cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Elsa

Re: Where did I go????

Hi flutterbys

Thanks for all your words of support.  I had my appointment on Tuesday but because the lining of my womb is thicker than it should be I have to go in for more biopsies in addition to what they took on Tuesday.  The doctor tried to be reassuring but I feel really worried now. I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind but its not easy.  I should get the results of biopsies already taken in 2 weeks and the doctor hopes I'll have a date for the others by then.  

I don't like housework either and often feel shamed into doing it!  We're having some new windows in a few weeks so I'll have to go round the rooms and make them more presentable.

Our holiday was amazing; it was one of the most beautiful places I've been to; a little village called Altandhu north of Ullapool.  We had a hot tub which we'd sit in at night and one night we saw 2 shooting stars; it was lovely.  The pub down the road did beautiful food; we had langoustine and hand dived scallops which had been freshly caught on the day.  Its strangely old fashioned too e.g. we visited a gift/tea shop run by a retired school teacher and for 2 cafetiere coffees and a slice of her home made millionaires shortbread she charged us only £1.95 for the lot!  She also pulled over a chair and chatted to us for well over an hour.  I did buy a little necklace from her to make up for the cheap drinks and cake.

Anyway, hope you are all keeping well; flutter gently

Jane x

JaniceRob

Know what you mean re housework I easily get distracted and sometimes feel shamed into doing it when I see the dust but Phil says just to take my specs off and I won't be able to see it ha ha xxxxxxxx
Doz1949

Vikki is doing quite well and is now talking about the need to start working again so fingers crossed that continues.. Started housework BUT lost interest after dusting and hoovering 😊 upstairs can wait ha ha! Going to have a nanny nap ahhhhh! Take care Janice you have your fair share too you know 😘😘😘😘
JaniceRob

Bless you Doz you always seem to get all the S....e. Sorry to read about your sister it must be so hard for you all. I feel as if my life is a dream compared to what you have going on. Hope you get your car sorted as life is hard enough without having to worry about transport.
Look after yourself as well as if you don't others won't be able to rely on you. Hope Vikki is improving as well big hug Janice xxxxx
Doz1949

Good luck Jane hope all goes well and for you too Janice hope things are getting better for you too Stella.. And love to Emmy too... Hope that's covered a few things xxxx
Things are not too grand here 😟 my sister is going down hill fast and has now lost the use of her right hand from the wrist which is complicating her independence 😟 I,ve managed to get her night time carer but she wont do eye drops or meds so after being on the phone all day ringing transport for appointments , getting social services to arrange a chart to enable carers to give meds etc and changing app's for her to later in the day I,m now going to tackle a house that looks as if I,ve been burgled, after 2 weeks of nights and not much gap between I,ve had little chance to catch up with everyone 😟 oh and my car died 😟 so waiting to see if it can be brought back to life! so I,m sorry if my post is a bit short but hopefully sweet... With tons of love to everyone.. Always close to my heart flutter gently Butterflies and take care of you! xxxxhugsxxxx
Doz1949

Good luck Jane hope all goes well and for you too Janice hope things are getting better for you too Stella.. And love to Emmy too... Hope that's covered a few things xxxx
Things are not too grand here 😟 my sister is going down hill fast and has now lost the use of her right hand from the wrist which is complicating her independence 😟 I,ve managed to get her night time carer but she wont do eye drops or meds so after being on the phone all day ringing transport for appointments , getting social services to arrange a chart to enable carers to give meds etc and changing app's for her to later in the day I,m now going to tackle a house that looks as if I,ve been burgled, after 2 weeks of nights and not much gap between I,ve had little chance to catch up with everyone 😟 oh and my car died 😟 so waiting to see if it can be brought back to life! so I,m sorry if my post is a bit short but hopefully sweet... With tons of love to everyone.. Always close to my heart flutter gently Butterflies xxxxhugsxxxx
JaniceRob

Hope all goes okay for you Jane and you enjoyed your break.Wiil cross everything
It's that time if the year again got mammo on 10 th Oct a week after Phils op so hope fully he will be okay while I go as I am usually away a couples of hours.
Hope all is going okay with everyone else love and flutter gently Janice xxxx
katieb

Hi Jane
Will be thinking of you today. Love hugs & spoons to take with you.
Stella x

katieb

Well done janice youre a star! you made theceffort & youve done it! Congrats

jane hope youre doing ok and enjoying your break. Congrsts to your daughter- another star!

ann ive not told anybody at my new job ttying to make a new start I think - could be wrong could be right who knows! But know I can comd on here and have a moan & every body understands which helps a lot.

bit bothered about mynimplant at moment uncomfottabke so think will ring BC nurse.

take care all

stella xxxx

Doz1949

P.s Sorry forgot to say Harrogate is quite a way from Brough and sadly not a place I know very well either xxxx
Doz1949

Hi I can only repeat what Janice has said sadly the friends I have very rarely mention it.. In fact they don't so there is no support.. As for work humph! I need not go there I reckon! If they see you up and about and doing normal things they don't see the unseen struggle, and yes it's always there, there is,nt a day goes by that it does,nt rear it's ugly head but 3 and 1/2 yrs on it's not so negative.. So it is getting more bareable..Stay strong were always here cos we know how it rolls, and treasure any new found friends as the ones who don't acknowledge it are,nt worth the heartache.. I know because I,ve been there too and so have most of us as Janice said!
Love and hugs precious Butterflies xxxxhugxxxx
JaniceRob

Thanks Anne.I am up in northumberland about 20 miles from Newcastle so Harrogate not really known to me I am the opposite to you when I talk to family as they all live away so I don't like to worry them. Which means they think it's been a breeze so don't know what's best to do. I rarely see people I used to work with so I think that's the way things go out of site out of mind so just stick with people around and your new colleagues.
So stick in there and try to continue to move forwards it won't ever go away but it gets better love and big hug Janice xxxx
amd66

Janice, well done! good to hear your news, and good race time

Jane hoep your hotel is lovely, whats going on with appointments, sorry to hear you are worried, but enjoy the fresh air up there.

as for doz and janice, cannot remember where you are but am in harrogate end of the month,  so can you suggest places to eat etc, just mid week break.

am a little up and down, still got upset over old colleagues that havent bothered to be in touch, and i knew the beginning of term would perhpas make me like that. i know they are all busy but they are still together, and they didnt go through cancer.  ihate being sensitive like this, and know that i should be gentler on myself, its like after acouple of years i should feel better. on the fb site and this one, we are so good at boosting each other, i forgot that i have moved on but the huge impact of cancer will still be there wont it.

im getting there,

still go to support group in woods and realise i can suggest help to others still in chemo etc but dont want to depress them that afterwards it is tough.

family seem to be coping better with me, but they moan that i am negative on the phone and never say im doing great. i find it hard to lie, its just up and down,

anywya,

still need you guys so thank you.

lovely summer dont want autumn yet,  evening here, but i am stuck on late surgery.

XXx lots of love

and must remember flutter gently.

JaniceRob

A bit sore today mainly my feet. Still it was worth xxxxx
Doz1949

WELL DONE JANICE Smiley Very Happy

I,m also in awe I dont think i would have lasted I,m ok in short sharp bursts but staying power is,nt my forte :}

You must be very proud of yourself!!

Oh well back to work... short sharp bursts ha ha!!!

Love to all xxxhugxxx

emmy

WELL DONE!! What a brave woman you are and I feel proud to know you! So glad you got round and I will be most interested in seeing our Janice covered in mud 🙂 bless you it's another step in the right direction for you!! I bet you were chuffed to finish I would have been!! I am in absolute awe you amazing Flutterby sending you loads of love and am sat here smiling xxxxx

JaniceRob

Well girls I DID IT so proud of myself. Didn't realise how hard it would be climbing and crawling and the last two obstacles were REALLY MUDDY. We did it in less than 50 minutes but not sure of time as we didn't go straight to finish line as Phil was taking photos.Won't be doing it again I think at 67 I was the oldest there. Anyway we celebrated well last night so an early night tonight and hopefully not too achey tomorrow love and hugs to all a very knackered Janice xxxxx
P.s we raised over £400 between us xxx
Doz1949

GOOD LUCK JANICE XXHUGXX GO ON GIRL 😀
JaniceRob

Go Jane go what lovely news re your daughter you must be so proud.I am sure everything will be ok so enjoy your holiday. It might be quite interesting if castle is haunted would be definitely a talking point . I am so looking forward to race for life on Saturday and it's only 5 k so shouldn't be a problem. Weather is going to be good as well so I am going to enjoy it love and hugs to all Janice xxxxx
Elsa

Hi flutterbys

I'm trying to stay positive.  My appointment's come through for 23rd September so will go to Scotland today and try and forget about it until then.  Some really good news this week - our daughter Em got a distinction in her Masters; so on our way back we're going to stop off at St Andrews for a night and take her and her boyfriend out for a slap up meal.  

Janice - good luck in your walk/run/slide in the mud race! I'm not on any meds after BC.  The bleeding stopped after 5 days so part of me is wondering if it was just a very late period and my body having one last clear out so to speak but because it happened over a year after my last period it's got to be investigated.  

Doz - hope Vicki goes from strength to strength now; she's been through tough times with her health so let's hope she can put them behind her now and enjoy life more.

Anyway, I've woken really early today thinking about packing as I haven't done any yet. Best crack on. We're staying in a castle tonight - let's hope it's not haunted!  Tomorrow should have been our very posh night which I had to cancel but we're now booked into a B&B by Loch Ness with the Dores Inn down the road so I've already booked us a table  and we'll settle ourselves in there for the evening. Bliss

Take care flutterbys

Jane xx 

JaniceRob

Aha Jane bless you. It's very worrying but stay positive as it may just be a blip. Are you on any medication post B.C as that can sometimes cause it. Thinking of you and everything crossed and hope you enjoy your break. As soon as we get Phil sorted again we are def going to have a holiday although it will be next year now. Haven't had a holiday for quite a while.
Doz glad things seem to be getting better for Vikki and your sister glad you enjoyed night out. I won't be running the race most likely walking fast and sliding on my butt in the mud ha ha.
Love and hugs to all(big hug for you Jane) Janice xxxxx
Doz1949

P.s Glad to hear things are moving for Phil at last and your getting pepped up for Race for life, Janice... Your a very brave woman 😵 I don't think I could run to the end of the street anymore ha ha! God love ya xxhugxx
Vikki is doing really well so far it's been such an improvement and so quick 😊 considering they said if it's going to work it could take up to 2 weeks....
Sister is stable, managed to sort her 2 calls a day from carers and now her chest infection has cleared she is perking up a bit but can't remember if I mentioned the lump they found on her mammogram? It's just been so chaotic this past couple of weeks 😔 need to get results asap so we can move on andthen get her cardiology app sorted... Then try to sort her out.. Poor lass 😔
Went to the start of Freedom Festival weekend in Hull on Friday night.. I managed to swap a night shift to go and thoroughly enjoyed it 😀 there were bands, plays, dancers and the freedom flame walk.. It was brilliant night I,ve wanted to go to one of the local festivals for ages but I,ve always been working.. So swapping my shift was great... Now suffering as it was straight back onto nights... Small price to pay tho 😊
Keep your chin up Jane and love to everyone as always xxxxxhugxxxxx
Doz1949

Ah bless you Jane how rotten for you and at such a time 😘😘 I,m sure if your Dr says your smear was ok it's perhaps just a blip.. Tho we all know where your coming from, my mum used to have the odd bleed and it was never anything serious so keeping everything crossed for you.. Hand at the ready to give you a push to go and enjoy your break! Thinking of you honey love and hugs xxxhugxxx
katieb

Hi Jane I can imagine how ur feeling - I'd panic too. But we've done it before where we're waiting and it's definitely not always bad news. Stay positive enjoy your week away. We'll be with you. Your smear test result is a big positive too. Big hug xxx
Stella x

Elsa

Hi Flutterbys

Help - Next week we're going to Scotland for our 30th wedding anniversary celebration; starting the holiday with 2 much looked forward to nights at a posh hotel and restaurant.  Well; I've had to cancel them because I've had a post-menopausal bleed and am now waiting for an appointment at the hospital; which should happen within 2 weeks of referral; which means next week.  I feel absolutely gutted. I feel so panicky again to the point of having panic attacks.  I just can't go through another cancer diagnosis.  Rightly or wrongly although I've cancelled the first 2 nights of the holiday, we've decided to still go to the cottage; its only for a week and we don't go until next Saturday so hopefully will have been seen by then.  One slight bit of good news was that my lovely GP phoned me on Friday evening to tell me my recent smear test was ok so that's one less thing to worry about.

Jane x

emmy

Hi flutterbys, well Janice you made me smile 🙂 I was told to try coconut oil on our pup Dougie as he had an allergy to grass!! Poor little man was chewing his paw till it was raw but the alternative was steroids which we didn't want so looked for a natural alternative. The coconut oil is cold pressed,organic and .......works!!! We put a teaspoon into his food as well as rub it into his skin and it's been quite dramatic the improvement was immediate, I read up on it and it can be used for hair,skin and cooking as it smelled nice I thought I would try it on my lympho arm as I have to moisturise it and it is gorgeous! Shows that there is something in these natural remedies I think we have had enough of drugs so it is a relief to find that it works. The oil melts with body heat so I assume that would be the same as the castor oil it goes lovely onto skin but haven't tried it on my hair so will definitely give it a try 🙂 clever Doz I will be trying it out on my eyelashes too they are pathetic and used to be fair but long so when wearing mascara they looked good these days no matter how many coats I put on they don't look any different so another to try. I am so glad you have a date for Phil at least you can see a light at the end of the tunnel after all you have been through. Doz I am keeping fingers and toes crossed for Vik I so hope this is a start of getting her life back after all her problems, she has been lucky to have you there for her.
Well life with two puppies is proving to be great fun, they are so funny and devoted to one another you honestly would think they had been together for years. Daisy certainly keeps Dougie on his toes she is a bouncy, funny dog and he sometimes gives a little huff when she torments him to play when he is trying to sleep but ends up flying round the house with her. We leave them for around two hours to shop once a week and the welcome is something else so nice to come home to. I have finally agreed to counselling as the doc suggested it some time back but I didn't want to at the time I just felt I wasn't ready,after all this time I agreed so the doc made the referral and I got a letter to say I would be offered a) one to one counselling, b) group therapy, c) an online course, d) or books to read provided by the NHS??? I just sat in total disbelief what a way to save money!!! I had a triage call on Monday and after going through some questions was asked did I feel suicidal?? I was horrible and replied if I did I would have to wait till I read the books or did the course so I guess by that she realised I was angry and did say she thinks I will need counselling but they don't do it there so another referral going in after a team meeting tomorrow!!? You couldn't make it up! So got to wait for a phone call to find out what the decision is,my lymph nurse suggested I ring the doc and put in a complaint as I was under the impression I had been referred for counselling and it went to the CBT team instead which was why the muddle.
Well looking like summer is waving us goodbye, it's been too hot for us all here so am sneakily looking forward to some nice cool autumn days to walk the dogs. Well all I hope you have great success with the castor oil, I will try to keep up with everyone's postings I have so much to catch up on with so many postings sorry if I left you out as I just read about the Jamaican castor oil and couldn't resist will take a look now take care all spoons for those in need, hugs to all xxx

JaniceRob

That's good hope it continues. Xxxx
Doz1949

I didn't either till Vikki said 😀 she,s having a good day YAAAY xxxxx
JaniceRob

Thanks Doz didn't think of that xxx
Doz1949

Warm it first Janice xxhugxx
JaniceRob

Hi everyone thanks for the tip Toulula have just started using Jamaica black castor oil so fingers crossed hair improves.Doz I think I will try it on lashes as well as they are dreadful.
Sorry to read about Carol poor soul she has certainly had a dreadful time of it.Will keep everything crossed for Vikki as well.
Phil has got date for his operations they will do both at same time so just one anaesthetic he will have them done on 2nd October (hopefully) you never know if it will be cancelled or not these days.
Take care and hope you are all enjoying some sunshine just off to walk friends dogs so will be shattered when we get back as it's quite warm today love hugs and spoons Janice xxx
P.s I think I may dilute oil a bit as it's very thick and a bit hard to apply xxx
Doz1949

Morning girls xx
Spent most of the day in hospital with Vikki as she was last on the list unfortunately 😞
Procedure went well though she,s very sore and swollen, now we have the waiting game, as it can take up to a couple of weeks to take effect, basically they cortorise the nerve endings with thermal waves so the receptors stop sending messages... Very complex and high tech but if it works she just might get some quality of life back...... Fingers and toes crossed again 😊
Sister had a knock back on Monday sadly, she had a mammogram 2 weeks ago but got called back and they did ultrasound on a small lump...... Biopsy done and now waiting (always waiting ) for results 😳
Her legs have stopped leaking so that's a slight improvement, just got to get a Cardiology appointment done then hopefully some prognosis.... 😞
Stella I started using Jamaican black castor oil too after Vikki had good result and my hair is feeling much better just after 4 weeks... It's a bit strange rubbing it all in and leaving it on all night but the results are really good and no residue on my pillow 😀 or like Vikki does she puts it on and wears a bath hat for a couple of hours and then washes it off and it's just as effective... I,ve been putting it on my eyelashes too 😀 I use an old mascara brush and put it on like mascara overnight and I do believe they look better.... You won't recognise me when I,ve finished ha ha! It's even good for muscular aches!
Well we didn't get the promised heat wave tho it has been warm but a bit over cast, so I got the builders in and I,m having new concrete steps put in up to the lawn... It's on a different level to the patio... I had York stone steps but they had become a bit slippery so out they came and plain old concrete put in, can't be doing with slipping down them!! I don't bounce very well anymore 😵
Someone ( sorry can't remember who ) asked if the ward had finally moved (think it was Anne) yes we moved the building is beautiful but I don't like it.... The ward is much less social as everyone is in their own room and you feel as if your walking miles on a round 😦 and with us being Neuro rehab I don't think having your own room is very productive for rehabilitation... But the powers to be know better......NOT!
Hope everyone is doing well and life is being kind to you all... Much love as always Butterfly's xxxxxhugxxxx
katieb

Morning everyone
Thanks for the tip Toulula - I've also read an article about black castor oil trying that at the moment.

Doz sorry to hear about your sister & hope the tests go ok. Hope vickys ok and that the procedure goes well. Will be thinking of you both.

Good to hear from you again Ann - hang in there it goes get better.

Janice hope you & Phil are ok and enjoying the good weather and getting out.

Time to go to work😟!

Stella xxxx

Toulula

Try cocanut oil good for hair and every thing xx
JaniceRob

That's why we are here Doz so you can rant without upsetting family.Thinking of you and sorry about Carol.Hope Vikkis procedure is a success.live and big hug Janice xxx
Doz1949

Morning Butterfly's
Work? I hate it... Still no sign of being able to drop my hours and being put on day and night shifts is driving me nuts 😔 can't even consider retiring yet so I,ll just shut up eeeeeek!
Having a rotten old time of life in general... Sister is really poorly and is being sent to the heart hospital for tests poor girl is really going through the mill 😔 and Vikki is not good at the moment but her procedure is this week so I,m keeping everything crossed.....
What a bloomin depressing post sorry flutterbys needed to write it down to kick myself up the rectum!!
Hope life is treating you all a bit kinder.. Love and hugs to all xxxxhugxxxx 💗
JaniceRob

Hi Anne nice to see you posting again Phil doing okay just waiting for op date. Probably beginning of October if all goes to plan.We love Edinburgh our son and then our daughter lived there for a while so we were regular visitors. Going to do race for life in Glasgow on 13th September so looking forward to it ha ha. Hope things are settling at home it's tough sometimes I think family sometimes forget what you've been through. Just keep your chin up and we are here for the moans and groans as we all need to let off steam.
Hope everyone else is muddling aling okay live and hugs Janice xxxxx
amd66

good to catch up, Janice how are things for phil?

doz. what about your work? what happened with the ward, did it move or close/

Jane at the fringe, how cool. that was where i had my honeymoon 25 years ago, we went in april, but i still googled images at the shows to remember how mad it all was.

great place to stay etc

look forward to reading your posts

Anne xx

amd66

hello all,

ive forgotten which way to read this thread, do we go up or down numbers, doz you said about photos, has someone addded their's.

sorry not to be have been here, ive been so up and down, had silver wedding anniversary and nice day in hotel, but since then problems at home, ungrateful teeneager and husband bit fed up with me, will catch up on your news,

lots of love

and still needing you all. 

just needed a break from writing it down but perhaps i needed to,

love anne x

Doz1949

Good wishes all the same Janice just a bit early 😀
Just a quickie to say all you butterfly's who are discussing ways to improve your hair.. Vikki has been using Jamaican black castor oil for a while now and it's really improving her hair.. And her eyelashes 😄 she was having lots of trouble with being on so much medication and a nurse at the pain clinic mentioned it to her..
You can buy it online and look it up online too, to see it's many uses... I,m not on commission 😉 but it has improved her hair xxxxhugxxxx
JaniceRob

Think I must have mixed it all up Phil won't be having his op for a while as 6t to 8 week wait and that's emergency list. So we are just going to enjoy the next few weeks. He has had tube changed so a bit more comfortable and had antibiotics so maybe they helped improve things. Weather been sunny but cool today which suits me as I don't like it too hot. Keeping myself fit for race for life only 3 weeks away so hope weather is good on the day but it's in Glasgow so not expecting to much. Take care all love Janice xxx
P.s we are hoping to get to the festival next year if all is well xxxxx
katieb

Hi Janice I'll also be thinking of you both tomorrow. You've had such a tough year but THIS will be onwards & upwards I'm sure. Makes my hair problem seem ridiculous.

Doz your sister is lucky up have you caring for her, probably best for you to hav to the tough talk - take more notice. Hope vickys I jrctions go well. I would think the hospital would rather have you there for less hours than not at all.

Sounds like you had a brill time Jane. I had a sunny day in Hunstanton last week whichmade a change.

Take care & hugs to everyone
Stella xxx

Doz1949

Hi Flutterbys
Thankyou for your replys I must admit I did start feeling a bit snowed under with everything and worried my socks off 😞 but I think she has taken it all on board and hopefully will start to pick herself up a bit.. I felt really sad being the one handing out the "tough love" as the poor girl went through hell last year with Cancer treatment and it's about this time on, in the after throws for her, that I first posted about how C had affected me so I can empathize with her but she does need to try to look after herself 😞
I,ve finished my first week of day shifts and I must admit they don't mess your head up as much as nights but I was shattered after yesterday's shift so it was an early night 🙂
Woke up this morning to 🌞 so Benny Boy is getting a treat and were off to the beach 😃
I,d love to go to the Edinburgh Fringe festival so maybe that's a plan for next year 😊
Thinking of you and Phil Janice and hoping that all goes well for you both and you have him home fit and well as soon as possible... Hand on its way honey and much love xx
Enjoy the bank holiday Butterfly's and take good care xxxxhugxxxx
Elsa

Hi Flutterbies

Janice- hope Phil's op goes well and will be thinking of you both.  It's been a tough year for the two of you.

Doz - sometimes tough love is needed and unfortunately has to come from those closest to them.  I had to give some tough love to my brother when he was going through the throes with his alcoholic wife but am so glad I did now.  I hope your sister is feeling better now.  Also hope that Vicky's procedure is successful.  The NHS should be more flexible with you as like Janice says you will only end up going on long term sick leave and they'll be worse off in the end

My daughter and I had a lovely weekend at the Edinburgh Fringe last week and saw some cracking shows - Eric & Little Ern (gentle old fashioned humour); Frankenstein Unbolted (raucous and risque involving a silver thong!!) and Paul F Taylor (madcap & angry); next year will stay longer so that we can see more shows. We stayed in the student halls of residence as much cheaper to do so and they were perfectly fine but a 20 minute walk at least from the town centre.  

Sunny today so going to make the most of it

Flutter gently

Jane xx 

JaniceRob

We did have sun but it's just poured with rain and still cloudy but it's warm so no need for thermals just yet.
Sorry to hear about your sister Doz but I can understand her in some ways as I often just try to go on and end up worse (naughty I know).Will keep everything crossed for Vikki hope it all goes well.
Sorry to see you can't get reduced hours but if you end up on the sick they will be even worse off. Maybe retirement will beckon sooner than you think take care love hugs and spoons Janice xxxxxx
Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys... We have sun..... Yaaaaay!!
Janice I will be thinking of poor Phil and hope that it all goes very smoothly for him and... He is out before you know it! Much love to you both as always xxhugxx
Had a rotten week with my poor sister but I,m afraid to tell you I had to give her a right old talking too 😞 she,d not been feeling well for a few days so instead of telling anyone she just rooted herself to a chair and stopped eating and drinking 😞 if I,d not gone to have tea with her unexpectedly I,d hate to think of the consequences 😞 finally cajoled her into letting me ring for a Dr as her mobility is terrible and amongst her other problems she has a chest infection.. Swollen legs (heart failure) diabetes was of the roof very dehydrated 😞 she,s now on antibiotics and got us all running round like ants trying to feed her up, between being told off and tough love 😞
She,s her own worst enemy leaving things till it's caused more problems 😞 so now she,s been told which upset me but it's for her own good 😞
Finally had a face to face with Sister on the ward re hours.... Not a chance in Hell at the moment with the state of the NHS cutbacks and shortages so I,m biding my time for now and then I forsee in the not to distant future getting occupational health on board 😞 or at the very least winning the lottery and telling them where they can put my small donation.... Not a very sunny place 🙂
Vikki is going into hospital in 2 weeks for her radio/thermal spine injections.. Fingers crossed they work?? Then she will be able to think about getting a job... Needless to say I,ve got everything crossed 😳
Hope everyone is well and enjoying what's left of the summer.... Love and hugs xxxxhugxxx
JaniceRob

Hi everyone just thought I'd give you an update on Phil.Kidney def to be removed and he saw the consultant who will do it on Monday. He says he hopes to do it keyhole and hopefully will do his other op at same time so he will be in a couple of days.If it was just the kidney op he would be out the next day how amazing is that. I can remember the days when you were in at least a week.Anyway hope everyone is ok and getting on well sad we have lost our lovely weather but we did have some sunshine for a while.My sister in law died on Tuesday and although we didn't keep in touch I have kept in touch with her daughter in New Zealand.Anyway my nephew Michael called us and while we were chatting he asked where my son lived in Oz and he is only 20 mins drive from him so hopefully they will get in touch it's a small world isn't it.So even though it's a sad time it will be nice to see them as we haven't seen them for years.
Take care all live hugs to all Janice xxxxx
katieb

Hi Janice our posts must have crossed. It's sad that you have to shout at Drs to get answers for something do serious. You shout if you have to! We've just been cooking beetroot as well. Hugs to you and Phil.

Stella xx

katieb

Hi jane1 great to hear from you. I'm using nano gem at the moment but haven't tried the fibres, I'll have a look at them. Dr didn't give me minoxidil cos you may lose hair to begin with! Also you have to take it all the time. He's given me a steroid liquid to see if it will stimulate growth called dermal ate contains clobetasol for you nurses out there. Gotta go back in 6wks. Your cooking sounds scrumptious!

Have a good day all, sun shining here at the moment🌞xx

JaniceRob

Hi everybody yes it was nice meeting up Jane 1. Just pickled load of beetroot curtesy of my fab neighbour and friends. We take their dogs out during the week and that is how they show appreciation with lots of goodies from the allotment.We are doing okay Phil doing okay got app on Monday for change of Nephrostomy tube and to see doc.hopefully may get some results as sick of waiting no one seems to bother so may have to shout this time. He gets quite down at times and I get all the flack but I am thick skinned so no worries.Weather cooler but still nice so getting out when we can. Oops sounding grumpy again but will get through it. Love hugs and spoons to you all Janice xxxxx