cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

HJU63

Re: Where did I go????

Hi there.
Like many woken by storms - though I always find thunder storms quite exhilerating. Not so keen on the v heavy rain but the garden looks better for it.
Janice, hope Phil is doing well when you get in to see him today and that he is allowed home sooner rather than later.
Doz, how lovely for your son to pay for your tickets to Mallorca - we love Mallorca and will be jetting off there late August, sadly only for 1 week as OH has limited holiday this year. We go to the north of the island and really love it.
Glad that Kate and baby are well.
Off for a swim now, off work this week so trying to swim every day to kick-start the weight loss, well I am hoping so. Helen.

jmr

Wow Doz something to look forward to Dan so obviously grateful for all you have done for him.Hope Vikki gets pain sorted out it tint fair for one so young to have all her problems.I was woken by the thunder but as you say very little rain but boy was it loud.
Going in to see Phil soon he has phoned to say he MAY get home tomorrow I hope so I am exhausted going through everyday and traffic is horrendous at times I go.Don't know what prince will be called but bet he has Charles as one if the many names he will have love Yao all janice xxxxx

Doz1949

P.s I think the new Prince will be called James..... 🙂 xx
Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
just finished a night shift through the most horrendous thunderstorm... The whole building shook! And at one point we lost power and then the generator alarms went off.... Scarey stuff, had hoped it would clear the air but its still muggy 😞 and now the sun is shining so what little bit of rain we got has now dried up and it's very warm again....
I,ve been picking blackcurrants too 🙂 I love them!
On the drinking topic.... I just can't hack it anymore 😞 no matter what it is I get headache and awful flushes too, so I don't bother, but I do miss the odd one now and then!
Good to hear you finally had someone to explain things Janice, I don't blame you for being over anxious it's been a very worrying time for you, I,m sure we,d all be the same had we been in your shoes, it is a bit bad that you had to wait so long to get some answers 😞 I,m thinking on the same lines as you, re Letrozole I,ve had enough of feeling rotten, it does have so many side effects its hard to know what it's causing but I,ve had enough of the aches and pains and just generally feeling rubbish, it's on my long list of to do's when I finally get round to doing 🙂 there just does,nt seem enough hrs in a day anymore!
Well better get ready, Vikki is seeing Pain Management Consultant soon and it's my sisters birthday so before I get to have a nap the to do list for today is growing sigh!
P.s My little Afghan Dan has paid for my air tickets to go and spend a couple of weeks in Mallorca with my friend who moved out there 5 yrs ago.....WOO HOO! Holidays here I come 🙂 5 weeks to go Chill time ahead 🙂
love and hugs to everyone as alwayz xxxxxxhugxxxxx flutter gently x
jmr

Got answers I needed by ringing Stoma nurse and instead of giving me everything is normal spiel she explained everything to me and said that Phil had had a rough time but he is making good progress and that excess drainage is normal and will improve over the next few weeks.But it was nice that she had time to explain it all so I am a lot happier but they still need to improve communication skills.I know I was very anxious but they didn't have to ignore my questions.So hopefully he will be home Thurs or Fri.I am not taking the pills as I know counselling will help and I may ask breast care nurse if maybe I could have a break from Letrozole as I know that doesn't help my anxiety Anyway off out with son for a meal I think I am going to forget how to cook ha ha love and hugs Janice xxxxx

jmr

Doc has been in to see Phil and said he will most likely get home this week so hopefully I may get to see doc myself this afternoon.Its just you get different answers from different so who is right Maybe it's me being over anxious but they still need to get their communication sorted thanks for all your kind thoughts and being there love Janice xx

GIJaneH

Janice, just a quickie.... it often seems that if people are up front "tell me everything" the docs are more likely to tell the truth... I know it doesn't always happen, but.... will be thinking of you today. Big Hug!

J xx

Elsa

Thinking of you today Janice when you speak to the doctor; glad to hear that Phil is feeling a tad better; it's good that his drip is down and tube is out x
The slightly cooler weather was a welcome respite this weekend; I had a bit more energy to get on with a few jobs. If the weather forecast is anything to go by then today should be the last really warm day for a while.
My OH and I took a break from decorating the kitchen yesterday and went for lunch at Powys Castle followed by a stroll around the gardens; they were beautiful and we saw some cute peacock chicks. There was a country and western festival in the fields below the castle so we had music as we strolled.....lovely
On the alcholol thing; I'm sure that alcohol induces hot flushes; in my case it doesn't make any difference if I have red or white wine the effect is still the same...heat! I now just sit by an open door or window while I have my glass of wine and this does the trick unless there's heatwave of course!
Jane - ...picking fruit; making jam, drying lavender....sounds blissful and perfect to me. We're thinking of getting a friut press to make our own apple juice this year so just been looking at 'how to' online; can't wait to try.
Anyway, time to get ready for work. Hugs to all
Jane xx

jmr

Phil got drip down and tube out of nose so feeling a bit better but still a long way to go.I took him out for a while in a wheel chair so gave him a break from the ward.I know questions to ask Jane but having worked for the NHS I know you don't always get the truth from people but will hopefully find out some answers love to everyone Janice xxx

GIJaneH

Hi Helen - I have to limit the wine/beer/lager because of the flushes, and I no longer drink gin or port at all! There's definitely a link.... I made it during pre-cancer menopause - same now wih the Letrazole Effect.... I can cope with a glass though... it actually depends on the wine too - some are OK, others not, and I can never remember which is which!

Very homey this weekend - picked lavender this afternoon and tied it up to dry..... Did some more cutting back, now I've decided to park myself on a bench with a book.... Enough! BBQ later.... (not much wine, cause I'm on call)

Janice - you know the questions to ask... write them down, and don't go until you have answers... be thinking of you tomorrow....

God bless
Jane xxx

Oh.... extra spoons for those who need them ----o ------0 ------0

HJU63

Jamice, sorry to hear Phil is not doing so well. Hope you manage to have a frank conversation with the Drs tomorrow and get some answers. Jane you have been very busy in the garden - love blackcurrants in anything and everything.
Lots of domestic activity over here - tidying up the house in readinss for a houseful of youngsters for my sons 21st birthday at the beginning of August. The weather has been much cooler over the weekend so easier to work. BBQ just warming in readiness for our evening meal - then will watch the final stage of the Tour de France.
Drank some white wine on Friday night, couple of glasses, and have had frightful hot flushes since - anyone else had a similar reaction to wine/alcohol or am I just making a convenient link?
Take care, Helen

katieb

Hi Jane1 & Janice
Janice I really feel for you - you must be so stressed & frustrated. I hope you get some answers from the consultant & the counselling helps - here's both hands & a hug x

Jane1 you have been busy - I love blackcurrant jam. My mam used to make loads of pies with berries from the garden.
We've got very fi e rain at the moment but supposed to be sunny this afternoon.
Have a nice day all xxxx

jmr

Busy BEE Jane.I haven't had time for the garden but I am heading there shortly to water plants.Luckily I only have a small garden.Phil not doing too well but hopefully things might start getting better soon.I intend seeing consultant tomorrow and want answers as he had to have one of the stents to his kidneys put back into place and Phil says he thinks they had done something when they were changing his dressings and bag last Saturday so I will ask but no doubt won't get the answers I need.If he hadn't had X-ray on Wed I dread to think when it would have been noticed. I have been pretty stressed out but got counselling app on Wed and hope that will help.Enjoy your jam making I haven't done that for years
To all you lovely ladies flutter gently I have read posts but been to busy up to now to reply to them all take care. Love and hugs Janice xxxxx
p.s to those who asked I live in Newbiggin buy the sea Northumberland and the sun has disappeared today so COOLER

GIJaneH

Hi Flutterbies - all very quiet, which I hope is GOOD news.... and your wings have not withered in the heat...

Janice - how's Phil doing?
Doz - How's your shoulder etc etc doing?
hellooo to everyone!

Flutered around the garden yesterday - picked 4k of black and white currants (and de-stalked them), weeded a bed, cut back some very overgrown shrubs in one corner (we have lots of them, corners and shrubs!!), responded to a call-out and felt very satisfied with self... watched a prom in the evening... Making jam today...

Have a great day everyone
lots of love
Jane xx

HJU63

Hi Jane, I will be studying part-time and so making the occasional visit to Uni. I am hoping to hear next week that I have passed the initial entry assessment, fingers crossed. I will be researching something in the areas of work-based learning and employability as this is what my job involves and my research will be linked to my day job. Funnily, I do know a little about fluid dynamics as my son has done some work in this area in his degree. Looks like today is due to be another scorcher - take care if painting the kitchen, drink plenty.
Janice, hope you and Phil hav a good day and any procedures go well.
Hope everyone else is managing in this hot weather - I hear there are warnings out for extreme heat in the South anf the Midlands so seems like a good excuse to sit in the shade with a long drink and my kindle! Take care, Helen

Elsa

Oh to be beside the seaside in weather like this. I live in mid wales so nowhere near the sea I'm afraid.
Janice- thinking of you and Phil today - hope it goes well and that today marks the start of his recovery proper.
Helen - when you do your PhD will that mean living away from home or is it something you can do from home with visits to uni? What will you be researching? My daughter's boyfriend is just coming to the end of his PhD and is writing up his thesis in fluid dynamics (don't ask!!) so he's very preoccupied with that at the moment but bless him he's trying to finish early so that he and Em can have a bit of a summer together before she moves to Glasgow to do her masters. He'll be staying in St Andrews so this will be the first time they'll have lived apart.
The heat very nearly did for me yesterday evening, I felt quite strange so just drank loads then went to bed....feel better this morning. Tempertures here reached 33 degrees so swelteringly hot.
Doz- I hope you're taking life more easily in this heat....feet up, cup of tea, good book
Having just advised that I will be painting the kitchen today!!
Flutter gently all
Jane x

HJU63

A walk along the promenade sounds lovely - where abouts are you Janice? I live in the Midlands and am a long way from any sea/beach. My OH is working away from home at he moment and tonight he has also gone to the seaside - I'm a bit envious.
Helen

jmr

Phil showing slight improvement but apparently the stent to his left kidney has moved so he has to go to have procedure to have it put back in place so hopefully tomorrow morning I spoke to the charge nurse and he said Phil is having a rough time but hopefully may still get out next week.Consultant has been in twice today and explained everything and he has told Phil that hopefully once weekend gets over he will improve quicker I hope so as he is desperate to get home.He is in a cubicle on his own and appreciates it as it is a bit cooler and quieter.
Wow Helen good for you go girl go.
Just back from visiting also having a cuppa then going for a walk along promenade as its a beautiful night love and hugs to all and thanks for the spoons Doz I need them Janice xxx

HJU63

Evening.
Janice sorry to hear the news about Phil needing a tube again - I hope that the problem can be sorted soon. Doz, I am in awe of you, I just don't know how you manage to work nights, and then to be so busy the rest of the time. Jane, good to hear you have some nice new bras that fit - I only had a wle and so still using normal bras but fit not good even with my partial prosthesis. I am hoping to start a doctorate with Westminster Uni in September - I was 15 months into a PhD when diagnosed so stopped that and have now decided to do a more practice based doctorate, I think it will suit me better. Been swimming today, I can easily swim for 30 minutes but not actually getting any faster and can't quite work out why. I am finding the Tamoxifen makes me soooooo stiff in the joints. The temperature here is cooling to a much more comfortable level now and there is a gently breeze - 2 loads of washing dried and all the windows open, feels good. Tomorrow I will return to my craft group which I have missed for about 5 weeks - not sure what to craft but the company is good. Take care All, Helen

jmr

Hi all thanks for all your kind thoughts and good wishes I am sure that things must now only get better I sincerely hope so love and massive hug for each of you Janice xx

Doz1949

Aw Janice my heart goes out to you both... If you think the meds will see you through such a tough time then n take them... But if a glass of wine does the job then I,d give it second thoughts... Either way hon you both need sorting out preferably with a lot of support xxxx
Jane I don't quite know what to say 🙂 firstly I can't give in too the aches and pains but I have really slowed down...and second I wanted to do it 🙂 maybe to prove to myself I can and he only has 2 weeks home, after spending 4 months in the desert in 50' heat I just want him to be able to come home and chill 🙂 my time will come I,m sure xx
Just finished my night shift and sat waiting to go to Dr,s for yearly blood letting!! Eeeek! Will also mention this blinking shoulder again..I know!! I should be resting it but its worse if I do
nice to see a few more posts and quite positive ones too 🙂 flutter gently girlies and a big hug to Janice xxxxxxxHugxxxxxx
Elsa

Hi Flutterbys
Janice-poor Phil. Good for you for speaking to the consultant; let's hope things improve from now on in. Big hug to you both and a hand to hold xx
Helen - You sound much more positive about things and in your mind you have a plan; which is always good. You talk about your next qualification, what would that be if you don't mind me asking? Your party sounds fun....my sister used to work at the BBC in London in the late 70's and early 80's; she and I got tickets through her job to go and watch TOTP being recorded on numerous occasions and we had a great time. We saw Ian Dury, Racey (remember them?), Status Quo....what fun.
Yesterday I had an appointment with a nurse who does bra fittings free of charge for us mx ladies; she was lovely. There are no shops near me selling mx bras except for m&s which has a limited range and I've tried one or two of theirs but they never fit properly and so are stuck at the bottom of my drawer. It was a treat to be able to try a selection of different ones to see which ones fitted and looked best on me; you can't do this when you buy online. Anyway, I bought 2 bras from Julie and to make it even better she gave me the details of a local charity that will refund your first purchase so I got them for free. How good is that?
Day off today so painting the kitchen ceiling, hopefully it will be the last coat then I'll move on to the walls. Starting early before it hots up!
Flutter gently everyone
Jane xx

jmr

Phil has had to have tube back down as vomiting Consultant was under impression it had been accidentally pulled out until Phil put him right I made my point about poor communication to him and to charge.Son made me app at doctors so have been prescribed Mirtazapine not sure about it but maybe will help. Just come back from meal out then sat on promenade looking out to sea with a PINT of lager on a beautiful night with my lovely daughter so maybe better to leave it to tomorrow to start taking it as having wine now love to you all Janice xxx

HJU63

Hi All, isn't this weather incredible? Best wishes to Janice and Phil. Congratulations to Jane on passing the qualification. Hi to everyone else - I have read through all the posts I have missed during the last few busy weeks - how did the weeks fly by so quickly? Seem to have turned a corner recently, stamina at work seems better and I seem to cope better with tiredness when it happens - maybe I have just stopped fighting it. Made some decisions about work - will stay where I am for 3 years in order to do my next qualification and then will review the situation. Making the decision has made me feel much more settled. I think it is so easy to put a lot of pressure on ourselves about what we do post cancer when really we just need to give it time - easier said than done in my case.Maybe I will finally learn some patience. Watching Top of the Pops from 1978 - my goodness I had forgotton about the New Seekers! I am planning a 50+ party next February as I didn't feel I could boogey all night in Feb 2013 when I turned 50- going to choose all the music myself from 1975-85 and ask people to dress up - I have some great ideas for bright blue lycra and my OH is planning on going as Adam Ant.
Best wishes to all, Helen

katieb

Just picturing those geese made me smile Jane1
Stella x

katieb

Morning all
Janice, I think you should definitely have a chat with ward manager so you can get it all off your chest. Phil will be glad to get home to your loving care. Big hug to both of you.
Well done Jane 2 -gold star for you. I couldn't have done anyhting like that - I'd be too concerned I wouldn't remember anything at the exams with my memory.
That will be a nice surprise for your sister Doz and give her a lift and nice for you too. Is there no end to your skills - all this decorating, sending video's - hope Dan takes you for a slap up meal when he gets home!
Had to move beds last night to get some sleep. We're quite near a busy road and traffic noise really bothers me and have to have windows open -OH drops off to sleep within a minute - how do they do it?
Have a lovely day
Stella xxx

GIJaneH

EEk! Janice - ward manager for you, and failing that, Matron...... Poor Phil... and poor you... you must feel so helpless, and so frustrated when you know what SHOULD be done, and could do it yourself...

Doz - um... call me hard, but, why can't Dan paint his own place? or put his own table up? I know he's not here for long, but..... you are precious and fragile.... and big hearted!!! My lyn wouldn't let me do any of that, so I've got an excuse, but whilst I can cook, make jam & preserves etc, diy is NOT my thing, and I'd be looking for an excuse anyway!

Had the fan on last night, just a sheet for covering, avoided the alcohol, and slept better.... Thankfully.... like the thought of the "cold water bottle" might give that a go one night!

Flutter gently, off to work, which is hot.... however, as you said Jane, we've been waiting long enough for it... it was just better when I was sitting by a river and a weir watching geese come down the weir like an Alton Towers ride!

Elsa

Hi Flutterbys
Janice - Could you have a chat with the ward manager like Doz says. First of all they gave Phil toast first day post op when he shouldn't have had anything and now this business with dislodging his stent. Poor Phil and you and your family; big hug to all of you x
I know I shouldn't moan about this hot weather but.....it's too hot for me! I love the early mornings but after that the heat is too much. Now; if I had a swimming pool it would be a different story

Doz1949

Hi Flutterbys
yes all,s ok apart from I,m absolutely melting in this heat... But I,m not going to complain we,ve waited long enough for it!!
worked late shifts over the weekend OMG it was sooo hot sooo uncomfortable and oh so busy 😞 Monday and today I,ve been at Daniels doing the decorating and yes melting... Papered 2 rooms and cleaned and polished the wooden floors... I actually managed it on my hands and knees but getting up was a big problem sob! I,m so stiff and aching all over.. And I really don't like it 😞
i will be having words when he gets home.. Flat pack dining table and chairs are a blessed nightmare, solid oak so weighed a ton, but bless he wants to see what it all looks like so that's been my last 2 days... Did a few video,s on my ipad and just learned how to send them ha ha, you can teach an old dog new tricks!! Now waiting for his response... I hope he likes it!!
Jane well done on your achievements 🙂 and so sorry to hear about your worries with your sister I hope all turns out well.... X
Janice you poor love is nothing ever simple and poor Phil... You really need to go and talk with the staff or at least the ward manager to voice your concerns bless you what a time your having I do hope it gets sorted without putting poor Phil through anymore surgery and you anymore stress.. Your both in my thoughts 😞 xx
Jane these flushes really are no joke in this weather... I woke up at 3 this morning stark naked and no covers on sweating like a good un.... Goodness knows if I ever got burgled!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! I don't even remember shedding my pj,s?? Mind you I didn't get back from Daniels till 10.30 crawled to bed absolutely shattered!
Start my nights tomorrow night 😞 3 on the trot 2 days off then 4 nights again.......... Sigh!
my Sister (who is battling cancer) is 65 next week and my sister who lives in Norfolk is coming through with her family, we are going to take her out as she,s had a pretty rotten few weeks, she is struggling with all the chemo and R/T side effects quite badly so fingers crossed she,s up to the surprise..... The sister who lives in Norfolk is a G grade Nurse who has recently taken on managerial duties in the bed management side of things, so she,s been lucky to get a few days off and I know it,ll be a lovely surprise so yes fingers well and truly crossed!
Can you believe Vikki still has,nt got her new tablet??? We're now 13 weeks on after being prescribed... Going to be kicking some A**e soon 😞 all it needed was a Consultants signature?
Well it's time for me to crawl into my pit.... crawl being the operative!!
I hope everyone is well and enjoying the weather.... As much as possible? I heard a good tip on the radio today fill a hot water bottle with cold water and when you get really hot lie on the area the "cold water bottle " has been.... Just might try it tonight 🙂
Flutter gently butterflies and don't singe those wings xxxxxxxhugsxxxxx
jmr

Hi both Janes Jane 1 I agree about hot flushes my son and I sat in the garden till 10.30pm but its a bit cool tonight.Phil was doing ok but not good today and to be quite honest it's a good job I wasn't visiting today as my son gave me a break as I probably would have raised the roof surgeon was furious as the staff had dislodged one of his stents when they had done his dressings so now he will have to hopefully get it sorted under local or if not he may have to go back to theatre I am stressed to hell and son insists I go to go and see what help I can get bit of a joke as they don't even know what Phil has been through I don't think they have read any of the letters as they have never phoned to see how he was coping.Never mind I will get there.
Jane 2 well done on your achievement you must be so proud of yourself.I feel for you worrying about your sister its hard when family are so far away.I know my son in Oz is so worried about his dad and he also worries about me.Big hug for you
All you other flutterby e hope you are enjoying the fine weather apart from our poor Doz who is decorating spoons on the way for her.Flutter gently everyone and hope outs quiet because you are all out in the garden love and hug Janice xx

GIJaneH

Oh Jane, how very worrying - it's the helplessness and the not-knowing... can her husband keep you up to date?
Well done for finishing the course Mrs - in more ways than one! Hope the conversation goes well....

Janice - how's Phil doing?

I'm doing well, but melting in the heat a bit....lots of meetings in the evening this week too... last night I invited people to sit in the garden, and, apart from the trains hurtling past, it was much more pleasant than indoors...

sleeping's not easy though! Hot flushes in this heat are no joke, are they?

Take care all,
love Jane

Elsa

All's quiet here...is everyone ok?
My work seems to be going from bad to worse with the final psychiatrist handing her notice in...we are now down to 2 locums!! Not good is it? There is no sense of being in a team anymore. I have decided to be proactive and have set up a meeting with the manager of another CAMHS as I've been told they need an ADHD nurse. Well, to my surprise he emailed me back almost within the hour and wants to meet next week...oo er!! I'm sure it won't be with a job offer or anything like that; I think it's just to discuss how the role would fit in with what they've already got, but you never know.
My prescribing course finished last week....hurrah!! I passed my final exam and am just waiting on the result of my portfolio; thought it would come today but it hasn't so maybe tomorrow. I am not an academic and feel as though I've dragged myself through this course although I enjoyed my actual days at uni meeting everyone, it was fun AND I feel I've developed as a practitioner but....NEVER AGAIN NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!
I'm very worried about my sister in Australia. She has these times when she gets very low and she emailed me last week to say she wanted to be left alone and that she wouldn't be in touch for a while. Well she's never said that to me before in her life and I am concerned. She has her husband with her of course but I know her daughter by her first marriage has learning difficulties and this hasn't been easy for my sister. All I could do was email her to let her know that I care and for her to email me when she's ready but she won't go to her doctor and doesn't believe in counselling and 'all that stuff'. I feel useless and helpless to help because she is so far away
Hope everyone's ok and enjoying this beautiful weather
Jane xx

Doz1949

Enjoy sweetie.. So glad he,s on the mend 🙂 as you say onwards and upwards
loads of love to you both xxxhugxxx
jmr

Seen Phil and he is obviously sore and sleepy from all the morphine and long op but he didn't look ill bless him.Ward staff were reprimanded for yesterday and I saw his consultant and he had asked them to ring me at 5pm as he told them that Phil wouldn't be back till this morning.Some staff seem a bit uncaring but he has a lovely nurse looking after him today and he is sitting up out of bed they got him up after I left so onwards and upwards.Oops they also got into trouble as they gave him toast this morning and shouldn't have.Bet they watch their ps & qs as now as consultant wasn't happy luckily no ill effects from it at the moment but if he ends up with any problems I will definitely say something.Friend coming for a few hours so sitting in P.Js and bring on the vino love to you all Janice xxxx

Doz1949

Oh bless you Janice what a rotten day for you... Climbing the walls comes to mind!
i hope today is much better for you flutter gently missy xxxxhugxxxx
Elsa

Janice- what a worry for you but really pleased to hear that Phil is safe and well and starting his recovery....bless him for calling you this morning

It is already scorching hot so the plan is for an easy day; having coffee with a friend this morning then actually it isn't such an easy day come to think of it; I'm decortaing the kitchen, oh no!!!!

Jane x

katieb

Hi Janice - Can imagine how you felt last night ringing the ward but glad to hear you've spoke to Phil now. I'm sure you feel much better for that call. Big Hug xx
Em - hope you're feeling a bit better and getting things sorted. My mum had both of those conditions and managed it with medication - I can hear you saying 'what more tablets!'. I've got thrush in my mouth from all the antibiotics I'm taking - its quite sore. Also tripped on pavement the other day and went straight down - lovely purple bruises on arm and leg.
Work have just brought new computer system in this week - so getting to grips with that, not too bad.
Have a lovely weekend ladies, looks like its going to be a scorcher! (Plenty of SPF 50)
Stella xxx

jmr

Thanks Jane. Bless my hubby as soon as he got back to the ward this morning he rang me just a short call but just to let me know he was back there.Will update tonight as will be visiting this afternoon love and hugs Janice

GIJaneH

Oh Janice! you must have been beside yourself! Have a stiff drink and a huge hug !

Let,us know how he is tomorrow...

xxxx

jmr

What a horrible day eventually managed to find out how Phil was doing at 8.30 I rang ward at 6 then again at 7 told to ring back at 8 and by this time was really worried so was really annoyed so nurse said she would ring recovery to see what was happening.Nurse from recovery then rang me and said ward should have put me through there she was really nice and let me speak to Phil so I am a bit calmer now but knowing he went to theatre at 8.30 this morning you can imagine how worried I was .A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing so they say and it's true.he is staying there overnight so they can keep a close eye on him as I think he had bled a lot boy what Phil was sayour.Thanks for your support flutterby a will let you know how he is doing when I see him tomorrow love and big hugs Janice xxxxx

Doz1949

Thoughts are with you today Janice xxxhugxxx
amd66

blimey cant believe i missed 29 post, janice good luck for phil, i think the op is on my birthday,
yes, emmy what a bummer,will read your post properly and hope things get sorted,
Robbie wasgood, he does a great show. as ive seen him before it wasnt quite as exciting, but i loved olly murs, great dancer even if you have to watch him onhuge screen,
work finished, kids getting restless and tired, nearly the end of term, bit anxious on time off, but hope to arrange to see people and get to the gym each day. teachers also stressy.
saw gp for joint pain on tamoxifen, am trhing starflower oil. and now horrible spots too. got antiobiotic gel to put on.
not very much to add, but will be back
and sending hugs to you all xxx
Doz1949

Hi Em.. Bless you this BC lark and growing old is no joke sweetie... I think we are all moving on but carrying our scars 😞 I hope they sort you out soon we miss your posts, is,nt it horrible when we put everything down to C our poor heads must be full of it 😞 take care Em you,ve had your fair share now sending a gremlin to ward anything else off xxxhugxxxspoonsxxxx
Janice my thoughts are with you both for the next few days.. Keep your chin up hon all the previous messages seem quite positive so just sending a hand and a massive hug to see you through xxxxHUGxxx
Still busy times here I don't seem to get much me time lately but the sooner the house is done that,ll be me with my feet up for a month 🙂
i hope your all keeping as well as possible flutter gently Butterflies xxxxxhugsxxxxx
Elsa

Hi Em- as if you haven't been through enough. Can the doctors be certain that your symptoms aren't due to side effects from meds? Sending you a hand to hold flutterby x
Janice and Phil...all my thoughts are with you for tomorrow x
Jane x

GIJaneH

Oh Em.....that's such a rough call, as if you haven't been through enough...BIG HUG Flutterby..

pop in whenever you feel in need of spoons or a hug... We miss you.... But do what's best for YOU..

lots of love
Jane xxx

emmy

Hi flutterbys, just a quick one as I wanted to let Janice know the hand is there to hold her up for the coming few days xxxx
I am just in the process of sorting some things out as I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia along with osteo arthritis which has knocked me for a loop! I honestly kept thinking it was s/e from treatment so sort of put up with the 'tired' thinking why is everyone else moving along whilst I appear to be stuck? I now have my answer and am trying to get my head around it. Still have some more tests to go but had official diagnoses and now waiting to see if I have an ulcer 😞 not at my best just now so will post further when I know what it all means for me long term.
Have had a quick read through so many posts to get through and my concentration levels aren't great so will say hi and hope everyone is enjoying this weather! Spoons,love and group hug Em xxxxxx

jmr

My daughter is in Majorca with family and they watched in the sports bar she said it erupted when he won sooo proud to be British.
Got text from people we met at chemo he had his op week pst Wednesday and has been home for weekend and goes for clips out tomorrow and hopefully discharged .He is coping well so that has cheered Phil up so a good day all round love and hugs Janice xx

Doz1949

Just off to work after not much sleep a brilliant tennis match 🙂 History in the making 🙂
Welcome Pheonix Woman 🙂 lovely to read your post, very positive for us all, not much tea left in my bag so maybe its onwards and upwards 🙂 bless you
xxxxxhugxxxx
Elsa

Yeeeeesss....what a star. Well done Murray

Doz1949

Murray you absolute star yeeeeeeeeeees! 🙂 xx