375691posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Doz1949

Re: Where did I go????

Anne 🙂 the smileys are easier to find on your ipad laptop computer keypad etc just press on : then press on ) and you have a smiley 🙂 or a sad face 😞 I take the easy way out ha ha!
Don't sweat the little stuff of what's been and gone honey, try to think of what the future will hold, it's a long long journey and there are stumbling blocks but that's all they are... It's easy to say be positive but honestly it will work eventually just remember tomorrow is another day and another step down this long journey .. Xxxx
Off now to shower and get my butt ready for my last shift eeeeeek happy days 🙂 xxxxhugsxxx and a few spoons to help you out 🙂 xx
amd66

Thanks Doz for lovely long post. I want to get good at these smileys too!! the icon doesnt want to open!

I feel like I need to explain myself  so people dont just assume its all over and things are great. I find it hard to put into words as you say, they dont really know.

I've sat here this afternoon and worried about how I have been, but maybe it is because I had too much free time and overthought everything.

I know I am being hard on myself, and i so need the words and support on here.

I shall miss you while you are away

Hope emmy, janice and jane are doing okay.

thanks for keeping me going.

Anne, 

(dont know what a spoiler tag is but its on here by accident. 

Doz1949

Hi Anne
I think you put all that rather sensitively bless you and yes it is all about acceptance of what has been what is and hopefully what will be.. I can only add that I,m not the same either C does seem to come into your life and muddled things in a way that normal is what we as individuals make it, I,m almost back to some kind of level playing field but its not the same.... just different.
I think when we look back we all wonder how we got through it so your not on your own honey, talking to all our Butterflies on here has been the most support for me, I,ve tried councilling and as much as he was excellent as he,d been there himself and put a lot of things into perspective I think at the end of the day it's only ourselves who can make those moves forward and put the nasty bits to the back of our minds by as you say....by being gentle with ourselves... It all takes time and we will get through it and emerge 🙂
Don't be daunted by this but my sister said it was a good 5 yrs for her to get her life back tho saying that it is back and she is now back to her old self 🙂 and that is my foundation knowing she came through it.. So have faith in your own body and don't expect too much sweetie 🙂 xx
Onto my last night shift tonight YAAAY......... Then I,m happy to say my 2 weeks holiday is looming 🙂 this time next week I,ll be up up and away and should be flying just over the French border towards Spain 🙂 after yrs of being terrified of flying, popping over to Mallorca on my own has been the best thing that ever happened 🙂 I,m still not comfortable with it but at least I can do it 😉 it's worked out wonderfully for me work wise 🙂 I,ve finished my shifts tomorrow then don't go back till sept 25th 🙂 24 whole days off MAGIC 🙂 someone was looking down on me when the e.rostering was done 🙂
Afghan enjoyed his visit to Belgium to watch the F1 and is now fully enjoying his new home for a week till he goes back next Tuesday AND there is a rather lovely young lady on the scene................ I,ll watch this space 🙂
I hope everyone is feeling ok and apart from our usual moans and groans life is treating you all well...Janice I hope things are going well for yourself and Phil is improving daily xx
Love to you all as ever and remember to flutter gently precious Butterflies xxxxxxhugsxxxspoonsxxxx
amd66

Weymouth, i lliked it there. It was the same when i went down to sWanage, didnt think about august traffic and queueing in car parks.

HAve just been looking through some of your early post,s emmy, doz etc. I wrote before that i have had a bit of a patronizing email ready for when we go back to school from the head. she has been really caring but ultimately her life is that of the children. 

I wondered when you think back, what was it that got through those annoying things that people say, of oh well its over you can get back to normal. i am wanting to accept that this normal isnt what i was. i have returned to the things i did before but its still like treading water some of the time.

i have been out and sociable with friends and there are easy times when i am distracted. I know there is no magic answer but to be gentle on myself.

Is there anything you can add to this?

I have thought about more counselling but just feel I would repeat whats been said before and there is no quick fix. 

Cancer was a huge event and I cant explain how it has left me. I am enjoying my swimming, back to yoga, listening to mindful, relaxation tracks, even an anti anxiety download.

I appreciate you all and when talking to my oh i think this is a great help. Sorry if some of it is rambling or has been said before.

much love and hugs xxxx

emmy

Smiley Very Happy At last ! Got my new avatar had to go to main puter but all done now! Thank you Doz it was a bit of a thing but advice was taken and YAY! It is a beautiful day here though it started very cloudy just resting after day out to Weymouth on a coach which took hours but had a nice go round the beach front which was teaming!! Bank holiday what did I expect? Well that done now for tea see you later flutterbys spoons for those that need them and of course group hug Em xxxxx

amd66

Hi doz, jane emmy, janice, just gonna see if this posts at the beginning, do we just yse whoever wrote last...? Glad phil is home , cant believe it is 6 weeks,
am having to go do jobs in sch next week, read a post someone wrote in2011 that we need to say no.
mother in law is now in nursing home 6 weeks respite, a bit nearer to us, still vry early days,
am trying to focus on one day and not worry about back to work,
will write now when nit on tablet, see where this post goes
anne xx
Doz1949

I got my butterfly picture up 🙂 but it won't crop! It just freezes the page?
Em go to your profile and click on avatar you can choose your own off that hon and it does,nt have to be approved, or do you have to have one of the sites...
Listen to the expert ha ha 😉 xxxhugxxx
emmy

Helloooo Janice! Lovely to have you back on board how clever are you? I fumbled for ages before finally getting back on here still got the avatar thingy to sort but I think I need to get on the main puter as I use my iPad most of the time and I can download one of my Flutterby pics as an avatar. Off to Weymouth for the day tomorrow think we may have the coach trip bug 🙂 so nice you get to meet new peeps as well so hopefully will be a good day take care all and hugs xxxx

GIJaneH

well done Janice!  Welcome to our new home....Cat Wink

so glad Phil is back in YOUR care...

pouring here... so a big cook is coming on....

Jane xx

JaniceRob

Don't know what the avatar is or how it got there ha ha xxxxx
JaniceRob

Well everyone I did give up but then decided that I would miss you all so much and mood is better that I would just log in as a new member so here I am no longer JMR but Janicerob.Phil came home yesterday and we are hoping that this time they have managed to kill infection and he can start to get better its 6 weeks since his op and basically he hasn't made any progress.To those of you who texted and e mailed thank you and I do hope everyone manages to log in .love and hugs to all Janice xxxxx
Doz1949

I think it's worked this time 🙂
GIJaneH

Doz - that's outrageous!  Fight on Girl!

Not seen that we have to have pics approved - I loaded one no problem.  I put it into Albums (somewhere on my preferences) and whatever pics are in your album can be your avatar...

Doz, hang on in there with the forum.  It seems much, much better than the old one in many ways to me.  I am also concerned about the friend you refer to, and I've contacted the team who are going to try and help....

Hugs and spoons to all who need them!  I've sussed the font size... someone else did colour, but I haven't found that yet!

Have a good weekend....  I'm beginning to get ready for lots of celebrations for the big '0' next month.. starting with buying half a dozen bottles of half price champagne last night!

lots of love flutterbies

Jane xx

Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
Well I,ve tried more than 10 times now to get a picture loaded, it obviously is,nt working cos it freezes when I try to save it so I give up!
I don't like the log in system I have to go round the houses and the school yard to get on here.... Just one question for the BCC team why mend something that is,nt broken? I know one Butterfly who has given up due to not being able to get on 😞 which is sad as support is quintessential for all our ladies.
My insurance company have decided to pay the b****** on a bike! They said it simply comes down to cost and its cheaper to just pay him than take it to court.. I,m absolutely furious and really went to town on them, no wonder this claim culture is thriving! Also my insurance will now state a claim has been made against me! I have been in touch with them and told them if this happens I,m taking it further... At the end of the day he hit me! And I was only in first gear so where on earth do all his supposed injuries come from? So I,m really cross that its been decided for me 😞 I,m certainly not taking this decision lying down.
Daniel is in Belgium to watch the F1 and Vikki is sulking cos she was,nt asked.... So not a happy household at the moment... Just for old times sake Aaaaaataaaargh!
I,m modelling in a cancer support fashion show in Mallorca on the 6th my friend Carol runs the group in Santa Ponsa and asked if I,d help 🙂 that should be fun ha ha!
Busy day catching up with housework YUK and if I get time maybe some gardening.......?
Have a lovely weekend Flutterbys hope you all find your way back on here 😞 xxxxhugxxx
emmy

Oooer!!! Can't find the bit to change avatar!?? Doz I did see you have to have your pic approved before it goes online 🙂 hope it wasn't one of your naked pics 🙂 just kidding !
I will try again maybe tomorrow as I am tired and losing the plot!! Flutter gently flutterbys hugs Em xxxxx

Doz1949

Oooops it seems not! Oh well it's a kiss not a van??? Xxx
Doz1949

Did it 🙂 xxx
Doz1949

Well done Mrs Ology 🙂 have a lovely holiday x
Thankyou my one and only friend Jane 🙂 finally ...... I say finally...... found the section to add you 🙂 as for uploading a photo?? It let me get the pic I wanted then froze about 20 times so a van I am aaaaaaargh! I,ll try again when the whole thing settles down cos my patience is,nt what it used to be 😞 I ended up prodding the screen that much I broke my finger 🙂 only joking ha ha! But if my ipad could talk it would have said aaaaargh! Hope you all have a lovely weekend Afghan has gone to Belgium to watch the F1 with his Father so I,m having a few days with Vikki doing nothing and the inconsiderate ****** didn't bother to ask if she wanted to go!! So were going to BBQ tonight and do very little else 🙂
Take care and flutter gently Butterflies xxxhugxxx
GIJaneH

SO good to hear your great news Jane - WELL DONE YOU! Persistence and grit and determination! Deep respect MrsOlogy! Your sister in law will have to make her choices, won't she.... great that she has support .... the poor kids and your brother...

Enjoy Mull..... not jealous!

long hard week, so I'm looking forward to not being on call till Monday - weekend OFF!! Woop woop!

Elsa

PS....I don't look like a van either so thought this Mull avatar looked much better

Elsa

Morning flutterbies

Has taken me ages to get back here again but have finally sorted my password out and I've been let in!  Just a quick post firstly to share my good news this week that on Monday I passed my nurse prescribing course...yaroo...the news is still sinking in...I've finally got myself an ology as Maureen Lippman used to say.

Secondly, my sister in law is now home but under the care of a psychiatrist and social worker...they are being firm with her which is good.  BUT she has already admitted that since being out of hospital that she has drunk for 2 of those days so not a good sign is it?

Thirdly, I am off to Arran and Mull early tomorrow morning and will be away for 3 weeks so just wanted to send spoons and hugs to those who need them; I think about you all when I'm away and how grateful I am for all the support that flows from this site when I have most needed it

Jane x

GIJaneH

Hi Doz

you go into your profiley bit and to to albulms, and upload a picture into an album.  when you've done that, you can make it your avatar!  How's about that then?

I've made you my friend.... you can just click on the avatar, go to the persons page and click on the "friend whatever" bit (my words, not theirs!)

I thought it would be nice to have email remindiers again, but I only look at 2 threads, and I had about a dozen emails! Eeek!  Turning that off NOW!

Doz1949

Ok Jane 🙂 how do we get on our profile... I look nothing like that van.... I don't think ha ha! I want me back... And I have to go round the trees to get on our thread 😞 I,m about to give up! I go onto another section and I have to sign in again 😞 Dont like it!! Just want our chat back as it was STAMP STAMP! Plus I,ve lost all my friends 😞 Billy no mates sob! And I hav, nt got the time to trawl through everything 😞
Sorry to hear about your boobie and not being able to get it off your chest..... Eeeek no pun intended xx
Em I,m really pleased the massage worked for you, and that you have some relief finally ... xx
I hope we don't loose our Butterflies either 😞 I,m sure it will get easier but I must admit I don't like change it confuses me...
Janice I hope things are going well for you both, thinking of you both xx
Flutter gently and persevere .... If I can do it anyone can 🙂 love and hugs to everyone xxxhugsxx
GIJaneH

Hi everyone.... on another thread, I asked about spellchecker, and I've just seen it!   Woo Hoo!

Emmy - so glad your lump is lymp and the rock is now soft!  And thanks for the info about private lymph ladies through website - I have a colleague who's developed foot lymph and been told she needs a compression garment ( by private consultant) but GP won't refer her and she doesn't know which size to buy/where from etc etc.... I'll pass the information on.

Hope we don't lose anyone... some are having problems signing in.....

just done a ball pilates class.... oh my legs!

funny how things bite us (not insects)... last week I had a call to say my replacement prosthesis was ready.  I was a bit surprised, then remembered the lovely BCN had said she would order me another "bean a boob" - when she finally had time, she ordered something "better".  I went to collect it, opened it, and said to the lady "what do we do if it doesn't fit?"  Your BCN ordered it, so it will.  "I don't think so, it's not quite what I asked her for, look... "  "why didn't she order you a silicone one like everyone else?"  I have one of those, it's too heavy in a sports bra and I'm lopsided.  "Why didn't she order you a light weight silicone one"  I don't know.... Well, we can send it back for you... So I left a message on BCNs mobile and headed back to the office.  My lovely girl colleagues have left, and there were two guys in the office - couldn't tell them... and I felt ridiculously upset... not logical.  Pull yourself together time...  so I called in to chat to the Macmillan lady, who was lovely... pointed out it wasn't a pair of shoes the wrong size, was it?    She offered me a place on the HOPE course, so I said yes (for January)

HOPE you're all OK flutterbies...

lots of love

Jane

emmy

Just scroll back pages they are there 🙂 I checked cos I was wondering too so decided to try going backwards! Give it a try I just hope we don't lose our flutterbys to this new system as we did last time they changed it 😞
I reckon perseverance will be our middle name! Again hugs xxx

amd66

how do we find the end of our thread??? Smiley Frustrated

emmy

Ooooo! Same here Doz had to reset password!! It's all strange here not too sure yet :0
Well said I would report back on lymph massage as I have been really u comfortable and poor boob was like a rock!! She was amazing!! I had to give her full history from way back and funny thing when talking about BC I fell apart??!! Not sure why but had to go through everything and it was like a brick over the head when I reeled it off but she was lovely and I felt a nana!! The massage was so gentle due to Fibro as well so I was tense to start but relaxed as we went along, funny she said feel that and tell me if its better?? So I gingerly started to feel boob and..........it was soft!!!! I could not believe it in fact I said it was magic to which she replied no it was lympho which had settled in there and made it sore and hard . I still can't believe it mind you it is so much smaller than the normal one now but who cares it is so much better and she showed me how to do it properly myself which will be a huge help. Just wait till mr I am not happy with your lumpy boob surgeon gets a load it will be so good to say it was lymph ( he didn't say that??! ) scared the life out of me for that!! Going back for a course which she says will help as I have scarring from drain site which she thinks has adhered and that hurts when I stretch so that's next and she warned it may hurt a bit but if it all does the trick then I am up for it.
I got her name from the lymph site and went private but she does referrals from GP's and the NHS so at least I know her qualifications are the real deal 🙂
Well it's been glorious here today so had day out and am pooped now but I will never complain when it's so lovely just need to make the most of these days. Janice I hope Phil is on the up now he should be home for the weekend so fingers crossed all is well. To all the wonderful flutterbys I hope things are steady for you all sending the spoons and group hug to all Emmy xxxxx

Doz1949

OMG what has happened to our forum?
I,ve had to reset password and I have found the end of our thread but its just not the same 😞 where did it go 😞 xx
amd66

hi there ladies, dont seem to be able to find the end of our thread, but nice to be able to share agaim.

am trying to stay upbeat and am proud of daughter, with all b passes in her gsces.

had a bit of a patronizing email from boss re start of term. am trying not to think about it cos i dont want to  go, but no new job yet. it was about how there would be more better days, im moving on and putting it behind me. i dont want to wallow and perhaps here is the only place i can be honest, but no things do feel the same, i am doing what i did before, but its hard. should we just start to say we are fine,

i know its that she cares ,but she doesnt know what the anxiety feels lke and i am learning to accept me as i am, not how i was before. she wants catch up chat when we return, dont know how to word anything with her, 

sorry for moan, but found it not very understanding xxx

thanks xxx

GIJaneH

Anxiety is normal.... but I guess I try to think "is there a lump?" and if not, there should be nothing to worry about (not foolproof, but it helps) We are funny souls - we know that worry won't make a lump go away or change the outcome, so it is a waste of time, but we still do it!

Last week the prosthetic dept rang to say the new breast I'd ordered (?) had arrived. I had been chatting to the BCN about a "bean-a-boob" which I found better (and cheaper) than the heavy silicone ones. Said I must order another - she said she'd order it for me. In the event she (eventually) ordered "something better".... a beany boob I could swim in. (do I swim much? no....) I went to collect it... looks far too small, so I askedk the lady what I did if it wasn't the right size. Cleraly an odd question - "the BCN ordered it for you" (ie it MUST the right).... I explained she'd ordered something "better" and showed her - she agreed it looked small and asked why I didn't have a silicone one like everyone else "too heavy ina sports bra, I'm lopsided".... why didn't I have a light weigh silicone one? (didn't know you COULD)... anyway, we agreed I'd show BCN and get back toher. I walked back to my office, and, ridiculously, felt upset. Two guys waiting for me - couldn't tell them what was going on! SO I popped into the Macmillan desk, and chatted to the lovely lady there....
these things come and bite you on the bum when you least expect it, is the point of all that Faith...

hang on in there!

Doz - you are truly amazing!

hug to Janice and all who need it... and the mods and techies today!
jane

Faith_63

Evening ladies
well 1st annual mammogram looming 😞
to say I'm petrified is an understatement !
had about 4 hours sleep last night,
and feel so anxious , my god how do
people do this ? I'm totally wrecked 😞
Doz1949

Morning butterflies,
what a busy week...... Finished nights went straight to Daniels as physio is just up the road (shoulder again) sat having a quick cuppa and the Police rang re daft lad on a bike! Can you believe this... He didn't even know I,d put a log in first?? He was all ready to have his say on this poor mans accident that I had supposedly caused... I soon shut him up and told him to read ALL the reports before he went any further...... he found my log and after a quick read through it with me I told him I was appalled that the Polic had never been in touch till now... He proceeded to apologise profusely and said he,d be back in touch when he,d gone through it all..... Since Wednesday nothing!!
Homecoming was magic :)))))) he was over the moon with his house :)))) had a good old catch up yesterday and finally I,m back at my own house 🙂 we managed to get everything done in time and I even managed to get the hallway floor re stained after the abuse it took over the past 6 weeks so it was perfect to walk in too.. He was gutted that he could,nt have been there to help but he only has 2 weeks leave then not back till end of Nov, so it's nice he gets to spend time off doing the little jobs and there,s still plenty 🙂
on the bedroom capers I just want to know what sex is??? It's a familiar word but somehow can't visualise it 🙂 or want too eeeeek! Can't be doing with it either flutterbys is it treatment or is it an age thing... If my lovely Mum was anything to go by she,d say it was age...... 🙂 But the mind could be willing its the body that lets it down!
Well washing to do and no clean uniform for tomorrow so I had better get sorted now I,m finally home... No enthusiasm today... Pooped! Love and hugs to you all especially Janice who,s in my thoughts xxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxx
Lozzarooney1

Oh Janice - so sorry to hear that Phil's back in again... am sure he'll enjoy some time out tomorrow. Hopefully they'll get that infection under control. Your grandsons are sooo cute! I'm going to be a grandma in February 🙂 so exciting and wonderful to have something positive to look forward to! xxx
Anne and Jane - have been thinking of you both and hoping that everything is going as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Sending hugs and ladles to you. We're all here for you both xxx

Doz - Bet Afghan Dan had a wonderful welcome home!! He'll be chuffed to bits with what you've done with the house I bet! xxx

Well I'd better get back to my assignment 😞 only another 2500 words and a couple of readings.... yawn! 😮
Hugs, love, spoons in lots of different sizes to all who need them.
Lozza xxx 🙂 xxx
jmr

Well poor Phil in for at least another week to make sure infection cleared.His consultant is back from holiday so has taken over his care.Going to bring him home for a few hours tomorrow in between treatments so that will cheer him a wee bit.Hope Afghan Dan got home okay and hope he likes the house Doz love and hugs to everyone else Janice xxxxx
p.s hope you like my 2beautiful grandsons blowing their dandelion clocks xx

mandyp

I triple negative so can't blame on tam or any other hormone therapy.however GP could even use speculum fosmear test as soooo painful.xxxx surely this has to get better. xxxxxx
HJU63

Agree with comments about libido or rather the lack of it,I too have blamed this on Tamoxifen. Throw fatigue into the mix and there's no chance of any bedroom activity. Does anyone further along the journey know if things will improve or will it remain the same whilst taking Tam?

mandyp

Thanks jar x really appreciate it. There's one thing not wanting it but being able to do it but then not being able to is just awful. Xxxx
jmr

Mandy'p oestrogen or should I say lack of it has a lot to answer for it brings lots of problems and hubbies need to understand but it does make life difficult especially for younger people.but I am sure things will get better for you I hope so xxx

mandyp

So I'm not alone. Thanks. Xxxxx
GIJaneH

My libido wasn't great, but now it's gone completely, and since Letrazole, my uterus is 'friable' and breaks down vey easily, it really isn't on the agenda. I've so little (no) estrogen, I never even think about it. Poor long suffering husband. Hope that's not too frank!
(sorry about the rubbish of the previous version of this post - late night "iPad-itis" !!!

mandyp

Know this is a very personal question and nit a subject that seems to have been discussed much but is everyone back to normal in the bedroom department?!?!?!

Not sure if it is chemo or menopause brought on by chemo but something is not right?!?

Sorry to ask but wondered if I am the only one?

Mx
amd66

loads of lovely messages to catch up on, but thanks GI jane for yours, it is just what i need to hear. i need to shout it at myself each morning.
on another practical note, i had a shiatsu session today, and apparently tapping your hips side on with gentle fist, releases emotion. so thatll be me tomorrow xxx
jmr

betVet you can hardly wait for Dan to get home and see what a wonderful mum you are doing all the decorating in his new home.
update on Phil I wondered if maybe there was fluid collecting in his pelvis as drainage from area stopped very suddenly and it seems I was right so they are contemplating overnight what they treat going to treat it hopefully they will sort him as it was only 5 days since he finished last Antibiotics.He is so fed up and staff on ward as we found out last time he was in are very lacking in communication so I kept quiet today but will contract patient liaison to put forward complaints.Wish I had seen meteors but its been cloudy every night.E I hope you get arm sorted its a shame you have had to do it privately.to everyone else take care love and hugs Janice xxx

Doz1949

Floundering Flutterbys 😞 such rotten times for some of you regarding relatives.. I do hope everyone gets sorted and with as little stress as possible xx
Janice i,ve just caught up with the last 11 posts and its taken me nearly all my break to read through them.. I,m so sorry to hear that Phil is back in hospital.. you stick to your guns sweetie and make sure they get to the bottom of it this time. I cant believe its taking so long to sort the poor man out?? and you dearest flutterby I,m sending you some spoons and bit of strength to see you through xxx
Vikki and myself sat out in the garden on the sun loungers on saturday night from 11.30pm to 1.00am and we saw some of the most unbelievable meteors some which had really long trails behind them 🙂 and right in the middle of it the International Space Station tootled by 🙂 tho I did worry for them all up there in case they got hit!!!! But they must have had an incredible view all the same 🙂 I managed to see a couple on my coffe break over the past couple of nights but for us the climax was Saturday night 🙂
Em i,m sorry to hear your still having problems with that poor arm of yours I hope this new lady can get some relief for you... I was chatting with one of our Oncology Phsycologists last night as we have a few patients who are having chemo/r,t at the moment and she has been coming onto the ward to support their families, we got chatting about my time at Oncology and my treatment and she asked if i,d be interested in doing a 7 week Living Well course its Supported by The Penny Brohn Organization and they are doing this Living Well after C at our Hospital.. she said it would be good for me to attend and would give me some insight into supporting my sister too.. so she has booked me in for september start when I get back from my hols... I think its country wide and most places will be getting the chance to offer places to their patients past and present so I will let you all know if its useful 🙂
Well 2 days to go and Afghan will be home... the house is finished and after i,ve been to physio at 8.30 i,m going to try grab a couple of hours sleep then go round and start the big clean....... and then it will be the big sleep 🙂 possibly and hopefully right through till tomorrow morning.. I,m not such a superwoman honestly I do flag just like everyone else I just wont admit it 🙂
Sending out lots of hugs and spoons to you all I think some of you Butterflies are in need of some TLC 😞 definately try to be gentle with yourselves and as Jane and Em said dont rush it, it will come when the time is right xx Flutter gently Butterflies xxxxxhugxxxxx
jmr

Excuse silly spelling its the B..... IPad ha ha

jmr

Em as usual you somehow manage to put things in perspective.Its funny but I feel I am coping much better this time as Phil is so despondent I am having too try and give him a bit if oomph.I am going in tomorrow and saying my bit I have decided enough is enough and I want to know exactly what is going on.Oops maybe its wine talking as just had 2glasses of a very nice vino.I agree with everyone about Doz she is def superwoman and she was the one who brought us all together.I just hope we get Phil sorted and then great him as back to normal as can be. Thanks for big hug Jane 1 and Jane 2 I am sending you Abigail hug for you and yours and I think your brother is a very strong person hope he doesn't give in. Helen Ann Lozza and anyone I haven't mentioned hope you sleep well and tomorrow is a better day live hugs and ladles(I think we need them) Janice xxxxxx

emmy

bless you all flutterbys who are having rough days and struggling 😞 Jane my father was an alcoholic and growing up was hard for us all and for my mother who waited till we grew up to finally leave him and she got to meet a wonderful man who she was married to for 30 years and adored her which made her happy, I am so glad she got to see how a good relationship should be and it changed her into a much happier person who had the life she deserved.
Janice I so hope this turns out to be the last obstacle for you both then maybe just get to tootle gently together 🙂 ,Doz I am changing your name to 'Wonder Woman' ! How on earth you manage to fit it all in defies logic! 🙂 truly go the whole nine yards don't you? I hope your holiday is all you want and you come back rested (finally!) funny Jane reading your post on getting your mojo back and I agree specially in the head department it all settles and though its not who we were it's not too bad as we adapt and leave some rubbish behind that would have bothered us previously and I find I now shrug and move on, I still care deeply for some people but find I have no patience for fools any more. I think we now have different priorities and our needs are much more realistic .
We went on a coach trip to Bath which was enjoyable as we had never been there before so it was a lovely and educational day out. I have just made an app with a specialist lymph masseur who thankfully lives not too far from us I got her name from the lymph site and she sounds like she really knows her stufI,I start with a two hour consult which I hope will help as my arm isn't too bad but the armpit and side of boob has really kicked off due to the heat and feels like I have a golf ball under there and is quite painful so I hope that this will do the trick as I am fed up with feeling so sore by days end which is wearing! I will report back and let you know how it goes. I have checked and she is qualified up to her eyeballs along with some amazing reviews so I hope it does do the trick. Sad really had to go private as the only other place I could get help is an hour and halfs drive away then treatment and same back I would not cope with all that so fingers crossed it works!
Right it's late and we have sons dog staying for a couple of days due to work pattern and I need to walk her into garden with torch then bed its been a long one,take care flutterbys watch those spoons so sending extra for those in need along with love and group hug Em xxxxx

GIJaneH

take on very little... trust me.... getting through work is an achievement... BE GENTLE !!! Can't say it loudly enough! it will take however long it takes.... best rule of thumb I heard when I was at the foot-stamping stage (we've all been there!) was that our bodies take as long to recover as they spent being battered.... and there's a difference between that recovery (which is good) and actually feeling you've got some spare bounce - that takes a while.... sorry. I know you want it NOW.... but "now" will come.... and I believe it comes quicker if you don't run out of spoons too often....

Nag over.

Janice - how's Phil tonight? What a rough time you are BOTH having! have a hug - <<<< BIG HUG >>>>>>

So sorry rels are causing so much worry. Sister in law really has got problems.... ouch! such emotional blackmail. Good for your brother. There comes a time when enough is enough....

take care of yourselves fragile flutterby friends

Jane xx

amd66

i want to do the same Helen but dont know if i have the confidence yet, lottery win pls zz
HJU63

Hi All,
Janice I hope that the results of Phil's scan are good and the Drs can find a solution to the problems and he is soon on the mend. I am sorry to hear that so many of you are having a hard time with relatives, take care and I hope things improve soon for you all.
I am just plodding away at work, now up to 4 days and I come home each evening and just crash out exhausted. Can see the progress I have made but still feel frustrated - I want my mojo back now!(foot stamped). Some interesting job opportunities around at the moment but I am feeling super-cautious as a new job might just be too much at this stage - frustrated again. Received confirmation that I can start my programme in September so I have that to accommodate also - yes, definitely trying to run before I can walk (in fact I waddle some of the time due to Tam induced joint stiffness). For anyone out there in the early days after treatment - yes, it does get better but it takes time. I might just go and consult spoon theory to see if I can calculate what I can take on ..... (there I go again) Helen