1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did I go????

Elsa

Re: Where did I go????

I'm like you Janice; decided to try and relax and get into the christmas spirit.  Have been singing with choir and next week we're singing in our local michelin star restaurant The Chequers so will be getting free canapes and mulled wine...can't wait...we'll literally be singing for our supper!  Will be spending christmas at home then we've decided on a whim to go to Mull for the New Year so doing a sun dance everyday between now and then!

Doz- I'm just picturing you decorating with a hangover- you are a wonderwoman truly!

JaniceRob

Enjoy your night out Doz xxxxx
Doz1949

Ahhhh bless Ya Janice sending big hugs as always Xxxhugxxx
Just finished decorating.... With a hangover! Had my night out with a couple of girls I work with last night and think I may have had one to many!!
And now time to get ready for my meal out with Daniel and Vikki 😃 so I,ll have one with you 😀
It's freezing here too I put some washing out and just brought it in.... Stiff!
Stay warm Flutterbys xxxxxhugxxxx
JaniceRob

Seems like it's a bit of a post code lottery the way results are given out.We went for Phils C.T scan yesterday and they wouldn't do it as his kidney function wasn't good enough to give him contrast injection so something else to worry about. Doz it's pointless shouting as it seems they tend to ignore you even more at our surgery. The nurse who has been doing his dressing this week has been good and she measured the depth of hole in his back and it has shrunk a bit but still oozing gunk so may still contact his consultant on Monday. He may want to see him to have another look at him.
Jane it's awful having to wait for results but as you say they are probably there but you have to wait for certain person to give you them. I feel we are all just a number nowadays so what's the point of saying anything as it just gets me stressed out. Never mind having nice time at daughters and just chilling out and a few glasses of wine tonight will help the xmas spirit love to all and keep cosy (it's really cold here and snow on the high ground) Big hugs Janice xxxx
Doz1949

I think it's time our beautiful butterfly's made some serious noise!!!
Waiting for results is bad enough anyway but to be left waiting that long is a disgrace and at times I,m ashamed to say I work for the NHS!
I know tests and biopsys take a little longer but for goodness sake 3/5 weeks is appalling! My sister had all her results within 2 weeks so it's cruel keeping you waiting! I,m sure the results are there.. They will be sat in a pile! Shame on the person who has stacked people worries up... Get shouting sweetie xx
And you too Janice.. Please don't ever think your being pests! It's the people who shout the loudest that get somewhere sadly 😔
Love and big hugs cos it's just not fair that things don't get done xxxxxxxxhugxxxxxxxx 💐
Elsa

Janice- write that letter to consultant; the treatment that Phil's getting is sub standard and just not good enough; and now you've been told about your ostopenia.  I wish I could give you both a hug so sending a virtual hug across the airwaves x I still haven't had the results from my op and its been over a month now; I was told it would take 2-3 weeks; the actual consultant told me 3 weeks.  Was on the phone to the hospital last week and was told it may take up to 5 weeks!  I feel like I'm the difficult patient always on the phone; but I just want to know because I'm worried. 

Doz- you are also going through the wars; hope your frost burns are healing ok.  I've started falling asleep in the chair; never used to when I was younger...is age creeping up on me!  

Work has been dire this week, on call was hectic and of course no manager for advice; she seems to absent herself from the office on a regular basis these days so will be bringing that issue up at next week's meeting.  I'm feeling ready for a battle so watch out!!

Take care flutterbies; we're all fragile underneath our wings xx

Doz1949

Hey sweetie moan all you want to you have a right too after what you,ve had to go through over the past few yrs and I admire you tremendously having the wherewithal to put your own troubles aside for so long... Your still delicate Janice we all are and if coming on here to get it off your chest then you go for it lovely... We all understand! Always here to hold a butterfly's hand even if it's just virtual keep your chin up hon you,ve come this far... Don't let the bathplugs grind you down xxxxxxhugxxxxxx
JaniceRob

I don't think complaining does any good.I just think they only hear what they want to. Maybe being a nurse I know too much and that's why I get so frustrated. If I didn't know anything I probably wouldn't be bothered. I think it's because everything is out of my control the breast cancer and then Phils bladder cancer and no- one seems to be bothered.Some people seem to have people falling over themselves to help. Sorry needed the moan feeling a bit down re bone scan but I will be fine tomorrow no doubt.
Hope your back gets better soon I honestly admire you getting decorating done and working at the same time.
Look after yourself and have a rest if you can love and hugs xxxx
P.s going to ring consultant tomorrow
Doz1949

Oh Janice that's so terrible poor Phil and poor you 😔
I think it's time you made some noise and keep on until you get somewhere.... Start off by writing an email to Pals or the Consultant/team Phil is under and tell them it's just not good enough and you are prepared to take it further if someone does,nt take notice! Tho I,m sure you don't need me to tell you sweetie 😔
As for the meds I have to agree I,ve never felt so rubbish as I have this past year.. I ache so much even I get sick of hearing myself! I seem to get muscle spasms and aching joints just moving my little finger! I,ve been on them 4 yrs and I think I,m ready to bin them now!
Just finished decorating and just by reaching up I,ve pulled a muscle in my rib and my backs been in bits so much lately! Put an ice pack on after finishing my nights and fell asleep in the chair with it on... Frostbite burns on both sides of my spine! I do put it all down to these blessed meds!
I hope you get somewhere soon honey... Lay it on thick and tell them it's affecting your health, which I,m sure it is.. But tell them anyway!
Love and hugs to you both and to all the Flutterbys xxxxxhugxxxx
JaniceRob

Well got results from bone density scan and got osteopenia which means I have lost some bone mineral.So I have decided to stop taking Exemestane as medication obviously the cause as previous scan was fine. She also mentioned meds to help it but they too have serious side effects so I am willing to take calcium supplements if necessary but now just fed up with it all. Phil still got no further forward with his wound guy who did his dressing today didn't even pack it so going to contact hospital I am so fed up with poor care when others seem to get everything take care all Janice xx
JaniceRob

What a busy time you've all had Doz I honestly don't know how you do it. Phil lost his temper with surgery today as trying to get swab results and told them he had been to hospital but still needed to speak to doc. As usual message not given properly so they decided he didn't need to see doc as he was being treated at hospital. He is so peed off my mild mannered husband wiped the floor with them. Oh dear. Wiil ask nurse tomorrow if she can help get it sorted. It's not as if he has bothered them much over the past 2 years in fact they have been very Unsupportive may need to make a complaint if we don't get sorted. Well enough moaning take care all love Janice xxxxxxx
Doz1949

That's brilliant news Janice you must be so pleased 😊
Sorry I hav,nt written much lately it's been chaos, had to take my sister for 3 appointments last week then she was admitted for biopsy on lung, she,s had fluid on it for a while so they finally decided to do something about it... Then I had my morning at Breast clinic still smiling at results, you would think it got easier as time goes on but I was just as nervous!! We have a new mammogram machine it is digital, so quick but OMG it hurt 😔 and did for a couple of days after.... Finally got the consultant to take my shoulder and shoulder blade into consideration and he admitted it is damage from R/T just one of those things was all he said, but at least now I know! Then the following day Vikki went in for reconstructive surgery on her foot, all went well and she is now laid up for 6 weeks! But come new year should be able to do some serious job hunting 😀😀😀
In between all that I had 3 night shifts and 2 lates.... Had to swap a few to fit everything in and now i,m paying for it 😒 did 2 nights over the weekend and now got 3 nights to do, hoping for some quiet ones.. Pretty please!
Good to hear all the positive news from everyone I do hope 2015 is going to be a year of nice things for everyone!
My sister has silver nitrate on her abscess and it cleared up really well in the end so I hope it's successful for Phil.. Wish him well from me xx
Well girlies not to much to tell as I hope the lead up to xmas will be peaceful for us all... Fingers crossed!
Stay warm Flutterbies and stay well love and hugs to all 😘😘😘😘
XxxxhugsxxxX
JaniceRob

Hi Stella hope scan goes well and you get discharged. Well 2 apps down. Phil saw consultant and he used silver nitrate on his wound to try to sort over granulation and says he hopes it will heal in 4 to 6 weeks. Got e mail from son in Oz and he's coming for a holiday next summer and then we will go out beginning of November so will see him twice in a year can hardly wait. Hope you get booked for your holiday and have a lovely time we are going to have a nice quiet time and as I say prob spend the day in P.Js love to everyone and take care Janice xxxxx
katieb

Hi all Janice you can't actually believe it can you - shame it's true. Hope all you appointments go well and you have the lovely Christmas you both deserve.
That must be a record Doz! But great news for you.
Jane glad everything worked out well for you and very envious of your fab weekend.
I went to BC nurse about my op. she was very good went thru everything and showed me photos of good and not so good results. Also gave me DVD to watch not looked at that yet!
I've for CR scAn next week for my chest - hope they'll discharge me this time.
We're trying to sort our Xmas holiday at mo - my hubby insists on getting late deal! I'd rather just book and know I'm going'
Big hug to everyone
Stella xxx

JaniceRob

Wow Jane sounds as if you had a fab time.
Lucky you Doz getting results so quickly and glad that's another year gone and all clear.
We have got 5 apps between us this next 2 weeks and then off to daughters on the 12th after Phils C.T scan in the morning. Then maybe relax a little.Phils wound still not healed and has a 2 cm deep hole which is very difficult to pack so hope it doesn't get infected again poor bloke is sick of it all. We see consultant on Tuesday 9 weeks after op and he said he would see him after 6. He has been put down as new patient lol which is ironic as he's seen the guy at least 6 times and he removed his kidney so god only knows what's going on.
Take care all and keep warm love Janice xxxx
Doz1949

Just a quickie Flutterbys ALL CLEAR 😀 got my results within half an hour so don't put up with the wait xxxxx
Elsa

Hi girls

Just come back from a fab weekend in London seeing my daughter.  Went to see East is East on Friday with Jane Horrocks (brilliant); river cruise to Greenwich on Saturday where there was a marvellous market selling everything-foods from around the world; jewellry, clothes (bought a hippified skirt); soaps (bought some african black soap); then Saturday evening we went to see Wicked and what a great show; we didn't realise there was so much humour in it.  Sunday was quieter we went to see a wedding dress exhibition at the V&A museum - my favourite was Kate Moss's dress by John Galiano-absolutely stunning and so small!!

I then stayed in London for a 2 day course with work so got back late last; think I'll go into work late this morning!  Roll on the weekend

Hope everyone is doing okay

x

x

JaniceRob

Xmas not even thinking about it I think it will be wine for friends and I am giving money to my son to buy grand kids presents so being lazy ha ha. Giving other grand kids App Store vouchers as they can get what they want so going to be easy shopping for me apart from Phil no ideas at all for him.Hope Vikkis op goes well and as it's next week not much time to think about it take care xxxxx
Doz1949

Hi
Janice I do hope things get better for Phil poor man... Fingers crossed A/Bs have worked this time.... X
My eye is well on the mend still a bit puffy when I wake up but infection has cleared up, still nothing from Safety team, tho I heard today he had been on the ward, but no message to meet up and discuss so I don't think I,ll hear anymore? Disgusting really when our safety is a concern at times 😔 I have presented Sister with a bill for my glasses... And a week on, its still on her desk!!
Vikki received a letter yesterday to say the corrective surgery on her foot has been brought forward....... To next week!!! Instead of January, so any thoughts of a small pre Xmas job has been shelved! Tho I guess the good side is that she,ll be back on her feet quicker..
Hope you are recovering well Jane and things are a bit less stressful for you now? I,ve got my check up next week so I,ll be a lot happier with that out of the way again 😳
Hope everyone is well and getting ready for xmas, I,ve still got a bit of shopping to do but I,m getting there 😀
Much love and lots of hugs to you all flutter gently xxxxhugxxxx
JaniceRob

Hi Doz how are you doing and more to the point has anyone been in touch with you? It's disgusting the way you have been treated hope eye is getting better and never mind WTF you are entitled to have a rant.
Jane hope you are recovered from op and have had a rest from work.
Phil just finished A.B s again so waiting for nurse to do swab probably on Monday wound still oozing but is improving.In himself he is fine so hopefully it will be sorted by xmas. Consultant said he would see him 6 weeks after his op but now 7 weeks and still no app I think the NHS is going down pan very quickly.
Hope everyone taking care love and hugs Janice xxxxx
Doz1949

Ah Janice poor man he must be rattling by now... I hope he gets sorted out this time so you can both finally move on love to you both xxx
Brilliant news Jane you must be so relieved 😀 and getting to see your friend after all that time wow xxx
I didn't take any time off work I went in and swapped my shifts to the end of the week with another nurse so it would,nt leave them struggling, tho why I bother is a mystery as all I got for my effort was.... "That's not a black eye... I wish people would stop coming to me to tell me you have a black eye... People should get their facts right, they need to keep out of it" ??? Er WTF was that all about and why do I even bother?
I got an email from Safety team asking if I,d been injured, I told them yes and gave them times to contact me... Did I hear from them? Nooooooo! That was 11 days ago!
Had a brilliant day at Meadowhall yesterday took my sister and her wheelchair 😀 Vikki had the job of pushing her round and they were both in their element 😀 Carol even managed to get a cut and blow dry and managed to eat all her lunch 😀 it was hilarious watching them both shopping and even more hilarious watching Carol say oh let's just pop in there 😀 she got all her Xmas shopping done while we just enjoyed watching her being so motivated😀
I think voluntary work for Vikki would be an excellent idea to gain some self esteem back, she,s had a word with the Dr to go have a chat with a councillor just to get the last 2 1/2 yrs off her chest... It has knocked her back bless her, and as much as we talk I think someone can step in and help her... Fingers crossed!
Well it's throwing it down today 😔 so won't be going far!
Stay well Flutterbys and don't get those wings wet!! Love and hugs to you all xxxxhugxxxx
Elsa

You don't come to work to be assauleted; what's worse is the reaction or should I say non reaction from work.  Take as much time off as you can Doz because you need to look after yourself both physically and emotionally; how far away is retirement????  I hope Vicky finds something soon.  My son had a similiar problem when he left uni; there was just nothing for him and he went to lots of interviews but no jobs materialised.  He got quite low and I was worried about him; in the end I persuaded him to do some voluntary work with the local wildlife trust and that was his saving grace psychologically.  He so looked forward to his days with the group and being part of a team and luckily he eventually found a job but for a while I was very concerned about him.

Janice; one step forward and 2 back it seems; sometimes you have to chase the nhs; it isn't right though.  

My op went fine yesterday and I was home by 2pm.  The consultant didn't seem too worried that I had anything other than a benign polyp; it's gone to histology and he'll write me the results in 2-3 weeks time so feeling a bit more relaxed about things.  He didn't think it necessary to take any more biopsies.  There should have been 5 on his list but 2 of the ops were cancelled due to staff shortages so guess I was one of the lucky ones.  I felt to sorry for the woman opposite me; she was elderly and in pain from arthritis.  She was also on her own and the nurses asked where her husband was and she said he was on the golf course!  She could have gone home quite quickly as she only had a local anaesthetic but had to wait in the hospital until he'd finished his round of golf!  We offered her a lift home as it was on our way and her face lit up only to fall again when she realised her house keys were in her husband's car poor thing.

Anyway, I was taking it easy yesterday when the phone rang and it was an old school friend of mine who I haven't seen for 30 years though we've kept in touch by ltter.  Anyway; she's coming to see me in 2 weeks so can't wait to see her; I wonder how much we've both changed!!

Take care flutterbies

Jane x

JaniceRob

Hi Jane hope all goes well and get a good rest while you are off sick Get well soon
Doz you poor dear it's not what you expect from the job without it being swept under the carpet you need danger money.Hope Vikki finds something soon as it is very depressing looking for work.
Well doc rang this morning and poor Phil back on antibiotics for another week just hope they work this time and his wound heals up as otherwise he is feeling okay. His consultant said he would see him 6 weeks after his op but no appointment and it's 6 weeks today since it was done so going to ring them and see what's going on. It's seems like we have to chase after everybody and after the past 2 years he has had its not right
Take care all love and hugs Janice xxxxx
Doz1949

Morning Flutterbys
I will keep everything crossed for you Jane and wish you a speedy recovery 😘😘😘
So good to hear Phil is feeling much better again I hope things continue to improve and you can finally start moving on Janice much love to you both 😘😘😘
Things not too bad here had a bit of a hiccup a couple of weeks ago 😔 a patient we,ve had for a while had become increasingly aggresive and while attending to him with another nurse he lashed out with his knee and walloped me under.. that... Boob 😔 took my breath away then in the next instance the knee came up and smacked me right in the eye didn't think it had done any damage but he did break my glasses, the following day I woke up with the most awful swelling and pain in my eye... Turns out the trauma had caused a form of conjunctivitis 😥 so that put me out of action for a few days... I put an incident report in and as per usual no feedback and not much concern from the ward! Not that I expected it! I think it's been swept under the carpet now but I,m putting a claim in for my glasses! It's not on what we have to put up with sometimes! The consultant knew he was getting aggressive but because they don't have to care for them as such they don't realize what us nurses put up with 😔
Poor old Vikki is having a few problems she has become very withdrawn and depressed, she,s been job hunting and so far no luck and I think it's knocking her confidence.. It's made her stress out so much... Really feel for her as she had such a smile on her face when she was declared fit for work it's quite soul destroying 😒 think its time for her to go and have a chat with someone as it's been a long time since she worked and she is finding it really hard to adjust, bless her!
Sister is quite perky tho 😀 so I,ll say no more in case I jinx her 😃
Hey ho life goes on and winter approaches!!! It's been really cold this past week and there is a threat of lots of downpours....... Would rather have snow 😀
Wishing you all well and sending much love to you all! Flutter gently and wrap yourselves up girls!
xxxxxhugsxxxxx
Elsa

So glad that Phil's beginning to feel better and that his wound is improving.  You will get to Australia I'm sure of it; I'll click my red shoes 3 times !

Good luck on the 27th Doz; will you get your results the same day or will you have a wait?

I'm going into hospital tomorrow as a day case for my op to remove the polyp and have more biospies.  Had my pre-op assessment last Friday and was told I'd need a week off work so that suits me the way work is at the moment!  Be glad when its over though.

x

JaniceRob

Thanks everybody it's such a good feeling. Phil feeling fine and getting out and about again. Still got gunk from wound but getting less by the day. He had a chat with G.P the other day and felt better as it seemed as if someone does care. Just looking forward to getting him fully recovered and the starting to plan our BIG holiday next year whoo hoo I am crossing everything and Wiil get to Oz come hell or high water. Love and hugs to my fabulous flutterby friends Janice xxxxxx
P.s I am sure all will be finer for you as well Doz xxx
Doz1949

Hi Flutterbys
I got my letter through today for my next check up eeeeeeeeek! November 27th... Seems to have come round really quick!
Hope things are going well for everyone and Phil is picking up..
Love and hugs to all xxxhugsxxx
Elsa

Yaroo!!! xx

Doz1949

YAAAAAY another year under your belt 😀😀😀😀 sending a massive hug Janice 💗 xxxhugsxxx
emmy

Yay!!!!! It's a good feeling isn't it? I hope things are looking up for Phil bless him he has certainly had more than his share, I am sending you both hugs xxx

JaniceRob

Mammo results FINE another year over. Got bone density scan on 1st December as on different medication which is much better for me love Janice xx
JaniceRob

Hi Jane Phil better in himself but still gunk oozing from wound A.Bs finished tonight so will have a chat with District nurse on Friday and if no joy will ring hospital as it's a week now since it all happened.
Bet you are looking forward to the celebration it's nice to have something to look forward seems ages since our 3 got married.
Take care and hope work isn't too bad love and hug Janice xxxx
Elsa

Hi girls

Janice- Phil's having a rough time and I so hope that the AB's kick in and get rid of the infection so that he'll feel better soon.  At least he's home now.

Our daughter starts her new job today but she rang yesterday to say that she and her (I can say this now) fiance! are coming to see us in 3 weeks time so better get a bottle of bubbly in to celebrate their good news and I'll make a special dinner for us all.

I'm back to work today after being off sick with my fall and investigations; going back in at the deep end as am on call for the self harm rota today - oh joy!

Flutter gently

Jane x

JaniceRob

Good news Jane all round. Lovely to have a wedding to look forward to and make sure you chill out and get some rest you've had a rough time.
Got Phil home 7pm last night and still hadn't done the letters so told them to post them. He is a lot better but the amount of gunk that poured from his wound was unbelievable.So on massive dose of A.Bs for 5 more days just hope this sorts it out as it's still oozing poor man what next he is sick of it all. Anyway take care all and get off to slimming world Jane it's the only one that works love and hugs Janice xxxxxxx
Elsa

Hi girls

Well, I eventually had my hysteroscopy yesterday afternoon.  it is not a glamorous investigation; you have to take everything off from the waist down and put on a hospital gown.  I walked into the room where the consultant and 3 nurses were waiting and the consultant said I don't know why we bother with gowns!!  I said to him that I didn't much like the thought of walking into a roomful of strangers naked from the waist down!  He did smile at this., honestly, I ask you.  Anyway, the upshot is that all looked okay but I have a large polyp; so I have to go back in about a month to have it removed under a general anaesthetic and I'll also have more biopsies taken.  BUT the consultant didn't seem too worried thank goodness so I feel a little easier and more relaxed.

I've had this week off work as I just couldn't face it all at the beginning of the week. My friend is the Practice Nurse at my GP surgery and when I told her about my fall and hysteroscopy she just told me to take the week off and she'd sort out a sick note for me; I felt so relieved.

Some good news..my daughter phoned me last night and asked if her boyfriend should phone her dad to ask for her hand in marriage!!!!!! 

Slimming world here I come!!!

Doz1949

Oh bless you both I do hope things get better soon and there won't have to be more intervention...
Fingers crossed for him, take care of yourself Janice love to you both xxxxhugxxxx
JaniceRob

Hope all still standing after the gales nearly blew me over. Stella you need to talk to someone maybe BCC may help. Sometimes when you look things up it's the worst things you read so do talk to someone.Glad things seem to be improving your end Doz and hope Vikki finds work soon.Jane thinking of you hope all goes well and you get some good news.
Phil still got high temperature even after nearly 3days of antibiotics I think they may have to put a drain in. So no signs of him getting home before the weekend poor soul he is so fed up stuck in there and no- one to talk to so hope things may have improved when I go to see him later.
Love and hugs to all Janice xxx
Doz1949

Hi Butterfly's
Hope no.one got blown away with the awful winds... And it just blew a few troubles away!
Jane I hope by now you have heard some good news it's really too long to be left presuming or guessing.. But the longer it is I think you really can be rest assured.. And for you too Janice I think it's dreadful that results are,nt rushed through! After all we have been through you would think they would put some importance on them? I think it's time you all started giving the units grief I,ve got mine coming up in Dec, I will start ringing if they are,nt back in a week as the results will be there it is so wrong that they are,nt read and reported on!
I hav,nt heard of that procedure Stella so I,m sorry hon I can,t help you.. But if you are concerned in anyway in what you have read then you must speak to someone, don't let it worry you xx
Still got the remnants of this virus but it is on its way out thank goodness blessed thing floored me 😔
My sick note runs out on Friday so work has been ringing to see if I,ll be back Saturday so I think it's time... Then once I,d said yes I was told I,m on a double shift Saturday?? Jeesuuuuus! I hav,nt done doubles since Vikki was taken ill... 😳 well if that does,nt kill me I hope it cures me 😩
Vikki is now job hunting 😊 she has,nt had much luck yet but she is eager to start work so I think she will take anything as long as it's not too hard on her back... Which fingers crossed has really improved since the nerve blocking injections 😄
Sister is quite stable at the moment cardiology don't want to see her again.. Just waiting now for biopsy on the fluid on her lung, and Gastro to sort appointment out!
Hope Phil is recovering and everyone is continuing to move on a bit? Apart from blessed results!
Much love to all keep those precious wings dry and warm and remember to "flutter gently" xxxxxhugsxxxxx
katieb

Excuse my spelling - should check before I send haha x

katieb

Morning ladies
Jane will be thinking of you today everything crossed for you bug like the others have said I'm sure you would have heard something before now if it was anything. Hope you've recovered from your fall.
How are you now Doz?
I saw consultant 2 weeks ago - I have to have my implant removed - radiotherapy has affected it quite badly Di she's suggested a back flap? I've got info, quite scary reading, have any of you had this done? It ring be til next year. Was very upset st first think it just brought everything back but hot my head round it now.
Looks like a quieter day today thank goodness.
Hope you're all well ladies and sending big hugs.
Stella xxx

JaniceRob

Hi everybody just to let you know I was seeing oncologist today and told her I had mammo on 10th Oct so she looked for results and not even reported on yet.I think she was a bit disgusted.I have it done at a different hospital so they are obviously very busy but that doesn't help us does it. Hope you are all okay Take care love Janice xxx
Doz1949

Think we,ve all been there I,m the clumsiest of all 😵 xxxxx
venice25

oh I know how you feel I was really looking forward to my first trip away after all my treatment finished in feb I missed my footing off the kerb and fell flat it was wet and I just howled like a baby felt like I had been kicked by a horse the day after, could hardly move so that was my weekend up in smoke good luck with results its the pits waiting love gill
JaniceRob

I agree with Doz Jane I am sure they would have been in touch by now so fingers crossed all is okay. Rotten having apps cancelled just makes the worry last longer.
Doz good for you actually taking care of yourself hope you feel better soon. Mammo was fine much better than last time didn't seem to squash as much I am sure machine was more updated than last year so just waiting for results now.Phil improving daily I think he is maybe a bit anaemic from op but that should improve over next few weeks. Not that anybody is bothered his magnesium level was very low and he was supposed to have tablets in hospital for it but they didn't have them and didn't mention it in discharge letter so I just bought some at health food shop I am quite disgusted in our G.P practise they seem to think he doesn't exist as he hasn't had follow ups for his diabetes or anything for ages. Oops here's me on my high horse again take care all and flutter gently love Janice xxxx
Doz1949

Bless you Jane 😔
I think if it's gone on this long waiting for results then I,m sure all is well.. They would most certainly have been in touch by now if it was,nt honey xx
You take good care of yourself, it's easy to say keep your chin up when it's not about you but you don't want to make yourself poorly by worrying 😔 it's rotten when things get cancelled so I do sympathise!
Hope you hav,nt bruised yourself too bad, maybe you do need some time off to recouperate we all know we don't get any medals for bravery xxx
I,m still off work with this viral infection, it's taking some shifting 😔 and I,m still coughing for England! I won't be rushing back, it's knocked the stuffing out of me!
Hope all is well with everyone and Friday was,nt too much trauma Janice, it's coming round to the time of year when we have a few check ups due eeeeek!
Take good care Flutterbys love to you all xxxxxhugxxxxx
Elsa

...and I'm still waiting......no results yet.  I should have been going for a hysteroscopy tomorrow but the hospital phoned to rearrange it to next Wednesday; I was so frustrated, angry I just burst into tears; I just need to know my results.  It is now 7 weeks since I first went to see my GP about this and I'm still in the dark.  I'm not sleeping very well, I feel tired and to cap it all last night I was putting some curtains back up as we've had new windows, lost my footing and fell off the chair!  I knocked my side and leg on the way down and now it is really difficult for me to stretch or bend my upper half so will now need to go off sick from work as don't think I'll be safe to drive let alone doing all the stuff I have to at work.   Sorry for this major whinge but need to let it all out!!!

Jane x

JaniceRob

Always the same Jane waiting for results I've got my mammo on Friday and letter says 4weeks for results so unfair.Hope you get them soon but as Doz says if there was anything they would contact you sooner. I got call back from mammo results in 4 days when I was diagnosed. Hope all goes okay next Thursday and we will all be there virtual handholding so stay strong and know we are all here for you big hug Janice xxx
Doz1949

Ah Jane bless you it's the waiting room scenario all over again for you and we all know what a rotten time that can be... But stay positive honey and remember if it had been a bad result you would have heard by now rather than the results being pigeon holed.. Keep your chin up and don't let the gremlins in xxx
I,m off work at the moment with a stinker of a cold/chest infection 😨 but I,m not going to let guilt make me go back before I,m fully over it this time! I forgot to take care of ME while running round like a headless chicken for my sister... I don't begrudge her any of my time at all but once she had been put into hospital.. I was shattered and will admit it for once! Now I,ve come down with this it's made me realize how much we should take care of ourselves... Lesson learnt eeeeeek!
She is now home and her carers can take over 😊 no proper diagnosis but after refusing 2nd endoscopy.. She panicked at the first and they had to stop so she has been given several outpatient appointments with Gastro Cardiology and Chest clinics! They still suspect a bleed somewhere for her severe anaemia but until she has the tests it remains a mystery, tho once she,d had transfusions she picked up quite quickly... Fingers crossed she stays that way....... So I can recouperate!! ( selfish ) 😳
Hope everyone is taking care of themselves and keeping warm.... Who switched winter on 😟
Flutter gently Butterflies xxxxhugxxxx
Elsa

I

Hi flutterbys

I'm still waiting on my results; I was promised 2 weeks which was yesterday so I phoned the hospital to be told that my results are in the doctor's pigeon hole waiting for him to dictate a letter!  His secretary must have heard me sigh and said she'd see if she can get him to do the letter asap.  I can't bear the waiting and not knowing.  I have to go in for a 'look around' next Thursday so will be glad when that's over as they now do it under local anaesthetic; it's not a dignified experience!  Am trying to keep positive.

Hope all is okay with everyone

Jane x

JaniceRob

Try not to worry too much Jane I know it's easier said than done. Your holiday sounded lovely just the sort of thing we could do with. It's so long since we have had a holiday I' ve forgotten what it's like. Hopefully next year and maybe even a trip to Australia to visit our son if things settle down. We have got to have a hospital free year sometime so fingers crossed. Well have decided to do some clearing out of bedrooms this afternoon. That's if I don't get distracted when I was working I was more organised but what the heck life's to be enjoyed take care Jane thinking of you big hug Janice xxxxx