Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still painful

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: still painful

Hi Chick

I agree entirely with your comment about being told at the outset that these problems can go on and on and on..... and probably never get fully better - that way it would solve a lot of the worries and anxiety which builds up when these niggles carry on.

It is definately a case of learning to manage and accept.  The more treatment you have the more you have to accept!

Jay x

Highlighted

Hello Jools and all,

I am just over 2 years since surgeries, and still painfull areas. Followed similar path as you Jay, apart from I had SNB rather than complete node removal.

It has improved greatly with time and I am learning to manage and accept. 

What I found unhelpful was being told at the time how the pain etc may take up to a year to sort itself out. And then when I went back for first check I was told it could go on for years/be permanent/it's nerve damage/swallow a few Gabapentin..... Blah blah 😡.  Always grateful to have access to all the wonderful treatment and care, just not too enamoured by the way it is delivered at times! 

Hope it settles down for you Jools, but if you are worried then discuss with/see medical staff. 

All the best to you, 

Chick 🐥 x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Jools 2 

I'm sorry to say, 2 years on and I still have some discomfort - not all the time though thankfully!

I had chemo followed by mx with complete node removal and radiotherapy x15.  

I do have a few lasting niggles from the chemo - but the scar damage from the rads far outweighs everything else!  

Saying all of the above, I feel thankful and lucky to be alive so I really TRY not to complain......!!!   Honestly though it does get better and you learn to live with the new you!  

Take care x

Highlighted

Hi, it's totally normal the rads can play havoc with your muscles and there will be scar tissue too but it will settle down. Fab news on finishing your treatment xx

Highlighted

still painful

Hi everyone,  I finished my treatment in January 2019, after having 6 chemo sessions, lumpectomy with 22 lymph nodes removed, and 3 weeks rads..........just concerned as still have lumpy painful boob, and want to know if this is normal.  Many thanks for reading and hope to get a reply .