eventually dug up some 'failing to thrive'! Today will be a cleaning day for me and then it's off to Perth Races with OH's work tonight!
Next week I am hoping the school will be open so that I can start to set up the classroom, but trying not to think too much about working just now.
Ah Emmy getting closer to your hols now. I am one of the women who has got 50 shades of grey! Everyone at work was reading it and passing on their copy....but I have to say I got three chapters in and have passed it on. It is pretty dull! Mind you I've never really been into the chick lit stuff. I like my gorey/ grizzly forensic/ murder stories i.e Reichs and Karin Slaughter! I have had another week where I don't think my weigh in will show a loss, but I have managed a proper week of training so will have done some good I'm sure. I need to get the measuring tape out at times like this because it doesn't always show on the scales! (She says in hope lol!). I know it's frustrating Emmy. I was told to wait until my weight gain had stopped/ slowed by my ONC and then tackle it.
Jane - glad the mammo is done and dusted. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Stella. I hope you do manage to get your sleep sorted out. Not easy when you are trying to cope with working as well. Glad your son is all moved in safely too.
Doz, I think I have already worn my OH's resolve down with the Olympics coverage! I thought the Opening Cermony was wonderful. It would be very easy to watch the coverage all day. Very exciting stuff! I am going to have to be a little more disciplined today though as I've said and get some cleaning done!
Janice, I'm glad your GP changed your tablets without a fuss. It is nice and important to be listened to on this journey!
Take care lovely ladies, I am still sat in bed in pyjamas. Time to get up. ( Even though I could sleep all day! lol ).
Carolyn xxx

emmy

oooer! Took ages then posted two! Sorry flutterbys! x

emmy

Hi all! I too am sending prayers for Pete it is so unfair when these things happen. I too have been plagued with Lymphodema but I think this hot weather (I loved it!) didn't help my reflexologist tells me a lot of 'his ladies' have had recurrences with the heat so I am wearing the sleeve and got an app for end of Aug so I am well prepared for my flight on 10th Sept! I don't want to spoil things as for the sleeve it has really helped at my last measure the arm was actually slimmer in places compared to my 'good arm' so it does do the job.
Jane sending all good wishes and 'the hand' which I am sure you will not need but then it won't hurt along with a hug! I was shocked at your wage cut! I know your job is a vocation but taking the p--s comes to mind it is so wrong!
ami I did giggle at your doggy not for falling over but 'cos he sounds so sweet and I am sure he is a little love, as for not much going on enjoy I certainly do! yes I did enjoy the day but was so tired when we got home but mentally flying 'cos I DID IT! I know I get sort of spurts of energy then end up being wiped out for a day or two! I think I need to try to space things out a little more but yes very satisfying to do a few bits and be happy with that! makes me wonder if all my flying about pre bc was really clever??? Not getting too bothered now I just do what I can when I can but the thing that is really great? No runny nose, well not nearly as bad as it was!
Stella I am taking Mirtazapine and it has so helped me but it does take time to settle I was told around 6-8 weeks and my moods aren't as acute though I still can get tearful but not as much as it once was thank heaven! I was such a weepy wreck along with flashes of anger for no good reason! I would give it a bit longer but don't leave it too long 'cos going without sleep sort of defeats the point of taking anything.
Carolyn I hope the healthy eating is working? I am sort of stuck at losing 3 lbs but no more though I have tried so hard and given up all the bad things along with doing the chair exercises! I will now be realistic and know that it isn't going to fall off before the hols though I am sticking at it as I feel a bit better trying! How lovely a wedding! I love them our last was our son's two years ago and that was lovely it is a real feel good affair isn't it?
Stella I was laughing at your NOT reading 50 Shades 'cos we looked at the books in a well known supermarket ,they had gone down and there was an old boy stood there telling us he has bought all three for his wife and if they didn't work he was bringing them right back! He was seriously around 80 or so which made us laugh not in a bad way it was just so unexpected! I am afraid I too can't be faffed I read Lady Chatterley (in secret when I was 16!) and was so not impressed, I just got bored!
Janice i hope you enjoy your time in Dumfermline and the weather was kind, I was asked when I went to see specialist about my arthritis about what tabs I am on (Arimidex) and she said to stay on them and not change as my body will get used to it! She also pointed out that many of the drugs we take tend to have some sort of side effect so it was better to stick with what I know! Hmmm! I will see!
Jane I so hope things are going well at work for you, I am still as mad as a wet hen (Jane1 did you ever ask?) at the treatment you have had having to use up leave as part of phasing in it is so wrong on so many levels!
I hope I have managed to get everyone? if not please accept my apologies as has been said we are ever growing in numbers! I hope this weather isn't too horrible for us all it is looking like a rerun!!!! Where on earth have they put our real summer? Take care flutterbys and gently flutter those shoulders! Spoons, love and a Big group hug Em xxxxx

emmy

Hi all! I too am sending prayers for Pete it is so unfair when these things happen. I too have been plagued with Lymphodema but I think this hot weather (I loved it!) didn't help my reflexologist tells me a lot of 'his ladies' have had recurrences with the heat so I am wearing the sleeve and got an app for end of Aug so I am well prepared for my flight on 10th Sept! I don't want to spoil things as for the sleeve it has really helped at my last measure the arm was actually slimmer in places compared to my 'good arm' so it does do the job.
Jane sending all good wishes and 'the hand' which I am sure you will not need but then it won't hurt along with a hug! I was shocked at your wage cut! I know your job is a vocation but taking the p--s comes to mind it is so wrong!
ami I did giggle at your doggy not for falling over but 'cos he sounds so sweet and I am sure he is a little love, as for not much going on enjoy I certainly do! yes I did enjoy the day but was so tired when we got home but mentally flying 'cos I DID IT! I know I get sort of spurts of energy then end up being wiped out for a day or two! I think I need to try to space things out a little more but yes very satisfying to do a few bits and be happy with that! makes me wonder if all my flying about pre bc was really clever??? Not getting too bothered now I just do what I can when I can but the thing that is really great? No runny nose, well not nearly as bad as it was!
Stella I am taking Mirtazapine and it has so helped me but it does take time to settle I was told around 6-8 weeks and my moods aren't as acute though I still can get tearful but not as much as it once was thank heaven! I was such a weepy wreck along with flashes of anger for no good reason! I would give it a bit longer but don't leave it too long 'cos going without sleep sort of defeats the point of taking anything.
Carolyn I hope the healthy eating is working? I am sort of stuck at losing 3 lbs but no more though I have tried so hard and given up all the bad things along with doing the chair exercises! I will now be realistic and know that it isn't going to fall off before the hols though I am sticking at it as I feel a bit better trying! How lovely a wedding! I love them our last was our son's two years ago and that was lovely it is a real feel good affair isn't it?
Stella I was laughing at your NOT reading 50 Shades 'cos we looked at the books in a well known supermarket ,they had gone down and there was an old boy stood there telling us he has bought all three for his wife and if they didn't work he was bringing them right back! He was seriously around 80 or so which made us laugh not in a bad way it was just so unexpected! I am afraid I too can't be faffed I read Lady Chatterley (in secret when I was 16!) and was so not impressed, I just got bored!
Janice i hope you enjoy your time in Dumfermline and the weather was kind, I was asked when I went to see specialist about my arthritis about what tabs I am on (Arimidex) and she said to stay on them and not change as my body will get used to it! She also pointed out that many of the drugs we take tend to have some sort of side effect so it was better to stick with what I know! Hmmm! I will see!
Jane I so hope things are going well at work for you, I am still as mad as a wet hen (Jane1 did you ever ask?) at the treatment you have had having to use up leave as part of phasing in it is so wrong on so many levels!
I hope I have managed to get everyone? if not please accept my apologies as has been said we are ever growing in numbers! I hope this weather isn't too horrible for us all it is looking like a rerun!!!! Where on earth have they put our real summer? Take care flutterbys and gently flutter those shoulders! Spoons, love and a Big group hug Em xxxxx

GIJaneH

Oh Doz - prayer for Pete right now... poor love and his poor family. SO unfair!!! One of the "OK God, what are you up to" sort of prayers I think.....

re exercises for life - it was the BCN AFTER the lymph appeared that told me that!!!! Could have done with it earlier, and maybe I'd not have lymphodema.. but maybe they said and I didn't listen/hear. Quite possible.

Had my mammogram this morning - very quick (if not painless!) Appt with surgeon next week, then I think that's it for another year.

off to see what's olympic love Jane

katieb

Hi ladies
Back to work today - son all moved into new house at Alderley Edge. Its lovely up there, some beautiful houses.
Doz, sorry to hear about your sons friend - such awful diseases that come completely out of the blue. I'm sure we're all saying a prayer for him.
Hope you managed to sort your Femara with doctor. Is anyone on the anti depressant sertraline? I've been taking it for four weeks now and did feel better but seems to be affecting my sleep - keep waking up and can't get back to sleep - frustrating. Just wondered if anybody else had any views on it?
Ami - I'm just reading a Jill Mansell chick lit book - nice and easy not 50 Shades of Grey that everybody seems to be into at the moment!
There seem to be posts on here that weren't here when I was last on - if that makes sense!
Elsa-glad work is not too bad, it gets better.
We've had sun and heavy showers today - sun at the moment so no doubt will throw it down when I go for my bus.
Take care everyone
Stella xx

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Like you Ami I'm really bad at remembering some things and now when I look back on the day after my op I think the brain only took on the words "You can go home now" the rest was an anxious rush of get me out of here..... I do remember the physio saying about the exercises and as Jane has just said it possibly was for life come to think of it... and due to the fact I hav'nt been doing them regularly and still having problems with my shoulders I think I need my wrist slapping 🙂 I have been trying to do them regularly for the past few weeks now and they are feeling a bit better 🙂
I know how you must feel about not leaving your pooch bless him, Ben has been a couple of times now so he is'nt too bad but Alice used to sulk like mad when she had been in kennels it took her a couple of days to forgive us bless her.. we've had a couple of BBQ's this week 🙂 I bought too much for the first one so we had to have another to clear up ha ha!!! Thats my excuse 🙂 we had been forecasted rain for the past few days but as yet its still to arrive, and as I speak the sun is shining so I will not jinx it by saying any more!!!!
Jane I heard about the temporary filling from my son last year I didnt know there was such a thing either but I know it worked for him.... good stuff 🙂 Hope you have a pain free day!
We received some very sad news yesterday, my sons friend Pete was taken into hospital with suspected Meningitis and today we had the news that he is in a coma... the Doctors have said there is very little they can do for him now.. so some magic flutterby prayers would be appreciated 😞 He is such a lovely guy who would do "anything" for "anyone" its so unfair 😞
Love and hugs to all xxxxxxxhugsxxxxxx
GIJaneH

Exercises - I was told they were for LIFE!!!! And certainly my lymph started when I stopped them (feeling too rough through chemo to bother..) The moment you get rid of that wig and feel you can go outu without it is FAB - remember it well!! Well done Stella! Lots of people seem to have a reaction to the generic femara... fortunatly, it doesn't seem to make much difference to me, but I know it can.
Yesterday's little "blip" was the breaking of a temporary crown I had fitted last week! Why does it alwalys happen at the weekend!?!? Anyhoo, the emergency bods told me to go to a supermarket and buy "temporary filling" and put that in - works a treat! It'll certainly keep me goign till tomorrow. I had to redo a bit this morning, but it's easy and OK.. never knew about that stuff! Passing it on!
It's not the jam that makes me put on weight, it's what I put it on!!! Eating carefully till I see the dentist, so the pork chops can wait! Jam and brioche for brekkers, rather than nutty meusli! we too are planning a holiday... exciting...

have a lovely day...

Jane xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls
Well, I haven’t much to report! There’s not much happening here…suppose that’s good as I like normal! What a rotten thing to do, Doz, to the flat. Bet you’ll be glad when it’s sold and done with. However, what brilliant news about Vikki’s medical insurance, what a weight lifted! I’m glad Ben is OK now. That little jig they do is so funny. Mine does it when he’s had a shampoo, although these days he’s so old he’s likely to fall off his legs! He also bends his head and charges at the towel like a bull. Planning for a holiday sounds good. We can’t go because of the dog. He’s too old to put in kennels but then we never have, and there’s no one to leave him with. He’s too old anyway to expect anyone to look after him. Ah well, I can live in hope! Hope you enjoyed your barbeque, the weather here has been great. Enjoy your day with friends tomorrow, you deserve it!
Oh, Emmy, I’m so pleased you’re enjoying life a bit now, the Christening sounded a happy event for you and being well enough to enjoy it at long last. Soon be Aussie time, hope you’re packing those sandals you bought!
Jane! All that jam! It’s always lovely to make your own stuff. I used to make all sorts of things but these days we just get fat if we eat it so I don’t do much! Do hope your aggrannoying lympho is a bit better!
Stella, sounds like you’ve had a nice week with your family. Hope you enjoyed sitting in the sunny garden with your book. What are you reading? Careful of the sun on your tender scalp and new hair! Great you’re able to be free of the wig now, flutterby.
Elsa-Jane I don’t remember anyone telling me how long to do the exercises for, after surgery. It seems quite a long time ago now, so perhaps I don’t remember! Looking back, I suppose I’ve been lucky not to have any problems.
Carolyn, have you been good and done your healthy shop? More to the point, are you now eating it??? Ha ha ha! And congratulations on your boys marriage!
Janice, hope you’re enjoying the games. But don’t get withdrawal symptoms in Dunfermline, will you!
Hope you’re OK Yvonne and anyone else reading.
Hugs all round. Ami xx