376349posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Phoenix_Woman

Re: Where did I go????

Hi there my beautiful butterflies. Breathe in and breathe out and connect to the sweet and gentle breeze underneath your wings. Imagine that you are flying free and light and take time out for you to float and know that you are precious.
No I'm not on the happy pills. Actually yes I am but 15 years on I can look back and thank God and say I got through it.You will too. There is no one prescription that suits all. The beauty of this particular forum is the wonderful women on it who give support and encouragement.We are powerful beings and only women do this in such a loving and caring way.
One thing that helped me and still does is writing a journal and a grattitude diary. First thing in the day sets me up nicely to write. You see feelings are neither right nor wrong they just are. I can write anything its my message to me to be in touch with my feelings and my needs and then I can look at my choices and make them or choose not to. We have the power! It's like cooking on gas!
I am trying to lose some weight because I want to be in the best health I can be. I was reminded that the our cells have a memory yesterday. If you want change you have to do something different or our body thinks hey up its that same old thing again whether its food , or exercise or attitude. We have to sneak up on ourselves and do something different. What would you like to do to make your day? Therapeutic massage and the healing touch of aromatherapy sustained me on a weekly basis in the early days. If you want to be healthier then you have to put yourself first. Pills come in all forms. Rx -4 times daily 'I love myself.
Sorry this was not the post I intended. I lost my post the other day

benedictus

I haven't posted here before but have been following for a few weeks because I empathise with so much of what everyone is going through. Hope you don't think I'm sticking my nose in Janice, but Pilates was an absolute godsend for me. I was very fit before my first dx in 2008 and I reckon it took me about 3 years to get back to anything I could describe as normality. The Pilates was a real help in this - really good exercise but measured and gentle at the same time. Also re: citalopram. A friend of mine took it through her bc journey - no side effects and no difficulties in coming off it when she felt the time was right. I've got my prescription but haven't cashed it in yet, but will have no hesitation if I feel the need.
Please give my love to the Northumbrian coast. One of my most favourite places in the whole world!
Tamsin x

jmr

Welcome Mandy you will get help and support here from all the wonderful flutterbys on this site they have been my rocks so lucky you found us my counsellor says yes it's normal to feel that way but also reminds me I am an individual you will have many ups and downs but we will help all we can.
To everyone else Phil much better today just hope they kick him out for the weekend and I can give him proper meals ha ha live anod hugs Janice xxx

mandyp

Hi All

Think I'm gonna join this thread if that's alright with you!
I think I'm about ready. Finished Chemo in March and Rads in May and hoping to get my reconstruction done before Christmas.
Although I am struggling both physically and emotionally to restore some normality. I have a lot of pain in my back, which i think is either stress or post surgery whatever and no matter how many visits i make to the counsellor I'm a bit fed up of being told that "it's probably normal to feel that way"!!!!! I'm seeing my onc tonight as feeling so weak and lackign in energy and enthusiasm. Could cry at any moment and think that my throat is a bit lumpy.....totally paranoid......
So if you're happy to take me on board.....that would be great!

Mandy x
jmr

Oops meant big hug but you can have a bug one as well ha ha

jmr

Great news Jane and glad they took on board what you had to say.Yes it's going to be a long journey for us both but by the next time you come North to Budle bay we will be fine bug hug Janice xxxx

Doz1949

Brilliant news Jane 🙂 it's about time some good news was broadcast xxhugxx
GIJaneH

Test results all normal - YAY! I had a good chat with the consultant lady about how much longer it had taken me to get my mojo back, and she said how much they (the medics) underestimate the emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment, much as they try to look at the whole person.... interesting I thought. They've now empoyed a consultant clnical psychologist to help - who I happen to think is dangerous, so I told her my encounter and she was horrified! the intentions were good - need the right people though. She was going to feed my comments back to senior man, and took me very seriously.

Janice - it's hard to realise you can't make everyone/everything better... common problem for healthcare professionals, I observe!!!! Hope Phil improves - it's not surprising he's wishing he hadn't had it done right now - he's wishing he was back to how he was, and there's a long road ahead for him...(and you!) Keep going with the counselling and the pilates!

keep on keeping on....

love Jane x

jmr

Thanks Zuleika will start tomorrow and try it as you say I can always stop if it doesn't suit me Janice xxx

Zuleika

Jmr, a couple of my friends are on citalopram, with no side effects. It's very good for anxiety and its probably worth a try, if side effects occur, you can always stop. Overall, I think this drug helps a lot of people..

wishesZwishesZ
jmr

Thanks girls hope you all find yourselves but it will be the new you my G.P has suggested mindfulness and I am thinking about it but counsellor thinks that I need to come to terms with a lot of things that have happened over the past years and maybe he's right as I have had more than my fair share of cancer as lost my dad brother and sister to it and because I was too busy looking after family and working I may not have come to terms with all that so hopefully he may help me get sorted wasn't sure about him at first but I think he has me sussed already.I am going to the gym tomorrow and may enrol for Pilates as exercise does help good luck to all you ladies who are finding it hard but I am sure we will make it through love and hugs Janice xxxxx
I also need to realise that I can't always make things better and that doesn't help xxx

HJU63

Looks like we were posting at the same time Anne.

amd66

i missed a few of the posts above.may try the bcn but like Janice its the same for me. gp didnt say anything about side effects from tamoxifen, janice i havent had any side effects from citalopram and have taken it for a few months over the last few years.- which is a bit daft considering what im saying re the anxiety. but i dont think it is the drugs.
Janice, so sorry about Phil, but he is getting all the help he needs,. but you must be tired, bless you xxx
good luck and big hugs to you, citalopram may take acouple of weeks but it is good.
Anne xxx
HJU63

Hi Anne, good to see your post. I am glad to hear that you have had a better day. Hopefully over the summer break you can continue to do all the good things such as gym and pilates and support your body and mind in its recovery.
I finished treatment at the end of January and it is only in the last couple of weeks that I have felt like my old self - I still feel very tired and I don't think and feel like I used to but inside of myself I have a sense of the Me-ness returning. I am telling you this to say that I feel certain it will happen for you too, it is still early days for you and you have physically and mentally been through an enormous upheavel - we all have. You may never feel exactly as you did but I am sure that like me one day you will feel like yourself - a new you.
Be kind to yourself and keep in touch, we do understand what it is like and are here for you. Regards, Helen

amd66

lozza and helen, thanks so much for your great messages. today has been better, i went off to the gym and did pilates class, cant normally do them cos of working in a school.
it is just the mornings, and something that has come and gone, but worse since treatment finished, so glad you get just what i mean.
did have counselling via a cancer but have got to the end of what we can discuss, i have some strategies, i felt i was repeating myself and not learning anything new.
yep we are not the people we were before and our families find that hard.
i am on anti depressants and am trying vit b for stress and some flower remedies.
i hold onto the fact that it doesnt last long.
lozzy whats that oppuctor- thingy??
all your words are the best support, cos we are the ones who get it,just day by day
xxx
HJU63

Hi Janice,
good to hear you have had a good day and that Phil is improving - fingers crossed he will be released home tomorrow or Friday.
Anne - how are you doing?
Helen

jmr

Thanks Stella will try it but if after a few days I have S.Es I will get back to her as I have a feeling it will maybe interact with my other medication.xx
Just back from visiting Hil and he is feeling better and hopefully home tomorrow night or Friday.Counselling went well today so hopefully will get to sort myself out again love to you all I have read your posts and appreciate all your kind thoughts I sometimes think you help more than any pills can thank you big hug to all Janice xxxxx

katieb

Hi Janice - I asked my dr for this a/d but she said there were a few concerns about it affecting the heart so gave me sertraline instead which was very good but got to the point where I couldn't sleep with it and changed to amitripylene. I think side effects always sound horrendous but you may not get any at all. I was taking 50mg of amitripylene but reduced to 25mg and actually feel better for having reduced it. Hope this helps and not hinders.

Stella xx

jmr

Has anyone taken Citalopram GP has prescribed but side effects sound horrific so I am scared to start taking them.Maybe Burying my head in the sand for an hour a day might be more beneficial ha ha.xxxxxxx

katieb

Janice - sorry to hear that Phil back in hospital, hope he picks up quickly with the intravenous A/bs. Hope the counselling session goes well for you today. Big hugs to you both.
Anne & Lozza, as Doz & Jane1 both say it does take time - I'm 18mths post treatment and now been on letrozole since then and still have a few 'down' days. Like Jane I don't think my side effects are too bad, I still hobble out of bed in the morning but soon goes off and then at night sitting relaxing - when I get up hobbling again! But I think I can put up with that for next 31/2 yrs - I know other people have a lot worse.
It doesn't help when your employer tells you they're relocating to Derby and I don't drive so got to look for another job. Think age (56) will be against me as well as the fact that there aren't many jobs about! Only good thing is it will take my min off BC!Hehe x
Have a good day ladies
Stella xxx

GIJaneH

Phew! Big hug Janice! So hard to watch someone you love going through the mill...

Anne and Lozza, as Doz said, do talk to someone about side effects of these old drugs. I'm not sure if you really want to know how long it took me to get my mojo back (longer than I wanted or expected, suffice to say), but the good news is that I HAVE now finally got it back, but I have fairly mild side effects from the Letrazole... I notice them, but nothing like some people have to cope with, so that must help.... don't suffer in silence ladies...

Gentleness rules.... flutterby wings are fragile....

take care of yourselves

love to all, especially those who are finding life hard,

Jane xx

Doz1949

Aw Janice I,m so sorry to hear that and really feel for you... Easy to say he,s in the right place but not easy for you sweetie... Love and thoughts are with you both.. Time to flutter gently Butterfly and try to rest 😞 xxxxhugxxx
Doz1949

Anne we,re all on this long journey to recovery and it does take so much longer than people expect bless you the 2 previous posts from Helen and Lozza say it all... Tho I can maybe add more about meds?? I have anxious times especially before some of my mega flush,s I mentioned it to BCN a while back and they just put it down to my reaction to Letrozole.. I,m not sure what your on if anything but hormone inhibitors can cause some rotten side effects and we are all different in the way we react to them so try talking to your Oncologist or the McMillan nurses ther are an absolute godsend honey and they can point you in the right direction if they think you would benefit, my McMillan nurse said we don't give you these meds to make your life miserable so tell us if your not coping... I,ve managed 2+ yrs so I think I can cope for the remainder as long as I remember they are side effects and they won't last forever... As for feeling better its easy to forget the body mends faster than the mind, when we expect to be feeling better the gremlins upstairs (head) often get the better of us when were feeling low... And April is,nt that long back in the greater scheme of this blessed diagnosis 😞 just try to be kind to yourself and remember your still in recovery as we all are no matter how much time has gone by.... Big hugs and love flutter gently young lady xxxxxhugxxxxx
jmr

Short post Phil back in hospital with serious Urine infection GP tried antibiotics but still very shivery and temp high so now on intravenous antibiotics and hopefully will recover soon He is also anaemic so they may decide to give him some blood but haven't decided yet I am feeling really down and guess counsellor is in for a tough time tomorrow love to you all Janice xxxxx
p.s just got back from hospital got there at 7pm so trying to unwind before bed

Lozzarooney1

Hi Anne

just wanted to say that I feel for you. I still have days when I feel quite anxious - even at work. I'm so different if from the person I used to be. My manager at work says I've lost my mojo ... I'm hoping it'll return some day soon. I finished my treatment on Good Friday (how apt!) apart from Tamoxifen and venlafaxine which is supposed to help with the hot flushes and hasn't really. I'm seeing oncologist next month and have to decide whether to go for an oophorectomy so I can see if I fair better on Arimidex. They all have their side effects tho sadly. I would like to not have the nausea and excess saliva in my mouth. I'm leaning towards having it done ... was just gonna ride it out but after 4 months the thought of nearly 5 years doesn't exactly thrill me. sorry I'm moaning now and didn't intend to ... I try to explain it to OH but I think he just switches off now ... not that I blame him ... as I'm rather bored with it myself lol! So we'll just continue with 'sheet on, sheet off' at bedtime .... and sneak theq fan on when he's asleep! He moans cos he gets cold ... Well I've offered him some of my pills to warm him up but he declines! Just no helping some people lol!
Anyway I've drifted off .... what I wanted to say Anne was 'hang on in there' you're doing great ... celebrate the things you are able to do (no matter how small) and believe in yourself. It takes time and yes I think it's still early days.
I know my OH 'just wants my wife back' (his words) ... but I'm not that person any more ... I'm still re-discovering myself. We've all been through such a lot ... so don't be hard on yourself.
Glad you had a lovely weekend Doz and thanks for the welcome everyone - warmed my heart like you wouldn't believe.
Bless you lovely ladies
Sending warm fuzzy hugs to you all
Sleep well
Lozza xxx 🙂
HJU63

Hi Anne,
sorry to hear you are feeling all churned up. Does the anxiety only happen in the morning? Could it be linked to any medication you are taking or do you feel it is anxiety about the day ahead?
I have had 8 counselling sessions so far to help me find the new me and the new normal. It was not just the sessions that helped but the thinking between sessions that it prompted. I think that I always felt that recovery was a linear process where you got a little bit better every day - but after cancer it's not like that. Everyone else thinks that once the treatment is over you should feel happy, relieved and just be able to get on with life - not my exprience, it was much harder and more complex than that.
Can you talk to your GP or maybe BCN about how you are feeling - I feel sure that there must be some support that you can be offered to help you deal with all this. I wish there was something more I could do to help and support you - let me know if I can
Helen

amd66

hello everyone, good to hear Phil ishome, Janice, how are things today?
great to read new posts from libran woman and phoenix.
have to say im struggling again with morning anxiety and wanted some advice, have tried the rescue remedy, eft, but maybe not for long enough. its that churning feeling, and hot flushes, i went out with couple of friends last night, had nice company and was tired. feel really stupid that i can be normal, laughing a bit quiet maybe and then back to this horrible state when i lie in. did get up and go off to gym made myself stay there and did 10 mins swim as well.
have added some relaxation apps to my daughters tablet, which is great for later on in day but what do i do in the mornings,
and hello lozzy,
doz glad to read your posts, sad to think about your sister, but you are being so amazing for her, dont think too far ahead.
big love to everyone, i know that i should have been posting more, you guys understand. my oh today said its not doing me any good saying i feel churned up, that i do nned to accept it and not dwell, not quite buck up but in a really nice way, thats what he means. i dont feel i can say its early days, when this finished in april. feel silly explaining to others that im not great, is it better to protect some people and just say youre fine
love anne xxx
Doz1949

Hi Butterflies
I had a fantastic weekend 🙂 family came through from Norfolk to celebrate my sisters birthday.. Was,nt sure she,d be up to it as she,s had a rotten few days, but she did and she thoroughly enjoyed the surprise and meal out 🙂 Yaaaay!
Had the blood letting session this morning.. No.one told me you don't have to fast anymore for Diabetis check so by the time I got there 10.30 I was gagging for a drink and some Brekkie, I,d been up since 7 so when she said you don't have to fast I could have wept... Came home and had 2 consecutive cups of coffee and a bagel 🙂 won't know the result for at least a week so I,m not going to fret over it....... Can't change the results so no point in getting stressed out.. How cool am I ha ha!!
Also had physio app, OMG I didn't realise they could massage UNDER the shoulder blade? But they can OUCH! Tho he did say he could,nt get very far due to very tense muscles.. He was brilliant he did a full assessment and after a million questions he started checking my ribs starting with the one that still hurts from R/T he followed it round to my back and lo and behold that's where I,m getting the pain... Right under my shoulder blade! The muscles are very tense and he said its due to over compensating from the way I,ve been holding my shoulder since my op... Hallelujah finally it makes sense 🙂 he has given me some breathing and stretching exercises to do and wants to see me again next week, but said not to do them for a couple of days as after the massage I will be very sore.... Understatement I am already feeling like I,ve been kicked by a horse.. But if it works I can put up with it 🙂 and since the massage the pins and needles in my hand are almost gone 🙂 relief!!
Glad you had some good quality time with the family Helen it is precious is,nt it 🙂 xx
Jane I hope you had a good rest and enjoyed some me time... We all still need it now and then xx
Janice I hope things are on the up with Phil and the 2 of you are staying well and rested xx
To all our flutterbys new and old I hope you are all well and enjoying the summer midst the thunderstorms and well needed showers.. We,ve had some corkers and finally today it's calm fresh and much more comfortable 🙂 love and hugs to everyone flutter gently... Which reminds me I think I had a visit from an old friend today xx a Butterfly landed on my arm while I was sat reading in the garden.. A lovely moment xxxxxhugsxxxx
HJU63

Hi All,
been away for the weekend to see my son in Bristol. Had a great time in Cheddar Gorge - really enjoyed the caves. Long time since we spent any time just as a family of 4, it was really lovely and I feel lucky to have them (OH and 2 sons).
Feel like over the last 2 weeks or so life has got back to something quite normal. Enjoying work but still finding it tiring if I do 2 consecutive full days - but I've stopped fighting the fatigue and just fall asleep when I get home if I need to. Night sweats are still rubbish but what can you do? Notice that my hips & knees are really stiff if I sit for an hour or more - say in the car or in a meeting. Does anyone know if there is anything I can take to prevent this - but won't mess with the Tamoxifen?
Had my hair dyed and cut properly last week - and I look like me again! So all good here.
I hope that Phil and Janice are doing well and that Doz gets sorted at the Drs.
Best wishes to all, Helen.

GIJaneH

Hope everyone's OK... gone very quiet...

How's Phil, Janice?

Appt with doc Doz?

I think that brochure has to be made up, but it is very funny, so who cares? Glad it made you laugh Lozza - and welcome...

Really tired tonight - hard day, even for me..... Feet up time...

lots of love
Jane x

Elsa

Jane-I loved the brochure excerpt; reminded me of the policeman in Allo Allo.
Janice-you're sounding a lot more positive about things; hope Phil's BP gets back to normal soon and then I'm sure he'll feel better in himself. I like the idea of being a crazy flutterby and that got me thinking about what name could you give to a crazy flutterby.....perhaps a loony fritillary?
Doz-enjoy your break from nights. I used to work nights at our local hospital but I never got on with them. You feel like you have permanent jet lag, so glad I don't have to do them anymore. A bit of a blow about possible diabetes.
Emmy-haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well with you?
Today I'm kitchen painting; we're getting there slowly

Flutter gently
Jane x

Doz1949

Ha ha I saw this the other day but didnt read it right through.. that is hilarious Jane thankyou for sharing some smiles 🙂
Welcome Lozza as Janice said welcome to the crazy Butterflies 🙂 Tho you,ll never meet a nicer bunch of Girlies 🙂
On my last night shift (thankgoodness) for 2 weeks i,m so looking forward to getting into the rythm of seeing early mornings and not having to go to bed 🙂
I received a letter from the GP this morning saying they want another blood test doing on monday then quoted a few Letters and numbers?? So being an anxious Betty I rang them to see what it was all about...... it seems my blood sugars are too high 😞 and they suspect the onset of Diabetes 😞 which does,nt really surpris eme as both my sisters have been diagnosed in the last 5 yrs..... Hey ho 😞 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!!!!
Janice I hope the next few days shows some improvement for Phil I guess its all a bit of a shock to his system being home and it does take its toll bless him.. I do hope your being kind to yourself flutterby xx
Have a brilliant weekend everyone Flutter gently and stay positive xxxxxhugxxxxx
jmr

Hello Lozza glad you found us crazy flutterby a I don't know where I would be without them all.Probably in the nuthouse.
had a fairly good say today sent Phil to bed and went for a walk met some nice people not from my area so it was nice to chat about other things.Poor Phil is so unenergised(is that a real word) got G.P out his B.P still in his boots and probably anaemic so hopefully omitting pills and bloods done he may improve maybe needs some iron tablets and then hopefully will feel better.I am so trying to have a more positive approach and maybe it is working.We are adding to our flutterby crowd quite nicely.Loved the brochure thing Jane will show it to Phil tomorrow.Well time for bed methinks I am waking earlier in the mornings these days so must get some shut eye live and hugs Janice xxxx

Lozzarooney1

Hello ladies

Well I was feeling very down today, and found this site quite by accident ... I've come across it before and then couldn't find it again! Anyway I'm rambling now !! Just wanted to say Jane that your post is hilarious ... and really cheered me up no end - so thank you!

Hugs to you all

Lozza 😄 xx
GIJaneH

hope this makes you laugh...

"This Brochure is a gem!
A friend went to Beijing recently and was given this brochure by the hotel. It is precious. She is keeping it and reading it whenever she feels depressed. Obviously, it has been translated directly, word for word from Mandarin to English……….
Getting There:
Our representative will make you wait at the airport.. The bus to the hotel runs along the lake shore. Soon you will feel pleasure in passing water. You will know that you are getting near the hotel, because you will go round the bend. The manager will await you in the entrance hall. He always tries to have intercourse with all new guests.

The hotel:

This is a family hotel, so children are very welcome. We of course are always pleased to accept adultery. Highly skilled nurses are available in the evenings to put down your children. Guests are invited to conjugate in the bar and expose themselves to others. But please note that ladies are not allowed to have babies in the bar. We organize social games, so no guest is ever left alone to play with them self.

The Restaurant:

Our menus have been carefully chosen to be ordinary and unexciting. At dinner, our quartet will circulate from table to table, and fiddle with you.

Your Room:

Every room has excellent facilities for your private parts. In winter, every room is on heat. Each room has a balcony offering views of outstanding obscenity! . You will not be disturbed by traffic noise, since the road between the hotel and the lake is used only by pederasts.

Bed

Your bed has been made in accordance with local tradition. If you have any other ideas please ring for the chambermaid. Please take advantage of her. She will be very pleased to squash your shirts, blouses and underwear. If asked, she will also squeeze your trousers.

Above all:

When you leave us at the end of your holiday, you will have no hope. You will struggle to forget it."

jmr

How funny Jane I bought a top last week because it had flutterby a on it s very light and cool to wear as well xxx

GIJaneH

Go gently Janice, as everyone has said.. you are important too........

it's cooler here tonight, so here's hoping for some sleep!

I went and bought the dress I've been looking at and saw a lovely long sleeved T shirt with flutterbies on it.. was very tempted!

Take care everyone...

love Jane xx

l

jmr

OMG what my neighbours must have thought today Phil went off to bed and they started their usual Thursday hammering and banging so had a real outburst of every word imaginable They probably didn't hear but neighbours would have and I bet they didn't think I could use such expletives,Anyway felt better after uti and Phil didn't stay a word.He has felt quite dizzy today and I think it may be his blood pressure for which he has medication so got G,P visit arranged for tomorrow.I checked his bp and it was very low so hope that's the reason.Its been a hard day I haven't got the energy these days to run after someone.. Even though he doesn't ask much.Anyway here we go again for another sweat ridden hot flashy night feel like sleeping in the garden ha ha.
lots of helpful words and ideas at the moment andEFT sounds interesting maybe better than counselling will look into it.Doz hope migraine has cleared and you have a quiet night at work.
GIJane hope jam turned out well you are so domesticated you put me to shame.I hope to get some sleep tonight as only had a few hours last night sooo hot and sticky
Love hugs and spoons for those in need Janice xxxx

jmr

Meant flushy night stupid iPad ha ha

LibranLady

What a lovely bunch of ladies on here...
Feeling much better today than my moan of 23 July. Today I had a session of EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) as I firmly believe that some really diabolical nasty stuff which happened to me in 2011/2012 contributed to or even caused my cancer. In a nutshell, EFT is a safe non invasive way to release emotional charge from trauma etc and reconnect with inner strengths. Needless to say a few tears were shed in this session, and I've been given homework! But it all makes sense - that as women we possibly internalise stuff whilst getting on with the job because the job simply needs to be done. I'm sure we all know this feeling. I've also been looking at an article in Icon magazine (picked up in my local support centre) about a Gerson Therapy which is a sort of detoxification involving juices, veggies etc etc. I don't think I can go this route yet - my fridge isn't big enough; you have to make hourly concoctions and drink 13 glasses of the result each day and you need a uba size juicer.
Doz - I find that when I cannot sleep having Lavender Sticks somewhere in the bedroom helps, not under the pillow as you will go off Lavender forever, but maybe five or so on the windowsill? The thunderstorms have not reached me (down south) yet.
Phoenix Woman - thank you for your lovely kind words, so true .. I am typical Libra !!
Janice - none of us are stupid - we just do daft things at times; I call it our female perogative
Big hug

Elsa

Hurrah, home at lastJanice and Phil so glad to hear this news......the chores can wait, do just what you have to to get through the day and the rest can wait xxxxxx
Welcome to the newbies.....Phoenix woman, can I ask what EFT is?
Today I'm going to be a lady who lunches! I'm taking my aunt and her friend out for lunch in Abergele, North Wales today so looking forward to it.
I'll be increasing my work hours to 4 days a week as from the 1st August to help pay for my daughter's uni fees as she won't get any loans for her Masters.....I will be reviewing this when she finishes her course!
Flutter gently all
Jane xx

Doz1949

YAAAY 🙂 flutter gently Janice you both need some respite so don't you go overdoing it... Phil is right just slow down now and STUFF the daily chores 🙂 Mum always said what does,nt get done today.... There,s always tomorrow 🙂 and we all know tomorrow never comes.. Ha ha!! That was from a woman who was always spotless and each day of the week had its own chore 🙂 sadly it was,nt a quality I got from her.. Bless her!
XxxxxxhugxxxxxX
jmr

Blast just written loads and lost it.Anyway Phil is home so I am very happy even though I will be running after him.
Phoenix woman I am so glad you have joined us and I am going to start to try and be calmer and not be as anxious.Phil says there will be new rules and I have to just do what I can and take life more easy which is probably sensible so if it doesn't get done today so what.I think I am weary from all the tooing and froing to the hospital and maybe been feeling a bit sorry for myself.So hopefully I may feel less tired now I don't have to face the traffic everyday.
Thanks to you all for your support over the past weeks now just need Phil to slowly get better.He is coping very well with urostomy so now just needs to get his strength back love and big hugs Janice xxxxxx

GIJaneH

Welcome to the new ladies...

doz, how thoughtfulq of Dan. Have a wonderful, restful time! I'm glad doing his mouse was cathartic - would have been hell for me! I love the way we're all so different. Rotten run of nights, and always harder to cope with stuff when you're exhausted. Hopefully the injection will work for vicki. Enjoy each moment with your sister - just because that's the best way to live.... You do it anyway... You are amazing.

janice - hope Phil gets out and into,your care SOON!

done pilates tonight in the threat. It's actually quiet this week, so I'll have a gentle, later start tomorrow.

sleep well flutterbies

Jane x

Phoenix_Woman

Hello Janice now you can stop all this nonsense about being stupid and put that word in the bin!!We are human and its natural for our first thoughts to think this way. We are never totally 100% sure of anything. It may be true it may be not so why not think it will be 100%untrue and things will get better. I've learnt that attitude is everything and don't get me wrong I have my lapses and I can spiral down but I realise now that I have a choice to be happy or to be sad. You sound as though you've had many challenges lately but I'm sure when Phil gets home he will be so relieved and with your tlc on the road to recovery. Love to you both xx ps Don't get him a bell! ha ha or you'll need skates, nuff said!!

Hi Doz I love you're energy and your posts are so refreshing. Hope you have relief with the physio if not you could try EFT. Better than drugs, get my drift and no side effects. I hope all is well with your sister. It's a special relationship and my thoughts are with you. Hope you get plenty of zzzzzzzzzzzz
Goodnight butterflies and keep well xxx

Doz1949

What brilliant posts from PheonixWoman and Libran Lady... Read digested and taken on board 🙂 been feeling rotten lately with stupid thoughts and just worn out from night shifts as I,m not sleeping well 😞 doing Daniels house has been a release in a funny way, I don't overdo it simply cos I can't... But work is bogging me down 😞 ththe new e roster is very hard as instead of doing your contracted hours per week it's now being slotted in when needed in the month so last week and this week it's 4 nights and its so hard with not enough sleep 😞 moan I over sorry flutterbys xx
Spent the day taking Vikki to pain clinic where they gave her injections in her spine to combat pain then with my sister with it being her birthday.. Came home feeling so sad and low 😞 poor Vik,s is out for the count as she was told she might be and my sister is,nt looking too good 😞 she,s loosing weight and looks quite frail and its hit me hard that she might not recover.... So all in all a rotten day and a missed sleep has,nt helped so tonight it's an early night a cup of cocoa and a lie in tomorrow ready for my next night shift... Thank goodness the ward is pretty quiet lately.. At least were doing something right and our patients are all on the mend 🙂
Libran Lady I have been through the ugly fat unloved state of mind and thought I,d never get another partner, but I have learnt to love myself regardless to still being single at 63 and I quite like my independence now 🙂 not that I would,nt give Mr Clooney a chance ha ha! he just has,nt found me yet 🙂
i was given Amatriptalyn for my shoulder.... Yes another b****y pill.... As yet I,ve not taken it as after reading the useage it's for Depression and bed wetting ( tho good for pain) so seeing as I have neither of those symptoms 🙂 they are still in the box and I,ve booked in to see a very good physio next week.... If that does,nt work I may try them?
Janice I do hope you get Phil home soon... He WILL mend quicker once he,s home it just takes time xxx
Love and hugs from a very sleepy butterfly xxxxxhugxxxxx
jmr

Love the attitude Libran lady I know I have to stop letting things get on top of me and sometimes I think I am so stupid thinking the worst when it hasn't happened maybe I will try Phoenix lady's advice and try to think and act differently by using different methods.I am thinking of trying some meditation.Pills definitely don't help I stopped taking statins and must admit aches and pains aren't quite as bad.I must admit exercise helps as I always feel better when I have been to the gym for my fitness class.I will look into use of Rock Rose as well.Phil a bit down tonight so hope he gets home soon as then he can probably recover quicker in his own surroundings take care all looks stormy here so may put earplugs in tonight love and hugs Janice xxx

Phoenix_Woman

Hello ladies and especially Libran Lady.I just had to jump in and reassure you that although you've had a rough time and had the sadness of losing a dear friend things can and do get better. I have a big thing about the medics treating the 'condition' with drugs and not necessarily treating the patient. Its fifteen years since my diagnosis and I've had the experience of Tamoxifen and the symptoms that went with it like the hot flushes and vaginal dryness that no one really talked about. I was offered more medication to combat that but refused on the grounds of not wanting to add any more oestrogen to my body. Instead I saw an homeopath and was treated holistically. I used lavender oil when I had my CT scans to relax me as I was terrified of the small enclosure and learnt Reiki to help calm me especially in the small hours of the morning when thoughts and the imagination can get out of hand. In essence I have taken control of my body and retrained in many therapies because I know the body can heal itself if you learn to love it and care for it mentally and physically. There are many avenues to explore in this area and once you start to work on it you will see things change in your life. Love is the only healer and once you radiate that you will attract a man in your life but first you need to love yourself. Unconditionally, scars and all because they have made you the strong, beautiful woman you are. Being a Libran lady myself I can easily see-saw in my thoughts. The key is to find balance and treat yourself as your best friend would do. Sending you love and hugs

amd66

just wanted to send huge hugs and love to Janice, havent even got to the end of our messages, but blimey its all been going on. i hope you have some answers now, and thanks so much for your support in the past, yu are doing so well, and i would agree on the tablets, you could probably find something milder, even if its pyschological, rock rose is a flower remedy for anxious and fear, might just boost you a bit,
much love
anne xxx
LibranLady

I'm so glad I've found this thread - my cholesterol went up to 10.2 exactly a year after my diagnosis so I am now on Simvastatin, plus Tamoxifen & Venlafaxine. The highlight of my Saturday is filling up my pill tray .
My journey since January 2012 has certainly changed some parts of me, from being rather polite I now speak my mind and when friends are moaning about their woes it now goes in one ear and out the other. You certainly evaluate who you really want in your life. I lost my dearest friend in April to cancer, it had slowly travelled all through her body and this wonderful, strong, no nonsense lady just did not have the strength to fight the cancer a third time. I learn from her - take one day at a time, if you want your hair done but money is tight go for it and eat beans on toast for a week, take no "sh...t" from anybody and if you want to wear purple jammies whilst watering the garden at 11am in view of all the neighbours ... then do it.
I wish I had known about this site during the dark days after rads, dealing with the idiots who say "well you look OK?". They seem to think cancer is a pimple; easily treated. They don't know about the black thoughts that race around your mind - I feel fat & frumpy & ugly, I cannot get this weight off, no man is going to look at me-they only go for younger models now (I'm 57, single) etc etc etc. Counselling did not really help (wrong counsellor?).
Big hug to all the ladies on this thread