Wigs

Hi

Not sure if this is the best place for this but I am now post treatment and hair is coming back nicely.

I bought a wig which I wore once for about 30 minutes indoors (covid meant didn’t go anywhere and in fact I was very happy just using chemo headwear, scarves etc.).

Is there somewhere that could make sure of it does anyone know please?

I’d like it to go to a good cause.

Thank you

Louise

Hi LouJP,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven’t had any response yet. I am sure someone will be along shortly to share their thoughts.

In the meantime, you can ask one of our experts in the Ask our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond you online.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

Hi Louise - that is so lovely of you to want to donate your wig, I’m sure someone would be extremely grateful for it. I wonder if your BCN would have an idea, or is there a local cancer support centre nearby you could ask? Evie xx

Hello, I also had a nearly new wig no longer needed last year. Our local macmillan said they did not take 2nd hand ones, but put me on to www.wigbank.com who were pleased to take it. They are based in Perth, may be worth checking they are still taking them? Hope you  find someone to have it, I agree it’s nice to pass them on. Xx

So please I found this! I did exactly the same, bought 2 (rather expensive) wigs and wore one once and never touched the other. Did the Wigbank take the wig? X 

Hey LouJP - if you’re in the UK I know Nicola at wonderfulwigs.co.uk/ would be interested in hearing from you. They are a great bunch (based in Sunderland / Newcastle but you can post) and I’m sure they can help x